logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Andy Murray
frida
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:26:50 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)

Just want make this thread for Andrew Murray, Britain's biggest hope in Tennis

Andrew Barron "Andy" Murray (born 15 May 1987) is a Scottish professional tennis player, currently ranked a career high of World No. 2 and is the British No. 1. He achieved a top-10 ranking by the Association of Tennis Professionals  for the first time on 16 April 2007, and reached a career peak of World No. 2 for the first time in August 2009 and again in April/May 2013At the 2012 US Open, he became the first British player since 1977 and the first British man since 1936 to win a Grand Slam singles tournament, when he defeated Novak Djokovic in five sets

This title makes him the only British male to become a Grand Slam singles champion during the Open Eran. At the 2012 Olympic Games Murray defeated Roger Federer in straight sets to win the gold medal in men's single becoming the first British champion in over 100 years. He also won a silver medal in mixed doubles. He is the only man in history to win the Olympic gold medal and the US Open title back-to-back.

He has been the runner-up in five other singles Grand Slam finals: the 2008 US Open, the 2010 Australian Open, the 2011 Australian Open, 2012 Wimbledon and the 2013 Australian Open losing three to R.Federer and two to N.Djokovic. In 2011, Murray became only the seventh player in the Open Era to reach the semi-finals of all four Grand Slam tournaments in one year.

Murray identifies himself as Scottish and British.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_news_article_header_image/Andy-Murray_6.jpg

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 6/17/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/19/2013(UTC)
frida
#2 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:35:08 AM(UTC)
frida

http://img.tio.ch/tio_common/multimedia/13/749/20min/__TFMF_jc1vhg554vtc4fbpwezcvlzr_69e60e05-278d-4ad3-9302-329ac79b582a_0_p.jpg

Alireza on 6/17/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:31:27 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

CONFIDENT MURRAY SETS UP ROBREDO CLASH

Second seed Andy Murray performed with confidence and great efficiency on Wednesday to reach the third round of The Championships.

Murray improved to 10-0 lifetime in singles matches on No. 1 Court after he beat Yen-Hsun Lu 6-3, 6-3, 7-5 in just over two hours. The pair also met at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells in March.

Last year’s runner-up was a constant threat on Lu’s second serve, stepping one metre inside the baseline to return each delivery. He often turned defence into attack, moving up the court to put away the short ball and hit his targets on serve to send a warning to his rivals in the bottom half of the draw.

“He started off pretty good and then I think he had a few break points at 2 2 in the first set,” said Murray. “Then when I saved them, I started to settle down a bit and he made a few more mistakes. The third set was high quality. I was putting a lot of pressure on him and he kept coming up with some good shots on break points. So I did well to finish it in three sets."

Murray will next play No. 32 seed Tommy Robredo, who is enjoying a stellar comeback after a serious left knee injury saw the Spaniard drop to No. 471 in the Emirates ATP Rankings in May last year.

“He's a tough player," said Murray. "He had a good win today against Mahut, who has been playing well on the grass. He's very, very experienced. He's extremely fit. He won three matches in a row at the French from two sets to love down. He fights right until the last point. He's been in the top 20 in the world for a number of years. He knows how to win tennis matches. So it's a tough match for me."

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 6/27/2013(UTC)
frida
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:04:24 AM(UTC)
frida

A Murray Made Of Strawberries
The Curzon Gallery on Church Road, Wimbledon, has found an alternative use for the ever-popular strawberries and cream during The Championships' fortnight. In aid of The Royal Marsden, where British player Ross Hutchins is being treated for cancer, the gallery has made the Murray Strawberry Mosaic from strawberries and cream – on display until 30th June. The gallery invites people inside for free champagne and strawberries and welcomes donations to The Royal Marsden.

Murray

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
nazanine on 7/8/2013(UTC)
frida
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:09:13 AM(UTC)
frida

Murray Beats Robredo Under Roof, As Rain Curtails Play

Second seed and last year’s runner-up Andy Murray beat No. 32 seed Tommy Robredo 6-2, 6-4, 7-5 under the Centre Court roof on Friday at The Championships.

The 26-year-old Murray, who is bidding to become the first British man since Fred Perry in 1936 to win the Wimbledon title, has now won 14 straight matches on grass courts, which includes the gold medal at the London 2012 Olympics and a third Aegon Championships title just 12 days ago.

“I hit the ball really, really well from the back of the court tonight from the first game," said Murray. "That was pleasing because I served well [in] the first couple of matches, but maybe I hadn't hit the ball quite as I would have liked. But playing under the roof, it's a bit easier probably to time the ball because there's no wind or anything."

Murray will next challenge No. 20 seed Mikhail Youzhny and Viktor Troicki in the fourth round. "[Youzhny is] a very good grass court player," said Murray. "He was in the final in Halle [at the Gerry Weber Open]. He's a very talented guy. Troicki, I've had some good matches with him in the past. I know his game well. He's extremely quick around the court."
Murray competed with great composure and patience in the opening exchanges of their first tour-level meeting since May 2009 at the Mutua Madrid Open. Rallying from the baseline he quickly exploited the short ball or any half chances to break Robredo’s serve in the third and fifth games.

The pair then exchanged service breaks before Murray, who committed five unforced errors, regained control in the 35-minute opener. Robredo, who has twice hit with Martina Hingis, the 1997 women’s champion, at Aorangi Park this week, won just 18 per cent of his second service points.

Murray carried the momentum into the second set by winning the first two games. He served with great accuracy, particularly to Robredo’s backhand, and countered any of the Spaniard’s forays to the net with some crushing winners.

"Every set got tougher," said Murray. "I think he started to feel much more comfortable around the middle of the second set. He had a break point chance at 5-4 in the second. He got quite tight around that period."
Robredo kept fighting though. Murray expected nothing less from his 31-year-old opponent, who had dropped to No. 471 in the Emirates ATP Rankings in May 2012 as a result of a serious knee injury. Murray squandered one set point chance at 5-4, 40/30 and was then saved one break point with a crosscourt forehand winner. Robredo hit a backhand long on Murray’s second set point to end a competitive period of play.

Murray battled hard to extinguish any hopes that Robredo had of coming back from 0-2 sets deficit for the seventh time in his career. But Robredo proved defiant until a moment of brilliance from Murray at 5-5, 30/30. Attacking a Robredo backhand, Murray volleyed into the corner – bang on the baseline. Robredo then hit a backhand into the net to give Murray a 6-5 lead. Murray completed his 30th match win of the year with a hold to 15.
frida
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:10:45 AM(UTC)
frida

Tennis: 2013 Wimbledon Murray vs Robredo

frida
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 1:33:10 AM(UTC)
frida

Tennis: 2013 Wimbledon Murray vs Verdasco

My Gosh!!! What match was it :D

In the stands and from afar, some of the biggest names in Britain were cheering on Andy Murray at Wimbledon.

There was Alex Ferguson, the recently retired manager of Manchester United, sitting among the crowd at the All England Club and smiling broadly. And there was David Cameron, the country's prime minister, tweeting his well-wishes before the match and then later a photo of him watching it on television.

Murray didn't let either of them down, or any of his other millions of fans, but he did make it hard to take at times.

The second-seeded Briton advanced to the Wimbledon semifinals for the fifth straight year, overcoming a two-set deficit to beat Fernando Verdasco 4-6, 3-6, 6-1, 6-4, 7-5 Wednesday on Centre Court.

''I think when you play more and more matches and gain more experience you understand how to turn matches around and how to change the momentum of games,'' Murray said, relating his comeback win to one of Ferguson's famous late turnarounds with Man United. ''Maybe when I was younger I could have lost that match. But I think I've learnt how to come back from tough situations more as I got older.''

Ferguson is becoming something of a regular at Murray's big matches. Along with Sean Connery, Ferguson even crashed a post-match news conference last year after Murray won his first Grand Slam title at the U.S. Open.

Ferguson didn't make it that far this time, but there could be two matches still to go at Wimbledon, where a British man has not won the title since Fred Perry in 1936.

''Just got off the court a few minutes ago, so I haven't seen anyone yet,'' Murray said flatly about Ferguson, perhaps trying to downplay the feeling of having such an accomplished fan in his corner.

One of many accomplished fans, it turns out.

Cameron may have skipped the trip out to the All England Club, but before the match he wrote on Twitter that he wished Murray luck. He did the same for Laura Robson ahead of her fourth-round loss on Monday, leading some to think his gesture could be a bad omen, a so-called ''Cameron curse.''

It looked like there could have been something to that over the first two sets against Verdasco, but it didn't seem to matter in the end.

Or, according to Murray, it didn't matter at all.

''What he tweets has absolutely zero bearing on the outcome of my match today. Zero at all,'' Murray said. ''It's nice to get messages from the prime minister, but whether I win or not, his tweet has no bearing on that at all.''

In the semifinals, Murray will face Jerzy Janowicz, a 22-year-old from Poland who beat Lukasz Kubot 7-5, 6-4, 6-4.

Alireza on 7/4/2013(UTC), nazanine on 7/8/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 12:46:04 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Great Britain hero comes after 77 years and wins The Wimbledon! Congratulations Andy 

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
2 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 7/8/2013(UTC), nazanine on 7/8/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:59:52 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)

I almost never take a look in this thread, u certainly have seen that. Don't like ATP-TENNIS ANYMORE  And when i see a NATURAL BORN SCOTSMAN without the colors of SCOTLAND(i love SCOTLAND A LOT)and with that BRIT TRAITOR CAMERON(Brit PM; male Thatcher) ...well, that makes me puke. If MURRAY had the balls to show some SCOTTISCH COLORS i would like it, but this is for me a traitor  FREE SCOTLAND...my opinion of course !!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 7/16/2013(UTC)
monsterheadphonein
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:27:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have never read such a excellent article and I am coming back tomorrow to continue reading. Classic Short Boots

frida
#17 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 3:07:37 AM(UTC)
frida

Murray hungry for more grand slams, not top ranking

grand slam silverware on Sunday when he said he would pass up the chance to be world number one if it meant he could taste more major success.

The 26-year-old will play his first match since being crowned Wimbledon champion when he lines up at the Rogers Cup Masters Series event this week in Montreal.

After spending some time away from the court following last month's triumph at the All England Club, and having reassessed his goals following a holiday in the Bahamas and a training block in Miami, Murray's desire to win the sport's main prizes runs deeper than ever.

"I sat down actually just few days ago and talked a little bit about that ... I want to try and win another grand slam," a refreshed and relaxed looking Murray told reporters.

"Every player would like to get to number one but I would rather win another a grand slam or two and not get to number one."

Serbia's Novak Djokovic, the man Murray beat to the Wimbledon crown, currently occupies the top spot, with the Scot the world number two by some distance.

Murray's next opportunity to add to his two grand slam titles will be when he returns to New York later this month as defending champion at the US Open, the title which he won in 2012 with a pulsating five-set victory over Djokovic.

"It took me a long time to win my first one (grand slam) and I know how difficult it is to win those tournaments," Murray said. "I'll work as hard as I can to give myself an opportunity at the U.S. Open and see how I do there."

CHOKER TAG

The Scot boasts a good record on Canada's hard courts having been a back-to-back Masters champion in 2009 and 2010.

"The last couple of years I haven't always played my most consistent tennis in the build up to the slams and then when I got there I started to play better," Murray said.

"I've always looked ahead to the slams and sometimes not played my best tennis in the Masters series, which wasn't the case at the beginning of my career.

"I want to try and do well here."

Murray's decision to hire eight-time grand slam winner Ivan Lendl as his coach has been inspired and the Czech has helped him shake off the tag of "choker".

"He obviously lost his first four grand slam finals, I lost my first grand slam finals and felt like I was a loser, a choker," Murray said.

"Speaking to him made me feel more normal. He went on to become a great tennis player, one of the best of all time ... Being able to speak to him on an emotional level really helped."

Murray will meet either Spaniard Marcel Granollers or Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov in his first match at the Rogers Cup.

Murray of Britain kisses the winners trophy after defeating Novak Djokovic of Serbia in their men's singles final tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London

I heard someone said Grigor Dimitrov??? LOL , I'm just kidding

nazanine on 8/5/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/5/2013(UTC)
frida
#18 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 1:01:23 AM(UTC)
frida

Andy Murray to have surgery for back problems
Wimbledon champion Andy Murray will have surgery on a long-standing back problem and miss the rest of the season.
''The aim is to be fully fit for the new season,'' said a statement released by Murray's management company on Thursday.
The third-ranked Murray will miss the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals in London on Nov. 4-11, along with the Masters events in Shanghai and Paris in October. There are 13 tournaments left on this year's schedule.
Murray has had problems with his back before this year, but the injury flared up at the Rome Masters in May, forcing him to pull out of the French Open that month.
He returned to win grass-court titles at the Queen's Club and Wimbledon, where he beat Novak Djokovic in the final to become Britain's first male singles champion at the All England Club in 77 years.
''But after recently playing on hard courts and clay, Andy once again sought medical advice about solving the issue once and for all,'' the statement said.
Defending champion Murray lost in straight sets in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open two weeks ago.
The Scot played in Britain's Davis Cup match against Croatia last week, when he won two singles to help the team return to the world group.
Alain44 on 9/20/2013(UTC)