logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<7891011>
Roger Federer
frida
#161 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:48:38 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1670 time(s) in 674 post(s)
Congratulations to Andrew , He did a great job :) I wish a great clay court season for Roger ,I believe he'll back to No.1 again as soon as possible :)
Good luck fed ;) Madrid is coming :)
2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 4/3/2013(UTC), nazanine on 5/30/2013(UTC)
frida
#162 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:47:57 AM(UTC)
frida

Roger Federer in an exclusive interview to Rene Stauffer (the world renowned author of Roger Federer's autobiography "Quest for Perfection"), Federer clarified that he will be playing at Swiss Indoors, Basel 2013 without any contract. He plays Basel because of the love for Fans & his love for Basel.

Also, Federer talked about his back issues and his training schedules and if playing in more tournaments was an option for him as his current Race to London (Year to date) Ranking is currently 8th. Also, Federer talked about having to miss tournaments in Asia and Bercy Masters (Paris) 2013 because of his commitment to play at Swiss Indoors, Basel.

Rene Stauffer (RS): You are in the midst of a nearly two-month break from competition. What do you do in this time?

Roger Federer (RF) : First, I recovered from the tournaments in Rotterdam, Dubai and Indian Wells. I had a short vacation, but after nine days I began to work again. Three weeks I did not do nothing. I am back after a long time back in Switzerland & doing physical training, also I am practicing tennis again.

RS: Despite the bad weather, how right is to practice in Switzerland, just before the clay season?

RF: Because I have been working on a lot of fitness, the weather was not a big problem for me. So far I have played twice in a balloon shed on sand (clay court) & also practiced on hard courts.

That is why I am pleased that it is getting warmer on the weekend, then I can start out to train hard. Over the next few weeks, the training is going to get more intense. Would be important for me before the tournament in Madrid (from May 5) that there are good training conditions for the last two weeks. Then it would be especially nice that the weather holds.

RS: How is your back, in Indian Wells it did handicap you, especially in the quarter-final against Rafael Nadal?

RF: I am satisfied, can do anything again. But it went longer than I had thought. I am glad that I am now back in training and can also play tennis. Indian Wells everything went so very fast. I could not get enough rest after the match against Wawrinka, and against a player like Nadal, I can not win in such a condition, I do not know what percentage I was fit. I just wanted to try it. The break came at the right moment.

RF: Exactly. Severin (Luthi) has contact with several players that are here to practice (with me). I am glad that I can perform this preparation in Switzerland. Later, Paul (Annacone) will be here in the phase in which I play four or five hours a day tennis.

RS : You have been here in Switzerland for the past 3 weeks. Enjoying your time in Switzerland?

RF: Absolutely. I have missed Switzerland in recent years. It's also nice to enjoy little time with nature, to be here to meet up with friends and family.

I could calm down a bit from the stress of everyday life on the tour & felt normal. 2012 was particularly stressful because of the Olympics. I really enjoyed the last few weeks, even if the weather was bad.

RS: On Wednesday, the next Davis Cup opponents (for World Group Play off) of Switzerland will be known. Will you be available to play in September?

Federer : We must take it as it comes. Whether I will be there, I do not know. There is still a lot of time for that.

Rene Stauffer : Another question is whether you are playing in autumn in Basel after your contract has expired (in 2012)?

Federer : Was always clear to me: I will play the Swiss Indoors 2013. I've not communicated (it to all), but now the time has come.

I've always played in Basel, in all the years when I was not hurt. Everyone knows how much this means to me, the tournament, and that's always the case. I've been there a ball boy, who once played in the qualifiers, even as a junior got a chance to play (against the legendary) Andre Agassi. I have experienced many memorable moments in this unique atmosphere with great fans, and I am extremely happy that to be able to experience this year.

Stauffer : In this year Race to London 2013 rankings, you are at unaccustomed No 8. Have you thought coming back early to play more tournaments (like Monte Carlo Masters 2013)?

Federer ::  I've actually considered it. But I have also always said that this year the training and recovery will be my main priority, and I want to go this route.

What I save on energy today, I can invest later. In the spare time in which you do not play, you can always fill your reserve tank, I've noticed this over the years. Moreover, I find that I have not played so badly.

In Australia I was good, Rotterdam (Off against Benneteau), was disappointing in Dubai I lost in the semi-final (against Berdych after having a match point), and who knows what would have happened. This phase one of the season should not be over-analyzed. And now I'm preparing to do better in the coming months.

3 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 4/11/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 5/15/2013(UTC), nazanine on 5/30/2013(UTC)
frida
#163 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 8:31:34 AM(UTC)
frida

http://www.madrid-open.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FEDERER-campeon.jpg

Let's Go Madrid ...

Alireza on 5/6/2013(UTC), nazanine on 5/30/2013(UTC)
frida
#164 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:38:24 AM(UTC)
frida

Oh my God Roger ! What happened to your hair? :D Just let them to grow again, Real Roger is who sets his hair for hundreds times in a match ! :D

You always look great, But I like your curls veeeery much :)

Alireza on 5/15/2013(UTC), nazanine on 5/22/2013(UTC)
frida
#165 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:40:49 AM(UTC)
frida

Federer comes back
Practice makes perfect. That’s what Roger Federer said after his third-round defeat to Kei Nishikori at last week’s Mutua Madrid Open. The Swiss’ words rang true on Tuesday evening at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia as he blasted aside Italian wild card Potito Starace 6-1, 6-2 in just 51 minutes.
"It was a great first round, particularly against a local hero here," said Federer. "I came out and was able to play my game and dictate at almost every point. That was a nice feeling to have. It was a very clean match, it was good from start to finish. I felt good, I moved well. Overall a great performance. I hope I can keep it up."
The 31-year-old Federer is attempting to win the elusive Rome title for the first time in 13 visits. Should he do so, he will be just three wins away from recording his 900th career victory, something only three other players have achieved: Jimmy Connors (1243), Ivan Lendl (1071) and Guillermo Vilas (924).

In beating the No. 293-ranked Starace for the seventh time in seven meetings, Federer lost only seven points on serve and broke the Italian four times. He goes on to face Gilles Simon or Mikhail Youzhny.

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 5/15/2013(UTC)
frida
#166 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:05:34 AM(UTC)
frida

Here we go again :D Another dream final is waiting us... It will be the clash of kings :D 

nazanine on 5/30/2013(UTC)
frida
#167 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:53:42 AM(UTC)
frida

http://cdn3.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article29280638.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/169054911.jpg

Well done guys  :) ;)

Alireza on 5/21/2013(UTC), nazanine on 5/22/2013(UTC)
frida
#168 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:43:04 AM(UTC)
frida

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Roger-Federer-T-shirt-French-Open-Tshirt-Tennis-Top-Swiz-Championship-2013-Paris-/00/s/NzM3WDYwMA==/z/F80AAMXQvJVRSYmp/$T2eC16hHJHoE9n3KhWq5BRSYmpFO5Q~~60_3.JPG

KarmaKrooK
#169 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:49:33 PM(UTC)
KarmaKrooK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)

Currently watching the

Federer vs. Gasquet-- Rome 2011 

game on youtube. Litterally it's tennis ballet. Both Federer and Gasquet play with such grace and finess it's beautiful, not enough to make me cry beautiful but enough to stop and smell the flowers beautiful. [Sidenote: I can just image Federer thinking to himself "Come on Frenchie, is that all you got"]

frida
#170 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:22:46 PM(UTC)
frida

http://www.extradeportes.com/futbol-f1-tennis/610x4.jpg

Started great, continue great :) 6-2 6-2 6-3

frida
#171 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:32:12 AM(UTC)
frida

Now things could get more interesting for Federer

Now things could get a little more interesting for Roger Federer. After a pair of straightforward and straight-set victories at the French Open against qualifiers ranked outside the top 150, the 17-time major champion will face a seeded player, France's Julien Benneteau, who not only already beat Federer once this year but also came within two points of upsetting him at Wimbledon, of all places, in 2012.

''I think I'm playing OK,'' Federer said in something of an understatement, considering he's dropped 11 games through six sets so far. ''Definitely think the next match is going to be sort of the big test for me, to see exactly where I stand.''

There wasn't much trouble for Federer in the second round Wednesday, when he beat two-time NCAA singles champion Somdev Devvarman 6-2, 6-1, 6-1 in less than 1 1/2 hours.

It really was something of a laugher, especially with Federer serving at 4-0 in the final set. He hit a first serve well out, and both players waited for the linesman to make a call - which he finally did, albeit after a long delay. Federer and Devvarman chuckled, looked at each other, and chuckled some more. As Federer prepared to hit his second serve, he needed to pause because he couldn't regain his composure.

Otherwise, little bothered Federer.

''You obviously know he's capable of doing certain things, and you try and make life as tough for him as possible,'' said Devvarman, who played college tennis at Virginia. ''In my case today, I didn't execute. And sometimes even when I did, I feel like he came up with the better shot.''

Federer accumulated a 54-12 edge in winners, in part by moving forward to the net on 30 points.

''I'm happy that I was playing offensive and aggressive tennis in the first two matches, because I had the opportunity, but I didn't back off and start to play passive tennis and wait for mistakes. So I took it to my opponent,'' said Federer, the 2009 French Open champion. ''But really, I think I'll only know more after the Benneteau match, to be quite honest.''

Then again, Benneteau might not quite be the same guy who took the first two sets against Federer before losing in five on the grass of the All England Club nearly a year ago. Or the one who has beaten Federer twice in six meetings, including 6-3, 7-5 in February on an indoor hard court at Rotterdam, Netherlands.

The 30th-seeded Benneteau dealt with pain in his thigh Wednesday during a topsy-turvy 7-6 (9), 7-5, 5-7, 0-6, 6-4 win against Tobias Kamke of Germany. Ahead by two sets and at 5-all in the third, Benneteau dropped 10 games in a row before righting himself.

Tennis: French Open-Federer vs Devvarman

frida
#172 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:49:54 PM(UTC)
frida

Tennis: French Open-Federer vs Tsonga

5-7 3-6 3-6.  Congratulations Jo Good luck in semi finals

nazanine on 6/5/2013(UTC)
frida
#173 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 3:17:08 AM(UTC)
frida

Federer/Haas To Make Team Debut In Halle

Good friends Roger Federer and Tommy Haas will make their team debut at the Gerry Weber Open this week. The two have drawn two-time Grand Slam champions Jurgen Melzer and Philipp Petzschner in the first round.

“I think he was looking to play doubles and knew that I was also looking. We talked about it and he was ready to go, so I’m very excited about it,” said Haas.

“It’s our first time playing together. It's great to do this at this time in our careers. I hope we can focus, as we’ll probably have too much of a good time out there. It will be nice to play in front of some very enthusiastic fans and have a good doubles match, against Melzer and Petzschner, who are Grand Slam champions. It should be fun.”

Federer and Haas have combined to win eight titles at the ATP World Tour 250 grass-court event in Halle, with the Swiss winning five singles trophies and one doubles crown and the German triumphing twice in singles. Haas topped Federer in last year’s final.

The 31-year-old Federer will play his first doubles match since Switzerland’s Davis Cup World Group Play-off last year against the Netherlands. His latest doubles title came at the 2008 Beijing Olympics with countryman Stanislas Wawrinka.

The 35-year-old Haas is aiming to capture his second doubles trophy, having partnered Radek Stepanek to the 2009 San Jose crown. He has played doubles at eight tournaments this year.
nazanine on 6/10/2013(UTC)
frida
#174 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:44:08 AM(UTC)
frida

'Fresh' Federer: 'Best Is Yet To Come'
Five-time champion Roger Federer is excited to be back at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, a tournament he considers one of his “favourites” on the ATP World Tour due to the tranquillity it offers to players seeking a change from the urban life.

“The moment we arrive here is always great because we leave the big city and come to the countryside – sort of,” said Federer.

“We do miss that on the Tour. Here you’re quickly in the nature which is great for the family. I can focus on my tennis, the distances are short, I can recover, relax, don’t lose any precious time with transportation. Whatever I do here is very well organised. The people already know but I really like coming back here. I want to be successful so I can enjoy the match courts as long as possible.”

Federer is coming off a quarter-final showing at Roland Garros. The 31 year old is looking forward to the rest of the year, given his past success on grass, the North American summer hard-court swing and the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

“I have the feeling that the best part of the season is yet to come,” Federer said. “I do hope that the second half of the season will be better... I only draw the balance at the end of the year or after the US Open. Now, I’m fully on the Tour, am fresh and eager, having fun and am happy to play matches instead of being on the practice courts all the time.”
nazanine on 6/13/2013(UTC)
frida
#175 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:48:44 AM(UTC)
frida

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/B1A1565BE77C42F281488D8EEF505571.ashx

nazanine on 6/13/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/13/2013(UTC)
frida
#176 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:11:39 AM(UTC)
frida

Federer Records Special Win In Halle; Plays Haas In Repeat Of 2012 Final

Roger Federer recorded the second 6-0, 6-0 victory of his career on Friday.

The top seed required just 40 minutes to beat Mischa Zverev at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle.

“It’s not something that is easy to do. You never anyway go into a match aiming for that score,” Federer said. “Eventually you start feeling that there is an opportunity maybe and even then it’s not what you really want to think about because at the end of the day you just want to win the match and not start thinking too far ahead and then it comes back and gets you. I was very surprised today that it happened, especially on the grass.”

Federer, 31, has played 1,107 tour-level matches (902-205) since turning professional in 1998. He also beat Gaston Gaudio 6-0, 6-0 at the 2005 Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai (now known as the ATP World Tour Finals).

The Swiss is making his 11th appearance at the ATP World Tour 250 grass-court tournament in Halle (41-5 record). He has won five titles from seven finals.

Federer will next meet third seed and defending champion Tommy Haas. Haas beat Federer in the 2012 title match, but trails the Swiss 10-3 in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series.

“I’m really looking forward to it obviously. It’s one of these biggest challenges you can ask for. So, I’m really pleased that I put myself in this position to be playing here in front of a sensational crowd. I definitely will have to have a good game plan, play really solid good percentage tennis and so does he. I think whoever wins the bigger points tomorrow and is a little bit more alert in the crucial points will win the match.”

Haas withstood 14 aces from the racquet of Gael Monfils in a 6-7(4), 6-3, 6-3 win over one hour and 54 minutes.

For the second straight year, the tournament will feature four semi-finalists with one-handed backhands.

Alireza on 6/15/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/15/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#178 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:08:56 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Roger reached to final match of Gerry Weber Open by victory over Tommy Hass, 3-6 6-3 6-4

He will play against Youzhny in final match! Youzhny beat Gasquet in an easy match, 6-3 6-2!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
2 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 6/15/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/15/2013(UTC)
frida
#177 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:17:47 AM(UTC)
frida

Federer Beats Haas In 2012 Final Repeat

World No. 3 Roger Federer avenged his defeat to Tommy Haas in last year’s Gerry Weber Open final on Saturday. The Swiss advanced to his eighth successive final in Halle with a 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory in the semi-finals.

The 31-year-old Federer is bidding to win his first ATP World Tour title of the season and will face Mikhail Youzhny in Sunday’s final at this ATP World Tour 250 grass-court tennis tournament.

"It would be very nice to win any title during the season, because it gives you incredible confidence," said Federer. "You know that you're on the right track, you know you're doing the right things, the hard work is paying off and your scheduling seems to make sense. Winning tournaments is everything. For me, it would be great to win the final. It comes at the right time. If I don't, I know I can still build on something because I've had a good few weeks so far. But, no doubt about it, I'll try everything in my power to win tomorrow."

Having finished runner-up in 2010 (l. to Hewitt) and 2012, Federer is looking to reclaim the trophy he won from 2003-06 and 2008. He is 12-4 in grass-court finals, having also won The Championships at Wimbledon seven times, including last year (d. Murray).

Federer improved to an 11-3 FedEx ATP Head2Head record over Haas as he rallied from a set down for victory in one hour and 38 minutes. The Basel native, who joined with Haas for the first time in doubles this week – they lost in the first round – was broken in the sixth game of the first set as he lost the opener. But he quickly wrestled momentum from Haas, racing to a 3-0 second set lead before levelling the match. Another early break in the third set paid dividends for Federer as he unseated the defending champion.

"It was a great match for me to play and then also to win," said Federer. "Tommy can play really well here. We saw that last year here and in previous years he’s also been successful. I’m very happy that I was able to maintain really a high level of play. 

"After losing the first set, there’s not that much margin anymore. I think he won most of the big points in the first set. Then in the second and third I was able to turn it around and win the big points myself. So, it was a big, good win for me. And I thought the quality was also extremely high."

Both Federer and Haas are coming off quarter-final exits at Roland Garros, Federer losing to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Haas falling to Novak Djokovic . Federer improved to a 25-7 match record on the season, highlighted by a runner-up showing at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia in Rome (l. to Nadal), while Haas, victor at the BMW Open in Munich (d. Kohlschreiber), dropped to a 27-11 mark.

"It was a very close match, a very good match," said Haas. "At the beginning of the second set, he was trying to be a little bit more aggressive. He played some really great points and deserved to break me early on. He started serving very well and didn't give me many chances to try and break him. Once he starts running ahead, he's very hard to catch up, especially on grass.

Halle is Roger's favorite warm up before Wimbledon, four of his seven Wimbledon titles, came after winning Halle.

Over 30s: Federer beats Haas to reach Halle final

Alireza on 6/15/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/15/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#179 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:24:31 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Tommy Hass showed a good performance against Roger and won the first set! But It was Roger's experience helped him to win the match! Experience is a wonderful gun anywhere

Hope to see a good final match :)

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
2 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
nazanine on 6/15/2013(UTC), frida on 6/15/2013(UTC)
frida
#180 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:51:16 AM(UTC)
frida

I think it wasn't experience that helped Roger to overcome Tommy, you know Tommy is even older than Roger and played a lot of matches against prominent players on tour during seasons and he exactly knows what to do. Yes, it's true, experience is a great advantage , but personally I think Roger is still fighting for more success ! I mean his thirst for success helped him. He doesn't look like a 31 year old player, he has spirit of a 21 year old player. He always tries to keep his health and power,and I believe he'll continue long years on this form :) Time doesn't affect on him :D

nazanine on 6/15/2013(UTC), Alireza on 6/16/2013(UTC)