logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
The Lovely and Talented Genie Bouchard
CROUCHING TIGER
#61 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:41:49 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Milos Raonic, Eugenie Bouchard slip in Hopman Cup

http://www.thestar.com/s...rral&utm_source=t.co

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/31/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#62 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:13:50 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/rgSrNY0haCA

GENIE hits the beach :)

appaloosa on 1/14/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#63 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 6:00:32 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Canadians Raonic, Bouchard close in on Hopman Cup final...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports...pman-cup-final-1.2481368

FINAL ???

CROUCHING TIGER
#64 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:22:15 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Interview with Eugenie Bouchard - Australian Open 2014 :)

http://youtu.be/Bu3DfHH3UdE

ALLEZ GENIE...and,yes,i want u to win <3

appaloosa on 1/14/2014(UTC)
appaloosa
#65 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:09:24 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Apart from the "crazy Canuck" tennis Genie plays where she just "goes for it", I love that she remains

grounded and has not become arrogant and "full of herself". So far, so good. Canadian values?
1 user thanked appaloosa for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/15/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#66 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:41:26 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

O Canada: Bouchard Toughs It Out !!!

After winning about as dramatic a second set possible, Eugenie Bouchard got about as warm a reception as possible as she marched into the third round in Melbourne.

Taking on Virginie Razzano, Bouchard had few problems in the first set, taking it 6-2. But the second set was anything but straightforward - first Razzano went up 4-1, then Bouchard won four games in a row to lead 5-4 and held two match points in that game, but then Razzano pushed it to a tie-break.

There were all kinds of missed opportunities in the breaker - Bouchard missed three match points, while Razzano squandered two set points - but with a huge forehand winner it was all over, and the No.30-seeded Bouchard made it past Razzano after a one-hour, 57-minute nail-biter, 62 76(10).

"I hope it was exciting - it was kind of crazy," Bouchard said of the breaker. "It became mental and I just had to fight out there. I'm happy I pulled through in the end. We had some pretty crazy points.

"I was just in the moment, just trying to go for it. She played some really good points on my match points too. It was a little back and forth. I felt overall I didn't play as well as I know I can. But, even if it's a bit ugly, you still have to fight and try your best. Yeah, I'm happy I pulled it through."

Afterwards, a group of Bouchard's fans sang O Canada - she was asked about it in her presser.

"Yeah, they're amazing," Bouchard said. "I don't know where they came from, these Australian guys, but they're really supportive. They just come up with all these songs. It's really cool. I think it actually gets the rest of the crowd really involved, as well. They had better show up to my next match!"

Her fans also gave her a gift. "They gave me a little koala," she said. "They call themselves the Genie Army. It's a reminder of who they are - my Australian support. I'll put it in my room somewhere."

appaloosa on 1/15/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#67 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 1:20:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Bouchard marches into fourth round...

It was Bouchard’s forehand that proved the more deadly as she recorded 18 winners to Davis’s seven, but there were other equally impressive aspects of a match in which she broke the American’s serve in the second game and barely looked back. Eventually, there would be five service breaks that went the Canadian’s way.

If there is an area that perhaps needs attention in Bouchard’s game, it’s in closing things out. After taking seven match points to secure victory over veteran Frenchwoman Virginie Razzanao in the second round, she suffered her only lapse on Friday when she dropped serve as she served for the first set.

Still, the fact that Bouchard faced just two more break points for the match – she swatted one of them away with one of four aces – showed that composure is a quality that’s growing quickly.

Besides, there is plenty of time for the top-ranked teenager to make the necessary improvements and given her progression at the Australian Open, they could be as evident as soon as her fourth round match against either Casey Dellacqua or Jie Zheng. In the more distant horizon is a potential quarterfinal against world No.1 Serena Williams.

It will be an enormous opportunity for the WTA Newcomer of the Year for 2013, who showed her early ability in the majors by winning the 2012 Wimbledon girls’ title.

A year ago, she failed to qualify for the Australian Open. She entered this year’s event with main draw wins at every other Grand Slam event and having made such rapid gains in the rankings, a seeding at the 2014 tournament.

Already, Bouchard has underlined her growing credentials with a career-best Grand Slam run in Australia, making her Canada’s most successful female player in recent history.

The Genie Army couldn’t be more delighted. Having zoned out their passionate chanting throughout her match, the gracious Bouchard took her time acknowledging her Court Three supporters after her victory.

For the second match running, they rewarded her with a stuffed koala, some more singing and strangely, a party hat.

They’re not the usual accessories of the cavalry but Genie’s Army is not your typical support group either – and so far at Australian Open 2014, she’s turned every battle into something for them to celebrate.

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
appaloosa on 1/17/2014(UTC), paul_pipkin on 1/17/2014(UTC)
appaloosa
#68 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 3:43:36 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

Nothing to add at the moment about Genie. This is a nice report and I don't want to jinx her (or appear to be too

much of a slobbering homer).

**************************************ON ANOTHER NOTE:

*********************** CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU CROUCHING TIGER ON YOUR 6,000TH POST ************************
2 users thanked appaloosa for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/17/2014(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 1/18/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#69 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:28:22 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

LOL...thx,didn't even see that. Joined in '06-'07 i guess,met a lot of ppl who are gone now

on socials or just gone. Also met some great friends;had my "fights" with some trolls,Philli-SF:)...

When i think about it while writin' this, it became so much "more" then the "official Sharapova site"...

paul_pipkin on 1/18/2014(UTC), appaloosa on 1/20/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#70 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:16:51 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Canadian Eugene Bouchard into quarter-finals after win over local hope Dellacqua:)

http://ca.sports.yahoo.c...hope-103219000--ten.html

ALL THE WAY GENIE...ALL THE WAY...

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/19/2014(UTC), Alain44 on 1/20/2014(UTC), appaloosa on 1/20/2014(UTC)
appaloosa
#71 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 6:49:11 AM(UTC)
appaloosa

C'est possible!!! And I say that because... Genie's not yet a great front-runner; that 'killer' instinct

is still in development. On the other hand, did you see her buckle down after the first set against

Casey? It was as if she said "This isn't gonna happen!!" That fire is INSIDE her and bodes well for

her future. Genie is definitely a keeper. As you know, she's my # 1A.

Now Tiger... re your post #69 above (interesting number for you). I watched and read about Maria for years

before I joined. I took so long probably because of my security fears (it's a cruel world out there). That,

coupled with my relative inexperience and lack of training (learn by doing) and the fact that my little

laptop is so overloaded that it sometimes spits out my name! Who am I?

Now, we may not always (sometimes with regularity) agree philosophically, Tiger. But I find you passionate

and honest in your beliefs. The forum for discussion that is then created has to be good for everyone.

And you are right. This forum has become much more than the "Official Maria Sharapova site". But Maria

spawned it! Through it, so much more than tennis has been opened up for display. The beautiful geographies

of the world; the plight of some and joys of others; the political, cultural and moral variances; How distant

we are, yet how close we are. For these reasons and a myriad of others, I will always be in Maria's "court",

for what she is, what she has exposed me to and those new people and points of view to which she has

introduced me. Even the "wackos" that periodically invade "our" space for a time are not fodder. They are

valuable lessons in what's "out there".

So, thank you Maria, thank you Tiger, thank you Paul and others... for enriching my life.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/20/2014(UTC), Alain44 on 1/21/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#72 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 7:31:54 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

69...interesting ????

Nice words,app,and i see what u mean...more, i respect that:)

(don't throw all those flowers at me, for not all but some know i'm not afraid to say my "relation"

towards Masha is one of "love/hate"(posted it several times here)...lean sowewhat to the "Philli-side":)

I hear u when u talk about "enriching our lives"...sure do and thx:)

Et oui, c'est effectivement possible;alors "allons-y"/"Davai Masha"...

appaloosa on 1/20/2014(UTC), Alain44 on 1/21/2014(UTC)
appaloosa
#73 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 10:06:01 AM(UTC)
appaloosa

Lest I be misread, mine is not a blind attraction to Maria. There are days that I want to shake her or

spank her (figuratively) for what she does or the perception she leaves out there. Do I wish she would mix

up her game somewhat? Absolutely! Do I wish she would change her lifestylt? A bit. But, apart from Maria's

health, anything critical (who am I?) I have to say about Maria are far over-ridden by my genuine affection

for her character, her tenacity, her abilities, the growing and evolving person that she is, and her ability

to continually look fabulous while doing all this.

P.S. I re-watched the williams match to find out when her "back problrms" started to interfere with her game.

I was not surprised by what I found. There was no outward sign of "back problems". She was bending and

stretching to get to Ana's shots throughout the match with no wincing or groaning (see Pospisil). She

was still serving aces in the third set. My conclusion? My opinion is that both sisters have lied about

their injuries to deflect from their poor performance and belittle the performance of their opponents.

Anything they say (bla bla bla) should be treated as infected cow dung.

P.P.S. Can't recall when I last saw Ana play such competent matches, back-to-back. She looks great now.

That will give her confidence, her life's blood. That said, Genie beat her at Wimbledon, so she

knows she can. Should be a very competitive match, providing the tsunami of all this doesn't

catch up and overwelm Genie.
1 user thanked appaloosa for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/20/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:37:59 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Bouchard's Fairytale Run Continues !!!

- Eugenie Bouchard edged Ana Ivanovic to not only reach her first Grand Slam semifinal, but to become the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam semifinal in almost 30 years.

The seedings may not have been in her favor - Ivanovic was the No.14 seed, Bouchard No.30. But Bouchard had won the pair's only previous meeting, and on a very big court too, the biggest in fact - she won their second round encounter on Centre Court at Wimbledon last summer in straight sets.

This time Ivanovic came out stronger - she took the first set, 7-5, and after falling behind 5-3 in the second set looked like she might close it out in straights, winning two games to catch up to 5-all.

But with some impressive athleticism and a barrage of winners off both wings and from all corners Bouchard pulled away from there, sneaking out two games to take the second set then storming out to a 4-1 lead in the third, then 5-2 - and with Ivanovic stepping up to serve one last time the Canadian stepped in, firing a forehand winner on match point - her 47th winner of the match - to win, 57 75 62.

"The key was really just staying with her, battling," Bouchard said. "I played her once last year. I feel like she's playing at a much higher level right now. I know she won a tournament earlier this year, and she was playing really well - so I just had to stay with her and try to control the point a little more.

"Having lost the first set, I just tried to focus on what I had to do during the point to try to win, really try to keep pressing her and moving forward. That's what kept me really calm, and I felt like my game kind of got better as the match went on. I just needed to relax a little bit and keep playing my game."

Perhaps the biggest sign of Bouchard's future potential is how calm she is with everything. In her press conference she was asked whether there's a "pinch me part of this" for her during this run.

"No," she said. "It's something I've been doing since I was five years old and working my whole life for and sacrificing a lot of things for. It's not exactly a surprise. I always expect myself to do well.

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/21/2014(UTC), appaloosa on 1/21/2014(UTC), Alain44 on 1/21/2014(UTC)
appaloosa
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:17:54 AM(UTC)
appaloosa

Very good report and I think, a fair assessment. One of the things that impresses me about Genie is

her presence of mind. She knows EXACTLY what is going on RIGHT NOW. She didn't go into this match with

the false confidence of "Oh, I beat her before". She knew Ana had won a tournament this year. She knew

Ana was playing better than when she had beaten her at Wimbledon. And Genie knew that self-confidence

is a big part of Ana's make-up and right now she was riding high. Genie is so aware - that and

anticipation on the court - big parts of her game. This girl has smarts!

And I think the question of my previous post here has been answered. There is no tsunami out there to

overwhelm Genie. She knows she's playing HER game well and she SHOULD be here. That's just the way it is.

Not arrogant, only justifiably confident. Carry on Genie...
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/21/2014(UTC), Alain44 on 1/21/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:50:12 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

The only answer, somewhat embarrassed was that she would like to date Justin Bieber.

Aussies booed her for that...that's so ARROGANT/STUPID !!! Let the girl live her dreams !!!

https://twitter.com/Spor...5520360411258880/photo/1

CROUCHING TIGER
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:53:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/dTTkZVCpVt0

Nice interview:)

appaloosa on 1/21/2014(UTC), Alain44 on 1/21/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#78 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:19:06 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Carling Bassett-Seguso On Bouchard...

When asked if she had received any messages from friends and fans of Canadian tennis, 1984 US Open semifinalist Carling Bassett-Seguso, the highest-ranked Canadian in the WTA's history, sounded overwhelmed. "Swamped. I have not been off the phone since early early early... Oh my gosh, I've been bombarded. E-mail, texts, Facebook... It's such an exciting moment for Canadian tennis and for myself, too." With her quarterfinal win on Tuesday at the Australian Open, Canadian teen Eugenie Bouchard matched the best ever result by a Canadian at a Grand Slam - equaling the run of Bassett-Seguso in 1984. That makes it nearly 30 years in between semifinal appearances for The Great White North. "Thirty years is a long time, and I was hoping something would happen for Canadian tennis before that," Bassett-Seguso said. "But timing is everything. It seems that she loves and enjoys the game - so, I think she's going to be a great ambassador." Bouchard has impressed fans around the globe with her play, even amassing a fervent fanbase on site in Melbourne Park - now known as the Genie Army. But it is her demeanor and mental fortitude on court that has impressed her Canadian predecessor. "She's solid. She is definitely physically fit and her game keeps improving," Bassett-Seguso said. "I think her temperament and just the way she conducts herself on the court - she's definitely going to be an asset to Canadian tennis in the years to come. I think we're going to be hearing a lot from her. "Now to see such a talented young lady emerge onto the scene - just the way her composure is - is absolutely awesome. I couldn't be prouder to see that we're starting to get back on the map. Tennis is such a great game." Bouchard faces a tough task in the semifinals on Thursday, facing two-time and defending Australian Open finalist Li Na. The World No.4 has a massive following in Asia-Pacific and steamrolled two Top 30 opponents in the round of 16 and quarterfinals - dropping just six games in four sets to Ekaterina Makarova and Flavia Pennetta. "Genie's going to have her work cut out for her with Li," Bassett-Seguso assessed. "But I think she has no pressure. She's going to go out there and I think Li has a lot of pressure on her, especially from her country, being in the Top 5. So I'm just going to think positively and I'm sure she's going to go out there with a strong game plan. Hopefully she gets a lot of first serves in and that her percentages are better than Li's."...(Na Chinese soldier with "tyrant coach"...OOOUCH:)

appaloosa on 1/22/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#79 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:25:15 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Li Outslugs Bouchard In Semifinals !!!

With a phenomenal start and a solid finish, Li Na battled past Eugenie Bouchard in the first semifinal of the Australian Open - one step closer to her second Grand Slam title. After having to save match point to win her third round match, Li clearly fine tuned her game, dropping just six games in her fourth round and quarterfinal matches - that form clearly carried over to her semifinal match against Bouchard, as she won 20 of the first 23 points of the match to lead 5-0. Things got tighter from there. Bouchard won four of the next five games, eventually dropping the first set, 6-2, but going up 2-0 in the second set - but the No.4-seeded Li found her range once again from there, reeling off six of the next eight games to close out the No.30-seeded Canadian, 62 64. Li ended the match on a backhand winner after a long, scrappy rally - her 35th winner of the match. "I think I played very well at the beginning of the match," Li said. "The second set was a little bit tight, because I was feeling like I already had one foot in the final, but she also played so well. "I just kept trying to play point by point because the match still had to continue." Li was asked in her press conference about that third round escape against Lucie Safarova. "I really felt after that match I got a second life in this tournament," she said. "In China, we say if you have a tough time and pass that, it means you're lucky. Or maybe they gave it back to me from last year." Li is now through to her fourth Grand Slam final. She has one Grand Slam title - the French Open in 2011 - but has lost both of her other finals, both at the Australian Open, in 2011 (to Kim Clijsters) and 2013 (to Victoria Azarenka). The Chinese will try and make it third time lucky here this year. "It's my third time in the final, so I'm pretty close to the trophy," Li said. "At least I'll try not to fall down this time, because last year in the final I thought I was playing well but I can only say I was unlucky because I was falling down twice. This time I'll try to enjoy it and stay healthy."

paul_pipkin on 1/23/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#80 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:29:04 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.wtatennis.com...chinese-new-year-message

Happy Chinese New Year with Genie:)

appaloosa on 1/31/2014(UTC)