logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Asian tournaments
frida
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:31:24 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 674 post(s)
What's going on ??? I didn't know anything about " Right Shoulder Injury " !!!! Big Shock !!! Can't believe it !!! Everything WAS going well till that "Wimbledon", but what happened after that?????? My Gosh !!!!
What she really wanna do????? Can't find any answer for this, perhaps time will bring us answer of questions like this .
Nothing to do, gotta wait....
2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/18/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 9/19/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:58:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
NOTHING TO DO ? Masha didn't stop with all her "activities"...look frontpage, social network,

boyfriend, fashion...she didn't stop, except for tennis:) BUSY BEE our Masha !!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/18/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 9/19/2013(UTC), frida on 9/19/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:32:53 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

"evolution of her serve" says Twitter...dunno,can't see that really if u can't turn 360° :)

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alain44 on 9/19/2013(UTC), Alireza on 9/19/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:48:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 218 post(s)

Originally Posted by: frida Go to Quoted Post
What's going on ??? I didn't know anything about " Right Shoulder Injury " !!!! Big Shock !!! Can't believe it !!! Everything WAS going well till that "Wimbledon", but what happened after that?????? My Gosh !!!!
What she really wanna do????? Can't find any answer for this, perhaps time will bring us answer of questions like this .
Nothing to do, gotta wait....
  Did you start your winter sleep or something ???  Maria has buritus since a few weeks and therefor she did not play the USOpen !! To make your day even worse, I do not expect her to play anymore this year.

Hesco
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:29:06 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Vamos Maria!!!!!!!!!
CROUCHING TIGER
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:14:53 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

ALLEZ Alizé !!!

From 4-2 down in the first set against Karolina Pliskova, the second-seeded Cornet lost just two more games the rest of the way in her 76(4) 60 victory that saw her convert on five of six break point chances and lose just seven points on her first serve.

"I'm happy to be back in the quarterfinals here in Guangzhou," Cornet said. "It was a tough match today, especially in the first set when I was down a break twice. She was serving very well and I was lucky to win it. I'm feeling great here in China and want to go further in the tournament."

Cornet's foe in Thursday's quarterfinals will be Yvonne Meusburger.

"I haven't played against her in a long time," Cornet said. "She's a very good player, a fighter. She doesn't miss a lot of balls. I will have to play aggressive and go for it. She's not going to give it to me. It's going to be a tough battle, but I'm ready for it and I really want to reach the semifinals."

As for Robson, she was a 63 76(4) winner over Zheng Saisai to make her first WTA quarterfinal of the year. Next up for the third-seeded Robson is another Zheng, Zheng Jie, who rallied from a 5-0 first set deficit for a 75 76(1) triumph over Timea Babos.

"I have to play better than I did today for sure," Robson said. "She's playing well. I saw some of her match today against Babos. It's going to be a tough one."

Another Brit also moved on, with qualifier Johanna Konta advancing to her first WTA quarterfinal by defeating No.4 seed Peng Shuai, 61 63. And in another upset, Zhang Shuai beat No.6 seed and defending champion Hsieh Su-Wei, 62 62, for her first win in four matches in their series.

Also victorious were eighth-seeded Monica Puig and qualifier Vania King, who lost nine straight games at one point but still got the best of newly crowned Tashkent champ Bojana Jovanovski, 64 06 64. Later in the day, King and Galina Voskoboeva were the first to secure a doubles semifinal berth.

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/19/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:19:11 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Meanwhile in SEOUL...

Schiavone is now through to her fourth WTA quarterfinal of the year, having already been to the quarterfinals of Acapulco (falling to Carla Suárez Navarro in three sets), Marrakech (where she went on to capture her sixth WTA title) and Birmingham (falling to Daniela Hantuchova in three sets). Three seeds were in action but only one managed to make it through, that being No.3 seed Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, who had some early trouble against Lee Ye-Ra - she fell behind 4-1 in the first set - but then won nine straight games and eventually cruised past the South Korean wildcard, 64 61. "It wasn't easy - I was a bit sluggish at the beginning today, and I wasn't very happy with myself," Pavlyuchenkova said. "But I'm happy I pulled the first set through and won in straight sets. I have to say she was fighting until the end, though - the second set score doesn't show how tough it was. "I definitely have to raise my level in the next match. It's only going to get tougher now." The other two seeds in action didn't manage to regroup and move through, though, with Irina-Camelia Begu winning nine straight games from 3-4 in the first set to beat No.6 seed Julia Goerges, 64 60, and Vera Dushevina blasting 10 aces to win a tight two-setter against No.8 seed Annika Beck, 63 75. "I played really well today," Begu said. "I was really strong from the baseline, and I tried to keep a high percentage of first serves in. And I really enjoy playing this tournament - it's really nice here. "It hasn't been such a good year for me, so I'm just trying my best every match to improve." In the only all-unseeded battle of the day, Lara Arruabarrena won a see-saw three-setter against Alexandra Dulgheru, 61 36 64. Dulgheru looked like she was clawing her way back into the match during the second half - she won the second set and, after falling behind 4-2 in the third, ground out two games in a row to even the decider at 4-all. But Arruabarrena held then broke one last time to win. "It was a very tough match - the weather was very hot, and even though I was playing well, she was playing well too," Arruabarrena said. "I was playing aggressive with my forehand today, and I think I was just a little bit more aggressive in the important points, which is what made the difference. "It's tough playing a friend. Alexandra and I know each other very well. Sometimes we go shopping together or go for dinner. But I just had to focus on the match and not that I was playing a friend." The second round wraps with three matches Thursday, including No.1 seed Agnieszka Radwanska against Estrella Cabeza Candela and No.2 seed Maria Kirilenko taking on Kimiko Date-Krumm.

Alireza on 9/19/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:41:52 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

HORNER, the cyclist won the very tough "Vuelta" at almost 42, and now this...DATE, THE LAST SAMURAI !!!

Date-Krumm, who had rallied from a set and a break down to beat Heather Watson in the first round, was sharp from start to finish this time against Kirilenko, winning six games in a row at one point - taking her from 4-3 in the first set to 63 40 - and eventually cruising through in straight sets, 63 61.

"Maria is a very strong player, but I felt she had some kind of problem today," Date-Krumm said. "She didn't run everywhere like she usually does, so I think she had something wrong with her. She wasn't putting as much pressure on me today, so I just had to control myself and my game until the end."

Date-Krumm won the press room over after she was asked about her secrets to match recovery.

"I drink a lot, eat a lot, and eat a lot of Korean food!" the Japanese veteran said.

Date-Krumm's win over the No.19-ranked Kirilenko was her 10th win over a Top 20 player since coming back to the tour in 2008 - she had eight Top 20 wins during a re-breakthrough 2010 season (Virginie Razzano, Nadia Petrova, Dinara Safina, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Maria Sharapova, Sam Stosur, Shahar Peer and Li Na) and got her ninth earlier this year (another one against Petrova).

The No.1 seed fared much better than the No.2 seed, as Agnieszka Radwanska defeated Estrella Cabeza Candela in just 62 minutes, 62 61. Radwanska reeled off the last 12 points of the match.

"I had never played her before, and she started very well - the first few games were long and tight," Radwanska said. "But after a few games I knew what I had to do to win the match, and I started to play more aggressive from there. I started the second set very well and that helped me in the end."

The other match of the day saw South Korean wildcard Jang Su Jeong follow her first round upset of No.4 seed Klara Zakopalova with a come-from-behind 16 64 61 win over Tunisian qualifier Ons Jabeur.

"I was very nervous in the first set, but in the middle of the second set my coach came and helped me, encouraged me, and I changed my mentality," Jang said. "My goal for this tournament was just to get one win, but now I have two, so I'm very happy. I have to thank the crowd for all their support."

Jang is the first Korean in a WTA quarterfinal since Cho Yoon Jeong was a finalist at Canberra in 2006.

Radwanska, Date-Krumm and Jang will all play their quarterfinal matches on Friday. The other five players in the quarterfinals all won their second round matches on Wednesday

Hesco
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:37:07 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)

vamos maria

CROUCHING TIGER
#33 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 9:30:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

INTERVIEW WITH THE POSSIBLE WINNER...DAVAI NASTYA !!!

Q1. How was your match today?

First of all, I'm very happy that I made up to the semi-finals. I think the first set was solid for me. I did well.

In the second set she(Irina-Camelia Begu, ROU) increased her level and started to make less mistakes.

Rather than just expecting her to make a mistake I tried to continue to stick with my play. Of course I lost a little bit of my concentration because I'm tired.

So I don't think I'm showing my best performance right now

Q2. In the 2nd set, you were leading 4-2, you have 5 deuces. Could you explain at the moment? How do you overcome it?

When she was down, I thought she was playing better. I don��t know the reason but I felt she suddenly increased her level.

However when the score was even, she became less aggressive. That��s what I felt.

The key game was that in 4-2 when I was losing 0-40, we took a tough and long game, and I won the game.

I��m happy I put myself together, and especially, playing like a crab at the end and it was OK.

Q3. Your next opponent is Francesca Schiavone. Do you have anything special strategies for that?

I��m already tired when I think about her, because I tried to imagine her game and especially in this condition on this court it��s going to be a really tough match,

so I have to prepare myself physically and mentally for the tough match, and quite physical match as well, but definitely, I��ll play my game and aggressively against her, and of course, I��ll try to do my best of course.

frida on 9/20/2013(UTC)
midaso
#34 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:14:56 AM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)
She's been posting regularly on social media but no pics/mention of any tennis practice so she must have been told to rest her shoulder for quite a long time. Have to assume she hasn't hit since the day she withdrew from the US Open,so it will be a tough ask to make Istanbul I think...
1 user thanked midaso for this useful post.
Alain44 on 9/21/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#37 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:26:56 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

LOVELY CHINAGIRL ZHANG WINS HER FIRST TITLE....yeeeeaaahhhh i love it :)

Zhang Shuai squeaked out a tight first set then went on complete cruise control in the second set to beat Vania King and win her first WTA title at the Guangzhou Open on Saturday.

Zhang, a wildcard into the draw, didn't drop a set all week and continued that pattern against King, a qualifier, winning an air-tight 65-minute first set on a tie-break then rolling through a 32-minute second set, winning 16 of the last 17 points of the match - and the last 13 - to prevail, 76(1) 61.

Before this week, Zhang's best WTA result was a semifinal showing right here in 2010 - now she walks away with her first WTA title, becoming the fifth Chinese player ever to win a WTA title, after Li Na (who has seven WTA titles), Zheng Jie (who has four), Yan Zi and Sun Tiantian (who each have one).

King had perfected the art of the comeback throughout the week, coming back from 4-1 down in the third set of her last match in the qualifying (against Chan Yung-Jan), another 4-1 third set deficit in her second round match (against Bojana Jovanovski), a hefty 61 52 deficit in the quarterfinals (against Monica Puig) and, finally, a 3-1 third set hole in her semifinal match (against Zheng Jie).

Maybe it was just too taxing in the end, though, as she couldn't muster up another one in the final. The American is now 1-1 in WTA finals, having won the now-discontinued event in Bangkok back in 2006.

frida on 9/21/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 9/21/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#38 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:29:59 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

详细内容 张帅晋级决赛冲击个人首个冠军

中国小花张帅在女单半决赛中仅用67分钟便以两个6比1横扫奥地利老将穆斯伯格,晋级广网决赛。

LOLOL...I AGREE:)

paul_pipkin on 9/21/2013(UTC)
fking_crazy
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:40:15 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

"evolution of her serve" says Twitter...dunno,can't see that really if u can't turn 360° :)

I just need 180° turn to tell. 

CROUCHING TIGER
#39 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:51:10 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Still the same PERV:)

http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/en/player/

TOKYO GIRLS and some "withdrawals"

paul_pipkin on 9/21/2013(UTC), frida on 9/21/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#40 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:07:36 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)
 TOKYO, JAPAN (Streaming)

Sunday (22 September) CEST (GMT +2)
04:00 Bencic - Gavrilova (WTA Tokyo)
04:00 Cirstea - Görges (WTA Tokyo)
05:30 Safarova - Hercog (WTA Tokyo)
05:30 Svitolina - Nara (WTA Tokyo)
07:00 Kuznetsova - Ormaechea (WTA Tokyo)
07:00 V. Williams - Barthel (WTA Tokyo)
08:30 Stephens - Voegele (WTA Tokyo)
08:30 Cibulkova - U. Radwanska (WTA Tokyo)
10:00 Stosur - Cornet (WTA Tokyo)
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
3 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
frida on 9/21/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 9/21/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 9/22/2013(UTC)
frida
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 11:22:58 PM(UTC)
frida

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 674 post(s)
Some updates about Tokyo :)

Azarenka Tops The Bill In Tokyo.
Six Top 10 players, led by Victoria Azarenka, are among a top notch field at the Toray Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo. Meanwhile, Bojana Jovanovski headlines at the WTA 125K Series event in Ningbo.
Victoria Azarenka headlines a top notch field at the Toray Pan Pacific Open this week, with six Top 10 players descending on the Japanese capital to play the Premier-level event.
Though she has missed a few chunks of the season with various injuries, Azarenka - ranked No.2 and seeded No.1 here - has been almost unbeatable when she takes the court, putting together a 42-5 record on the season and picking up titles at the Australian Open, Doha and Cincinnati. She has also been very sharp on these very courts, reaching the quarterfinals or better in all four of her previous appearances (the quarters in 2009, the semis in 2010 and 2011, then the quarters again in 2012).

There's danger lurking very early on, however, as after a first round bye, Azarenka will open against either Mona Barthel - whom she is 4-0 against, but has barely won their last two meetings - or Venus Williams, whom she is 0-2 against, though they haven't played each other since the 2010 season.

Unfortunately there are three very notable absences among the top seeds, firstly World No.1 Serena Williams, who announced her withdrawal from the tournament just a few days ago because of fatigue.

"I am very disappointed to withdraw from the Toray Pan Pacific Open, which I was very much looking forward to playing this year. Unfortunately with the number of matches I have played throughout the summer, I need more time to properly recover. I know that the 30th edition of the Toray Pan Pacific Open will be a fantastic event as always, and I expect to be able to play the China Open in Beijing."

World No.3 MARIA SHARAPOVA withdrew with a shoulder injury, and World No.5 Li Na was not entered.

But absolutely everyone else is playing this week, with Agnieszka Radwanska, Sara Errani, Caroline Wozniacki, Angelique Kerber, Jelena Jankovic, Petra Kvitova and Roberta Vinci rounding out the Top 8 seeds, and Sloane Stephens, Carla Suárez Navarro, Ana Ivanovic, Samantha Stosur, Simona Halep, Kirsten Flipkens, Sorana Cirstea and Dominika Cibulkova rounding out the rest of the Top 16 seeds.
Meanwhile, the third WTA 125K Series event of the year, the Yinzhou Bank International Women's Tennis Open, takes place across the way in Ningbo, China, with a field definitely worthy of a WTA-level tournament - Bojana Jovanovski is the No.1 seed, with former Top 20 players Zheng Jie, Anabel Medina Garrigues, Shahar Peer and Virginie Razzano also among those featured in the draw.
3 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alain44 on 9/21/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 9/22/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 9/22/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:27:57 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

SEOUL, South Korea - Agnieszka Radwanska edged Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in a two-hour, 45-minute epic in the final of the KDB Korea Open, her third WTA title of the year and 13th of her career.

The first set was almost half the match - an hour and 11 minutes - as the No.3-seeded Pavlyuchenkova rallied from 3-0 down and fought off four set points in her 5-6 service game to take a one set lead.

But the No.1-seeded Radwanska went right to work, winning the first three games of the second set and never really looking back, taking that set then - after staying on serve with Pavlyuchenkova through the first nine games of the third set - sneaking one last break out to close the match out, 67(6) 63 64.

"Especially after a great match, almost three hours of great tennis at a really high level, of course I'm very happy," Radwanska said. "It was a very close match - tight sets, all of them - but I was just a little bit better in the important moments today. And at the end of the third set I think I was playing a little bit more aggressively than she was, and I managed to win a couple more points in the end.

"In the third set I was just trying to fight every point and stay calm, and I'm happy I made it."

Radwanska's previous two WTA titles this year came in the first two weeks of the year, in Auckland and Sydney. She is the fourth player to capture three or more WTA titles so far this season, after Serena Williams (who has nine WTA titles this year), Simona Halep (four) and Victoria Azarenka (three).

But Radwanska was particularly fond of Seoul - an International event, but with a $500,000 prize purse.

Radwanska Strikes Thirteen In Seoul...(feel sorry for Pavly(:

"I really enjoyed my whole week here," Radwanska said. "Everything and everyone was great. It was nice to see the crowd getting bigger and bigger every day, and I think they really appreciated the tennis.

"I didn't see much of the city while I was here though," she added. "I arrived a little bit late and I was playing almost every day, and tonight I have a flight to Tokyo. But I think this is the reason I have to come back here again and see something other than the courts! I hope to be back next year."

Pavlyuchenkova may not have come away with the title, but she found the positives in the result.

"It's tough losing this match after fighting so long and coming so close," Pavlyuchenkova said. "It's difficult and frustrating, but in tennis you can be up then down and you lose some and you win some.

"I'm actually proud of myself. I had a great week. I showed some good tennis and it was a great final. And I was pretty tired - not only after a few tough matches, but even coming into the tournament after being in the States and the jet lag. So I'm proud to be in the final and come so close to the title."

frida on 9/22/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 9/22/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 9/22/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:31:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Congratulations Agnie:)

frida on 9/22/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 9/22/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 9/22/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#44 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 11:02:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.toray-ppo.co....ment/pdf/20130924op.pdf

OOP 24/09..."clash" BOUCHARD-STEPHENS

FLIPPER plays Rybarikova...

paul_pipkin on 9/23/2013(UTC)