logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
MASHA CHANGED HER TRAINER
appaloosa
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:49:20 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: midaso Go to Quoted Post
She fired Jimmy already? I can't believe it,thought she'd wait till the end of the year. At least she'll have a new entry in the Guiness Book Of Records - shortest time a player has worked with a coach
I don't know who's decision it was to work together with Connors but it clicks or doesn't click. Personally I tought from the beginning he was too old , it's an other generation who does not fit in the fast day to day life. He was also not willing to travel with her to all tournaments. Let's see what happens next . Maybe she can work together with the coaches of the academy of Grigor.

Grigor's people are the third option considered by Matt Cronin, who usually* has the best intel available--along with Yuri & Vladimir Voltchkov. If not Yuri, I would opt for Vlad. As Philli raises, however, Vlad is also a serious professional--and that's the question, isn't it? Are we still being serious here or not?  

*I've seen Cronin talk trash, but not often.

From the sublime to the ridiculous, I like Darren Cahill, have respect for his character, but he

can't seem to be able to stop Sorana Cirstea from crying.  We would certainly not want Maria to add

that to her repertoire.  Besides, Sorana loves him.  Going into Grigor's camp is testing fate.  That move

may destroy everything the two may (or may not) have right now.  I would tred lightly on that front. 

Her father is certainly a familiar and capable option, but why would one want to revisit history?  If you

remember, it wasn't all good.

Maria needs someone who is firm right now.  New York is a dangerous place for Maria, full of

temptations.  Apart from the previous diversions mentioned, Maria also likes to take in a fashion show

or two when she's there.  I think someone needs to explain to her that all these outside interests she

now enjoys and is becoming known for, are a result of her tennis celebrity.  I don't think those interests

are mature enough to survive on their own. So Paul, Maybe Vladimir Voltchkov is the answer.  My fear

is that Maria, like a ferel cat, may not be able to be contained any more.  While we may not be able to

decide who should take on this task, the near term path seems clear.  Buckle down and PLAY SOME

TENNIS. 

1 user thanked appaloosa for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/17/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#40 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:58:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

She fired Jimmy already? I can't believe it,thought she'd wait till the end of the year. At least she'll have a new entry in the Guiness Book Of Records - shortest time a player has worked with a coach
I don't know who's decision it was to work together with Connors but it clicks or doesn't click. Personally I tought from the beginning he was too old , it's an other generation who does not fit in the fast day to day life. He was also not willing to travel with her to all tournaments. Let's see what happens next . Maybe she can work together with the coaches of the academy of Grigor.

Grigor's people are the third option considered by Matt Cronin, who usually* has the best intel available--along with Yuri & Vladimir Voltchkov. If not Yuri, I would opt for Vlad. As Philli raises, however, Vlad is also a serious professional--and that's the question, isn't it? Are we still being serious here or not?  

I am very serious !     Time is running and Maria needs to get her motivation running and her tennis ofcourse. Have not seen Voltchkov as part of her team for a year now. I think he is no longer a member !!  Grigor's team is an option. They can train together and the coaches are all former players. Let's see what will happen in the next few days.

1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/17/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#41 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:01:40 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

I am very serious !     Time is running and Maria needs to get her motivation running and her tennis ofcourse. Have not seen Voltchkov as part of her team for a year now. I think he is no longer a member !!  Grigor's team is an option. They can train together and the coaches are all former players. Let's see what will happen in the next few days.

Turned out Vladimir had to have elbow surgery--pretty much knocked him out as a hitting partner. Cronin is the first I've heard mention him as a prospective coach, though he HAS done some work with young players in Belarus.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#44 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:33:13 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
http://youtu.be/i2RxWs60dRM

What i think about all this bull...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#45 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:25:22 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Cronin continues to sniff after what appears to him a coherent source:

http://www.tennis.com/pr...atch/48759/#.UhDUoe0o5jp 

(Credit to Podge)

I rather dismiss one thing: Hell, all Masha has to do is slap away a mosquito & somebody pronounces renewed "shoulder troubles". We got those right here.

The other stuff, we will see soon.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
robb
#46 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:57:01 AM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Its all getting very silly, what with coaches lasting one match and now this sugarpova nonsense....what the hell is happening???
1 user thanked robb for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/20/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#47 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:23:26 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

No name switch for Maria Sharapova !!!

http://espn.go.com/tenni...s-sugarpova-name-change

Under all the negative reactions they stopped the "silly circus"...

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 8/21/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#48 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:46:22 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Three reasons Maria Sharapova was never going to change her name

http://tennis.si.com/201...ia-sharapova-sugarpova/

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Brebis on 8/20/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 8/20/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/21/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:42:15 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Sharapova will be coached by father at U.S. Open...(not really a surprise)

http://www.tennis.com/pr...um=twitter#.UhTemj9AKlU

YURI...family IS family if u know what i mean...

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/21/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 8/21/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/21/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#50 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 5:25:13 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Jimmy Connors, Ladies’ Man

http://www.nytimes.com/2...anted=all&_r=1&

JIMMY unveals the true reasons of "the split"...thx Jim:)

4 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
appaloosa on 8/24/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 8/24/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/25/2013(UTC), frida on 8/31/2013(UTC)
appaloosa
#52 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:56:07 AM(UTC)
appaloosa

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

http://www.nytimes.com/2...wanted=all&_r=1&

Thanks for this, Tiger. Although I think Jimmy is still being

somewhat "tight-lipped" about this situation with Maria, it's interesting how he reveals some of the

components that brought about his "raison d'etre".  Interestingly, (for me at least), all these little tidbits

are helping me form a more complete picture of the stories behind the "official" story and it is beginning to

make a lot more sense.  Or not...    

1 user thanked appaloosa for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/25/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#51 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:48:05 PM(UTC)

http://www.nytimes.com/2...wanted=all&_r=1&

Then you tell me what the true reason is.............Connors did not mention !!

Philli Wan
#53 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:37:21 PM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

I think the true reason is that Jimmy required more attention to tennis and practising and Maria was not prepared to give it.  She trains to her own timetable...not to a coaches.  That's why she lost Thomas.  Just look at at all the PR and Sugarpova activities she's been putting in these last few weeks.  She had already planned PR shit for Monday (Evian), tuesday (Sugarpova), Wednesday Nike.. and that is all this week leading up to the US open.  Practicing is more than a couple of hours hitting a ball to and fro is just not enough.  Then, she comes up with this shoulder injury to cover the fact that she is just not fit enough to play the Open.  Hell, she has nothing to lose, she has already made more money this month than she can make at the Open, so who cares....not her.  It will be interesting to see if she plays the Pan Pacific and the China Open  next month.  Maybe some miracle cure will enable her to play them since Serena never goes to Asia or China.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/25/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#56 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:37:52 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

I think the true reason is that Jimmy required more attention to tennis and practising and Maria was not prepared to give it.  She trains to her own timetable...not to a coaches.  That's why she lost Thomas.  Just look at at all the PR and Sugarpova activities she's been putting in these last few weeks.  She had already planned PR shit for Monday (Evian), tuesday (Sugarpova), Wednesday Nike.. and that is all this week leading up to the US open.  Practicing is more than a couple of hours hitting a ball to and fro is just not enough.  Then, she comes up with this shoulder injury to cover the fact that she is just not fit enough to play the Open.  Hell, she has nothing to lose, she has already made more money this month than she can make at the Open, so who cares....not her.  It will be interesting to see if she plays the Pan Pacific and the China Open  next month.  Maybe some miracle cure will enable her to play them since Serena never goes to Asia or China.

recap, recap, recap  !!  'Out of the box thinking' is what you need Philli. It's always your same old story.

Imnumber2
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:01:54 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

recap, recap, recap  !!  'Out of the box thinking' is what you need Philli. It't always your same old story.

LOL!!! Is Philli jealous? 

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
fking_crazy
#54 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:14:52 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hell, she has nothing to lose, she has already made more money this month than she can make at the Open, so who cares....not her.  

True! Why the hell will she bother killing herself in training just to play one or two matches at the US Open? Anyway she would never be capable of going through the first week, right? Even if she wins the Open (just a stupid supposition!!!) she wouldn't even receive the half of $$ she could win with all the merchandising and bullshit PR in two weeks.

Maria is a smart business woman. She's absolutely right to spend good time, easily earn a lot of money, have fun and can f§ck her boyfriend anytime she wants. Is it a wonderful life every Russian girl dreams of?

Brebis
#58 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:21:32 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Imnumber2 Go to Quoted Post

recap, recap, recap  !!  'Out of the box thinking' is what you need Philli. It't always your same old story.

LOL!!! Is Philli jealous? 

For sure !!  Deep down she adores her but does not want to share this with the world.

Brebis
#55 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:27:59 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: fking_crazy Go to Quoted Post

Hell, she has nothing to lose, she has already made more money this month than she can make at the Open, so who cares....not her.  

True! Why the hell will she bother killing herself in training just to play one or two matches at the US Open? Anyway she would never be capable of going through the first week, right? Even if she wins the Open (just a stupid supposition!!!) she wouldn't even receive the half of $$ she could win with all the merchandising and bullshit PR in two weeks.

Maria is a smart business woman. She's absolutely right to spend good time, easily earn a lot of money, have fun and can f§ck her boyfriend anytime she wants. Is it a wonderful life every Russian girl dreams of?

Obviously you have not followed Maria for a long time !!  If there is one thing Maria is interested in it is winning Grand Slams. Personally I think Maria is just mentally not ready after all what happened in the last few months. The clash with Serena at Wimbledon , her hip injury , the split with Thomas, Connors as coach which is not working out. Hopefully Maria is able to travel to Asia and can go to the YEC, otherwise I have to say it was a poor year .

CROUCHING TIGER
#59 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:35:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Will the GLADIATOR ever come back ?

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 8/26/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#60 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 1:01:27 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Will the GLADIATOR ever come back ?

It's really unknown! There is no training photos on twitter or facebook! Just Sugarpova and photos in party!

Maybe The Gladiator has put her saber away!!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/26/2013(UTC)