logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<891011>
Roland Garros 2013
ritchie
#181 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:40:07 PM(UTC)
ritchie

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

hi guys,

its been a while since i been here last great to see maria in the final on saturday..

now maria dont let me down,kick arse ill be watchin 4u

2 users thanked ritchie for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/6/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 6/6/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#182 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 12:16:59 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
http://www.rolandgarros....13f1a8bb96000000d66.html

Pressconference Masha

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Valkyre
#183 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 3:02:32 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Great consistency and fighting spirit Maria.

Hope you do exactly what you said in your press conference: change things up. Last time in a Grand Slam final against Serena, it was different. Time to repeat that.

DAVAI Maria!
CROUCHING TIGER
#184 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 8:29:21 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

LAST MISSION : RUSSIA can't afford loosing, so kill the yank...otherwise u will be disavowed !!!

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Brebis on 6/7/2013(UTC), frida on 6/8/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#185 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 8:31:05 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Pleasure:)

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
deadchip on 6/7/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#186 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 10:01:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)
Let's hope the words of Joyce and daddy are going to be very motivating for Maria to finally turn things around. Can also be great tactics of the 2, to kick Maria's ase to do better next time when facing Williams. I do give Maria 20 % to win her 5th title tomorrow but do not forget, every % is a % !!!!!!
robb
#187 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 11:34:43 AM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
WELL SHE GOT THROUGH AGAINST AZARENKA (just!), but sorry its a straight sets win for she-man serena tomorrow. Maria and azarenka wouldn't stand a chance if they BOTH played her!!
Brebis
#188 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 12:46:29 PM(UTC)

It's windy in Paris and tomorrow too ! Let's hope it will not effect Maria's serving too much. On top of that they do expect showers which can benefits Maria's game. 

No matter what tomorow Maria , you are a LEGEND and my role model. 

1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/7/2013(UTC)
deadchip
#189 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 3:16:42 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Well there are no real expectations from anyone of her winning this final, but then this is likely her best chance to turn the tide against Serena, as this surface is the slowest. I'm not feeling very confident either, but all the pressure is on Serena and very little on Maria. If she can just get a few breaks to go her way and keep her attitude positive, you just never know. It would be such a great win and could possibly make future matches against Serena must more winnable. I was wrong about her keeping her #2 ranking after yesterday's win, she will fall to #3 if she loses tomorrow and then face the possibility of getting Serena in her half at Wimbly.... Pretty good incentive if anymore was needed. Well I know that she can do this, I just hope that she believes more than we do!!!!
GO MARIA!!! JUST GET THIS DONE GIRL!!! BEAT SERENA!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! DAVAI!!!
Masha is my #1!!
2 users thanked deadchip for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/7/2013(UTC), Brebis on 6/7/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#190 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 3:44:43 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

Roland Garros Roland Garros 2013 - The French Open 

Saturday (08 June) CEST FINALS
12:30 Davenport / Hingis - Dementieva / Navratilova (Legends on Court Suzanne Lenglen)  ДАВАЙ Елена!!!
15:00 S. Williams - Sharapova (Court Philippe Chatrier)  ДАВАЙ Маша!!!

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 6/8/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#191 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 4:03:12 PM(UTC)

paul_pipkin;324234 wrote:

12:30 Davenport / Hingis - Dementieva / Navratilova (Legends on Court Suzanne Lenglen)  ДАВАЙ Елена!!!

You are going to have a GREAT day Paul but you need to wake up early !!!  Poor me, need to work ! 

paul_pipkin
#192 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 5:50:53 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

Brebis;324236 wrote:

paul_pipkin;324234 wrote:

You are going to have a GREAT day Paul but you need to wake up early !!!  Poor me, need to work ! 

Waking up is no problem. Actually, I will have to leave for a VITAL meeting about 30 mins after Masha is scheduled on court. I should be able to catch Elena, however--assuming there is no rain delay.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
benji-kenji
#193 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 6:32:30 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Maria needs to envision herself like when she shocked the bull in 2004 wimbledon.... There should be no pressure on her now after all these losses all these years! What has she got to lose? I can see the last 7-8 times Maria played Serena that she had so much pressure on her to the point that she couldn't freely swing the balls... everything's so tense and laborious. Maybe in her mind, she thinks she should beat Serena, thus the tremendous pressure. Maria needs to be relaxed, fearless, happy go lucky, and carefree and shifts the pressure on Serena nowadays. It must be a mental block! To be fair, Serena these days is better than she's ever been, how is that even possible? I believe Maria needs to be even fitter and stronger... why not go on a diet and turns herself into a machine/robot on the tennis court? The question is how much does she want it? There's always a price for everything! If maria is content with a slam every few years, photoshoots, and selling candies, then who are we to talk? I feel Maria's problem is her serve still... She needs to have 100% confidence in her second serve and I don't think she's there yet.... especially when she plays Serena, there's so much pressure to break Serena's serve that it spreads into her own serves... then the rest of her game falls apart. One more thing: Maria's problem with Serena is Maria herself.... Serena is just so jealous of Maria's popularity that she makes a point to beat Maria every time just to prove who's the better player. Let's face it: Maria has 10million fans on her FB while Serena with all those slams barely has 1.5 or so millions. All the sponsors are flocking to Maria with big dollars and everything... Now the Tennis Channel will have this Maria Sharapova social network... Imagine how Serena will feel about that. Serena just cannot deal with being second in anything! And in the marketability and popularity area, Serena is just no comparison to Maria. That's the root of the problem for Maria when they step on the tennis court. But let's get back to tomorrow's final, strange things happen, just like that 2004 Wimbledon final... There's always a chance for everyone... It's a new day, a new match, a new hope. So, let's channel some good vibes for Maria. Good luck!

1 user thanked benji-kenji for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 6/7/2013(UTC)
benji-kenji
#194 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 6:38:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
And let's not ever forget this: Maria is in the history book with the career slams... How many players can say that they've done that? So Maria, everything from now on is bonus and extra layers of success on what you've already achieved, so no pressure: Swing away!!!!! You can tackle that bully :)
1 user thanked benji-kenji for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 6/7/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#195 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 7:06:50 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

MARIA SHARAPOVA (THE SIBERIAN TIGRESS) IS BACK TO DEFEND HER TITLE IN PARIS...

Maria has 50% chance to win the final, it is not only a question of strength but also a question of a strategy...

Old loses are also a good experiences in tennis....

GOD BLESS MARIA...

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 6/8/2013(UTC), frida on 6/8/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#196 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 1:47:25 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

How exactly does a player who has lost 12 straight times to another, with most of the losses in convincing
fashion, go about figuring out a way to turn the tide?

That is the dilemma that defending champion Maria Sharapova faces in the lead-up to her final against Serena Williams.

Williams has taken out Sharapova three times this year at Doha, Miami and Madrid. Sharapova played her close for about two and half sets of the seven they played in 2013, winning the first set of their clash in the Miami final only for Serena to hang a bagel on her in the final set. Four-time Grand Slam champion Sharapova has a 2-13 record against Williams, with her two wins coming into 2004 in the final of Wimbledon, which was her coming out party as an elite player, and in the finals of the WTA Championships. Since then, it's been all Serena, all the time.

“I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bother me,” the 26-year-old Sharapova said of her record against Williams. “I don't think that it would be a pretty competitive statement if I said it didn't. I would love to change that around. Obviously whatever I did in the past hasn't worked, so I'll have to try to do something different. I'm proud of the way that I came through this tournament. I have given myself a chance to face the favorite.”

Exactly what she can do differently is up to debate, but Sharapova’s former coach, Michael Joyce, does have some ideas.

“Maria is way too predictable against Serena. She never serves at her body anymore and plays her forehand way too much,” he said. “She never hits hard down the middle anymore. It’s not a good match up for her no matter what. Serena is just much better, but Maria has got to give herself a shot. When Maria she was 17 and 18, she was two or three steps faster and defended much better. She may never be able to do that again. Of course when you lose to someone for almost 10 years in a row it’s going become a little mental, but I think most of the mental is because Serena is the only player she can’t dictate to and play the way she wants all the time.”

While Joyce says that Sharapova needs to play her straight-ahead “first strike tennis” power game, he also added that she can’t be so predictable. Serena not only owns the world’s biggest service but is also a lethal returner, as Sara Errani found out when she only managed to win a single game against the 15-time Grand Slam champion in the semis. Sharapova also doesn't go into Williams’ forehand often enough with her own forehand, but perhaps she will on Saturday given that it was that tactic that helped her repel Victoria Azarenka in the semis.

“Even though Serena is a little weaker on her forehand she knows Maria goes there all the time and she waits on it and angles Maria off court,” Joyce said. “I remember when she was younger, the game plan was to go the first couple balls hard down the middle and take the running out of the game some. Also she was serving at least 70 percent to Serena’s body to try getting control of her serve. The problem is the way Maria plays is going to work against almost everyone except Azarenka at times and then Serena, and it’s so tough for her to get out of that way of playing. Then she panics and that's when the mental kicks in.”

The pair have never faced off at Roland Garros, which Sharapova can look at as a positive. But most importantly, she has to play well against Williams, which she rarely does while Serena – who some believe is still seething about her loss to the then 17-year-old Sharapova at Wimbledon in 2004 – usually plays brilliantly against her.

“I don't feel like I have taken my chances and opportunities,” Sharapova said. “When you give a player that is up all the time (a chance), whether it's a break or [she] feels like [she’s] constantly getting second serves or is able to rip every ball because there's nothing on your ball, she does extremely well when she's in that position. Why shouldn't she? I haven't really taken my chances. And against a player like her, the few that you have change that around, put something a little bit more in their mind than maybe they're just steamrolling.”

Given that Serena has won 30 consecutive matches and that it has been her primary goal this season to win her second Roland Garros crown, even if Sharapova mixes things up and plays at her A-level, it may not be enough, because Williams’ A-level has proven to be better than the rest of the tour’s since she won her first major at the 1999 US Open. But the Russian cannot afford to think that way.

“Despite that record and despite me being unsuccessful against her, I believe that I'm happy to be setting up chances to be going out and facing her, someone that's been playing and dominating tennis for almost a year now," Sharapova said. “Her success has been incredible. But going into a French Open final, that doesn't matter. It all starts from zero. You've got to play until the last point and believe in yourself.”

CROUCHING TIGER
#198 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:12:51 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

This picture will be taken in about 5-6 hours; yes...call it sci-fi:) DAVAI MASHA !!!

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 6/8/2013(UTC)
midaso
#199 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:14:14 AM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Starts in a bit under an hour. I'm really sorry for all of us about what's about to happen,but oh well,we'll get over it,it's happened plenty of times before...

CROUCHING TIGER
#200 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 8:19:38 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Up to MISSION SEVEN...DAVAI MASH !!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#201 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 9:56:02 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

All it took was a break; fantastic match...HEAD UP MASHA !!!