logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Lets Blog!!!!
scottish
#59 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:28:23 PM(UTC)
scottish

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

I didn't think Australia got to the last 16, i though they didn't get group stage of the world cup to the knockout?? I remember watching the match and they lost to Italy after some dirty Italian dived and got a penalty? But Australia were damn unlucky not get through, i think they deserved to. Nah Scotland wasn't at the last world cup, the last one they made it to was France 98!!! The problem is its a lot easier for Australia to qualify for the world cup because to qualify they only play against teams from asia pacific region, and most of them arn't really world class so they don't have to play really difficult opposition to get through. But for Scotland we are in Europe and thats probably the best continent in the world for football (some would argue South America, but Europe has had for more different world cup winning nations. So we are pretty screwed really as a small nation in Europe, i mean take our group at the moment for Euro 2008 qualifying.......Italy - World Cup 2006 Champions, France - World cup runners up, Ukraine - World cup semi finalists!!! Insanely tough!!

I hope NZ win the rugby, they are the best team to watch i think, so much movement, they really hold the line very well, that rocococo guy is pretty damn great, the fly half aint bad either. All in all they are a bit like the Brazil of rugby, they don't get worried because they know they will score more than the opposition, having said that their defence has really got much better than it used to be as well!! The aussies are too arrogant, so don't want them to win.  

midaso
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:43:03 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

I thought 2 countries from each group advanced to a round of 16 - and it was Italy v Australia and Aussie were unlucky not to advance to the quarters...

But I still think the best countries for soccer are Brazil and Argentina - I just think they are the most naturally talented...

Yeah we've got a good team - the flyhalf,Dan Carter is talked up as one of the best ever - he's better than Wilkinson no question - but most of the girls like him for his looks and he's a model for jocks...

Albion
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:47:56 PM(UTC)

[quote user="midaso"]

I thought 2 countries from each group advanced to a round of 16 - and it was Italy v Australia and Aussie were unlucky not to advance to the quarters...

But I still think the best countries for soccer are Brazil and Argentina - I just think they are the most naturally talented...

[/quote]

Yeah you're right Australia did get to the last 16 and were unlucky to lose to Italy. I remember the Aussie defender was on the floor and the Italian delibratly tripped over technically a penalty but it was a bit harsh.

I think your right about Brazil and Argentina, I think its the style they play football makes them so talented.

midaso
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:00:31 AM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I don't want to think about that world cup now - cos right before the
tournament I was gonna put $50 on a team to win it - and Italy was the
team I thought about(serious) - but I never put it on. I could have
made $450 - damn it...