logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Photography
KarmaKrooK
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:18:13 PM(UTC)
KarmaKrooK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)

One of my favorite quotes by Ansel Adams, a renowned black and white landscape photographer, goes like this: 

The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance. 
Ansel Adams  

KarmaKrooK
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:27:29 PM(UTC)
KarmaKrooK

Black and White Photography: The Dark Side of Photography

My favorite part of b&w aside from the obvious taking of pictures was the developing of the film and print. It is an amazing feeling to produce an image from beginning to end. I would be so excited and worried at the same time about my negatives coming out properly and so elated when they did. Then there was the printing part on an enlarger. All very mysterious and worthwhile once having the final product.
KarmaKrooK
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:46:28 PM(UTC)
KarmaKrooK

Don't get me started on flash photography. One can do some amazing things if they use their noggin with the flash. A key thing flash has is its stopping power. It can freeze quick moving objects in just a flash. Also it is literally playing with light. One of my favorite photos I took was of my Dad pulling a rosary out of the ground with bits of light from a buried flash in the soil at point where the rosary met the soil.

These are some examples of flash at work (the second not as so much)

In this Salvador Dali picture flash stops all the motion going on in the frame. Without flash the water and the cats would have been blurred. The end result is very interesting.

This one is more of a long exposure with flash. The camera shutter is open throughout the exposure. First a flash to capture Picasso and the background (and while the shutter remains open but the room is completely dark) Picassor draws the centaur. Amazing what light and a little thinking can do.