logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
ISTANBUL Championships 2013
frida
#82 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:50:08 PM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)
A perfect update for you Tiger , enjoy it :)
Li Beats Kvitova & Reaches No.3

Li Na beat Petra Kvitova to not only reach her first TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships final, but to secure a rise to No.3 in the world, making her the highest-ranked Asian player in tennis history.
Li Na was cool, calm and collected as she not only moved through to the final of the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships - Istanbul, but secured a rise to No.3 in the world.
Like she had done so many times this week, Li came out like a house on fire - she broke, held and then broke again to storm out to a 3-0 lead against Petra Kvitova. But just like a few of her round robin matches, she eased up just that little bit, allowing Kvitova back into the match - the Czech won four of the next five games to catch up to 4-all. It was anybody's game again at the Sinan Erdem Dome.

"I know, I think this is my problem from the whole tournament," Li would say to Katrina Adams in her on-court interview after the match. "I start the match playing pretty good, but then I relax too much."

Serving in the next game, Kvitova had game point for a 5-4 lead but double faulted, and that's when the floodgates opened - Li broke, held to take the set then broke again in the first game of the second set. Kvitova won the next two games for 2-1 but it seemed the momentum had already shifted Li's way, and the No.4-seeded Chinese reeled off five games in a row to close out the No.5-seeded Czech, 64 62.

In a match between two of the WTA's hardest hitters - and streakiest players, too - it was Li who tamed her game far better on the day, compiling a positive differential of +3 (18 winners to 15 unforced errors). Meanwhile, Kvitova was far more up and down, going -15 (14 winners to 29 unforced errors).

The two players - who have always maintained a strong friendship - shared a prolonged hug at the net.

Having never even made it out of the round robin portion before, Li is now through to her first ever final at the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships. "You know what, it's going to be my last match for the season," en elated Li said in her on-court interview. "I hope I can have a good ending for 2013 now!"

Not only is Li the first Asian player ever to reach the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships final, but by virtue of her results this week she will move from No.5 to No.3 on the WTA Rankings, making her the highest-ranked Asian player in tennis history. She had been as high as No.4 before, which tied her with Japan's Kimiko Date-Krumm, who had made it as high as No.4 in the world during the 1990s.

"The Top 3 was my goal for this year," Li said. "I'm so happy I could catch it in the last match."
4 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 10/26/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 10/26/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 10/27/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 10/27/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#83 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:49:09 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
On my way flying from Germany to England, I found some time to congratulate Li for her final spot in Istanbul. I like to worn you Li, as Williams is a great actress when she needs to be ( like today ). Give her hell tomorrow and you might win !!!
3 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/26/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 10/27/2013(UTC), nazanine on 10/31/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#84 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 3:52:50 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
DOUBLES FINAL RUSSIA vs CHINA !!!

Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina pulled off a repeat of this year's French Open final on Saturday, beating Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci in the semifinals of the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships - Istanbul. They will play Hsieh Su-Wei and Peng Shuai for the title.

Makarova and Vesnina trailed 4-1 in the head-to-head going into the match but that one win was very important, given it was their last meeting - in this year's French Open final. And though it looked like the No.1-seeded Italians were going to get their revenge early on, building a 64 42 lead, the unseeded Russians had other ideas, fighting back to upset the co-World No.1s in a match tie-break, 46 75 103.

"The main thing for us today was just to fight, and to not give them any easy points," Vesnina said. "At the end of the first set we made a lot of unforced errors, and basically helped them - they are a great team and we have so much respect for them, but we knew we had to put more pressure on them.

"In the second set we just kept fighting and started using our chances more. And then when we took it to the tie-break, it was like we caught some kind of rush, and we were just flying on the court."

"We're very excited. It's the second time this year that we've beaten the No.1 team," Makarova said. "They're really tough and we're so happy we came through. We want to show our best tomorrow too."

Makarova and Vesnina are looking for their second-biggest WTA doubles title - after the French Open title, of course - and they have a 4-2 record together in WTA doubles finals. But their next opponents, No.2 seeds Hsieh and Peng, have a few advantages - they are a perfect 8-0 in WTA doubles finals together, and they also defeated Makarova and Vesnina in their only previous encounter.

"We played them once this year in Cincinnati, in the semifinals, and we lost it. But it wasn't our best match," Vesnina said. "We have some thoughts. We watched a little bit of their match this morning. They're a very tricky team, and a very powerful team as well. So we just need to do the same thing as today - fight, play every point, and not give away any easy balls, and just try to beat them ourselves.

"We still can't believe we did it today, though. It's an amazing feeling for us to be in the final."

The scoreline of their Cincinnati semifinal meeting was 61 36 103, in favor of Hsieh and Peng.

The Taiwanese-Chinese duo won their semifinal match earlier on in the day (read more about it here).

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/27/2013(UTC), nazanine on 10/31/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#85 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

BANNERS in the crowd:)

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/27/2013(UTC), Alireza on 10/28/2013(UTC), Brebis on 11/3/2013(UTC)
Bulow
#86 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:24:25 AM(UTC)
Bulow

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 38 post(s)

Why no tennis commentator speaks of abnormal Serena Williams’s muscles, serve speed 125 mph, ground strokes 135 mph?

Are they all cultural Marxists?

What is Cultural Marxism?

Cultural Marxism is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. The origins of "political correctness" or "Cultural Marxism" can be found in the early parts of the 20th century from the Frankfurt School, which was the headquarters for the Communists scheming in Germany. The role of the Frankfurt School is creating the victim groups that constitutes the politically correct coalition

http://destoryculturalma...is-cultural-marxism.html

Cultural Marxism: An offshoot of Marxism that gave birth to political correctness, multiculturalism and "anti-racism." Cultural Marxism maintains that all human behavior is a result of culture (not heredity / race) and thus malleable. While traditional Marxists focused on class identity in racially homogenous countries (with poor results during WWI), Cultural Marxists facilitated the racial organization of non-whites, while simultaneously asserting that "race does not exist" for white people. Cultural Marxists typically support race-based affirmative action, the proposition state (as opposed to a nation rooted in common ancestry), elevating non-Western religions above Western religions, globalization, speech codes and censorship, multiculturalism, diversity training, anti-Western education curricula, maladaptive sexual norms, the dispossession of white people, and mass Third World immigration into Western countries. Cultural Marxists have promoted idea that white people, instead of birthing white babies, should interracially marry or adopt non-white children. Samuel P. Huntington maintained that Cultural Marxism is an anti-white ideology

What Is The Frankfurt School (And Its Effect On America)?
http://www.wvwnews.net/story.php?id=8183

The Origins of Political Correctness
http://www.academia.org/...f-political-correctness/

I wonder how Azarenka and Radwanska feel about the fact that Serena was tested exactly zero times out-of-competition by the ITF in 2011 and 2010. ……Also, Serena was not tested by the USADA for both 2011 and 2010. …..Both Azarenka and Radwanska were tested out of competition by the ITF in both 2011 and 2010. When the ITF tried to test Serena out of competition in October 2011, she fled to her panic room.
http://tennishasasteroid...anic-on-grass-court.html
Serena Williams has won the Wimbledon final (singles and doubles). She defeated Victoria Azarenka in the semi-finals. She defeated Agnieszka Radwanska in the final.

the chimp is bigger than ever ....now

http://roneindyhiphop.fi...press.com/2011/01/e1.jpg

Bulow
#87 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:26:13 AM(UTC)
Bulow

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 38 post(s)

Very Doped very angry Chimp is here

CROUCHING TIGER
#89 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:19:06 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Foto

NA LI can leave this YEC with her head HIGH,HIGH UP...no shame here, on the contrary...

IF this was a boxingmatch she had won on points, LOTSA THEM !!!

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 10/28/2013(UTC)
midaso
#90 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:41:25 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

Foto

NA LI can leave this YEC with her head HIGH,HIGH UP...no shame here, on the contrary...

IF this was a boxingmatch she had won on points, LOTSA THEM !!!

Yeah yeah yeah,same old story. Serena was tired,exhausted,injured. Li Na was taking her to the cleaners,6-2 1st set. But what's this? Shock horror - Serena miraculously comes back fresh as a daisy and wins 9 straight games for the title. I'm really tired of this BS

3 users thanked midaso for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/27/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 10/28/2013(UTC), Alireza on 10/28/2013(UTC)
fking_crazy
#88 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:19:13 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

This kind of photo should be banned from the forum. Tennis, especially women tennis, is all but awful, ugly, despicable and horrible spectacles.

Originally Posted by: Bulow Go to Quoted Post

Very Doped very angry Chimp is here

3 users thanked fking_crazy for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/29/2013(UTC), Alireza on 10/29/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 10/30/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#91 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:39:32 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

AGREE fking, it's by a TROLL, even more stupid then the "silliness" he posts...ignore that

kinda "filth"...

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 10/29/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 10/30/2013(UTC)
MushyForMasha
#92 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:35:35 PM(UTC)
MushyForMasha

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)

You can't do much about the drop in the rankings. Serena and Vika deserve their spots and I'm happy for Li Na, somebody I really enjoy on the tour. But man, I hate to see Maria's points so close to that total fraud Radwanska. But it won't last if Maria really does start up again next season -- even if Aga manages to play in every single WTA tournament, which I'm pretty sure is her goal each season.

4 users thanked MushyForMasha for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/29/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 10/30/2013(UTC), nazanine on 10/31/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 11/13/2013(UTC)
appaloosa
#93 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:04:47 AM(UTC)
appaloosa

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)

The good news is, Mushy, remember that Aga got off to a really good start last year, winning the tournaments in both

Auckland and Sydney, before getting to the quarters in the Australian Open, then the semis in Qatar.  So... if she falters just a bit,

she'll be losing points, big time!!   Make you feel better?

2 users thanked appaloosa for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/30/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 11/13/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#94 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:07:36 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

2013 season ended, thanks every body who posted news,photos,live streams and all about tennis & Maria in this year! :) 

Unfortunately It wasn't a good year for Maria -due to injury- . Hope Maria's injury gets better and see her on court in new season 2014! 

Thanks everybody ;)

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
3 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
Alain44 on 11/13/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 11/13/2013(UTC), frida on 11/15/2013(UTC)