logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<6789>
N. Djokovic
frida
#141 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:27:54 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 674 post(s)

Really eager to see Federer playing against other Federer (Grigor) :D :D

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 5/9/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#142 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:46:33 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Originally Posted by: frida Go to Quoted Post
Really eager to see Federer playing against other Federer (Drigor) :D :D

Federer is out! He lost against Nishikori at the 3rd round! I think that without Federer and Novak, Nadal has a good chance to win the tournament!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
frida
#143 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 1:39:46 AM(UTC)
frida

Wow!!! What happened to our stars? :D
But being beaten by other players is an undeniable fact of sport :)
Alireza on 5/10/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#144 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:34:46 AM(UTC)
Alireza

DJOKOVIC SWEEPS PAST DOLGOPOLOV, PLAYS BERDYCH IN ROME QFS

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic, who has reached the Internazionali BNL d'Italia final four times in the past five years, was in fine form at the Foro Italico on Thursday.

The 2008 and 2011 titlist booked his place in the Rome quarter-finals after he recorded his 30th match win of the season over Alexandr Dolgopolov in 60 minutes. The Ukrainian is now 3-21 lifetime against opponents in the Top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.

For much of Djokovic’s 6-1, 6-4 win he targetted Dolgopolov’s backhand. He ran through the first set in 29 minutes, losing just two of his 17 first service points, and got off to a good start second set.

Djokovic was forced to save two break points in the sixth game – Dolgopolov’s best returning game – before ultimately securing victory. Dolgopolov, who is now 0-4 lifetime against World No. 1s (0-3 versus Djokovic, 0-1 versus Rafael Nadal), committed 26 unforced errors.

Djokovic will next play sixth seed Tomas Berdych, who extended his perfect record to 8-0 against Kevin Anderson in a 7-5, 6-2 win in 84 minutes. Berdych hit 25 winners and committed seven unforced errors to book his place in the quarter-finals for the fourth time.

frida
#145 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:19:49 AM(UTC)
frida

Novak Djokovic: Mayer could be dangerous
Novak Djokovic is acutely aware that the draw he was given for The Championships 2013 is one he should be thankful for: the 2011 champion is without Andy Murray, Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal in his half of the draw, causing some to call his path to the Wimbledon final a "dream draw" from the tennis gods.

"Well, you know, draw is something that you cannot affect," the world No.1 said on Saturday. "So I honestly wasn't thinking about it too much because it's a matter of luck and it's a matter of a coin toss, as well. It is what it is now."

But a closer examination of the Serbian's draw round-for-round shows that the 26-year-old doesn't have it as easy as some might think, including a first-round bout with Florian Mayer, the German he met here a year ago in the quarter-finals at Wimbledon.

"He's a tricky player," Djokovic said of the 33th-ranked German. "He has a bit unorthodox game. He can be very dangerous on this surface. He loves playing on grass. If you look at his career, he's made his best results, I think, on grass. Strong backhand. He's tall. He can serve well."

In fact, Mayer is the first player in the draw not to be seeded, meaning by ranking alone he's the most dangerous of floaters.

Djokovic would like to float his way to a seventh major title during this fortnight, but would have to contend with one of his foes come the final should it shake out that way.

He's slated to meet No.28 seed Jeremy Chardy in the third round, and could take on Tommy Haas, another German, in the fourth round. The 35-year-old Haas is seeded 13th and owns a 3-5 career record against Djokovic. Haas stunned Djokovic on the quick courts of Miami earlier this year, though Djokovic exacted revenge on the former world No.2 in the quarter-finals of Roland Garros.

It was there that Djokovic played his epic semi-final against Nadal, succumbing 9-7 in the fifth set after leading by a break late in the match.

"I thought I had a great tournament. I gave my best," said Djokovic about Paris, which remains the one major he has yet to claim. "It was a thrilling match to be a part of with Nadal in semi-finals. But, as I said, you know, I needed that few days just to, you know, relax, let the stress go and everything that I've been through. You know, kind of get another motivation to prepare well for this tournament."

The 2012 semi-finalist lost to Federer in four sets here a year ago, but owns a 33-5 record this year that includes his third straight Australian Open. He's 32-7 in eight Wimbledon appearances. But how does his grass-court game feel sans a warm-up tournament this time around?

"It's not the first time that I find myself in the situation where I don't have any warm-up grass court tournaments," Djokovic said. "I need to prioritise and rest and recovery rather than just going for the matches on the grass, which is the fastest surface in our sport. I've done it before and I've managed. But adapting from the slowest to the fastest surface in only a few days is really a short time, you know. But it's been like that for a while now."
Alireza on 6/22/2013(UTC)
frida
#146 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:25:54 AM(UTC)
frida

Mayer is always a dangerous player and Novak is aware that, I saw him a lot of times when he was making trouble for top players !
Actually, Novak is very very lucky this year with draw that he got :D Just need to a little concentration for preventing unwanted surprises :)
Alireza on 6/22/2013(UTC)
frida
#147 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:26:31 PM(UTC)
frida

Nole is into third round .

The Championships - Wimbledon 2013: Day Four

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 6/27/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 6/27/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#148 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:02:10 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Novak will face Chardy at 3rd round of Wimbledon today in centre court! The matches will start at 1:00 pm and Novak's match is the last match in that court, so Djokovic's match might strat at 5:00 PM

Go Go Djokovic 

Alireza
#149 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:05:13 AM(UTC)
Alireza

NOVAK DJOKOVIC POWERS THROUGH AGAIN IN STRAIGHT SETS

Novak Djokovic, the top seed and official favourite to capture the Gentlemen's Singles at the 2013 Championships, took a hugely significant leap towards that goal by comprehensively vaulting what many had forecast would be his most daunting hurdle as he defeated Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic 7-6(5), 6-4, 6-3 to earn a semi-final place against Juan Martin Del Potro.

Djokovic, who has set a personal mark at Wimbledon by not dropping a set in five matches, has now lost to Berdych only twice in 16 meetings, but one of those losses came in the semi-finals of the 2010 Championships, their only previous match on grass. Since then, of course Djokovic has captured the title here (in 2011) but he admitted to caution about his chances on No.1 Court against the towering No.7 seed.

So the stage was set, and with two legendary footballers, Andriy Shevchenko and fellow Serb and Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic, among the supporters in his courtside box, Djokovic joined battle with the Czech to produce a first set of supreme quality tennis, arguably the best at this year's Championships so far.

The slightest of advantages lay with Djokovic, who served so well that he conceded just eight points in five games and never permitted Berdych a sniff at a break. His first service game, replete with three aces, was enough to dismay most people but Berdych took it in his stride and regularly peppered the world No.1 with deliveries well in excess of 120 miles an hour.

It was clear indication of the Serb's current level of form that he even conjured break points in the first, seventh and ninth games before the set moved into what had been regarded as perhaps inevitable. That tie-break was just as tight as what had gone before until, on Djokovic's first glimmer of a set point, Berdych weakly poked a forehand wide, prompting Djokovic to flourish a raised fist towards his coaching team and the duo of famous footballers.

Almost before he had time to savour the achievement, Djokovic found himself 3-0 down in the second set, having dropped serve twice to a resurgent Berdych. The initiative was now with the No.7 seed and Djokovic needed to repair the damage urgently. Like the supremely talented champion that he is, the response was so positive that the momentum swung his way and was not to change for the rest of the match.

Berdych was clearly dismayed by the vigour of the Djokovic counter-attack in which four games were won at a cost of five points and the No.1 seed moved into a two-set lead by breaking the Czech for a third time. Now he was in full control and another capture of the Czech serve sent him 3-1 up in the third set as Berdych, unravelling at a rapid rate of knots, double-faulted twice.

So Djokovic ended up coasting home, upping his ace count along the way to 16 and reaching match point with a sumptuous forehand down the line, at which a stunned Berdych shovelled a close-range shot into the netting. Even so, there was a hint of relief in Djokovic's victory smile. He knew well enough what might have happened had that classic opening set gone the other way.

"It was a very close match, and that was what I expected," said Djokovic. "One shot decided the winner of the first set and that was an important advantage for me. I don't know how I managed to turn the second set around, but it was a he confidence boost for me to go two sets up.

"I could see he was frustrated in the third set so I capitalised when I needed to and he missed a few easy shots." Now I feel physically fresh for the semi-final."

frida
#150 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 4:27:29 AM(UTC)
frida

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-dGBqNTldp8A/UdR5VPT9jZI/AAAAAAAAErM/G4TazjE-ldg/s539-no/photo.jpg

_____________ & _____________ Will make sunday's final :)

Alireza on 7/4/2013(UTC)
frida
#153 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 11:46:19 AM(UTC)
frida

The Championships - Wimbledon 2013: Day Eleven

Fifth set is always full of stress ...

frida
#154 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 12:07:01 PM(UTC)
frida

Novak won match against Martin, Now he is into the final Congratulation :) It was a fantastic match, match stats were very close. Tie breaks, break points and also moments full of stress and heart attacks :D Martin played an AMAZING tennis , fantastic and powerful ...Congratulations Juan He was my favorite to win ( after Federer out), but It wasn't his day. He tried to do her best I think he did.

Now Novak should wait his final opponent. Janowicz or Murray ...

I think he is going to sleep after this long and hard day ....

Alireza on 7/5/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#155 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 2:46:03 PM(UTC)
Alireza

NOVAK DJOKOVIC REACHES FINAL AFTER FIVE-SET EPIC

A wounded opponent can be a dangerous proposition. That was the scenario that faced Novak Djokovic today as he sought to reach his second Wimbledon final. Standing in his way was Argentina's finest, Juan Martin Del Potro. The burly Argentine has fought gallantly this week, carrying on regardless of a banged up knee that he first damaged in his fourth-round match, then re-injured in his stunning quarter-final victory over fourth seed David Ferrer.

In arguably the match of the tournament – apologies to Andy Murray and Fernando Verdasco – Djokovic won 7-5, 4-6, 7-6(2), 6-7(8), 6-3 in an epic four hours and 43 minutes, making it the longest men's Wimbledon semi-final of all time.

"It was one of the best matches that I've been a part of," said Djokovic. "One of the most exciting. It was so close, really. [I] couldn't separate us. Every time he's in a tough situation he comes up with a great shot."

Del Potro's courage and gentle giant appeal have won him many admirers - great for the Argentine, but not exactly what Djokovic was hoping for on semi-finals day. Djokovic, meanwhile, has spent the past 12 days quietly going about his business. The top seed has exuded a quiet determination in his quest for his second Wimbledon title.

After the disappointment of falling in the Roland Garros semi-finals to eventual winner Rafael Nadal, Djokovic set his sights firmly on The Championships. After all, there's no better tonic for loss than victory.

In his five preceding matches, Djokovic has not dropped a set. Tucked safely on the opposite side of the draw he was able to avoid the bloodbath that was Black Wednesday. Tellingly he has maintained his focus despite the distractions and media hyperbole surrounding the upsets and injuries that have come to define this 127th edition of The Championships.

Like Djokovic, Del Potro also entered this semi-final without having dropped a set. Something had to give. Right from the first game it was clear, however, that neither player was prepared to give anything. Djokovic went to work on Del Potro's sore knee early, pinning him deep on his forehand side before changing direction, forcing the eighth seed to chase.

But chase he did. Despite Djokovic's best efforts, Del Potro even managed to turn the tables sending the Serb to all corners of the court in search of a winner. Worryingly for Djokovic his normally ever-reliable backhand was mis-firing, which would be a trend throughout the match, particularly when the top seed attempted to fire down the line.

An early break point went begging in the sixth game for the top seed as Del Potro wavered on serve. The Argentinean held but his safety was short lived. With a tiebreak in sight Djokovic sneaked under Del Potro's guard to break and take the opening set 7-5.

In the second set both players attempted to unsettle the other by mixing things up. The semifinalists alternated between flat and heavily spun balls as they did everything possible to unsettle each other's rhythm.

Rallies would end with a player - invariably Del Potro - literally in the stands. At one point the Argentinean high fived a spectator in the front row as he stood panting in front of him.

A set up and seemingly with the momentum, Djokovic missed numerous chances to break mid-way through the second set, allowing Del Potro to stay in the match.

The Argentinean incited the crowd after defying his injured knee to chase down balls that looked for all money to be winners. An unexpected break in the seventh game for Del Potro served as a stark reminder to Djokovic to take opportunities when presented.

Djokovic restored his favourite status by eventually taking the third set in a tiebreak set that could have gone either way.

From here it was assumed by most that Djokovic would close out the match in four sets. But Del Potro had other ideas. The eighth seed just didn't know when to give up.

Capable of hitting blistering winners from any part of the court, Del Potro was a constant threat to Djokovic's title hopes. In the 12th game of the fourth set Del Potro proved that there was plenty left in the tank, hitting a 120 mph forehand winner after more than three hours and 40 minutes of play.

The pair traded breaks midway through the set as Djokovic once again failed to capitalise on a golden opportunity. But worse was to come. Leading 6-4 in the fourth-set tie-break and with two match points, Djokovic blinked and Del Potro reeled off four straight points to claim the fourth set and send the match, fittingly, into a deciding set.

Djokovic would later lament that he should have been "more aggressive" on those missed match points. Early in the final set it was clear that the quarter-final and semi-final had taken their toll on Del Potro. He received treatment from the trainer early in the fifth set and looked to be moving slower than earlier in the match.

It was all Djokovic needed. The top seed found a slither of an opening in the eighth game and when Del Potro dragged a forehand wide, Djokovic was in the box seat. The Serb duly served out the match, making no mistake when presented with his third match point.

Djokovic now joins tennis legends John McEnroe, Mats Wilander and Stefan Edberg, who was in the crowd, in making it to 11 Grand Slam finals.

For Djokovic he now has a mountain of recovery work to do before turning his attention to Sunday's final and the possibility of playing either local hope Andy Murray or the heavy-hitting Jerzy Janowicz.

Follow the latest news and scores from Wimbledon 2013 on Wimbledon.com or download the official iPad, iPhone and Android apps

Alireza
#156 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 2:57:25 PM(UTC)
Alireza

What a tough match! Well done Nole 

That was really close match and both players did well, congratulations Del Potro for wonderful playing.

Now, Nole reached to final match of Wimbledon that was full of surpries both in women's and men's matches!

Many top players lost at first or second round including, Maria, Azarenka, Nadal, Roger, Serena and etc

Final match will be more difficult.

Go Go No.1    

Alireza
#151 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 4:40:32 AM(UTC)
Alireza

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-dGBqNTldp8A/UdR5VPT9jZI/AAAAAAAAErM/G4TazjE-ldg/s539-no/photo.jpg

Novak & Murray will make sunday's final ;)

1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 7/6/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#152 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 10:13:19 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Alireza Go to Quoted Post

Novak & Murray will make sunday's final ;)

There will be a great fight but finally Novak will win it....

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 7/6/2013(UTC)
frida
#157 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 3:08:25 PM(UTC)
frida

Dartagnan , I feel like Andy will win :D Everybody wants to Andy win this match and I think Andy wants to win more than everybody ... It will be a match between " World " and Serbia.Of course of course Novak isn't some to underestimate it . But I see Andy really wants to end Britain's wait for Wimbledon trophy. He's really fighting for this...
On the other hand , Novak is still thirst for success... Everything that Novak achieved isn't enough for him. He wants more and more and more. But this time is Andy's time. That pressure really hurts him ...
Let's see what will bring tomorrow... I'll be cheering for Andy. Andy is going to change center court's name as " Andy Murray Court" ...
Good luck boy ;) We're behind you :)
Alireza
#158 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 12:49:10 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Dartagnan , I feel like Andy will win :D Everybody wants to Andy win this match and I think Andy wants to win more than everybody ... It will be a match between " World " and Serbia.Of course of course Novak isn't some to underestimate it . But I see Andy really wants to end Britain's wait for Wimbledon trophy. He's really fighting for this...
On the other hand , Novak is still thirst for success... Everything that Novak achieved isn't enough for him. He wants more and more and more. But this time is Andy's time. That pressure really hurts him ...
Let's see what will bring tomorrow... I'll be cheering for Andy. Andy is going to change center court's name as " Andy Murray Court" ...
Good luck boy ;) We're behind you :)

Of coures every player wants MORE AND MORE! Yes the atmosphere will be against Novak and most of people who is in the stadium will be with Murray because he plays in England, but Novak is a professional player!

But it will be a really good match and I'm sure that eveybody will enjoy watching!

Go Go No.1 

frida
#159 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 2:37:58 AM(UTC)
frida

Look, It's not only about playing in England and also not being professional . All of the players in ATP are professional !!! Andy is under pressure and everybody know that , he wants to make an end for this. Last year when he lost against Federer, he cried and he was so sad. Honestly when I saw him crying , I felt a little bad ( you know I'm a big fan of Roger ).
As I said , NOVAK DJOKOVIC isn't some to underestimate him, but Andy will give his EVERYTHING to win. He will show us more than his best...
It will be a hard clash between two prominent players and one them will be looking for a way which will bring him his biggest success of life ...
Alireza on 7/7/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#160 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 2:52:15 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Look, It's not only about playing in England and also not being professional . All of the players in ATP are professional !!! Andy is under pressure and everybody know that , he wants to make an end for this. Last year when he lost against Federer, he cried and he was so sad. Honestly when I saw him crying , I felt a little bad ( you know I'm a big fan of Roger ).
As I said , NOVAK DJOKOVIC isn't some to underestimate him, but Andy will give his EVERYTHING to win. He will show us more than his best...
It will be a hard clash between two prominent players and one them will be looking for a way which will bring him his biggest success of life ...

Yes, they will fight for every points!

Let's see what will happen ;-)