logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Site problems/bugs/issues report thread + recommendations to improve the forum!
Valkyre
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:10:23 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Hello, I am a relatively new member here, quite active since the time I have joined and I am enjoying my stay, supporting my fave tennis player Masha!

The purpose of this thread is to work as a guide for the administrator and the moderators of all the problems/bugs and issues the members face, with the intention to hopefully be fixed in the future and thus make the forum even better than it already is. Also recommendations will help as well! 

I will start myself by making notes of the problems I have encountered so far.

1) There has to be a bug with the option "remember my password" while logging in. Speaking with other members on this issue, even though the option is properly ticked, it simply does not work and users are prompt each and every time to type their username and password to log in. (submitted by Valkyre)

2) Another issue is that from time to time, while a user appears to be properly logged in, he is shown as a guest on shoutbox and has to log out then log in so his username appears properly. (submitted by Valkyre)

3) I just can post a pic although i pick one from the net, place the URL but all that i get is that URL and no pic. (submitted by CROUCHING TIGER)

4) In "post reply" i must mostly go to TH END OF THE LINE 'cos the cursor won't move and many times i just can't post so like here i must reply with a "quickie". (submitted by CROUCHING TIGER)

5) I could reply to PM's but now i must click on "buddie" before i see PM...no buddie, no PM-reply...so u can all
become my buddies:) (submitted by CROUCHING TIGER)

6) When i'm in the SHOUTbox i suddenly get scrolled down...ANNOYING!!! (submitted by CROUCHING TIGER)

7) Front page sections with Next Opponent and Next Tournament, need to be updated accordingly, Stanford and Serena are long gone! (submitted by Valkyre)

And a few recommendations:

1) Enabling video embedding would be really helpful and improve both the look of the forum and browsing. Instead of redirecting users to youtube, videos could be embedded to make everyone's life easier and enjoy more Masha where they should, ie here! :) (submitted by Valkyre)

2) Clicking on the last post made in a thread from the main page, should redirect you to the last page of that particular thread not the first one, thus forcing members to click again to get to the final page and read the last posts. (submitted by Valkyre)

3) The existing set of smilies seems IMO inadequate. Since we can paste images, I often import emoticons from other sites to emphasize/illustrate points. (submitted by Paul_Pimkin)

4) There seems to be a problem with the copy/paste options when you are trying to type a post in the forum. When I try to copy and then paste I get the message "Currently not supported by our browser, use keyboard shortcuts instead". Would be nice if these options were fixed. :) (submitted by Valkyre)

Thats it for now please post your problems and recommendations in order to make Masha's website even better!

PS: I will update this first post with everyones problems and recommendations so we have a proper list with everything to make moderators life easier ;) So look for new updates on this first post from time to time.

2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/20/2011(UTC), artblair1984 on 9/10/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:24:18 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1866 time(s) in 1236 post(s)

Thanx for starting the thread, Valkyre

Yeah, the old forum had a "preference" type of option where you could set display on threads from newest to oldest or the reverse. I miss that.

The existing set of smilies seems IMO inadequate. Since we can paste images, I often import emoticons from other sites to emphasize/illustrate points.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Valkyre on 8/20/2011(UTC), frida on 8/5/2013(UTC)
Valkyre
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:51:18 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Good call about the smilies Paul and thanks for the feedback! Updated in the first post of this thread!
CROUCHING TIGER
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 9:46:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Thx for this very usefull topic. I have a load of problems(some of them u can find in the fashion-threat
where i spoke about them.

1)I just can post a pic although i pick one from the net, place the URL but all that i get is that URL and no pic.

2)Smilies as a lot of ppl i read.

3)In "post reply" i must mostly go to TH END OF THE LINE 'cos the cursor won't move and many times i just can't post so like here i must reply with a "quickie".

4)I could reply to PM's but now i must click on "buddie" before i see PM...no buddie, no PM-reply...so u can all
become my buddies:)

5)When i'm in the SHOUTbox i suddenly get scrolled down...ANNOYING!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Valkyre on 8/21/2011(UTC)
Valkyre
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 12:34:11 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Thanks for contributing to the thread Tiger! Will add all the new recommendations/problems in the first post! :)

First post already updated with all problems/recommendations thus far.

Valkyre
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:48:10 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

On another but quite similar note, when are we going to get rid of Serena's face as the Next Opponent in the front page? Next Tournament option is also stuck in Stanford! We need to update these accordingly if possible! :D
ba26
#7 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 4:12:29 PM(UTC)
ba26

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When I try to upload a Fan Photo, it says "Page not Found" and doesn't upload the picture :( This is not normal, is it?
artblair1984
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 9:26:04 PM(UTC)
artblair1984

Groups: BasicUsers

Originally Posted by: Valkyre Go to Quoted Post

Hello, I am a relatively new member here, quite active since the time I have joined and I am enjoying my stay, supporting my fave tennis player Masha!

The purpose of this thread is to work as a guide for the administrator and the moderators of all the problems/bugs and issues the members face, with the intention to hopefully be fixed in the future and thus make the forum even better than it already is. Also recommendations will help as well! 

1) There has to be a bug with the option "remember my password" while logging in. Speaking with other members on this issue, even though the option is properly ticked, it simply does not work and users are prompt each and every time to type their username and password to log in. (submitted by Valkyre)

2) Another issue is that from time to time, while a user appears to be properly logged in, he is shown as a guest on shoutbox and has to log out then log in so his username appears properly. (submitted by Valkyre)

3) I just can post a pic although i pick one from the net, place the URL but all that i get is that URL and no pic. (submitted by CROUCHING TIGER)

4) In "post reply" i must mostly go to TH END OF THE LINE 'cos the cursor won't move and many times i just can't post so like here i must reply with a "quickie". (submitted by CROUCHING TIGER)

5) I could reply to PM's but now i must click on "buddie" before i see PM...no buddie, no PM-reply...so u can all

6) When i'm in the SHOUTbox i suddenly get scrolled down...ANNOYING!!! (submitted by CROUCHING TIGER)

7) Front page sections with Next Opponent and Next Tournament, need to be updated accordingly, Stanford and Serena are long gone! (submitted by Valkyre)

1) Enabling video embedding would be really helpful and improve both the look of the forum and browsing. Instead of redirecting users to youtube, videos could be embedded to make everyone's life easier and enjoy more Masha where they should, ie here! :) (submitted by Valkyre)

2) Clicking on the last post made in a thread from the main page, should redirect you to the last page of that particular thread not the first one, thus forcing members to click again to get to the final page and read the last posts. (submitted by Valkyre)

3) The existing set of smilies seems IMO inadequate. Since we can paste images, I often import emoticons from other sites to emphasize/illustrate points. (submitted by Paul_Pimkin)

4) There seems to be a problem with the copy/paste options when you are trying to type a post in the forum. When I try to copy and then paste I get the message "Currently not supported by our browser, use keyboard shortcuts instead". Would be nice if these options were fixed. :) (submitted by Valkyre)

Thats it for now please post your problems and recommendations in order to make Masha's website even better!

PS: I will update this first post with everyones problems and recommendations so we have a proper list with everything to make moderators life easier ;) So look for new updates on this first post from time to time.

artblair1984
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 9:28:51 PM(UTC)
artblair1984

Artblair1984: You provided a lot of good ideas to make a great site even better.

]

Originally Posted by: Valkyre Go to Quoted Post

[/quote]

matchpoint
#10 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 2:34:54 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I saw a blue ' i ' symbol in the upper left corner of the forum thread page (just beneath the yellow 'forum search members' bar and just above the shoutbox + icon). It was never there before. It enabled a 'ok' command when scrolled over, so I hit it. The browser was being attacked, or something, really slow acting during this so I thought perhaps it means 'interruption'? I thought to check the mail for a new message but the 'i' didn't mean that, apparently. 

I found myself leafing back through pages while the internet righted itself, or whatever, and saw it again. It is blue and white, sort of stylized, with red accents.

Anyone familiar with this? Thanks.

matchpoint
#11 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 1:49:31 PM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
My point is...has anyone seen this ( i ) icon? One doesn't automatically just know how to negotiate a website.

I figure that it could have been to indicate an inbox message.

Help appreciated.
Brebis
#12 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 4:25:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Maderator , are you asleep ???? We can't post topics for days already as there is a system error !!! Please fix today, as tennis season has started.
3 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
Alain44 on 12/30/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 12/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 1/4/2014(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:28:47 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

PATIENCE !!!! They know what's wrong and do what's needed to fix it OR we'll have a site with

a lot of "new things" (???). I think they pay more attention at the social networks then this site,just sayin'...

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 1/4/2014(UTC)
Brebis
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:19:13 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
It's time that we boycot this site, as there are people sleeping !!!
WAKE UP moderator , this site is not working properly.
2 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
Alireza on 1/4/2014(UTC), Alain44 on 1/5/2014(UTC)
Alain44
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 1:15:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 76 post(s)

Paul Pipkin wrote that we can post messages with "QUICK REPLY". It's true !
Tony Montana
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:31:44 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Maria go back to Alex. If you want to finance movies for 50% email.
Tony Montana
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:43:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I posted to Kournikova's site in the couch section.
joystick
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:33:20 AM(UTC)
joystick

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think we need a live chat for speak real time.
What do you think users?
CROUCHING TIGER
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:49:24 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

There's one when u open the "forum". It's marked "SHOUTBOX" and whenever u want u can post/chat...

If it's closed,click that little black thing on the left...cya there:)

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
joystick on 1/12/2014(UTC)
joystick
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:45:05 PM(UTC)
joystick

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you crouching tiger.
I found it!!!
1 user thanked joystick for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/13/2014(UTC)