logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<1617181920>»
Maria Kirilenko
Dartagnan
#341 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:22:53 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

After game with "ovi":)

Dartagnan: Ovi is the ice hockey player who gives 100% of his health to ice hockey GAMES...

The way he plays ice hockey shows us that he gives 100 % of his life to ice hockey...

Alex has recently been injured, he didn't notice it...

Does your injured leg bother you?
It's okay.

And what about the size of a boot? Is it hard to walk?
I was just given this huge walker-boot. They couldn't find anything else and now there is no reason to change. The first two minutes it was painful, uncomfortable, but then I found the correct angle to place the foot on the ground, got used to it. Now I am even ready to dance.

So, it seems like you have committed a heroic act coming to Helsinki in the quarter-finals vs US with a broken foot, haven't you?
Well I did not know that the injury was so serious. I thought it was a bruise. The doctors told me to do x-ray, but I kept putting it off. Like, when it'd be over, then I would.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

4 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
nazanine on 6/2/2013(UTC), frida on 6/2/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 6/2/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/18/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#343 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 5:57:54 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Russian Tennis Star Kirilenko: 'My Time Has Come'

Maria Kirilenko

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
4 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
nazanine on 6/2/2013(UTC), frida on 6/2/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 6/2/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/18/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#344 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 6:17:12 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Russian Tennis Star Kirilenko: 'My Time Has Come'

Maria Kirilenko

Dartagnan: Do you think that Maria Sharapova is better in tennis because she is taller than Maria Kirilenko?

I don't think so. I think Maria Sharapova is better in tennis because she has a real talent in this sport. 

You can be shorter and good in tennis if you have a real talent in this sport. 

A talent doesn't mean that you are born with a talent, that mean you work harder than others during your training so you increase your level in tennis at each tournament. 

Maria Sharapova has always worked harder than other tennis players since she was 4 years old, that is why she is better today. 

A GOOD WORK IS ALWAYS A REWARD... 

French Open: Kirilenko Beats Voegele, Moves to Fourth Round

MOSCOW, June 1 (R-Sport) – Maria Kirilenko overcame a tough first set to defeat Stefanie Voegele in the third round of the French Open on Saturday.

Kirilenko battled Voegele, the world No. 56, to a 7-6 (7-3) first set in 55 minutes before putting away her opponent 7-5 in the final 71-minute set at Roland Garros.

It will be Kirilenko’s third fourth-round appearance in nine chances at the French Open as the Russian world No. 12 takes on American Bethanie Mattek-Sands, who defeated Paula Ormaecha earlier Saturday.

Maria Sharapova also moved to the fourth round on Saturday with a win over China’s Jie Zheng. The defending French Open champion and world No. 2 next faces Sloane Stephens, the world No. 17.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

4 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER
#345 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:29:14 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding
U CAN DO IT KIRI...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 6/18/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#346 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:34:49 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

MOSCOW, June 1 (R-Sport) – Maria Kirilenko overcame a tough first set to defeat Stefanie Voegele in the third round of the French Open on Saturday.

Kirilenko battled Voegele, the world No. 56, to a 7-6 (7-3) first set in 55 minutes before putting away her opponent 7-5 in the final 71-minute set at Roland Garros.

It will be Kirilenko’s third fourth-round appearance in nine chances at the French Open as the Russian world No. 12 takes on American Bethanie Mattek-Sands, who defeated Paula Ormaecha earlier Saturday.

Maria Sharapova also moved to the fourth round on Saturday with a win over China’s Jie Zheng. The defending French Open champion and world No. 2 next faces Sloane Stephens, the world No. 17.

nazanine on 6/5/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#347 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 10:50:37 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

76 64 and a ticket for the quarters; with Kuzi and Masha that would be THREE RUSSIAN girls in there; DAVAI IT !!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#348 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 10:52:25 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

PARIS -- Russia's Maria Kirilenko reached her first French Open quarterfinal by ending the surprising run of 67th-ranked American Bethanie Mattek-Sands with a 7-5, 6-4 victory Monday.

The 12th-seeded Kirilenko lost in the fourth round at Roland Garros in 2010 and 2011.

She trailed 4-1 at the start against Mattek-Sands, who stunned 2011 French Open champion Li Na in the second round.

But Mattek-Sands' lead began slipping away, and while ahead 5-4, she asked for medical attention. From there, Kirilenko won four games in a row.

Kirilenko, who is engaged to two-time NHL MVP Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals, also was visited by a trainer, getting a massage on her right shoulder in the second set.

Kirilenko held on, though, and faces two-time major champion Victoria Azarenka next.

frida on 6/3/2013(UTC)
frida
#349 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 11:45:15 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 674 post(s)

Kirilenko battles into last eight - and top ten?

Maria Kirilenko happy with her first round performance.

Not for nothing is Maria Kirilenko back up at an equal career-high ranking of No.12 - and with her fourth-round win over Bethanie Mattek-Sands at Roland Garros 2013, she is set to pierce the top ten for the first time. The two women battled out a gritty encounter in which short games were rare, and in the end the Russian’s superior class over the world No.66 told. Mattek-Sands will also profit in the rankings by equalling her own career best Grand Slam performance, but Kirilenko it was who progressed to the quarter-finals, winning 7-5, 6-4. Yet to drop a set, she will meet Victoria Azarenka in the last eight.

Mattek-Sands went into this match with reason to be positive. She has plenty of wins against top 20 opposition under belt – 13, actually, with the last six all on clay – and she had that tremendous second-round win here over 2001 champion Na Li. Ranked as high as No.30 two years ago, in the first half of last year she found herself frequently suffering from fatigue for no apparent reason, before being diagnosed with a whole clutch of food allergies. A change in diet paid dividends in her game: having begun 2013 down at No.173 in the world, a strong clay-court season bounced her up to No.66 on arrival here.

For Kirilenko the highlight of her 2013 season so far has been her sixth career title and her first since 2008, in Pattaya City. Having won the WTA doubles with Nadia Petrova last year, she is now focusing solely on singles and her climb up the rankings is reward for that commitment.

It was Mattek-Sands, 28, who took the initiative early on to break with the aid of an ill-timed double fault. At 4-1 she had won all her first service points, but in the following game, Kirilenko forced her way through with a crosscourt backhand volley, then levelled for 4-4. Mattek-Sands stayed in it to 5-4, when the trainer came on court and she had a medical time out. By 5-5 this was a gripping contest. Mattek-Sands saved two break points for 5-6 but couldn’t hold back a third. She got to 0-30 and had a shot for three break points but sent the ball wide. On her first set point, Kirilenko double-faulted for the fifth time – indeed her first service did not fire on all cylinders throughout the match, although her second often saved her bacon. At the second time of asking however, she forced an error from the American to bag the set after 66 minutes.

There was no let up in the second. Mattek-Sands was broken but stubbornly broke back, calling on all of the fighting spirit that she is reputed for. The long first set began to take its toll on her however, and Kirilenko duly breached her defences again. At 3-2 a reason for the Russian's misfiring service emerged when she called the trainer on court for a medical timeout to manipulate her right shoulder. The treatment turned out to be enough to ensure that no amount of attack from Mattek-Sands could level the match.

"It's good to be able to say I'm a quarter-finalist at last," said Kirilenko. But she cast doubt on whether Mattek-Sands really needed the trainer on court. "I was a bit surprised. I thought maybe she joke with me, so it was like little bit not maybe nice from her. Maybe she really had some problems. I don't know. For me, it was cold and the balls were heavy and I did funny movement in my serve so I'm going to the physio. Hopefully it's ok."

Kirilenko will need to serve way better than this against Azarenka if she is to win through to her career first Grand Slam semi-final, but at the age of 26 she is on the brink of becoming a top ten player at last.

4 users thanked frida for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 6/3/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 6/3/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/5/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/18/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#350 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 7:56:40 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

French Open: Kirilenko Reaches Quarterfinals

Maria Kirilenko

“I was unsatisfied with my performance against Mattek-Sands,” Kirilenko said. “But I understand that I can’t win every time showing my best tennis, sometimes you should win with your teeth clenched.”

“I should be good in all components against Azarenka, so I have a chance to beat her,” Kirilenko said. “Today I didn’t manage to watch her match. But she has been playing for many years and I know her very well, so I probably wouldn’t have seen anything new anyway.”

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/3/2013(UTC), frida on 6/4/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#351 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:52:49 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

The number of former champions left in the French Open women's draw is down to three after third seed Victoria Azarenka beat Francesca Schiavone to reach the quarter-finals.

Schiavone was a surprise champion in 2010 and then made the final again a year later, losing to China's Li Na.

But her rather old school style of tennis, using spins and slices to pull her opponent around the court, was no match for Azarenka's power, speed and consistency, and the Australian Open champion triumphed 6-3 6-0.

It was a good contest for six games but once Azarenka got her nose in front there was no stopping her.

The third seed has never previously been beyond the quarter-finals at Roland Garros but will be a hot favourite to reach at least the semis here with either Bethanie Mattek-Sands or Maria Kirilenko next up.

Schiavone's defeat leaves defending champion Maria Sharapova in the bottom half of the draw while former winners Serena Williams and Svetlana Kuznetsova meet in the last eight in the top half.

Sharapova was uncomfortable on clay for a long time but has improved so much that she won the title last year, and Azarenka believes she is on the right track.

She said: "I think I'm learning more now and I'm adjusting much better. There's no doubt it's been always the most challenging (surface) for me, but I feel like I'm finally understanding what I need to do to improve.

"I feel it's a process, but I'm on the right way. That's the most important for me, to it take step by step. I hope I'm playing better than before because otherwise that would be a step back.

"But I'm happy with the way my progress is going and we'll see what happens next."

Kirilenko will take on Azarenka in the last eight after ending the run of Mattek-Sands with a 7-5 6-4 victory.

The American made the last 16 for the first time at Roland Garros, knocking out former champion Li Na in round two, but will go no further.

Mattek-Sands called for the doctor in the first set after complaining of feeling unwell, while 12th seed Kirilenko also took a medical time-out for treatment to her right shoulder in the second set but came through.

The Russian has reached the quarter-finals in Paris for the first time and will look for a third win from six meetings with Azarenka.

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 6/4/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/5/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#352 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 10:17:00 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

OUTSTANDING FIGHT KIRI !!!

paul_pipkin on 6/5/2013(UTC), frida on 6/5/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#353 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 10:40:57 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/i3api0R0Vig

Earlier interview...on Monday MARIA KIRILENKO enters the TOP-10

after a fantastic GRAND SLAM...

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/5/2013(UTC), frida on 6/5/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/5/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#354 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:38:47 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Maria Kirilenko Is In the Top 10, Let’s Party!!!

http://www.changeoverten...top-10-lets-make-party/

paul_pipkin on 6/6/2013(UTC), frida on 6/6/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#355 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:22:22 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Lenochka before entering the 40th WTA anniversary-ceremony

CROUCHING TIGER
#356 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 11:57:27 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

(from twitter)...sorry about that post of Elena, bit too fast there:)lol

Dartagnan on 6/16/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/18/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#358 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 6:52:30 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Dartagnan: Maria Kirilenko has a new tennis coach: Alex Ovechkin...

Alex Ovechkin is a strict coach.  You have to work hard with him...

Ovechkin tweeting some fun at French Open

If you’re looking to get a glimpse of Alex Ovechkin and his walking boot, you might want to check out the French Open, where his fiancée, Maria Kirilenko, has reached the quarterfinals for the first time in her tennis career.

Ovechkin [@ovi8] and Kirilenko [@mkirilenko] have been posting tweets about their stay in Paris, including this one with Ovechkin in the referee’s chair at Roland Garros. [Notice his rainbow sneaker and booted left foot.]

The 12th-ranked Kirilenko will face two-time major champion Victoria Azarenko in the quarterfinals. 

As for Ovechkin’s willingness to play with the non-displaced fracture in Russia’s loss to the U.S. in the World Hockey Championships two days after the Caps were eliminated, the Caps’ captain tweeted, “It was our play off [and] my country!! I be ready to start train for next season very soon like normal ))))!!! along with this photo.

If his foot heals properly, Ovechkin should be able to remove the boot sometime near the end of next week and begin his summer workout program after that.

Ovechkin and Kirilenko have been mum about their wedding plans, including when and where they will exchange their vows.

http://www.csnwashington...ing-some-fun-french-open

Alex Ovechkin recently broke his leg during a ice hockey game...

MOSCOW, June 16 (RIA Novosti) - Washington Capitals superstar Alexander Ovechkin has won Hart Trophy as the NHL's most valuable player for the third time during his eight-season career in the league, the NHL said on its website.

Ovechkin won back-to-back Hart Trophies in 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons, and now joins the company of such NHL superstars as Bobby Orr, Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky, who have won at least three MVP awards during their careers.

The announcement came on Saturday before Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals between Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks.

Ovechkin, 27, beat out New York Islanders alternate captain John Tavares and Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby in the race for the award.

3 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 6/17/2013(UTC), frida on 6/17/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/18/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#357 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:13:46 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

MARIA KIRILENKO ON WATCHING OVECHKIN PLAY

http://www.csnwashington...ching-ovechkin-play.htm?

MARIA KIRILENKO BIOGRAPHY

Coached by father, Yuri Kirilenko ... Mother's name is Olga; engaged to NHL player Alexander Ovechkin ... Started playing at age 7 when father introduced her to game at Dinamo Moscow Central Stadium ... Favorites include movies Barber of Siberia and Story of a Knight, classical music (especially Vivaldi, Mozart, Bach or Beethoven), books The Three Musketeers, Twenty Years After, Notre-Dame de Paris, White Fang and short stories by O'Henry ... Speaks Russian and English ... Also enjoys soccer ... Relaxes by reading books, watching movies, fishing, cooking ... Tennis players most admired are Roger Federer and Jennifer Capriati for on-court style and attitude.

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com...nko#sthash.m3QrXn7u.dpuf

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

(from twitter)...sorry about that post of Elena, bit too fast there:)lol

3 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 6/17/2013(UTC), frida on 6/17/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/18/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#359 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:10:52 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.thetennisspace.com/how-to/

HOW TO?...some pre-Wimbly trivia while Kiri conquers Eastbourne...DAVAI !!!

Alireza on 6/18/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#360 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:14:07 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Enjoy...i'm off:)

CROUCHING TIGER
#361 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:36:29 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

GREAT WIN from KIRI & WICKY; and yes they'll play eachother now...curious:)

Alireza on 6/19/2013(UTC)