logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<23456>»
Roland Garros 2013
deadchip
#62 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:11:10 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hey there Midaso!!! I think you may be right about Serena being motivated to keep playing by hatred for Maria and I hear ya about not having any Williamsless time in her career for her to dominate.
Good job by both my gals today and now they have to play each other, bummer. Go Genie!!! Weird....
Masha is my #1!!
Philli Wan
#65 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:26:02 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

well, well well. look who's back. Philli Wan allowed a small, smile like grin, to cross her lips.

I couldn't stand to watch the second set of the match last evening.  I could not stand to see and hear her deliberately using her new distraction technique to win points.  And cheating Thomas sitting there watching and listening to see how his new idea was working.  Upon serve, now, not a peep comes out of her mouth until the ball has crossed the net and has bounced just before her opponent is due to return it.  Look at the pics Tiger posted..she is biting her lips to keep her mouth shut on serve and in all the slow mo pics that were shown she is deliberately keeping that big gob of hers shut until the ball is right over the net.  That  late shrieking is what lost Serena Williams a point against Sam Stosur at the US Open.  Something is not right here.   She doesn't need to use cheating tactics against qualifiers.  I am getting to the point where I detest her and his methods of playing Tennis.  Almost makes me look forward to seeing her get thrashed by Serena

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 5/28/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#67 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:42:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Sharapova delighted to be able to finish first round match

http://www.live-tennis.c...ound-match-201305270030/

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#68 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:11:11 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

PARIS—Serving well, Maria Sharapova began her French Open title defense with a 6-2, 6-1 victory over 42nd-ranked Hsieh Su-wei of Taiwan on Monday.

The second-seeded Sharapova did not face a break point during the 54-minute match on Court Suzanne Lenglen, in part because she did not double-fault once and won 89 percent of her first-serve points.

She dictated the action, compiling a 25-8 edge in winners, including the backhand she hit to end the match.

A year ago, Sharapova won the championship at Roland Garros to complete a career Grand Slam, adding to her titles from Wimbledon in 2004, the U.S. Open in 2006, and the Australian Open in 2008.

She has won 37 of her past 38 first-round matches at major tournaments !!!

(to Philli Wan with a GUYLIAN GRIN:)

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 5/28/2013(UTC)
matchpoint
#69 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:33:26 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

So she won? That's great, just great. Does anyone have a link to the replay? There is nothing on YT.

Thanks.

paul_pipkin
#63 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:25:01 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: deadchip Go to Quoted Post
Hey there Midaso!!! I think you may be right about Serena being motivated to keep playing by hatred for Maria and I hear ya about not having any Williamsless time in her career for her to dominate.
Good job by both my gals today and now they have to play each other, bummer. Go Genie!!! Weird....

But as we were talking in Shoutbox, that's a good thing: win for Masha, global exposure for Eugenie, and another Battle of the Blondes for us. lol!  

For those others who don't know, Midaso was a major player on the previous forum & the inception of the present one. Great to hear from the Kiwi again!  

Midaso, ask Deychen to come around. We miss her too. Tiger is in contact with Amarylis on Facebook. (The old guy here still don't tweet or book--I DO text now, however. lol)

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 5/28/2013(UTC)
frida
#64 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:04:33 AM(UTC)
frida

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)

http://ds3.ds.static.rtbf.be/article/big_sport/1/5/9/624_341_6e21d07cda40aa24a96ab828c48ef88d-1339507997.jpg

Triumphant Return For Sharapova

Maria Sharapova was on her game in the first match of her French Open title defense, blasting 25 winners in 54 minutes to beat Hsieh Su-Wei in straight sets. Next up? Eugenie Bouchard.

Maria Sharapova made a winning start to her French Open title defense on Monday, blasting 25 winners in 54 minutes to overcome the tricky Su-Wei Hsieh in her first round match.

The No.2-seeded Sharapova had no trouble with Hsieh's mix of spins and angles, compiling a +6 differential - 25 winners, 19 unforced errors - en route to a routine 6-2 6-1 win over the Taiwanese.

It was a very impressive display considering she had withdrawn from her last event due to illness.

"The most important thing after Rome was just to get my energy back," Sharapova commented. "Obviously it wasn't fun getting sick and having to pull out of the tournament, so I wanted to come to Paris and just try to get that energy and spark back. When I wasn't feeling well it was tough to be out on the court. It was really nice to recharge again over the last week and get back out there today."

Sharapova was asked how different it feels to be here as the defending champion this time around.

"It does feel different. This morning I went to the park a little early because I knew I had a long day. I was just sitting there and I remember myself sitting in the same position there last year, thinking of where I was in my life and my career. You think back to those moments and go through the changes and the additions and the minuses and all the things you have in your life, and at the end of the day I'm still doing the same thing. And I love it just as much, which puts a big smile on my face.

"And you're not dreading to think about how in a few hours you're going to be on one of the center courts and playing in front of thousands of people. That still just gets me really excited."

Next up for Sharapova will be Canadian teenager Eugenie Bouchard who regrouped to beat Tsvetana Pironkova , 6-1 7-6(2). Bouchard originally led 61 52 but had to stay out there a little bit longer.

"I might have lost focus a little bit, but she definitely raised her level," Bouchard said. "She started serving much better and was holding a little easier. But I stayed calm. I knew I was playing well. I knew I could close the second set. At 5-all I had a good hold then played pretty well in the tie-break."

Bouchard is coming off her best ever week, having reached her first WTA semifinal in Strasbourg.

"I had a good preparation tournament in Strasbourg," Bouchard said. "I feel like I'm playing really well right now. It's not surprising to me because I know I can play this well. I feel like with the match play last week I got good experience under my belt. I feel really good in competition right now."

"I played Maria in Miami recently - I definitely plan on doing better this time," Bouchard said. "I hope it's going to be Chatrier court. It's worked all my life just for this, so it's very exciting for me."

"I've met her a few times - we actually did a shoot back in Melbourne together," Sharapova said of Bouchard. "She seems like a very nice girl, and she obviously has a great game and is one to watch.

"We played against each other in Miami. It was a good performance by me, but when you're at that point in your career, every month is a learning experience. I'm sure she's looking forward to it."

5 users thanked frida for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 5/28/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 5/28/2013(UTC), deadchip on 5/28/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 5/28/2013(UTC), nazanine on 5/30/2013(UTC)
Imnumber2
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:27:05 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: midaso Go to Quoted Post
Hey Paul,more draw rigging here at RG? Notice how pretty much EVERY single player who could even have a REMOTE chance of beating bloody Serena is on the other side of the draw - Li Na,Jankovic,Stosur,Vika,Maria. I just can't believe we're still talking about Serena f**king Williams all the way into 2013. Only a few more years to go,but the problem is Maria only has a few years as well. Back in 05/06 we were counting on Maria being able to dominate a couple of years post Williams but now she won't even get that. All because this f**king animal is so greedy and loves picking on girls a lot smaller than her. They're so overmatched physically,it's just not a fair game. Either this b1tch is pumped up on steroids or she's a hell of a genetic anomaly.

Hey Midaso, it's nice to hear from you!!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
CROUCHING TIGER
#70 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:13:30 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

Remember the "Karate Kid"...no sweep, no good tennis:)

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
deadchip on 5/28/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 5/28/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#72 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:17:31 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

MISSION TWO : Eugenie BOUCHARD (Canada)...if u accept the mission, Miss Sharapova, it's to erase this spy !!!

Imnumber2
#71 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:03:33 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

Remember the "Karate Kid"...no sweep, no good tennis:)

LOL!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
1 user thanked Imnumber2 for this useful post.
deadchip on 5/28/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#66 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:26:46 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

well, well well. look who's back. Philli Wan allowed a small, smile like grin, to cross her lips.

I couldn't stand to watch the second set of the match last evening.  I could not stand to see and hear her deliberately using her new distraction technique to win points.  And cheating Thomas sitting there watching and listening to see how his new idea was working.  Upon serve, now, not a peep comes out of her mouth until the ball has crossed the net and has bounced just before her opponent is due to return it.  Look at the pics Tiger posted..she is biting her lips to keep her mouth shut on serve and in all the slow mo pics that were shown she is deliberately keeping that big gob of hers shut until the ball is right over the net.  That  late shrieking is what lost Serena Williams a point against Sam Stosur at the US Open.  Something is not right here.   She doesn't need to use cheating tactics against qualifiers.  I am getting to the point where I detest her and his methods of playing Tennis.  Almost makes me look forward to seeing her get thrashed by Serena

Looks like you have recovered from being ill !!  Let me help you by reminding that there is an on/off button on your tv . Use it, then you don't have to be distracted by all of Maria's so called "tactics". If you do still want to watch, be a fan and enjoy her being out on court.

paul_pipkin
#74 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:58:07 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Wed OOP up: http://www.rolandgarros....schedule/p_schedule9.pdf Masha may be pushed to Thursday.

CROUCHING TIGER on 5/29/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#75 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:18:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Yes, Maria is not playing tomorrow !! Surprise, surprise. Thursday the weather is going to be bad so if she is not scheduled as 1st or 2nd match , it will be 2nd round on Friday ??? That's what you get if you start a GS on Sunday, schedule is a mess.
paul_pipkin
#76 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:37:09 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
Yes, Maria is not playing tomorrow !! Surprise, surprise. Thursday the weather is going to be bad so if she is not scheduled as 1st or 2nd match , it will be 2nd round on Friday ??? That's what you get if you start a GS on Sunday, schedule is a mess.

Hi, Brebis.  I just want the damn schedule resolved by the weekend so the mess doesn't screw with the Legends matches next week. I'm gonna watch Dementieva play doubles no matter who she conflicts with. lol! (She's partnered with Navratilova so confidence is high they WILL be on a show court, broadcast & thus streamed.)

CROUCHING TIGER on 5/29/2013(UTC)
appaloosa
#73 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:53:57 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

MISSION TWO : Eugenie BOUCHARD (Canada)...if u accept the mission, Miss Sharapova, it's to erase this spy !!!

Do you mind explaining the "spy" comment?  Are we now making everyone in tennis out to be evil except Maria?  Genie is a nineteen (19) year old kid from Canada, who, by the way, wears Maria's outfits.

CROUCHING TIGER
#77 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:32:12 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

LOL...i'm a filmreporter and try to put "a bit" of movietalk in my posts as above

with "The KARATE kid". The "mission" is obviously a wink to the "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE"-movies

when Hunt(Tom Cruise) gets his orders...okidoki? HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH EVIL !!!

Excuses accepted:)

CROUCHING TIGER
#78 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:01:21 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Renovation Plans in Limbo, Roland Garros Faces Future

http://www.nytimes.com/2...s-faces-future.html?_r=0

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/29/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#79 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:34:40 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Tennis_original

MISSION ONE RAPPORT

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/29/2013(UTC), raf72 on 5/29/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#80 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:56:08 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Masha & Eugenie are the third match on Chatrier Thursday: http://www.rolandgarros....chedule/p_schedule10.pdf

3 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
raf72 on 5/29/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 5/30/2013(UTC), frida on 5/30/2013(UTC)