logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<891011>
Roger Federer
frida
#181 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 3:41:41 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 674 post(s)

http://www.radioagricultura.cl/default/images/imagenContent/img_20121011085421.bmp

We're always behind you ;)

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 6/16/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/19/2013(UTC)
frida
#182 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:14:34 AM(UTC)
frida

Gerry Weber Open - Final Day

YESS ! 6th Halle title, 77th career and first of season   6-7 6-3 6-4 !

Just wait us Wimbledon, we are coming for #8

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 6/16/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/19/2013(UTC)
frida
#183 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:24:51 AM(UTC)
frida

Getting ready ...

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 6/20/2013(UTC)
frida
#184 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 8:26:05 AM(UTC)
frida

Federer, Murray, Nadal In Same Half Of Wimbledon; Djokovic Faces Mayer
Roger Federer could potentially have to beat Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic if he is to retain his crown at The Championships. The Swiss was drawn in the same half as Murray and the same quarter as Nadal on Friday at the All England Club, Wimbledon.
World No. 1 Djokovic will begin his quest for a second Wimbledon title against Florian Mayer. Djokovic is guaranteed to remain at No. 1 in the Emirates ATP Rankings after Wimbledon. Djokovic could face No. 13 seed Tommy Haas or No. 19 seed Gilles Simon in the fourth round, followed by a potential clash against 2010 runner-up and No. 7 seed Tomas Berdych or ninth seed Richard Gasquet in the quarter-finals. Fourth seed David Ferrer, who takes on Martin Alund, joins Djokovic in the top half of the draw.

Third seed Federer starts his bid for a record eighth crown against Victor Hanescu on Centre Court. He could potentially meet fifth seed Nadal in the quarter-finals. They came face to face in the 2006-2008 Wimbledon finals. Last year, Federer equalled the Wimbledon titles record of Pete Sampras and William Renshaw when he lifted his seventh trophy at the All England Club. He leads the FedEx ATP Reliability Index with a 121-17 (.877) record on grass courts.
Fifth seed Nadal, who captured the Wimbledon title in 2008 (d. Federer) and 2010 (d. Berdych), has been drawn to meet Steve Darcis in the first round. He could face Igor Andreev or Lukasz Kubot in the second round. Since returning from a seven-month injury lay-off in February, Nadal has won seven titles from nine finals. He arrives at SW19, where he lost to Lukas Rosol in the 2012 second round, on a 22-match winning streak. Nadal recently won his eighth Roland Garros crown.

Second seed Murray, the first British runner-up since Bunny Austin in 1938, first plays Benjamin Becker and could challenge sixth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the last eight. Tsonga plays David Goffin in the first round. Murray, who is looking to become the first British male Wimbledon champion in 77 years, beat both Becker and Tsonga last week en route to his third Aegon Championships crown.

Djokovic, Murray, Federer and Nadal are competing together at a Grand Slam championship for the first time in 12 months.
There are four stellar first-round match-ups, including former World No. 1 and 2002 champion Lleyton Hewitt versus No. 11 seed Stanislas Wawrinka, who is competing this week at the Topshelf Open in ‘s-Hertogenbosch. Marin Cilic, the No. 10 seed and runner-up at The Queen’s Club, takes on Marcos Baghdatis, while No. 14 seed Janko Tipsarevic takes on fellow Serbian Victor Troicki. The winner could potentially meet Murray in the fourth round. Simon meets Feliciano Lopez in his opener.

The last time a player seeded outside of the Top 4 won the Wimbledon title was No. 125th-ranked Goran Ivanisevic in 2001 (d. Rafter).
Alireza on 6/21/2013(UTC)
frida
#185 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 8:35:49 AM(UTC)
frida

Roger has a tough road to another final in Wimbledon, he can face Rafael Nadal in quarter final, Andy Murray in semi final and Novak Djokovic in the final ! What a big challenge ! But there is always unexpected surprises for every player :D
Alireza
#186 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 10:31:00 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

frida;324592 wrote:
Roger has a tough road to another final in Wimbledon, he can face Rafael Nadal in quarter final, Andy Murray in semi final and Novak Djokovic in the final ! What a big challenge ! But there is always unexpected surprises for every player :D

Yes! The draw is really tough for him! Nonetheless, he is Roger Federer and I'm sure that he will fight! ;-)

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 6/21/2013(UTC)
frida
#187 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 2:07:32 PM(UTC)
frida

http://images.hamshahrionline.ir/images/2012/7/12-7-9-9115716.jpg

We are looking for #8 :D :D :D :D :D

frida
#188 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:28:00 AM(UTC)
frida

Roger said: " I'm not here to get to the 3rd round, I'm here to do exceptional stuff and make the latest stages of the tournament ..." This may be a tough draw but it's on Roger's racket...Only Roger knows what he can do and what he wants to do. Halle was his first priority and he breezed through it .He wants Wimby... I have high hope that Roger will walk on Center Court , will embrace the challenge and shine as well he can !
ALLEZ KING OF GRASS , DO IT !!!
Alireza on 6/22/2013(UTC)
frida
#189 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 10:28:19 AM(UTC)
frida

Federer Imperious In Wimbledon Opener
World No. 3 Roger Federer opened his campaign for an unprecedented eighth Wimbledon title on Monday at the All England Club with a 6-3, 6-2, 6-0 victory over Romania’s Victor Hanescu.

“I thought overall I played a good match, no hiccups on the serve,” said Federer. “I returned good, sometimes aggressive, sometimes with the chip, the way I usually do it on the grass. Then I was moving pretty well even though I thought it was quite slippery, because it is opening Monday. I think I handled that well. [There] was just a bit of a breeze and it was cold. I'm happy to get out of there early and quickly. So it was a perfect day.”

This Swiss is looking to make history on the 10th anniversary of his first Wimbledon win in 2003 (d. Philippoussis), having won a record-equalling seventh crown last year with victory over Andy Murray. He took the first step in what is projected to be a very testing draw, with the possibility of Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals, Murray in the semi-finals and top seed Novak Djokovic in the final.

The 31-year-old Federer came into The Championships having won his first ATP World Tour title of the season eight days ago at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle (d. Youzhny). He improved to a 67-7 record at the All England Club and to a perfect 6-0 FedEx ATP Head2Head mark against the No. 47-ranked Hanescu as he swept through his opener in 69 minutes

Federer goes on to face Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky, who was the day’s first winner with a 6-4, 6-0, 6-4 victory over Rogerio Dutra Silva. Federer won his one previous meeting with the No. 116-ranked Stakhovsky, two years ago in the Dubai quarter-finals.

Federer: "I Like Tough Draws"
Roger Federer admitted at The Championships on Sunday that he is “ready for the challenge” of potentially needing to beat Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic if he is to retain his Wimbledon title.

“I like tough draws,” said Federer, the seven-time champion. “I don't shy away from them. There's no control over it. All you can control as a tennis player is who you play and who you face. I have a very difficult draw with Rafa being in my quarter.

“My focus is on the first round against Victor Hanescu. If you want to win the tournament here, you have to beat the best. That's what I'm here for. I'm very happy to be back, no doubt about it. It's Ten years ago, Federer won the first of his 17 major championship trophies with victory over Mark Philippoussis in the 2003 Wimbledon final.

“It's been an unbelievable 10 years. I can't believe it's been this successful and this nice in the process. I really enjoyed myself on tour. I've played so many matches where I went through so many incredible moments. I'm forever grateful to this first Wimbledon title I was able to achieve here.

“It's all happened a bit too fast for my liking, but I'm happy I'm still playing and continuing to give myself opportunities to be contending for the title here. And being back as well 10 years later as defending champion is quite unique at the same time.”

World No. 3 Federer has a 66-7 record at The Championships, the third Grand Slam championship of the tennis season.

“I do believe grass, the more you play on it, the more you learn about it. Today, I know what it takes, which is a good thing. The excitement is the same. [I’m] still hungry and wanting to win and wanting to prove how good I can play.”

The Swiss, who beat Andy Murray in last year’s final for his seventh Wimbledon title, takes a 5-0 FedEx ATP Head2Head record into his first round clash against Hanescu on Monday. They will play at 1pm local time on Centre Court.
Alireza on 6/24/2013(UTC)
frida
#190 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:52:12 AM(UTC)
frida

TENNIS: Wimbledon-Federer vs Hanescu

Awesome start!!! Good luck on Wednesday against Stakovsky and I'll be cheering for you as always! :)

Alireza on 6/25/2013(UTC)
frida
#191 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:21:41 PM(UTC)
frida

Pleaaaaaaaaaase Roger 7-6 6-7 4-4 ...
If you can't beat Stakovsky, I think I'll be dead in the end of day :D :D Please we really need that victory :D
Dartagnan
#192 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:34:31 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

frida;324803 wrote:
If you can't beat Stakovsky, I think I'll be dead in the end of day :D :D Please we really need that victory :D

Dartagnan: For the first time in tennis, the eagle lowers his head

Roger Federer suffers shock defeat at Wimbledon

Роджер Федерер теннис

Defending champion Roger Federer crashed of Wimbledon on Wednesday in one of the most disastrous defeats of his career.

The seven-time Wimbledon champion was knocked out in the second round by Ukraine's world number 116 Sergiy Stakhovsky 6-7 (5/7), 7-6 (7/5), 7-5, 7-6 (7/5) on Centre Court.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
frida on 6/27/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/27/2013(UTC)
KarmaKrooK
#195 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:38:15 AM(UTC)
KarmaKrooK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)
After watching parts of Rafa and Roger's downfall games one thing came to my mind, mind you I'm still new to tennis but I believe this applies to many things in life, and that is there is some kind of psychological barrier they must overcome to defeat these types of opponents. I am led to believe this because they have the ability and know how of winning matches but presented with certain people it's as if their know how and ability are diminished. A personal example: I am able to lift more weight than I normally do with friends I have good chemistry than with people I have little to no chemistry with. On a more general level have you ever noticed why some people you can look in the eye and stare away for hours (neutral), other people you can look in the eye and you immediately stare away (intimidated), and some others you can look in the eye and they immediately look away (intimidator)? It's very difficult starring into the eyes of your intimidator and feel strong and completely stable. And when you've successfully looked in the eyes of your intimidator and felt complete strong and stable it's as if they have become what moments ago was you. Only through constant exposure would both parties reach equilibrium but a constantly shifting equilibrium. This is the time one must reach into his bag of tricks and and pull the rabbit out of the magicians hat or else suffer defeat.

I'm pretty sure there are psychological papers written about these sorts of things. It's Mind Body and Spirit not just Body. Good luck!
1 user thanked KarmaKrooK for this useful post.
frida on 6/29/2013(UTC)
frida
#194 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:39:58 AM(UTC)
frida

That was such a close match! The stats were very very close . A lot of exciting tennis! Just a matter of a couple of points here and there. So sorry you didn't win. Sergiy played his  best tennis, impressively and fantastic  so. We thought, hoped, prayed you’d find a way to win, but it was not to be today… and it was a very strange day at Wimbledon overall. Full of surprises ...

no one died, this is what happens in sports sometimes.

Alireza on 6/27/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#193 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:14:40 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Dartagnan;324818 wrote:

frida;324803 wrote:

Dartagnan: For the first time in tennis, the eagle lowers his head

Roger Federer suffers shock defeat at Wimbledon

Роджер Федерер теннис

Defending champion Roger Federer crashed of Wimbledon on Wednesday in one of the most disastrous defeats of his career.

The seven-time Wimbledon champion was knocked out in the second round by Ukraine's world number 116 Sergiy Stakhovsky 6-7 (5/7), 7-6 (7/5), 7-5, 7-6 (7/5) on Centre Court.

Well guys, I don't know what to say about this tournament! Roger Federer winner of Wimbledon for 7 times, king of the grass also loses!

This Wimbledon is strange & mysterious! As I said the final match will between two players with ranking of more than 80 or 100!

They lose at first or second round to players whose ranking is 70 and more!

Like Final Destination movie, all top players get out ONE BY ONE! I suppose that next one will be Novak, then Murray!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
frida
#196 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:03:24 PM(UTC)
frida

If they lose too, I will not be surprised !!!!
frida
#197 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:00:57 AM(UTC)
frida

Federer Still In Town
 Roger Federer suffered a shock exit at The Championships on Wednesday, but was spotted in Wimbledon Village on Friday, taking a morning stroll in the rain. Eight-year-old Adam Ward was walking his dog, Bonnie, when he and his parents bumped into the seven-time Wimbledon champion on the edge of the Common. Ward, an aspiring tennis player himself, will be queuing for tickets for The Championships on Saturday, hoping to see Britain’s Laura Robson in action.

Federer

You were really lucky Adam ;) ;)

frida
#198 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 3:46:57 AM(UTC)
frida

Roger Will Play In Gstaad

" I'm really looking forward to playing in front of my home fans in Gstaad this summer. I have got a lot of great memories of the tournament in the mountains of Switzerland." said Roger.

Great news. Gstaad is a great place where you will play in front of your fans. So happy to hear about it. I think that July is a best month of summer for playing a tournament :D

frida
#199 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:15:45 PM(UTC)
frida

Roger is back on court in Hamburg - a clay-court tournament he hasn't participated in since 2008. He won the tournament four times in the past:
2002 (victory against Safin), 2004 (victory against Coria), 2005 (victory against Gasquet) and 2007 (victory against Nadal).

After a first round bye our champ will probably play against the winner of the match between Germany's Daniel Brands (ATP 53) or Italy's Paolo Lorenzi (ATP 70) on Wednesday.

In the second round, he could meet Latvia's Ernests Gulbis (ATP 36) before an encounter against Alexandr Dolgopolov (ATP 24) is possible. In the semifinals, Poland's Jerzy Janowicz (ATP 17) could be his opponent before a clash with Germany's Tommy Haas (ATP 11) in the final.

"At Wimbledon, it was strange to go out so early and I didn't know what to do," said Roger about his participation in Hamburg and Gstaad. "But I had a clear plan 48 hours later to play at Hamburg and Gstaad."

Alireza on 7/16/2013(UTC)
frida
#200 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:39:10 AM(UTC)
frida

Roger's New Racquet: "So Far, So Good"
Roger Federer debuted his new racquet, with a larger 98 square-inch frame, on Wednesday in a three-sets win over Daniel Brands at the bet-at-home Open - German Tennis Championships.

“I’m pleased how it’s playing,” he said after the match. “I kind of knew it from practice, so it wasn’t like just jumping into the water, but I'm very happy that under match conditions I was feeling comfortable with it. I’m satisfied.”

Federer used the extra time following his early exit at Wimbledon to make the switch from the 90 square-inch racquet head he’s been using for more than a decade.
“I’ve been very close on numerous occasions to changing racquets in a bigger way,” he said. “But then very often, time was the issue. Maybe also just the records of Grand Slams - I was always keeping on playing quarters and semis - so then it was also a bit more difficult to change it because of the time.

“This time around, all of a sudden I just had the extra 10 days, two weeks I was looking for, and I really was very serious about it. Wilson flew to Switzerland and we went through the whole process and I was very happy how things went over there.”

While he did not elaborate on the specific changes, Federer called it a “different type of racquet”, sharing that Wilson has been working on the prototype for many years.

“I’ve been testing racquets, in a way, for my whole career,” said the 31 year old. “I’ve had changes to my old racquet in the last sort of 10, 11 years ever since I changed here actually in 2002 from the 85 to the 90. We’ve always been in close contact and I know they’ve been always working on things.

“After I lost at Wimbledon, I thought this is a good time to go and test the racquets, to take a bit of time off and then add some tournaments and see was there enough time to change or not. I'm happy I did the change and now we'll see how it goes. So far, so good.”