logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
EXHIBITION MATCHES
CROUCHING TIGER
#63 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:47:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

FOR THE TIME-DIFFERENCE/HOURS USE THE TIMECLOCK !!!...the time-difference between LONDON(GMT) and BRISBANE is 10 HOURS OR GMT +10...so use the OOP and count for your time zone CET-time is then GMT +9...

OOP....http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Mon-30-Dec.pdf

MASHA doesn't play before 07.00PM LOCAL TIME !!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/29/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Hesco
#64 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:01:12 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Vamos Maria!!!!!!!!
2 users thanked Hesco for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/29/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Valkyre
#65 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 7:46:24 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Convincing first match from Maria. Cant wait to see her again tomorrow! Davai Masha!!
2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/30/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 12/30/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#66 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:46:10 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

WTA Brisbane International: Maria Sharapova impresses on return from injury !!!

http://www1.skysports.co...s-on-return-from-injury

Nice training match against teenager...

paul_pipkin on 12/30/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 12/30/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#67 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 10:07:48 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.brisbaneinter.../2013/12/OP-REVISED.pdf

OOP 31/12...DON'T FORGET THE TIME DIFFERENCE IN YOUR TIME ZONE !!!

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Hesco
#68 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:58:21 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Vamos Maria!!!! Great start.
CROUCHING TIGER
#69 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:51:13 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/E8NFqAP76HM

TOMMORROW Masha plays Barty at 11.30am BRISBANE TIME

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

CROUCHING TIGER
#70 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:50:26 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

BARTY WITHDREW...Masha into the quarters !!!

paul_pipkin on 12/31/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:10:50 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Maria Sharapova breezes through...

http://espn.go.com/tenni...australian-open-warm-up

paul_pipkin on 1/1/2014(UTC), Alain44 on 1/2/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#72 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:53:33 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/pdN56IjFppE

Post match interview quarters...

paul_pipkin on 1/2/2014(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#73 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:11:23 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)
11:30am CET S. Williams - Sharapova (WTA Brisbane) Be 4:30 am for me here... just dunno... d'oh!
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Philli Wan
#74 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:12:00 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)
I wonder if she is worried about her upcoming first humiliation of 2014 tomorrow.
1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/3/2014(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#75 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:14:40 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)
Hey Philli :D

11:30am CET S. Williams - Sharapova (WTA Brisbane)

HEY! "QUICK-REPLY" POSTED! :O AWRIGHT!
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#76 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2014 1:14:04 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

HI lovely PHILLI WAN...Best Wishes for 2014 XXXX...lotsa luck & health:)

paul_pipkin on 1/3/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#77 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2014 9:24:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Serena & Azarenka To Clash In Brisbane !!!

The No.2-seeded Azarenka was the first to advance, battling over two hours and surviving some tense moments at the end to beat No.4 seed Jelena Jankovic, 16 63 64. After dropping the first set in just 29 minutes, Azarenka got right to work, easing through the second set and storming out to a 5-1 lead in the third - Jankovic snuck out three games to cut that lead down to 5-4 but Azarenka closed it out. "Jelena played really, really well in the first set - I felt that I could have done better, but it's just the matter of getting that timing and really fighting through it," Azarenka said. "I was able to change it around in the second set. I really tried to apply the game I wanted to apply, whereas in the first set it was a little bit out, a little bit short. So I had to get into that timing because I felt I was doing the right thing. It wasn't the best execution, but she was playing some really good tennis out there today." "As the match went on she was getting on top of me and I was going down," Jankovic said. "It was close until the end. Even in the third set, when I was 5-1 down and came back to 5-4 and just missed a couple of bad returns - I was stuck, I don't know why. But so far so good. I played a good tournament. You never know what to expect from yourself after such a long break, but I think I did pretty well here." The No.1-seeded Williams followed Azarenka into the final with a close encounter of her own, digging out of a 3-1 hole in a marathon 68-minute second set to edge No.3 seed Maria Sharapova, 62 76(7). "The quality of the match was very high, especially from Maria's end, so it was good for me to come up with a win in that match," Williams said. "We're both very strong returners, and personally I couldn't get a first serve in today. My first serve percentage was really low. I didn't serve nearly as well as I served in my first two matches. So that obviously played a little bit of a factor during the match today. "But it was fun. Some of those points were really long and the intensity was so high. Maria was hitting extremely hard and I was retrieving a lot. So was she. My gosh, she was getting so many balls back." "I had a few missed chances," Sharapova said. "It was tough being a small break up in that tie-breaker and also missing that forehand just a little bit wide. But overall I was happy I could compete at this level in my third match back. I really have to take the positives out of this, because I have been struggling for a few months. This was a good sign for me. It was definitely a good week and good test for me."

CROUCHING TIGER
#78 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2014 9:28:33 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

All-Chinese Final Set In Shenzhen...

The No.5-seeded Peng was the first to move through, though it certainly wasn't the way she wanted it - she received a semifinal walkover from Vania King, who had to pull out due to a right thigh injury. "The injury first started when I played Sara Errani," King said. "I felt some pain in my right leg, which is why I called the injury timeout. I was hoping it would feel better yesterday but it actually started feeling worse. The match was pretty fast so I was able to finish it, but right now it's not doing so well. "Originally I was going to play Sydney now, but because I did well here I couldn't make it there for the qualifying rounds. So I'll just go to Melbourne and rest up and I should be fine by Australian Open." King's win over the No.7-ranked Errani in the second round was the biggest win of her career. It was her second overall Top 10 win - she had beaten a No.10-ranked Marion Bartoli at Seoul back in 2011. "It was a really difficult decision for me to pull out because I hate losing and not competing. I love being out on the court and I'm playing really well right now. But I just have to look out for my health." The No.1-seeded Li followed Peng into the final later on with a 61 63 win over No.8 seed Annika Beck. Things started getting trickier late in the match - Li was originally up 61 50 before dropping three straight games - but she regrouped just in time, breaking the pattern with a comprehensive hold at 15. And so, the second all-Chinese final in WTA history is set - and it may come as no surprise that Li was also part of the first one. It came at the clay court event in Oeiras in 2006, where Li was forced to retire against Zheng Jie because of heat illness.

CROUCHING TIGER
#79 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2014 9:31:07 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Ivanovic Vs Venus In Auckland...

The two former World No.1s had much different roads through the semifinals, however, with Williams advancing via walkover when No.5 seed Jamie Hampton was forced to withdraw from the tournament due to a hip injury suffered in practice. The Americans were set to play each other for the first time. "At the end of my warm-up this morning I took a couple of extra swing volleys and I just jammed my hip," Hampton said. "I think I'll be fine for the Australian Open if I take the proper steps to recover. "It's incredibly disappointing. I wanted the opportunity to play such a great champion and have a chance at making the finals and winning my first title, but that's how the cookie crumbles unfortunately." The No.2-seeded Ivanovic followed Williams into the final later in the day with a 60 76(3) victory over No.3 seed Kirsten Flipkens. It was a match of two halves, with Ivanovic storming through the first set in just 21 minutes but grinding through a 49-minute second set where neither player budged on serve. "The first set was really almost without mistakes - I served well, hit the ball well and played very aggressive too," Ivanovic said. "The second set I felt was good for me too, but she started to serve better and put a lot more pressure on me, but I managed to serve well too and played well at the end. "I expected a tough match today and it turned out to be a really tough second set." Regardless of how they got there, though, what the tournament now has is a dream final - a pair of players who aren't just former World No.1s but Grand Slam champions too, with Williams capturing seven majors (five Wimbledons and two US Opens) and Ivanovic winning one (a French Open).

CROUCHING TIGER
#80 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 6:43:29 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Li Wins All-Chinese Final In Shenzhen...YEEESSSSSS...my CHINA GIRL :)

SHENZHEN, China - With sharp play at the tail end of each set, Li Na scored the first successful WTA title defense of her career, edging Peng Shuai in an all-Chinese final at the Shenzhen Open.

For most of the match Li was in the driver's seat - from 3-4 in the first set she won seven of the next eight games to build a 64 41 lead. The No.5-seeded Peng made a big push from there, reeling off four games in a row to lead 5-4 in the second set, but the No.1-seeded Li hung on, sneaking out three long games of her own to close the match out in straight sets after an hour and 49 minutes, 64 75.

Li collected the eighth WTA title of her career, and first since winning this same tournament last year.

And there was another special thing about this victory for Li - almost eight years ago she came out on the losing end of the first all-Chinese WTA final, having to retire against Zheng Jie in the final of Oeiras in 2006 due to heat illness. Now, in the second all-Chinese WTA final, she came out a winner.

Peng was looking for the elusive first WTA title of her career. She is now 0-6 in WTA finals.

CROUCHING TIGER
#81 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 6:46:58 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Ivanovic Edges Venus In Auckland...ADJE !!!

Ana Ivanovic won her first WTA title in more than two years on Saturday, edging Venus Williams in an absolute dream final between former World No.1s at the ASB Classic.

Despite being ranked and seeded higher, Ivanovic came into the final with a disadvantage - Williams had won eight of their nine previous meetings. But Ivanovic got a far better start, winning five games in a row en route to the first set and eventually finding herself a game away from the title at 62 53.

Ivanovic even had match point in that game - but Williams has seven Grand Slams to her name for a reason, and she clawed her way back into it, reeling off four games in a row to sneak the set, 7-5.

But the most critical juncture of the match happened right then and there as Ivanovic broke at love in the first game of the third set, and despite facing break point in her next two service games never let that advantage go. The two held the rest of the way until the No.2-seeded Serb won, 62 57 64.

"It's amazing," Ivanovic said. "Coming into this week I didn't really have any expectations. I didn't even think about making the finals or winning it. I just tried my best, and I felt very comfortable here.

"Today was a great match. Venus is always very tough - she's a great champion and showed that again today. I'm just happy that after losing that second set I managed to stay calm and close it out."

"Today for me it was all about fighting, because I didn't feel I was playing my best," Williams said. "I fought as hard as I could no matter what the score was, but I just ran into a better player today."

The triumph gave Ivanovic the 12th WTA title of her career, and her first since winning the Tournament Of Champions at the end of the 2011 season when it was held in Bali. She is now 12-5 in WTA finals.

"Every victory is special, this one even more so because it's been a while since I've won a tournament," Ivanovic said. "I've worked really hard for this and many times I've been in a position to win another title, so to come through in a final like this against such a good player is obviously a great feeling."

Williams was playing in the 72nd WTA final of her career and now has a 44-28 record in those.

The doubles title went to Sharon Fichman and Maria Sanchez, who followed their earlier upsets of No.1 seeds Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Safarova and No.4 seeds Mona Barthel and Megan Moulton-Levy with a 26 60 104 victory against No.3 seeds Lucie Hradecka and Michaella Krajicek in the final.

CROUCHING TIGER
#82 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 6:48:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Serena Outdoes Azarenka In Brisbane...

In an absolute dream final between the Top 2 players in the world, the No.1-ranked Williams squared off against No.2-ranked Victoria Azarenka, and from the beginning Williams was in control - she had almost five times as many winners as Azarenka in the first set (14 to 3) and also stepped up when it really counted, converting on the only break point in the entire set. She would take the set, 6-4.

The second set was streakier - Williams stormed out to a 2-0 lead, Azarenka ran off four games in a row to lead 4-2, then Williams caught up again. Eventually the pair fell into a holding pattern until Williams broke one last time for 6-5, then she calmly served the match out to prevail, 64 75.

"I want to congratulate Serena on a great week and a great match today," Azarenka said at the on-court trophy presentation. "I always enjoy playing against you and I hope to meet you again in Melbourne.