logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Have you met Maria?
jakobtennismb
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2014 5:21:59 PM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm fortunate enough to have Maria live in my hometown (where I still live), and she practices at my local tennis club. I've seen her around a couple of times, but I've never gotten the chance to say "hi" or anything (I guess I had opportunities but I know better than to bother Maria if she's doing something private). Out of the blue last year, my mom sent me an email notifying me that Maria was going to have a launch party by my house for Sugarpova in a local craft store. I wasn't going to miss it! I went, bought 4 bags of candy (I was surprised at the quality. It's actually really good), and stood in line waiting for her along with 100 ish other people. After 30 minutes or so, she came, and she's BEAUTIFUL in person. She said hi to everyone and said she'd make it to everyone in line. When it came time for me to walk up to her table and meet her, tennis magazine in hand for her to sign, I said, "Hi! I know you get this a lot but I've been a fan since '06." She was so cute, and was like, "Oh, no way!" Her assistant asked me if I wanted a picture, and she took one with my phone, but she made it blurry! Anyway, she signed my magazine, and we exchanged thank yous and I said, "Good luck in Paris!" and was on my way. Great day! People say that she's rude sometimes and it's unfair. 1. You can't expect people to be friendly all of the time. 2. If you only knew how creepy some people are with her, you'd understand why she's so professional. Some older guys are really creepy on Facebook and Twitter, and I'm sure she gets people asking for a picture when she's just having lunch or talking to a friend. At this event, she was genuinely grateful that we all came out to support her and her brand, and it was a win-win for all! Have you guys met her?
3 users thanked jakobtennismb for this useful post.
Alain44 on 2/6/2014(UTC), paul_pipkin on 2/7/2014(UTC), appaloosa on 2/7/2014(UTC)
Tony Montana
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2014 11:27:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I don't know what email Maria gets on Facebook and Twitter. Some of it is creepy. Sorry to hear that. The majority of posts to your site aren't creepy. Kournikova's site was swamped. Now it's a museum. I try to be polite and offer what I can within reason.

I guess you were trying to say Maria is professional as she can be. Like I said many times Maria go back to Alex. I want there to be as many winners as there can be. If you want make The Finish Line and movies 1 at a time for 50% email. I have 9 complete movies ready to go. Pick 1. Did you read this article. http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2000/jul/19/laser-smashes-light-speed-record Light can go 300 times the speed of light.

...Go as fast as we can between the sun and target star to save energy and clear a path. My space ship is the most realistic from the countless Sci Fi movies. If fusion doesn't work Alex and Maria's ship IS the greatest. It IS a movie. You said Alex is your last boyfriend. Maria spend Valentine's day with Alex and get your life back together. I want to get these movies done. At least 1 then judge. I can finance after 1 movie. If you want to help make a movie or movies for 50% email.

What do you want to talk about? Buy farm land. We will be fortunate to send 1,000 or 100,000 people. Aside from that how many stars within 100 light years? Here are a few sources.

A few years ago the Hipparcos satellite measured distances to ~120,000 nearby stars, so somewhere there is an exact answer to this question. I don't know to what magnitude Hipparcos could measure parallaxes for, and whether it could see the dimmest M dwarfs 100 light years away, so it may or may not have observed all the stars within 100 light years. Given how dim M dwarfs are, I would guess it probably didn't. In other words, someone probably figured out exactly how many stars in the Hipparcos catalog are within 100 light years, but I don't know that answer, or whether that could be all of the actual stars within 100 light years (~30 parsecs).

So, here's an estimate. In our part of the Galaxy, the average distance between stars is about 1 parsec. (30 PC~100 ly). 4pi/3* (30 PC)^3 is about 113,000 stars out to a distance of 30 PC or about 100 light years. Now, about half of the star systems are binaries or multiple systems, so 113000 + 113000/2 is about 170,000 stars. That's a lot!

As for how many have planets, well, we have detected several hundred extrasolar planets, but they are almost all very large planets orbiting very close to their parent star, simply because this is what is easiest to detect. The more we look, the more we'll probably find, so there are probably many thousands of planets within 100 ly of our solar system. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_star_systems_within_100_light_years_of_earth

Another source said ~15,000 stars within 100 light years. Our sun isn't unusual. If 1 in 100 have an earth like planets there would be 150 earth like planets within 100 light years. This source is from 16 years ago. http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/980123d.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrasolar_planet has more up to date info. Around 1 in 5 Sun-like stars have an "Earth-sized" planet in the habitable zone, so the nearest would be expected to be within 12 light-years distance from Earth. As a result of related studies, astronomers have reported there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of Sun-like stars and red dwarfs within the Milky Way. 11 billion of these estimated planets may be orbiting Sun-like stars...

Next movie. 1 time I had a dream I could do what ever I wanted and it seemed real. Near the time Dreamscape was released? Dreams aren't something you watch. They seem real while your in them. While I was writing Driving Dreams Inception was released. Aside from Inception and Dreamscape there aren't many dream movies. Salvage Title was the first movie I wrote and got me started writing movies. Salvage Title was stolen to make Borat.

Maria go back to Alex for Valentine's day. If you want to make The Finish Line for 50% or movies email me.

Anton Konnoff
writersiq@hotmail.com
Iron Horse
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:00:28 PM(UTC)
Iron Horse

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've never had the pleasure of meeting Maria in person but I await the day with passionate anticipation. Goodluck with your return Maria, I'm happy to see that you are enjoying the competition & 'your sport' again. I lookforward to cheering for you again. It's nice to see that Russia chose to celebrate it's athletic accomplishments by showcasing her. It must be a huge burden to bear. Glad to see she can rise to any occasion. God Bless you Maria, safe travels.
All my Best, Pete
matchpoint
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 12:36:27 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Maria looks sad. I don't know what to say at this point. I knew the feeling, once. Getting more stuff. Having more success. Being controlled by someone who sees her as a commodity. It gets old, fast, and takes you with it.

I played my hand, to a blank stare.

There's no editing this.
matchpoint
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:41:54 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

Tweet # 848

She looks like a zombie.

It's nice to realize that she specifically chooses to watch a series that makes my member cringe, as a way of finding 'comfort', and that having someone fawn over and prop up every hair on her Belarusan head is more important than being a natural beauty.

Want more?
matchpoint
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:09:52 PM(UTC)
matchpoint

Tweet # 852

It's 9 AM. Time to begin preparations for lookin' good. Is there enough time?
I wish I had watched all the movies they told me to watch.
matchpoint
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:21:03 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

She was beautiful, when seated on the concrete boardwalk, in her skull pants, and racing jacket, wearing those shades. It was Easter. Her face was not swollen with the anti-inflamatories, and she looked happy, like she was ready for love. But things have a way of changing, and before they buried my FB account, I removed all my 'Likes'.

It was the whoring that did it. The constant back and forth with who her man really was as a face to the world that the world would approve of, and not upset her little cart of wares.

Yes, she was beautiful.

It was the big hair entourage, the crew that sticks to her like chewed taffy, the things she prefers to do, even in the off season.

It was the gleeful digs that she will enjoy what I despise, and so will her children.

It was how she allowed herself to go from girl, to adult, while the judenmacht slept on the wet spot.

Sorry. I loved you. You loved approval more than this friendless man, and ever would.

matchpoint
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:33:51 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

ETA

slept on the wet spot, and guided her hand.
matchpoint
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 3:30:03 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

If I really wanted to hurt you, I would let you go.
I would encourage a grandiose biography and not proof read a single word.
I would never bring up your favorite elitist comedy hack, and never slam it in your court like the smash that you were begging for.

I have an internet connection, honey, and I have things to say. That surprise you? I don't have any money either.

If I wanted to hurt you I would put you out of mind like an abscessed molar.

That's about how much it hurts, but you wouldn't know, would you?

I am sort of guessing that you took a little ribbing, at NBC? Am I right? Just a hunch.

No, I never met Maria.