logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
ao 2010
laki696
#1 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 9:43:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Does anyone knows what is maria going to wear at ao 2010
jjju
#11 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 1:46:44 PM(UTC)

This might be the one that she is going to wear.

sarah
#20 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 11:41:46 AM(UTC)
sarah

Yeah, seems to be that one, although I think I've seen like almost a year ago, maybe it was designed for AO 09,  :

laki696
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 1:25:22 PM(UTC)

this is ana's and i like it a lot. she's sexy!
craigwickersham
#4 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2009 12:12:05 PM(UTC)
craigwickersham

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I think anything she wears will look grreat on her, she's the best!!

giane
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 05, 2009 6:22:50 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
great design.. love it!!
krishnapriya
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2009 1:43:18 PM(UTC)
krishnapriya

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
BEAUTIFUL DRESS
sajuki
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:42:04 AM(UTC)
sajuki

gabby_46
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2010 4:28:11 PM(UTC)

i dont want to know what will ANA IVANOVIC wear in AO.

Maria is the most fashionable and beautiful woman in tennis. no doubt. she wears anything are great

giane
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 2:02:21 AM(UTC)
giane

cant wait to the ao.. it will be a great event for sure! one of masha/our memorable place!
azza131093
#2 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2010 9:32:33 AM(UTC)

i think might also be an option for the Australian Open 2010
dhong
#6 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2010 9:39:26 PM(UTC)

OH MY GOSH....VERY CHIC AND FABULOUS...!!!! DEFINITELY VERY MARIA...!!!
giane
#10 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 4:36:52 PM(UTC)
giane

MUCH AWAITED DRESS!! BLESSED WHATEVER SHE WILL WEAR..
paul_pipkin
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:49:14 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Sharapova gets close to Picasso

Wednesday 13 January 2010
By Tom Kelly

Although Maria Sharapova doesn’t see herself as a fashion icon on the court, there’s no doubting she’s a leader when it comes to style and elegance, with both the media and tennis fans often straining to get a glimpse of the Russian’s new outfit each summer.

2010 will be no different, with the former world No.1 sporting jewellery by Tiffany & Co. during all Grand Slam tournaments.

Never one to disappoint, Sharapova’s choice of earrings for Australian Open 2010 highlight her radiance both on and off the court – drops of polished yellow quartz in 18 karat yellow gold designed by the celebrated Paloma Picasso.

The three-time major champion is returning to Melbourne Park for the first time since her 2008 triumph, and says she’s thrilled to be back in Australia, with the warm weather one of the inspirations for her stunning on-court accessories.

“Because it’s summer time, this is usually when I like to play around with different colours,” she told australianopen.com.

“I like the fact that every Grand Slam we play around with different types of earrings depending on what I’m wearing, and we thought because I’m in Australia with the warm weather I didn’t want to do have much ‘bling’.

“We did a little bit of a colour, and Paloma Picasso is really good with that – she really creates gold with these amazing colours.”

A lucrative commodity wherever she goes, the world No.14 has long attracted attention more befitting a supermodel than a tennis player.

Despite this, the down-to-earth Sharapova laughs off the suggestion that she’s idolised as a style and fashion idol.

“I don’t see myself as an icon, but when people acknowledge me as that it’s very flattering and I thank them; ultimately I don’t take it too seriously.

“I’m not so much interested in jewellery designing, but I have a lot of other things I’m doing. As far as wearing the jewellery on court it’s great!”

Amid the fawning over Sharapova’s stylish accessories and on-court outfits, it’s easy to forget the formidable record she has already compiled at just 22 years of age.

The holder of 20 titles on the WTA Tour and at one stage the world No.1 ranking, the Russian boasts one of the most powerful games in women’s tennis – and a steely resolve to go with it.

Now well and truly acclimatised to the Melbourne weather, Sharapova says getting down to business is her main priority – if only to wipe away the disappointment of missing Australian Open 2009.

“Unfortunately I wasn’t in Melbourne last year and missed being here. To be the defending champion coming in and having to miss the tournament, it’s a bit sad.

“But this is a new year; I’m stronger and healthier and really looking forward to it.”

If the Tiffany & Co. earrings are anything to go by, Sharapova will be dazzling her opponents both on and off the court.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2010-01-13/201001131263378887562.html?fpos=r5

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
katmilr
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:49:51 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)

^^^

Here are some close up photos at this site of those Tiffany Earrings Maria will be sporting on court 

http://www.gototennisblog.com/2010/01/13/photos-maria-sharapova-works-it-for-tiffany-co-and-nike-in-melbourne/

[:D] 

mashadabest
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:15:50 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Sharapova gets close to Picasso

Wednesday 13 January 2010
By Tom Kelly

Although Maria Sharapova doesn’t see herself as a fashion icon on the court, there’s no doubting she’s a leader when it comes to style and elegance, with both the media and tennis fans often straining to get a glimpse of the Russian’s new outfit each summer.

2010 will be no different, with the former world No.1 sporting jewellery by Tiffany & Co. during all Grand Slam tournaments.

Never one to disappoint, Sharapova’s choice of earrings for Australian Open 2010 highlight her radiance both on and off the court – drops of polished yellow quartz in 18 karat yellow gold designed by the celebrated Paloma Picasso.

The three-time major champion is returning to Melbourne Park for the first time since her 2008 triumph, and says she’s thrilled to be back in Australia, with the warm weather one of the inspirations for her stunning on-court accessories.

“Because it’s summer time, this is usually when I like to play around with different colours,” she told australianopen.com.

“I like the fact that every Grand Slam we play around with different types of earrings depending on what I’m wearing, and we thought because I’m in Australia with the warm weather I didn’t want to do have much ‘bling’.

“We did a little bit of a colour, and Paloma Picasso is really good with that – she really creates gold with these amazing colours.”

A lucrative commodity wherever she goes, the world No.14 has long attracted attention more befitting a supermodel than a tennis player.

Despite this, the down-to-earth Sharapova laughs off the suggestion that she’s idolised as a style and fashion idol.

“I don’t see myself as an icon, but when people acknowledge me as that it’s very flattering and I thank them; ultimately I don’t take it too seriously.

“I’m not so much interested in jewellery designing, but I have a lot of other things I’m doing. As far as wearing the jewellery on court it’s great!”

Amid the fawning over Sharapova’s stylish accessories and on-court outfits, it’s easy to forget the formidable record she has already compiled at just 22 years of age.

The holder of 20 titles on the WTA Tour and at one stage the world No.1 ranking, the Russian boasts one of the most powerful games in women’s tennis – and a steely resolve to go with it.

Now well and truly acclimatised to the Melbourne weather, Sharapova says getting down to business is her main priority – if only to wipe away the disappointment of missing Australian Open 2009.

“Unfortunately I wasn’t in Melbourne last year and missed being here. To be the defending champion coming in and having to miss the tournament, it’s a bit sad.

“But this is a new year; I’m stronger and healthier and really looking forward to it.”

If the Tiffany & Co. earrings are anything to go by, Sharapova will be dazzling her opponents both on and off the court.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2010-01-13/201001131263378887562.html?fpos=r5

[/quote]

LOL at first when I read the title of the article I thought they were talking about Picasso the artist, as in Pablo Picasso haha. [:S] Anyways thanks for the article Paul. [H]

paul_pipkin
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 1:02:52 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Re the Nike ad on youtube: I'm intrigued at the team of girls contracted to launch the new Maria Sharapova Collection:

Kai-Chen Chang (New hope for the Koumintang? [;)])

Julia Goerges (attractive woman)

Anastasia Pivovarova (fresh Russian starlet)

Madison Keyes (promising African-American junior -- first distinctly post-Williams era)

Serious thought went into assembling that list. [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
creme_brulee
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 1:32:51 AM(UTC)

[quote user="jjju"]

This might be the one that she is going to wear.

[/quote] 

This is confirmed~! Nice looking dress suits her.. Maria will always be the most fashionable player of wta...  

sunstreet
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2010 2:59:36 PM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)

I just read an article on tennis.com that Marias dress for aussie open is up 1 to 10 when it comes to selling it in America. A lot of customers try it on, but they buy something else.

And here is Denmark, in a top notch on line tennis shop, she scores a five star resume, amongst five stars available, for style, fit and durability during match play, and the outfit she wore for Memphis and now Indian wells, is getting eaqually high appraisals. It´s a top notch thing here it seems. Not that i´m surprised, Maria has allways been a top notch seller here in DK.

Funny how different the worlds view on fashion is, that´s food for thought, i love that vibrant variation of the globe, otherwise we would bore each other to death.

shelbykay23
#21 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 6:21:35 PM(UTC)
shelbykay23

[quote user="sunstreet"]

I just read an article on tennis.com that Marias dress for aussie open is up 1 to 10 when it comes to selling it in America. A lot of customers try it on, but they buy something else.

And here is Denmark, in a top notch on line tennis shop, she scores a five star resume, amongst five stars available, for style, fit and durability during match play, and the outfit she wore for Memphis and now Indian wells, is getting eaqually high appraisals. It´s a top notch thing here it seems. Not that i´m surprised, Maria has allways been a top notch seller here in DK.

Funny how different the worlds view on fashion is, that´s food for thought, i love that vibrant variation of the globe, otherwise we would bore each other to death.

[/quote]

I find that wierd because i would deffinatly buy it. I actually liked it even though it has gotten a lot of bad reviews.  I agree with you about the variation of the world. Thats always very interesting[:D]