logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<7891011>»
US Open 2013
CROUCHING TIGER
#165 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 10:23:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Possible...found that pic in "Masha's twitter"; said it was "the couple" lol

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#166 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 10:26:48 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Curious what this will give ?

CROUCHING TIGER
#167 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 10:41:29 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

[5] Li Na (CHN #6) vs. [30] Laura Robson (GBR #32)
Head-to-head: Robson leads 1-0
When Laura Robson took down Li Na in the third round of last year's US Open, it was a major surprise considering the Brit came into that contest ranked 89th and without a Top 10 win to her credit. Since that time, Robson reached her first WTA final in Guangzhou last September, added three more Top 10 wins and advanced to another Grand Slam fourth round earlier this summer at Wimbledon. Consequentially, the WTA's highest-ranked teen comes into her second tilt with Li seeded at a major for the first time and not much of an underdog.

Li has been impressive on hardcourts this year, highlighted by a title in Shenzhen and a run to the final at the Australian Open. Her pre-US Open North American summer swing consisted of semifinal showings in Toronto and Cincinnati. She has been in especially good form this week in her 30th Grand Slam appearance, dropping just four games in each of her first two matches to increase her 2013 hardcourt win tally to 24.

[15] Sloane Stephens (USA #16) vs. [23] Jamie Hampton (USA #26)
Head-to-head: Stephens leads 2-1
Sloane Stephens didn't take the court for her second round match against Urszula Radwanska until almost midnight as Wednesday was turning into Thursday, but put on one of the best showings of her career. In fact, her two games surrendered were tied for the least of her career in a WTA main draw match and interestingly enough, the other two times she only gave up two games also occurred in Grand Slams this year. Though maybe that shouldn't come as a surprise, considering how well she has played on the biggest of stages this year, having amassed a 14-3 Grand Slam record in 2013. A rematch of her shocking upset of Serena Williams at January's Australian Open could loom in the fourth round, but Stephens would be wise not to overlook fellow American and good friend Jamie Hampton first.

Hampton is seeded at a Grand Slam for the first time this fortnight after a summer that has included her first WTA final in Eastbourne and a semifinal outing in Stanford. If she is able to notch her seventh Top 20 win against Stephens, she would be into the fourth round at a Grand Slam for the second time - having also done so earlier this year at the French Open. Hampton will be looking for a bit of revenge, as Stephens won comfortably in their last encounter in the first round of Wimbledon in June.

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 8/31/2013(UTC)
deadchip
#168 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 5:54:26 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)

I'm surprised they scheduled Caro on Asha in primetime for the second round in a row, while Vika again plays on Armstrong.

Masha is my #1!!
midaso
#163 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 10:15:07 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

appaloosa;326661 wrote:

CROUCHING TIGER;326654 wrote:

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

Could that be Masha with Dolce and...euhhh, how his name again? lol

Somethings wrong here. Aren't Maria and what's his name both 6'2"? Even with Maria's flats, seems like quite a difference.  Maybe he just stepped up on the curb and Maria hasn't yet.  Or maybe that's MARSHA and not Maria at all???

Although Maria is usually listed at 6'2",I actually think she is more likely 6'1",she normally looks slightly shorter than other people also listed at 6'2". Grigor is listed at 6'3" on wikipedia and I think this is about right.

CROUCHING TIGER
#169 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:54:50 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/WrIGHJiNqDk

[HD] Na Li vs Laura Robson ~ Highlights ~ US Open 2013 (R3)

NA !!!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#170 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:03:16 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Masha all ready for the "Milan-Fashion"-week:)

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 8/31/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 8/31/2013(UTC), nazanine on 9/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#171 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:13:17 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

NEW YORK, NY, USA - Sloane Stephens looked far more like the player who cruised through her second round match than the one who barely squeaked through her first round match, needing just 63 minutes to win an all-American match-up against Jamie Hampton on Arthur Ashe Stadium on Friday.

The No.15-seeded Stephens was hitting the ball crisply and cleanly early in the match, storming out to a 61 31 lead - the No.23-seeded Hampton put up some resistance by sneaking the next two games and closing to 61 33, but it was too late, and Stephens reeled off three more of her own to win, 61 63.

Hampton wasn't too happy with her match numbers on the day - 12 winners to 34 unforced errors.

"I think I've shown tendencies to play really bad in big moments," Hampton said in her post-match press conference. "Kind of sucks. I'm incredibly, incredibly disappointed in the way I played today.

"I think Sloane's had a lot more experience on the big stage, and I think personality-wise she embraces it a little better than I do at the moment. With my personality, I tend to shy away from it a little bit.

"It's a little bit of a struggle, but it's something that's being addressed currently."

Despite the aforementioned disappointment, there was a silver lining for Hampton. "I'm incredibly disappointed right now, but if I'm looking at the big picture, last year at this time, I didn't play any warm-up events. I tried playing ranked 80 in the world. So to be seeded a year later here at the Open, making it past the first round for the first time, it's definitely a step in the right direction and a lot of progress."

What's next for the American No.3? "I think I'm going to play Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing and Osaka."

Stephens came into press a little later in the day after playing her mixed doubles match.

"Once I got my first round match out of the day, I was feeling a lot better," Stephens said. "I played well in my second match, and played well today as well, so it was good. I'm feeling really good now."

Stephens is now through to the second week of the US Open for the first time. She has done it at the other three Grand Slams - semifinals of Australia this year, fourth round in Paris the last two years and quarters of Wimbledon this year. She's an impressive 15-3 in Grand Slam matches so far this year.

"It's been awesome," Stephens said of the feat. "I've played really well in the Slams this year and I'm pleased with my results. It's a pretty good stat. I guess at the Grand Slams it's just showtime."

Other winners in the day session were No.3 seed Agnieszka Radwanska, who beat No.32 seed Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, 64 76(1); No.5 seed Li Na, who beat No.30 seed Laura Robson, 62 75; No.8 seed Angelique Kerber, who beat No.25 seed Kaia Kanepi, 60 64; No.9 seed Jelena Jankovic, who edged Japanese qualifier Kurumi Nara, 64 76(5); No.18 seed Carla Suárez Navarro, who beat Zheng Jie, 62 64; and No.24 seed Ekaterina Makarova, who beat No.16 seed Sabine Lisicki, 64 75.

"I was feeling very good today," Kerber said of her match. "I was there from the first point and I was really focusing and concentrating on my game. So I'm really happy to be in the next round now."

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 8/31/2013(UTC), nazanine on 9/1/2013(UTC)
frida
#172 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:56:04 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 674 post(s)

When I take a look to everything happened after Wimbledon, I just feel like we're back to 2008-2009!!!! When she was very busy with off court activities instead of focusing to on court Isn't it ???

I'm just very sorry for her and really hope to see her on court again with the same " Sharapova Style".

Nothing to do with all these things happened except " Moving On" ....

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/31/2013(UTC), nazanine on 9/1/2013(UTC)
frida
#173 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:13:17 AM(UTC)
frida

Another magazine and Sugarpova again !!! Sorry to say that but I'm just getting tired of Sugarpova promotions Time to back on court before it gets too late , hurry up ....

http://www.mariasharapova.com/media/855610/tabris%20magazine%20131.jpg

4 users thanked frida for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/31/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 8/31/2013(UTC), nazanine on 9/1/2013(UTC)
frida
#174 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:30:42 AM(UTC)
frida

An American clash is coming up, Here we go again again !!
The question posed to Serena Williams was rather simple.

Is it fair to say Sloane Stephens has emerged as a rival heading into their fourth-round showdown Sunday at the U.S. Open?

Stephens is, after all, one of only three women to beat Williams this season. She's also one of only three women - Williams, naturally, is another - to reach the round of 16 at every Grand Slam tournament in 2013. And Stephens is climbing up the rankings, enough to be seeded 15th at Flushing Meadows behind No. 1 Williams.

Faced with that query in the wee hours of Saturday, after both women had won in the third round to set up their much-anticipated match, Williams exhaled.

''I don't know,'' she began. ''I mean, definitely. I mean, anyone that's playing tennis and that's doing as well as her, you can definitely say that.''

OK, then.

From the moment the draw came out at Flushing Meadows, there was one particular possible match in the fourth round that grabbed attention: defending U.S. Open champion Williams against the up-and-coming Stephens, the top two American women.

''It's something,'' Stephens said, ''I think everyone is looking forward to.''

Williams is 31 and owns 16 major titles. Stephens is 20 and already carrying the label of ''Next Big Thing.'' The last time they played each other, in the Australian Open quarterfinals, Stephens surprisingly won, one of only four losses in 67 matches for Williams in 2013 (she was beaten by Victoria Azarenka twice, and Sabine Lisicki once).

And then there's this: Stephens found herself in a bit of a brouhaha this year over less-than-flattering comments she made to a reporter about Williams.

''That's all old news now, and we've moved on. We're fine, so I think that's all that matters,'' Stephens said Friday.

Asked about her relationship with Williams, Stephens replied: ''Obviously, we're co-workers. We're Fed Cup teammates. But other than that, everything else is private.''

When the ''co-workers'' portion of those comments was relayed to Williams, she said: ''We're teammates. I mean, I've always really liked Sloane. I have a lot of respect for Sloane. I think she's a great girl. I think she's great for tennis, as well.''

Before their enticing rematch, Williams will be on court Saturday, teaming with her older sister in doubles. Also on Saturday's schedule are singles matches for past U.S. Open champions Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, along with the top American man remaining, No. 13 John Isner.

Meanwhile, the buzz for Williams-Stephens will keep building.

''As I always say,'' Stephens said, ''I think it will be epic.''

She spoke those words hours before Williams even had advanced out of the third round by beating 78th-ranked Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan 6-3, 6-1 in a match that wrapped up at 1:05 a.m. Saturday. They weren't able to get started until nearly midnight - Williams said she killed time by watching ''I Love Lucy'' on a computer tablet - because the preceding match in Arthur Ashe Stadium lasted more than four hours: 2001 U.S. Open champion Lleyton Hewitt's 6-4, 5-7, 3-6, 7-6 (2), 6-1 comeback victory over 2009 champion Juan Martin del Potro.

Williams has dropped a total of eight games through six sets this week. Against Shvedova, she produced a 22-3 edge in winners. Williams faced only one break point, erasing it with one of her six aces, then following up with another clocked at 119 mph.

As for facing Stephens on Sunday, Williams said: ''I definitely look forward to it. Whatever happens ... an American for sure will be in the quarterfinals, which is really good.''

Much, much earlier, Stephens reached the round of 16 in New York for the first time by beating 23rd-seeded Jamie Hampton 6-1, 6-3 in another all-American matchup.

''Serena is the No. 1 player in the world. She's possibly the greatest player of all time. Sloane is Sloane. You know, she's making her own name. She's top 20 in the world for a reason,'' Hampton said. ''They're both great players, both great competitors.''

They've played twice in the past - both in January, both on hard courts, both in the quarterfinals. First, Williams won 6-4, 6-3 at the Brisbane International. Three weeks later, Stephens came back for a 3-6, 7-5, 6-4 victory in Melbourne, where Williams was dealing with an ankle injury.

''You got to ... think about what you can do, how you can be better,'' Williams said about remembering what happened in Australia. ''I'm sure she (thinks about) it as well - how she did, how she can repeat that.''

One thing to remember about Williams: She reacts well to disappointments.

Since her first-round loss at last year's French Open, Williams has won 94 of 99 matches and earned 13 titles, including championships from three of the past five Grand Slam tournaments.

''She's very aggressive. She stays on top you of you. Doesn't give you any room to breathe. She's intense. She knows what she wants to do out there. That's why she's No. 1,'' said Stephens, whose late father, John, was the 1988 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year with the New England Patriots.

Stephens' impressive Grand Slam season includes her semifinal appearance at the Australian Open, and a quarterfinal run at Wimbledon. She lost to the eventual champion at both.

In all, she is 15-3 at major tournaments this year, but only 17-15 at lesser events, with six first- or second-round exits.

''The Grand Slams - it's just showtime, I guess,'' Stephens said, shrugging her shoulders. ''What can you do?''
4 users thanked frida for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/31/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 8/31/2013(UTC), nazanine on 9/1/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#175 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:17:12 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)
Really happy you came back, frida! We have missed you and your wonderful posts specially photos! :) ;)
Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
4 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/31/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 8/31/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 9/1/2013(UTC), frida on 9/1/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#176 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:24:35 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1881 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Giorgi delivers knockout punch for Wozniacki

Camila Girogi in action during her third round encounter with No. 6 seed Caroline Wozniacki.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
4 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Alain44 on 8/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 9/1/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 9/1/2013(UTC), frida on 9/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#177 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 4:11:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

SURVIVORS OF THE TOP-10...

NEW YORK, NY, USA - Victoria Azarenka battled nearly three hours to edge Alizé Cornet in the third round of the US Open on Saturday, setting up a tantalizing fourth round clash with Ana Ivanovic.

Azarenka had all kinds of trouble early on in the match - after rallying from 4-1 down to push the first set to a tie-break, she watched on as an inspired Cornet kept cracking winners from everywhere to take that breaker handily, 7-2, and the two players were even through 2-all in the second set as well.

But that's when the No.2-seeded Azarenka pulled away, cutting down on her errors and staying in the rallies more with the No.26-seeded Cornet, closing it out in two hours and 40 minutes, 67(2) 63 62.

"I don't think I played my best tennis today for sure, but I have to give her credit - she played really well," Azarenka said afterwards. "I felt like I didn't take my opportunities in the first set, which was kind of a waste, and it gave her a lot of confidence. She really came up with great shots when she needed them, and she was hitting some big serves too. I've actually never seen her serve like that.

"I'm glad I could turn things around in the second and third set. That was when I was really finding my rhythm. And I felt much better in the end after the two hour mark, which I'm very happy about."

Next up for Azarenka is No.13 seed Ana Ivanovic, who also survived a marathon, just edging American qualifier Christina McHale, 46 75 64. McHale actually served for the match at 64 54, but Ivanovic got the break back quite handily and eventually moved through in a two-hour, 26-minute marathon.

"I played a great game to break her when she was serving for the match - that gave me confidence and from there I kept trying to move forward and be aggressive, even when I was making some mistakes," Ivanovic said. "And then in the third set I was serving very well. I'm just so happy to be through."

Ivanovic was asked if a tough win like this was better in any way than a simple straight set win.

"Sitting here now after I won, of course I'm going to say it's great, and that it challenged me and pushed me," Ivanovic said. "If I didn't win the match today, it would be hard to see it that way, of course.

"But you're not going to win 60 61 every match unless you're Serena. You have to battle out even when you're not really on top of your game. So now I have an opportunity to improve for my next match."

Azarenka leads Ivanovic in their head-to-head series, 4-2, and has won their last three meetings.

"Ana is a great player," Azarenka said. "She has really improved. I think especially this year she's been showing some consistent results. We had a great match in Carlsbad, which was my first tournament after coming back. She's definitely in great form and I'm sure she's motivated and pumped up now.

"It's going to be a good match. She's a great champion, as well. I'm looking forward to it."

frida on 9/1/2013(UTC), Alireza on 9/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#178 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 4:15:00 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

MASHA HAS A NEW TOY...

Maria Sharapova has partnered with Social Channel and Tennis Channel to create premium insider digital content to be distributed directly to fans through social media. Maria Sharapova's Social Channel lives as a free-to-download app with Facebook and will offer fans unprecedented, exclusive access to the four-time Grand Slam champion and former World No.1's life, passions and relationships.

The new partnership debuted at a special pre-launch during Wimbledon, generating unprecedented fan reaction. The goal of the new endeavor is to create exclusive interactive content, package it within a deeply engaged environment, and deliver it directly to Sharapova's highly-motivated fan base.

Fans will earn points and win prizes by watching the series and can send and receive video messages from Sharapova through the unique SharaVideo platform. In the coming months there will be additional opportunities to compete, share, consume content and buy virtual merchandise, such as instructional videos, virtual goods and physical goods. Tennis Channel is going to be assisting with webisode production and will promote Maria Sharapova's Social Channel on air and on Facebook.

"I am so excited to share some really cool, behind-the-scenes content on this new platform," Sharapova commented. "My fans are so unbelievably dedicated and their passion plays a big part in the successes I've had. I hope they'll be able to feel that through this new partnership."

Maria Sharapova's Social Channel will eventually exist on all social media sites, including Twitter, Instagram and more, including Mobile and Sharapova's official website, www.mariasharapova.com.

To view the Social Channel, click here. And to check out the first few episodes, click here.

Alireza on 9/1/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 9/3/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#179 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 4:17:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://vimeo.com/73542166

Clicks for her "social channel"

Alireza on 9/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#180 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:38:19 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Up to the Caribbean...fotoschoot and of course it's soooo gooood for the shoulder !

CROUCHING TIGER
#181 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:55:13 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Coming up today, one of those matches that breaks my heart...love both, so what do u do? May the best win then:)

Dartagnan on 9/3/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#182 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 12:30:18 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

NEW YORK, NY, USA - Li Na showed some impressive mental toughness on Arthur Ashe Stadium on Tuesday, regrouping after letting some leads go in the second set and getting past Ekaterina Makarova in three sets to reach her first US Open semifinal - the first Chinese ever in the US Open semifinals. Li had beaten Makarova in all three previous meetings, and she looked headed for a straight set win this time as she built a 64 31 lead; after Makarova got the break back and pushed the second set to a tie-break Li went up again, going up 3-0 and 4-2 - but the Russian snuck out the breaker anyway. But the No.5-seeded Li cooled off, collected herself and put together a near-flawless third set - 14 winners to just five unforced errors - and she got past the No.24-seeded Makarova, 64 67(5) 62. In spite of the hiccup in the second set, Li still finished the match with overall positive numbers, hitting 44 winners to 42 unforced errors - but she wasn't completely satisfied about the whole match. "I'm not so happy with the way I played today," Li said after the match. "Today was the first time I was feeling so nervous. It started from the beginning of the match until the end of the match. But I was happy that at least I was fighting a lot on the court. Even if I wasn't playing my best tennis, I was still fighting and I'm still in the tournament. I think that's something even better than the last round. "Even when I lost the second set, I still felt like, 'Okay, it's still one set all. You still have a chance. Let's just try to go point by point and hang in there, and just stay out there on the court and fight." Chinese players had been to the semifinals of all the other majors - Li and Zheng Jie in Australia, Li at Roland Garros, Zheng at Wimbledon - but none had ever been this far at the US Open, until now. "You know, I always try to be the first one!" Li said of the news. "But of course it's exciting. It's my first time in the semis of the US Open. I was really proud of myself, because this is the last Grand Slam before the end of the year, and I was fighting a lot on the court and just trying my best out there." And as the Chinese trailblazer starts to feel more at home here, how does here feel compared to home? "I think New York is pretty similar like Beijing," Li described. "There are so many people walking around and it's a very busy city. So for me I'm not feeling much different here in New York." Li's next opponent wasn't determined yet - No.1 seed Serena Williams and No.18 seed Carla Suárez Navarro took Arthur Ashe Stadium at night. But Li wasn't too hasty to think about it too much yet...

Nah said Na:)....and now take the "beast" out" !!!

Bulow
#183 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 4:23:56 AM(UTC)
Bulow

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Since Maria Gave the US Open WTA -Cultural -Marxists the Finger. Quite gracefully I may add. First time since very long , the number 1 and number 3 player are seeded in the same half of the draw, as it should be.

If Sharapova played in the US open I can guarantee you that she ( number 3)would be seeded with Azarenka (number 2)in the same half of the draw. As she was every time in the past when Azrenka and She were flipping #2 and #3 positions.

The Players preselected for the Incredibly Doped Smelly Black Hope of US tennis aka Williams for easy work-over.

WILLIAMS, Serena USA to make easy work of 4 of the following victims before reaching semi-finals:

SCHIAVONE, Francesca ITA
NICULESCU, Monica ROU
PUCHKOVA, Olga RUS
MAYR-ACHLEITNER, Patricia AUT
RYBARIKOVA, Magdalena SVK
HAMPTON, Jamie USA
ARRUABARRENA, Lara ESP
MEDINA GARRIGUES, Anabel ESP
BEGU, Irina-Camelia ROU
RADWANSKA, Urszula POL
MINELLA, Mandy LUX
FLIPKENS, Kirsten BEL
BERTENS, Kiki NED
ZHENG, Jie CHN
KRUNIC, Aleksandra SRB
DAVIS, Lauren USA
Carla Suárez Navarro, 5 ft short, 80 lb “heavy”

Again, the doped baboon will play only 4 of the “powerhouse” listed above, make your pick!. More than 4 would make baboon very tired.

I guess, it "lucky draw" yet again . These players have absolutely no game against the bionic baboon.