logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Mutua Madrid Open - 2013
CROUCHING TIGER
#101 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:43:16 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22501208

Missed it all; saw yesterday they played in the afternoon...maybe a good thing after all...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Philli Wan
#103 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:31:40 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

No less than I expected really.  It was a foregone conclusion.  Maria played like a qualifier ranked in the 100s, not as the number 2 player.  The quality of play between the two of them was miles apart...not even close for a number 1 and a number 2. 

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 5/13/2013(UTC)
frida
#104 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:49:34 AM(UTC)
frida

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Cause it was a match between a lady & a monster not world No.1 & No.2 ! Sometimes I think Serena should move to ATP instead of WTA ! She has physical power of a man, not a woman ! I still can't understand what is her goal in the end of her career, Do you know? Nop.
She can't hide THE TRUTH and cheat us...
By the way, Maria played like a serious sportman and champion, Losing a match is better than winning that with doping and...

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 5/12/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 5/12/2013(UTC)
raf72
#105 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 2:08:11 PM(UTC)
raf72

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)

Originally Posted by: frida Go to Quoted Post
Cause it was a match between a lady & a monster not world No.1 & No.2 ! Sometimes I think Serena should move to ATP instead of WTA ! She has physical power of a man, not a woman ! I still can't understand what is her goal in the end of her career, Do you know? Nop.
She can't hide THE TRUTH and cheat us...
By the way, Maria played like a serious sportman and champion, Losing a match is better than winning that with doping and...

I totally agree with you: S. Williams is a man, not a woman...and i think that an unbeatable player IS NOT A NORMAL player.

MARIA FOREVER!!!!!     

3 users thanked raf72 for this useful post.
frida on 5/12/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 5/12/2013(UTC), Alireza on 5/12/2013(UTC)
Aussie4
#106 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:01:49 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Maria played horrible.... i don't care how good Serena is. That 1st set was the worst set of tennis i've seen her play since her semi in australia.... nearly as bad as her match with safarova in stuttgart.

Dunno, maybe she needs a mental coach.
Imnumber2
#102 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:20:14 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22501208

Missed it all; saw yesterday they played in the afternoon...maybe a good thing after all...

yeah, me neither didn't watch the match but seems like Serena is in Maria's head!!! look at the photo Serena next to Maria, she is like a man!

I don't think Maria was happy with her performance.

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Alireza
#107 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:22:14 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

It's clear that a human being can't play against a cheater & monster! Serena Williams, American tennis cheater, definitely uses some special drugs! WTA managers should do something about her, Serena will win all WTA titles, so when will other WTA players become No.1? When the pigs fly! Because Serena is here, and others should fight for 2nd,3rd,4th and etc places!

It's not fair, Serena is wasting other players' time, she will win all the titles and others should just watch her, and how she's cheating!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 5/15/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#108 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 8:11:49 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
PETE KNOWS BEST...ALL about MASHA vs. SERENA and why there's no "rivalry"

http://espn.go.com/tenni...n-madrid-open?src=mobile

Thx Pete:)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Valkyre
#109 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:27:50 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Fighter Sharapova simply turns off when the player on the opposite side of the court is Serena.

I dont know why that happens, I dont know how she has allowed Serena to bully her, but it is true.

Problem is that from time to time, the real Maria Sharapova wakes up in all her matches against Serena. But in the end it doesnt last very long. Which is really weird.

I dont know what needs to be done and IF there is something that can be done at this point. But this is not Maria we all know and certainly she doesnt lack the skills to beat Serena.

All in all though she had an awesome run, and she had her best result in this tournament. Maria is consistent and 21 consecutive clay wins is something that doesnt happen every day and I believe not even Serena has that record. So yeah, everybody should just look at the big picture a bit and respect Masha for what she has accomplished. She just has a thorn that is called Serena, but that is everybody's thorn.

Davai Masha.
Imnumber2
#110 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:58:50 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Valkyre Go to Quoted Post
Fighter Sharapova simply turns off when the player on the opposite side of the court is Serena.

I dont know why that happens, I dont know how she has allowed Serena to bully her, but it is true.

Problem is that from time to time, the real Maria Sharapova wakes up in all her matches against Serena. But in the end it doesnt last very long. Which is really weird.

I dont know what needs to be done and IF there is something that can be done at this point. But this is not Maria we all know and certainly she doesnt lack the skills to beat Serena.

All in all though she had an awesome run, and she had her best result in this tournament. Maria is consistent and 21 consecutive clay wins is something that doesnt happen every day and I believe not even Serena has that record. So yeah, everybody should just look at the big picture a bit and respect Masha for what she has accomplished. She just has a thorn that is called Serena, but that is everybody's thorn.

Davai Masha.

However, it is still sad to see her record on clay ends by Serena. Perharps Maria is trying to hard to play against Serena. And I mean she is not playing her game at all because of that!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
matchpoint
#111 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 2:42:18 PM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
More than ever now she needs to know her fans would keep her in their arms. So what if perhaps becoming number 1 may be too rough on her frame and physique. There are days I can hardly stand up. Imagine what it must be like to have to be able to topple a monster on a whim, as part of a normal day, with little or no goofing off in between.

I hope she gets some creative practice in, the sort that doesn't feel like practice at all. This is what a good coach must be great at. Is he listening?
Philli Wan
#112 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 3:38:55 PM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Here is part of the utter bullshit that Maria said in her post match interview:

"At the end of the day I'm setting myself up opportunities to go out on the court and face her and play against her,"   Sharapova told a news conference.

"Obviously I wouldn't be happy if I wouldn't set up those opportunities because I do want to go on the court and I do want to face someone that's number one in the world and is playing tennis the way she does," she added.

Give it a rest Maria, nobody believes you anymore.  Fact is, AT THE END OF THE DAY, you are going to have to face the fact that you will NEVER be able to beat Serena playing the way you do. 

Without Thomas winding her up three times every match, she has no idea what she is doing on court.  Without him, she would lose more matches than she wins.  She will not see the final of the French Open and will lose a whole bunch of points this year.

At the end of the day, she's not as good as she or everybody else thinks.  BUT, She just cant help making money, so leave it at that and cut the tennis bullshit.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 5/14/2013(UTC)
matchpoint
#113 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:27:26 PM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Certainly there are points to make for both players. Serena is very fast getting in position~so fast you cannot really see her move. The ball is NOT simply coming back to her; it is she, getting there, taking 3-4 very quick steps, in a flash. Hingis showed the same movement. Since she is so...massive, it's easy to miss the light that would come between the legs of less endowed players, revealing their motion. Think of it as an extremely fast moving blob or blur. 

Maria is not built for demolition derbies. Under a full serena assault, Maria's frame looks like a connecting rod about to let go. That 1/100 of a second in added ball speed is enough to cause everything to misfire; arm caught just a fraction of a degree early, and it crumples. I suspect that she (serena) was pulling way back, in set 2, cognizant that she was roundly beating up the number 2 player in the world. How many eyebrows, and flags, do you want to raise with this sort of valve like ability? It's a hearsay, but haven't we heard that between the top 20 (or more) players there is little difference in outright ability? Or did that all vanish with the racquetry? I know that they had to slow all the courts down, and after Wimbeldon one year it was bleeding obvious but I digress. A walk on almost beat Sampras at his own game. He almost broke him to pieces...Barry some one...

She's outgunned. Out manned and out gunned. We don't know if Thomas is 'winding her up' 3 times per set or not. The girl has endurance. She is noted for her mental determination. So that she is being propped up...I kind of doubt it, though to be honest, Maria does look like a little girl, when she needs to listen to her coach, when she is down and going under, rather than the talk during her cake walk matches. The sound of serena's racquet is fear inspiring, like some new sound device that you find only on an unexplored continent. Thomas may do well to see if he can afford to tell a joke or two, when this is happening. The racquet may be very heavy, since if anyone could wield a heavy one, it would be her. None of us want to see Maria broken. To her...I don't think she falls asleep dreaming of a racquet that weighs just a few ounces more. 

Focus on serena, if you ask me. As fans, we lose nothing by ruminating on the obvious. Maria cannot afford this. She must always think about what is wrong with herself, her own game. Maria cannot point to the mere existence of another player, as scapegoat. Maria...If you are looking at this...know that we are aware of the oddness of the whole situation. You are human, a woman. You could work on your quickness, many things, but how does one combat the differences in body weight? In a prize fight, this alone would have the bookies moving the line always against the lightweight. There's a reason they have separate weight leagues. We adore Maria not because she is infallible, but because she is vulnerable; it is she who is burdened with her personal mission. She, alone, cannot for one second, ponder, as any of us are allowed to deeply reflect: That her opponent is simply TOO GOOD. And that... Who is like the beast? And who is able to make war with him? Has any man taken McEnroe's 'william's challenge' to task? He said that any good college level male could beat either one. 

I would like to give thanks for the related illustrative photo montages. Fallen heroes, dangling ill gotten booty over the hands of smiling, reaching, children... These are things we are pained to remember, as lovers of athletecism, of sport. Sometimes it's all we can do just to look at at the pictures~ and that's enough. Sports are one of the last bastions of integrity. These champions had everyone's praise and attention, and focus. The main thing is being fair. How could anyone be happy knowing they won, this way?