logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Rogers Cup, Toronto, Canada, 5th - 11th August.
frida
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 8:23:50 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)

Bouchard Wins, First Round Wraps Up

The first round wrapped up at the Rogers Cup on Tuesday night, with Eugenie Bouchard beating newly-returned Alisa Kleybanova. Daniela Hantuchova and Martina Hingis won their doubles opener

Bouchard Wins, First Round Wraps Up

The first round of the Roger Cup wrapped up on Tuesday night, with Canadian No.1 Eugenie Bouchard and Carlsbad champion Sam Stosur among those moving on to the next one.

Bouchard recorded a 63 61 victory over Alisa Kelybanova, a former Top 20 player who was playing the first match of her full comeback from a leave from the tour to recover from Hodgkin's lymphoma.

"Obviously Alisa is a great player," Bouchard commented. "She has been very good, and I'm sure she will get back to being really good. I wasn't too sure what to be prepared for, but I felt like I was ready for anything. I was able to play really solid today. I was happy with how the match went out there."

Kleybanova was playing her first WTA-level event since Miami last March, though she has played at the ITF Women's Circuit level this year. "I was pretty excited to go out there," the Russian said. "I love playing on stadium court and being in front of the crowd - it's a great experience for me every time.

"Today I went out and tried to do my best, and I obviously did. But she played really well. There wasn't really much I could do at the moment, but it's always an experience for me. I'm not expecting it to be easy to come back and play unbelievable tennis after such a big break. So I'm just taking it one step at a time and I'm getting ready for my next tournaments right now. I'm just going to take the lessons out of this match but not think about it too much, and just look forward from here to the next matches."

Stosur, the No.12 seed, was the last player into the second round, wrapping up a 5-7 6-2 6-3 victory over Israeli qualifier Julia Glushko at 10:28pm. Stosur came back from a break down to win the third.

Also moving through later was No.3 seed A.Radwanska, who beat Yanina Wickmayer, 6-2 6-3. That was one of two second round matches on Tuesday, along with Dominika Cibulkova's upset over No.8 seed Angelique Kerber. The rest of the second round is on Wednesday.

Over on the doubles court, the Martina Hingis comeback came up with another win, as she and Daniela Hantuchova overcame an early 3-1 deficit to beat fellow wildcards Kerber and Petra Kvitova, 6-4 6-2.

Hingis was asked about the differences between playing doubles in her previous career and now.

"When I played before there were no deuce points like there are now - you always had advantage and deuce," she said. "I think that's the biggest difference, those key points that are really important, that you have to be ready on and try to do your best, like 120%, not just like 50%. That's the big key.

"Today and in the two matches last week, for me that's the big difference - you have to be spot on."

4 users thanked frida for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/7/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 8/7/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 8/7/2013(UTC), nazanine on 8/8/2013(UTC)
Philli Wan
#62 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:34:54 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Do any of you bother to read the homepage of this site or do you just come straight to the Forum?   On the Homepage she's showing all the PR work she's been up to whilst she's been too sick to play tennis.  It really is a shame about the hip and that it forces her to earn thousands of dollars an hour in front of a camera instead of on a tennis court. 

And another thing...why couldn't she launch Sugarpova in Toronto anyway?  She said that she was sorry that she was unable come to Toronto..... more bull.shit.  In the past, she's turned up at players parties even when she wasn't playing in the tournament.

See, without Thomas to keep her under control, she is now running wild and Jimmy boy is unable to get her to training because he has no control over her.   She'll turn up when she feels like it and if she does play the US Open she will go out in the first week and blame her hip ...not herself or Jimmy for not doing enough training. 

This girl is going down..maybe even on Grigor..after all she Loves Head.

2 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/7/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 8/10/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#68 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:39:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

Agree Philli Wan; this for example is NOT DONE even if it's a friend or whatever. More pics of her dog,

photoshoots and other NON-TENNIS stuff...i posted that already. WHEN DOES SHE TRAIN WITH MARVELLOUS JIMMY ???

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Alireza
#69 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:43:32 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

AZARENKA WITHDRAWS FROM ROGERS CUP PRESENTED BY NATIONAL BANK

Low back injury forces world No. 3 out of Toronto event

Toronto, August 4, 2013 – Tennis Canada announced late Sunday that world No.3 Victoria Azarenka has had to withdraw from Rogers Cup presented by National Bank in Toronto due to a low back injury.

Azarenka lost in the singles final at Carlsbad Sunday against Samantha Stosur and made the decision to pull out of the Toronto event after meeting with doctors shortly after her match.

“I'm so disappointed that I can't make it to Toronto as I added it to my schedule knowing what an important event it is,” said Azarenka. “I am sorry to all my Canadian fans and I will work hard to get healthy and back on the courts as soon as possible.”

Azarenka was the No.2 seed in the Toronto draw. As per WTA rules, the next highest seeded player without a bye moves into Azarenka's spot in the draw, meaning Caroline Wozniacki will now move into that position. Wozniacki, who was originally slated to play Monday night, will now receive a first-round bye.

Wozniacki’s spot in the draw will be replaced by a lucky loser.

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/7/2013(UTC)
frida
#70 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 2:10:51 PM(UTC)
frida

Venus Williams loses at Rogers Cup in Toronto

Venus Williams lost in her first match in more than two months, falling 0-6, 6-4, 6-2 Tuesday to Kirsten Flipkens at the Rogers Cup

Williams lost in the first round of the French Open on May 26. The 33-year-old Williams also missed Wimbledon, after 16 consecutive appearances, because of a lower back injury.

''I wasn't really expecting to play that well in the first set,'' Williams said. ''So I think that in the second, I just kind of didn't handle it well. But I was pretty close there to closing that match out and then got down in the third.''

Maria Kirilenko and Ana Ivanovic won in straight sets to advance to the second round. Kirilenko cruised past qualifier Petra Martic 6-2, 6-1, and Ivanovic defeated Su-Wei Hsieh 6-1, 6-2.

In other matches, American qualifier Lauren Davis edged Svetlana Kuznetsova 3-6, 7-5, 7-5; Dominika Cibulkova stopped Angelique Kerber 6-7 (0), 6-2, 7-5; Canada's Eugenie Bouchard beat Alisa Kleybanova 6-3, 6-1.

Cibulkova needed nearly 3 hours to win the match.

''My serve was not working like I was expecting,'' she said. ''But in the end I made it, so I was really happy.''

Bouchard, a 19-year-old from Montreal, mixed up her effective ground strokes with some slick cut shots that left her Russian opponent stymied. There were more service breaks than holds early in the 79-minute match, which forced the Canadian to adjust her style.

''I just decided to go for it and started to play aggressive,'' Bouchard said. ''That definitely helped me.''

Earlier in the week, Bouchard teamed with Monica Seles for an exhibition against the Williams sisters and dropped her first-round doubles match with Flipkens.

Bouchard battled some early nerves against Kleybanova but quickly settled in. The 62nd-ranked wild-card entry looked smooth and quite comfortable for someone in her first full season on the pro circuit.

''Yeah, I am relaxed,'' she said. ''It's fun. It's just fun being home where people know you a bit more. But besides that I know I need to stay focused on what I need to do or else I will lose my concentration.

''So I put pressure on myself and that's really all I think about - my own expectations.''

Jelena Jankovic needed three sets to defeat qualifier Anna Tatishvili 7-6 (6), 4-6, 6-3.

Ekaterina Makarova beat Anastasia Rodionova 6-1, 7-5, and Alize Cornet topped Elena Vesnina 6-3, 6-3.

American Sloane Stephens made her debut at the Rogers Cup with a 6-2, 7-6 (5) victory over Frenchwoman Kristina Mladenovic in the opening round.

The 17th-ranked Stephens will face Germany's Mona Barthel on Wednesday. Serena Williams is the top seed at the $2.3 million tournament.

Also, in a match between Canadians, Toronto's Sharon Fichman advanced with a 5-7, 6-2, 6-2 win over Stephanie Dubois.

In other matches, Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia defeated Alexandra Dulgheru of Romania 6-4, 6-3; Italy's Francesca Schiavone defeated South Africa's Chanelle Scheepers 2-6, 6-3, 6-3; third-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland beat Belgium's Yanina Wickmayer 6-2, 6-3 while Sam Stosur, the No. 12 seed from Australia, defeated Julia Glushko of Israel 5-7, 6-2, 6-3.

Time to retire Venus ....

3 users thanked frida for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/7/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 8/7/2013(UTC), nazanine on 8/8/2013(UTC)
matchpoint
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 2:10:52 PM(UTC)
matchpoint

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Oh, just wait till I get my hands on her.

Very very naughty. 

naughty...that was the first word I had trouble with. I think I was reading a 'Peter Rabbit' story to my brother. What was your first hard to pronounce word?

She is hanging with Becks. I think it's nice that Maria has friends. 

Maria is about twelve inches away from becoming like Jesus. All she has to do is stop swinging a racquet professionally for five minutes and she gets nailed to a cross. What a strange set of circumstances. I am guessing that she is quite likely psychologically imperiled by such a routine. It's tough even to ponder such circumstances. Lay in bed for an 'extra' hour and you are slipping out of form. What a ruckus must be in her head from all this. 

I can show you, Maria.

Some are good with nails, some with hair. Try a coarse cotton mechanics jacket with a simple zipper and inside pockets for stuff. It won't hurt your tips, and you'll feel them when you move around. When you reach for anything in the pockets you have to unzip slightly. If a guy does this so what. I guess I'm trying to say is that you could just get up without putting on a face and whole wardrobe and throw on something as simple as that. For when you're not working. You'd find time for other things. At what point does a girl find that she must apply a face, because she no longer feels beautiful? It would be hard to be a girl. 

Are you allowed to go incognito? Always attended? Hmmm. Yeah. I did consider all that. Bring your friends, by all means. 

I'm good with pretty much not giving a fuck. Also, I'm learning to shut up. That way...the words are better when they come out. So there's no 'rehearsing' what I'll say. Really, just impromptu, just for you. It shouldn't feel like it's a big gamble. Did you know that among the most difficult of all programming tasks, is that of programming randomness? 

It's nice that you have friends, and spend time relaxing.

Practice makes permanent. Whatever you set your hands to do, do with all your might.

Whatever it is. Especially when you goof off. Even if what you're doing feels wrong,

do it right.

New shots. Awkward strategic positions. A day without worrying about your career. 

I was so upset when I watched the 'Free Pussy Riot' underground tapes. 

They were doing everything all wrong. It was almost heartreaking to see such a thing of beauty, conducted with such struggle and sadness.

That's not how it's done.

To me...such a posture is impossible. 

Thanks for the updates. 

1 user thanked matchpoint for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/7/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:43:30 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

Do any of you bother to read the homepage of this site or do you just come straight to the Forum?   On the Homepage she's showing all the PR work she's been up to whilst she's been too sick to play tennis.  It really is a shame about the hip and that it forces her to earn thousands of dollars an hour in front of a camera instead of on a tennis court. 

And another thing...why couldn't she launch Sugarpova in Toronto anyway?  She said that she was sorry that she was unable come to Toronto..... more bull.shit.  In the past, she's turned up at players parties even when she wasn't playing in the tournament.

See, without Thomas to keep her under control, she is now running wild and Jimmy boy is unable to get her to training because he has no control over her.   She'll turn up when she feels like it and if she does play the US Open she will go out in the first week and blame her hip ...not herself or Jimmy for not doing enough training. 

Actually, I do pretty much come straight here--with a few exceptions concerning her logistics. The only candies I eat are Hershey Bars & I notice fashion only in passing.

Philli, you know the obsession that brought me here: to spike the trash propagated by the corporates & State that Masha had "become an Amerikan" & a traitor to her country.

She took care of that last year.

When Maria fulfilled her dream, my work was done.

Oh there are a few who go on beating the dead horse. But methinks Sochi will reveal the greater extent of Masha's investment in her Motherland.

As the corporate elite who rule my country are now openly bent on reigniting the Cold War, I would surmise the great bulk of the quarter billion $+ or whatever it is by now has long since made its way home, into the Near Abroad, or offshore.

The Sharapov family are no fools.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/8/2013(UTC), frida on 8/8/2013(UTC)
frida
#65 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:43:32 AM(UTC)
frida

Rogers Cup Toronto - Day Three

"The BEAST" is back on court ...   

3 users thanked frida for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/8/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/8/2013(UTC), nazanine on 8/8/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#66 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 1:41:34 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Originally Posted by: frida Go to Quoted Post

Rogers Cup Toronto - Day Three

"The BEAST" is back on court ...   

Sooooooooooooooooooo ughly! Fat legs, big mouse and etc

I hope I never see Serena even during my sleep :D

frida
#71 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:03:44 AM(UTC)
frida

I knew Indian (black) people are stronger than whites, but I never could imagine much as this !!! Her thighs are pretty fat !!!! But however, This is Serena Williams !!! Nobody can change her/his self ...
2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/8/2013(UTC), nazanine on 8/8/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#72 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:10:03 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Yeah, they are stronger. And black people have many beautiful men and women! It's not about Serena's skin, white or black. It's about her style.

We can not compare Maria's and Serena's style at all! They're totally different :)
2 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/8/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 8/8/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#73 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:10:36 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Today FLIPPER plays Serena:)...i can assure u it won't be a walk-over !!!

FLIPPER IS A FIGHTER...

http://youtu.be/azEOeTX1LqM lol

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 8/8/2013(UTC), nazanine on 8/8/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 8/8/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#74 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:14:31 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/caVsPyqFw98

Petra Kvitova vs Eugenie Bouchard R2 Toronto Full Match 2013

For someone who like Mademoiselle BOUCHARD :)

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 8/8/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 8/8/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/11/2013(UTC)
frida
#75 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:21:28 AM(UTC)
frida

Thanks Tiger, you always share them with us :)
1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
nazanine on 8/9/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#76 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:14:30 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

Agnie gettin' better and better

@frida...with pleasure; some ppl can't watch 'em, do what i can:)

4 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
appaloosa on 8/8/2013(UTC), frida on 8/9/2013(UTC), nazanine on 8/9/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/11/2013(UTC)
appaloosa
#77 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:31:55 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)

Frida, you and Tiger are both very generous at sharing and I, for one, really appreciate it.

As for Genie, she has become my back-up # 1. She's 19 years old. She plays wth tenacity and maturiy

well beyond her years. She easily handles all the fuss very well. She is in Maria's small stable that

wears her outfits. When Sloane Stephens was asked about her relationship with Serena, She misspoke and

there has been fur flying between them ever since.

When Genie was asked the other day if Maria was her mentor, she said Maria was very nice, but no, she was

NOT her mentor, because they were competitors. In my opinion, Maria may not be Genie's mentor, but it's

clear to me that Genie considers Maria's actions very closely when determining how to act on and off the court.

But she is also smart enough not to put her foot in her mouth.

Did I mention she is beautiful?

Maria will always be my # 1 as long as she wants it. That depends on her and her behavior. We always

have to be prepared that one day Maria will just come out with "I am retiring" to persue other interests.

That will be a huge blow to me personally, but "shit happens"! Genie will give me a softer landing.
3 users thanked appaloosa for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/8/2013(UTC), frida on 8/9/2013(UTC), nazanine on 8/9/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#78 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 2:38:06 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/1HQLvATaSYU

Petra Kvitova vs Samantha Stosur R3 Toronto Full Match 2013

MAD SAM is not to confuse with MAD MAX !

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 8/11/2013(UTC)
irvino
#79 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 11:05:09 AM(UTC)
irvino

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Love to watch Aga. It's a pleasure to watch someone win with their brains, and not just with brute strength.
CROUCHING TIGER
#80 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:38:13 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Ekaterina Makarova (L) and Elena Vesnina of Russia celebrate defeating Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci in their women's doubles final match to win the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 9, 2013. (VINCENT KESSLER/REUTERS)

One of the best doubles-teams sadly ousted...

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
appaloosa on 8/10/2013(UTC)
appaloosa
#67 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:05:40 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

Philli, I didn't originally respond to your, shall we say rant, for two (2) reasons.  One, I was a little annoyed because I still believe in Maria, and in her integrity.   Two, when I read last sentence of your message, it shocked me to the point where I almost fell off my chair laughing.  As brutal as it seems towards Maria, it is brilliant!  What a racquet. 

Now, the legitimacy issues.  Let's agree that Maria didn't play Rogers this year because of the hip injury.  She gave back to the tournament charity, above and beyond anyone's expectations (including the tournament organizers).  Her gift, to be auctioned off during the tournament included: An all expenses paid trip to California (including airfare and hotel) for two during the off-season;an on-court training session with Maria; lunch exclusively with Maria. (On top of that, she will probably throw in some signed gifts and a load of Sugarpova).  Last year when she couldn't play in Montreal due to a stomach illnes carried over from Wimbledon, Maria went out of her way to stay around and promote the tournament.   The people at Rogers were extremely grateful and said so in public.

As far as the Sugarpova launch, Maria probably got together with her people and their people and everybody's people and determined it just wasn't practical.  Some of the hype would be lost because she wasn't playing (exposure).  To fly to Toronto, set up, tear down, and all the other logistics required for a two hour meet-and-greet seems a little rediculous.  The decision makes perfect sense to me.  She'll go back when it is more practicable.  Oh, and Maria will want to be sure that I will be able to be there (ha ha).  It makes perfect sense to me.

What also makes sense is that Maria, who doesn't waste her time (love that about her),should spend this down time getting the non-tennis crap out of the way, like sponsor obligations, photo-shoots and the like.  I suspect a lot of this was taken care of in California (eg. Porsche promo) so she wouldn't have to travel all over the place and have a base for her rehab and training. 

I hope this makes a liitle more sense to you now.  Although I'm dying to see Maria play, I'm O.K. with what's gone on.  

P.S.  Love that line, though.