logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Internazionali Bnl d'Italia - Rome 2013
CROUCHING TIGER
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:47:57 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Clearly a message as that other one with "US"...provocation or publicity towards the paparazzi???

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:54:36 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Sharapova rolls in Rome opener

Rome, Italy – Reigning two-time champion Maria Sharapova resumed her winning ways in Rome with an easy second-round victory Wednesday at the $2.37 million Italian Open, a clay-court French Open tune-up.

The second-seeded former world No. 1 star drilled Spanish qualifier Garbine Muguruza 6-2, 6-2 on the red clay at Foro Italico. Sharapova was last week's Madrid runner-up to the great Serena Williams.

The French Open champion Sharapova captured a second straight Italian Open title last year by beating Chinese star and former French Open titlist Li Na in the final.

Up next for Sharapova will be American slugger Sloane Stephens.

A fifth-seeded Li also reached the third round here on Wednesday by blasting fellow Chinese Zheng Jie 6-3, 6-1. The Australian Open runner-up will battle former world No. 1, two-time Rome champion and former runner-up Jelena Jankovic on Thursday. Jankovic whipped Serb Bojana Jovanovski 6-2, 6-0.

Seventh-seeded Italian crowd favorite Sara Errani, last year's Roland Garros runner-up to Sharapova, defeated American Christina McHale 7-5, 5-7, 6-2, while ninth-seeded former French Open and Rome runner-up Samantha Stosur doused Chinese Peng Shuai 7-6 (7-5), 6-0.

In other second-round action involving seeds, No. 12 Russian Maria Kirilenko mauled American Varvara Lepchenko, 6-3, 6-1; No. 13 Italian Roberta Vinci handled wild card and fellow countrywoman Nastassja Burnett 6-1, 6-4; No. 14 Slovak Dominika Cibulkova overcame American qualifier Melanie Oudin 5-7, 6-1, 6-3; and a No. 16 Stephens fought back to beat Dutchwoman Kiki Bertens 4-6, 6-3, 6-2. Cibulkova is rewarded with a third-round match against the mighty Serena.

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 5/16/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:55:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

RAIN DELAY !!! Forecast looks bad for the next days !!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:41:42 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

Masha looks fully prepared for tonight:)

3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
raf72 on 5/16/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 5/16/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 5/16/2013(UTC)
raf72
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:08:42 PM(UTC)
raf72

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Maria vs S. Errani tomorrow, not before 7.30 pm!!! :D
1 user thanked raf72 for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 5/17/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:35:58 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

Masha looks fully prepared for tonight:)

Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding on a pony,
Stuck a feather in his cap
And called it macaroni'.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 5/17/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#27 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 12:26:21 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

MISSION TWO - DONE

All kinds of bad things happen when you’re in a slump, not all of them obvious, like double-faults or errors that spin out their miserable lives in the net. There’s also a tendency, among other things, to watch rather than participate, to pull up or back out of a shot at a critical moment, to toss the service ball too low, and to rely too much on retrieving, thereby allowing your opponent to dictate.

Sloane Stephens was plagued by many of those shortcomings in her third-round match with Maria Sharapova today, and the net result was a dispiriting, one-hour and 20-minute, 6-2, 6-1 loss.

Stephens looked like the reluctant competitor as the first set began, and surrendered a break in the second game. She showed signs of wanting to get right back into it though, picking up two break points in the very next game. But Sharapova, doing what she does best—which is, go for it—fended them off with a service winner followed by what is becoming her (and everyone else’s) go-to shot, the inside-out forehand winner.

Stephens won her next game for 1-3, and continued to press Sharapova. At 30-40, the women played an intense, crisp rally that ended with a Sharapova backhand error. Stephens had broken back, but her general lack of confidence these days wasn’t easily dismissed, and it probably contributed to the fact that she was unable to keep the pace. Hitting with more power and unwavering focus, Sharapova took advantage of Stephens’ increasingly defensive posture in the next game and broke again with a backhand down-the-line winner off a slice backhand. Sharapova now led 4-2.

Although Stephens was playing reactive rather than proactive, aggressive tennis—some of which had to do with her opponent’s customary belligerence—she still managed to retrieve and rally her way to another break point with Sharapova in the next game. Stephens hit a short angle cross-court, almost a drop shot, that looked a winner, but Sharapova raced forward to make an unexpected get and dumped the reply deep enough to force an error. She went on to hold for 5-2, and broke Stephens to seal the set.

Stephens’ coach, David Nankin, trotted out to speak to his protégé, and told her that instead of 6-2, the women might still be going at it, tied at four-all. It was true, but Stephens seemed in no mood to be inspired. She complained gently about how Sharapova was finding so many lines and angles, to which Nankin provided the intelligent response: “If she can hit those, it’s just too good. Don’t worry about it.”

Sharapova opened the second set with a routine hold, after which she pressed Stephens in the ensuing game. By this time, Stephens was really counting on her retrieving ability, but the slice return of pressing, flat or topspin shots is just begging for trouble—and Sharapova is always willing to provide it.

Sharapova worked her way to deuce in that second game, but Stephens hung in there, as she would through three more deuces. After the fifth deuce, Sharapova achieved her second break point of the long game in classy fashion. Stephens tried to end a lively rally with a lovely drop shot to Sharapova’s backhand side—only to watch, helpless, as the Russian sprinted up, reached the ball with her racquet outstretched and scraping the red dirt, and dumped it parallel to the net all the way across to the far sideline.

The shot seemed to break Stephens’ spirit. Sharapova returned her next serve, and Stephens made a sloppy cross-court backhand error to surrender the break.

With the 2-0 lead, Sharapova continued to press her advantage. Her confidence, already high, continued to swell and produce stinging, deep, offensive shots that rendered even Stephens’ considerable retrieving skills moot. It was becoming ugly, but Stephens managed a face-saving hold in the sixth game before she gave up the ghost.

sarahmassimo
#28 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:26:34 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Hi to everybody, I'm Massimo from Italy, I'm in Roma today that it's 680 km far from my town in the north of Italy. After a long trip I received this news fromthe ogranization of "Internazionali di Italia di Roma": Maria retired! I have the ticket for today but without Maria I'm not interest: I' m very sick of Masha, it's not the first time!!! What's her problem?? Injury?? Boh, I'm bored and I'm very angry!!!!!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#29 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:28:21 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

FROM TWITTER !!!

I'm sorry for having to withdraw from the tournament this morning. Didn't recover after being sick last week and it got me again last night,

Maria.

Alireza on 5/17/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#31 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:29:59 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I'm sorry for having to withdraw from the tournament this morning. Didn't recover after being sick last week and it got me again last night...(twitter)

Masha pulled out !!!

sarahmassimo
#33 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:36:01 AM(UTC)

Hi to everybody,I'm Massimo from Italy, I'm in Rome today that it's 680 km far from my town in the north of Italy and I just received this news: Maria retired!!!!! I'm very sick of Masha!!! What's her problem??? A fals and fantasious injury???? I've the ticket for today but without Masha I'm not interested!!!! Who will rembours me my money??? Maria perhaps??? I'm very angry and bored!!!!!
CROUCHING TIGER
#34 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:36:24 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Sharapova pulls out of Rome event

http://archives.dawn.com/2008/05/18/spt5.htm

sarahmassimo
#30 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:37:52 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
FROM TWITTER !!!

I'm sorry for having to withdraw from the tournament this morning. Didn't recover after being sick last week and it got me again last night,

Maria.

It's a litlle bit strandge! she played well last evening and she won 6/2 6/1 and now she's sick???

sarahmassimo
#35 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:39:56 AM(UTC)

I't very strange to know that now Maria is sick, yesterday evening she played very well and she won 6/1 6/2, and now she is in no in conditions to play??? It's not reasonable!!!
CROUCHING TIGER
#36 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:48:10 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Tennis – Sharapova pulls out of Rome Open

http://www.sports247.my/...-pulls-out-of-rome-open/

CROUCHING TIGER
#37 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:57:26 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Problably afraid catching a cold over there; she's not sick...RG in a week !!!

Philli Wan
#38 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 6:45:17 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

According to Eurosport she withdrew due to physical problems. Ha.  At the end of the day, she is physically scared shitless of taking another hammering in the final from Serena.  Also, it said she wasn't feeling too well in Madrid.  Strangely enough, the time before that when she got hammered by Serena she also wasn't feeling well either.  She has already kissed this tournament win goodbye, so it looks like RG is going down the tube for her as well.

2 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
sarahmassimo on 5/17/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 5/17/2013(UTC)
sarahmassimo
#39 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:09:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

According to Eurosport she withdrew due to physical problems. Ha.  At the end of the day, she is physically scared shitless of taking another hammering in the final from Serena.  Also, it said she wasn't feeling too well in Madrid.  Strangely enough, the time before that when she got hammered by Serena she also wasn't feeling well either.  She has already kissed this tournament win goodbye, so it looks like RG is going down the tube for her as well.

I agree with you, probably she has fear to play and loose again with Serena, she's not ill, which temperature???

raf72
#41 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:39:46 AM(UTC)
raf72

But what are you saying? Fear of S. Williams? Ahahah!!!

I'm so sorry...but have a good rest and feeling well very soon, Maria! :-D
raf72
#42 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:50:30 AM(UTC)
raf72

...only S. Williams' fans could agree with you.... :D
Fear of Williams? What are you saying?

The important thing is that Maria could feel well very soon...Go Masha!!!