logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Dartagnan
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 05, 2010 10:38:38 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 05, 2010 10:40:04 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

shrapi
#11 Posted : Monday, September 06, 2010 3:53:49 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hope for a win against Cibulkova.

Will see the match.

Don't like that Jumping-Jack-Flash.

Good luck !!!

Prefer to see Kuzi-Maria in the next round

Dartagnan
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:55:00 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Excellent tennis players: Kuznetsova- Dementieva

Светлана Кузнецова, Елена Дементьева, US Open, WTA

shrapi
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:40:17 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sorry that she lost in Tokyo against Petkovic.
Dartagnan
#4 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2012 4:39:37 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Dartagnan;80220 wrote:

Excellent tennis players: Kuznetsova- Dementieva

Светлана Кузнецова, Елена Дементьева, US Open, WTA

Kuznetsova's return to Spanish style effective

Ticker - Friday, June 1, 2012

Kuznetsova, who defeated world No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska at Roland Garros on Friday, said she made a mistake when she moved her training base out of Spain and back to Russia. Kuznetsova has not been a force at the majors since she won Roland Garros in 2009.

"I try to play more forehands, I try to dictate, I play more speed," she said. "This is the game I was playing when I won [2004] U.S. Open and I won the French Open, when I won Miami. And start to be very ordinary on the court in my game, the tennis that other girls play and other girls like. I have some advantages, which I have not been using. Coming back, for example, to Moscow to train, it was right thing for my soul, to my feelings inside, but changing my tennis from Spanish ways to another way, that was wrong for me. I had great coaches, everybody I appreciate a lot, and they brought a lot to me, but I need something else. I need a little bit back, my spin game."

VIDEO: http://tennis.com/articl...leid=17967&zoneid=25

frida
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 6:15:02 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)
oh my god! it's impossible kuznetsova beat radwanska! but impossible come true !
1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 6/2/2012(UTC)
Alireza
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 7:33:16 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Yes frida Kuznetsova beat Radwanska and that wasn't an accident! I think that Kuznetsova played very

well against Radwanska and she beat her!

Kuznetsova beat Radwanska in 2 sets, 6-1 6-2!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 6/2/2012(UTC)
adrian555
#15 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 8:16:29 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
the woman's draw is wide open
1 user thanked adrian555 for this useful post.
frida on 6/2/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#16 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 3:36:05 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kuznetsova Rekindles That Winning Feeling

Svetlana Kuznetsova

PARIS, France - She's done it before, but it can be called a comeback of sorts - Svetlana Kuznetsova scored her biggest win in almost three years at the French Open, beating Agnieszka Radwanska in the third round, 61 62.

The No.26-seeded Kuznetsova put on an impressive display of aggressive clay court tennis in front of the Court Philippe Chatrier crowds, combining strong serving with huge topspin forehands to dominate the No.3-seeded Radwanska, finishing with a lethal +16 winners-to-errors differential (27 winners to 11 errors).

"She was doing everything right today and I really couldn't do anything," Radwanska said. "After a couple of minutes I was 5-0 down. She was playing very aggressive from both sides, and she had an answer for everything I was trying to do. I don't think I played badly, but she was just playing unbelievable.

"I didn't expect that good tennis. She was just too good."

"I haven't played that well in a long time," Kuznetsova said. "I was in control of my things. When I feel in control of my moves and am not depending so much on my opponent, it brings me the best feelings. That's why I really enjoy tennis, that's why I love tennis. And I haven't had this feeling for quite some time."

Kuznetsova has always played well against Radwanska - that was her sixth straight win against the Pole, and she leads the overall head-to-head, 10-3.

"I think Agnieszka is a great player and reads the game unbelievable," Kuznetsova said. "When you watch her play, she doesn't overpower you, but she counterattacks very well. I have to dictate against her and never let go."

Kuznetsova's win over the World No.3 was her first Top 3 win since she won this tournament in 2009 - she beat the Top 2 players in the world that tournament, No.2 Serena Williams in the quarterfinals and No.1 Dinara Safina in the final.

Next up for Kuznetsova is No.21 seed Sara Errani, who was two games away from defeat against Ana Ivanovic at 5-all in the second set but dug deep to beat the No.13 seed and former French Open champion in three, 16 75 63.

"I was really pleased the way I started - I was really aggressive and created a lot of opportunities for myself," Ivanovic said. "Then in the second and third sets she started raising her level a lot and putting a lot more on the ball. I started getting flatfooted and hitting more unforced errors as the match went on.

"At least I was going for my shots, being aggressive and doing the things I should be doing. It's my game, and I just have to be persistent with it."

Kuznetsova has beaten Errani in all five of their previous meetings.

Also among the early winners was No.2 seed Maria Sharapova, who was actually still playing the second round - her match was cancelled on Thursday due to darkness. But she caught up quickly, routing Ayumi Morita, 61 61, allowing the Japanese just one winner in the match. Three days ago she allowed her first round opponent, Romania's Alexandra Cadantu, zero winners.

"I was happy with the way I played today," Sharapova said. "I had never faced my opponent before, and when she has time she really goes for her shots, so I wanted to get her on the move. I was aggressive and moved in when I had to.

"With every round I'm going to be playing tougher opponents, and that's when you really want to raise your level. That's what I'll try to do in the next round."

Next up for Sharapova is No.28 seed Peng Shuai, who won her second round match Thursday. Sharapova leads Peng in their head-to-head series, 3-1.

http://www.wtatennis.com...-feeling_2256076_2795334

Dartagnan
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:52:04 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kuznetsova beats Wozniacki at Hobart Intl

Jan 8, 2013

Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia has made it into the quarter-finals of the Hobart International tournament in Sydney by defeating the former World No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark 7:6, 1:6, 6:2.

The match between the two lasted for about 4 hours.

Now Kuznetsova is going to face Angelique Kerber of Germany.

The tournament`s prize fund is $690,000.

Dartagnan
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:23:48 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Three Russians in Australian Open's 3rd round

Российская теннисистка Светлана Кузнецова теннис ракетка

Jan 17, 2013 09:47

Three Russians have made it into the third round of the Australian Open tennis tournament under way in Melbourne.

Svetlana Kuznetsova took an easy 6:2, 6:1 win over Su-Wei of Taiwan. Her teammate Maria Kirilenko defeated Peng Shuai of China 7:5, 6:2, and Yelena Vesnina was better than American Varvara Lepchenko – 6:4, 6:2.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/17/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:45:58 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

Dartagnan;321399 wrote:

Three Russians in Australian Open's 3rd round

Российская теннисистка Светлана Кузнецова теннис ракетка

Jan 17, 2013 09:47

Three Russians have made it into the third round of the Australian Open tennis tournament under way in Melbourne.

Svetlana Kuznetsova took an easy 6:2, 6:1 win over Su-Wei of Taiwan. Her teammate Maria Kirilenko defeated Peng Shuai of China 7:5, 6:2, and Yelena Vesnina was better than American Varvara Lepchenko – 6:4, 6:2.

Story should specify that's on one side of the draw. On the other side, there are three MORE Russians in the third round--Sharapova, Makarova & Savinykh 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 1/21/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#8 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:23:24 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia's Kuznetsova advances to Australian Open quarters

29.05.2011 кузнецова ролан гаррос теннис

On Monday, Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova made it to the quarterfinals of the 2013 Australian Open after beating Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 2-6, 7-5.

Later this week, Kuznetsova will face the winner of a match between Victoria Azarenko of Belarus and Russia’s Yelena Vesnina.

nazanine on 6/5/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:50:51 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kuznetsova Moves on to Portugal Open Quarterfinals

Svetlana Kuznetsova

MOSCOW, May 1 (R-Sport) – Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova reached the quarterfinals of the Portugal Open on Wednesday after beating Kazakhstan's Galina Voskoboeva.

Kuznetsova, the world No. 45, converted four of her 10 break point opportunities on her way to a smooth 6-4, 6-4 victory on clay in the Lisbon suburb of Oeiras.

In the quarterfinals, the 27-year-old faces Switzerland’s Romina Oprandi, who breezed past Shuai Peng 6-1, 6-3 on Wednesday.

Reigning Portual Open champion Kaia Kanepi of Estonia converted each of her four break points to demolish Romania's Sorana Cirstea 6-1, 6-2 in just over an hour.

Kanepi faces either Japan’s Ayumi Morita or Urszula Radwanska of Poland in the quarterfinal.

The Portugal Open, formerly known as Estoril Open, holds a $235,000 purse.

Alireza on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 12:51:58 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kuznetsova Beats Kerber to Make French Open Quarterfinals

Svetlana Kuznetsova

MOSCOW, June 2 (R-Sport) – Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova reached the quarterfinals of the French Open on Sunday with a rollercoaster three-set victory over eighth seed Angelique Kerber.

The unseeded Kuznetsova, ranked 39 in the world, broke Kerber five times to grab a 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 win, leveling their head-to-head record at 2-2.

"Yes, I had a rough time, I couldn't find my game, but I always demonstrate my best performance at the Grand Slam tournaments," Kuznetsova said after the match. "Maybe, I acted too hasty in some moments, but I just wanted to finish the match faster."

Kuznetsova dominated the deciding set before finishing off her opponent with a beautiful forehand down the line, her 48th winner of the match.
Kerber had struck the first blow, breaking the Russian to go 4-3 up in the first set, but the Russian quickly retaliated to take the next three games and the set.

The German turned the tide in the second set, converting a crucial break point in the seventh game and consolidating the advantage to set up the decider.

"In the second set, I should have played better," Kuznetsova said. "But the most important thing is that I managed to pull myself together and cut down on my mistakes in the third."

Kuznetsova, the 2009 champion, will have a tough match-up in the next round as she faces world No. 1 Serena Williams, who is on a 28-match winning streak. 

Dartagnan: I want Kuznetsova to play a great match against Serena. I think she is the one who can beat Serena Williams, she has defeated her before...

"No doubt, she is the best. She's stronger than anyone in the world and she demonstrates fantastic tennis," said Kuznetsova, who added that the match is still far from predetermined.

[HL] Svetlana Kuznetsova v. Serena Williams 2009 Roland Garros [QF]

VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVmHmLhTlCs

CROUCHING TIGER on 6/3/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 10:26:33 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO KUZI...SHE DID PUT UP A GREAT FIGHT AND ALMOST HAD THE SKIN !!! DAVAI...

Serena Williams appeared to be on her way to an easy 29th consecutive victory Tuesday at the French Open. But her opponent would not go down without a fight.

After taking the first set 6-2, Williams lost eight of 11 games in the middle of the match before finally turning it on again to defeat Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-2, 3-6, 6-3. The win puts her in the semifinals at Roland Garros for the first time since 2003.

After sweeping through the first set, Williams was broken twice early in the second set, then broken again to start the third set. She managed to gather herself in the third set, including a service hold early, and then regain control of the match.

After falling behind 0-2 in deciding set, Williams won five consecutive games to get to 5-2. Kuznetsova then stopped the streak, but Williams served it out.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/4/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 6/4/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/5/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 10:27:45 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Svetlana Kuznetsova

NEXT TIME YOU'RE TOAST !!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
frida
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 11:41:24 AM(UTC)
frida

I watched it,Svetlana showed a great performance , a performance which made big troubles for Serena! She was very close to victory , I congratulate her because of that great tennis :)
2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 6/4/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/5/2013(UTC)
frida
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 11:44:25 AM(UTC)
frida

I watched it,Svetlana showed a great performance , a performance which made big troubles for Serena! She was very close to victory , I congratulate her because of that great tennis :)