logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<56789>
N. Djokovic
frida
#121 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:24:37 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Djokovic Hoping To Be Fit To Play Monte-Carlo
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic confirmed his ankle is feeling better by the day, and is hopeful that he will be able to take to the court for his first match on Wednesday at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters.

The 25-year-old Serb, a Monaco resident, twisted his ankle last weekend on Davis Cup duty, and is battling to be fit in time to compete at the Monte-Carlo Country Club. He reached the final of this ATP World Tour Masters 1000 clay-court tournament last year, falling to Rafael Nadal.

“I’m feeling better and better every day,” said Djokovic. “I’m always inspired to play my best in this tournament, because I live in Monaco and I spend the majority of my time, when I’m not at tournaments, here at this club, practising on these courts. I have a lot of friends, people who come to support me during the event. That’s extra motivation and inspiration for me to try to be fit and ready to go.
“I’ve been practising for the past few days on the court and before that I was working on the rehabilitation, strengthening my ankle, and we’re still in the process. Things are looking good. It’s better than I expected it to be. I still can’t 100 per cent guarantee that I will be on the court on Wednesday, because I have to be realistic and cautious and see in practice in the next few days, if I push myself to the limit, if I’m going to have any big problems. It will give me an indication if I should or should not play.

“It’s a very strong tournament and I think there is no room for any compromise, especially not for me. To compete at a high level, I need to be 100 per cent fit. So I’ll be putting on a lot of tape and doing everything I can in order to play. I know there’s a lot of people who expect me to be there. I want to be there more than anybody. I consider this place very special to me. Myself and my team will do everything in our power.

Djokovic confirmed he will decide by Tuesday at the latest if he will be fit to play his opening match against either Mikhail Youzhny or Daniel Gimeno-Traver.

“I have the understanding of the Tournament Director and the tournament organisers, which is important to me,” said the Belgrade native. “I’m more optimistic than I was at the beginning of the week, that’s for sure. I’m on court. This is the third day in the row that I’m practising. My practices haven’t been 100 per cent effort, but I’ve been increasing it day-by-day. The state of my ankle is more positive than I expected it to be.”

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 4/16/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#122 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:05:41 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Novak beat Youzhny at his first match of Monte-Carlo, 4-6 6-1 6-4!  Next match will be against Monaco!

Here is match stats: http://www.protennislive...ef=www.atpworldtour.com/

Go Go No.1

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 4/17/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#123 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:13:47 PM(UTC)
Alireza

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic is hopeful he can “elevate his performance” after surviving a second-round scare on Wednesday at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, battling past Mikhail Youzhny 4-6, 6-1, 6-4. The Serb had made a late decision to compete, having twisted his ankle a week earlier on Davis Cup duty for Serbia, and is lacking in match practice on clay, having been restricted to one hour a day in the lead-up to protect his ankle.

"My movements on the clay are still not at the maximum and not where I want them to be," confessed Djokovic. "But as the days go by, I think I'm going to slowly get into it and hopefully I can elevate the level of performance in the next match. Today was a big test, over two hours. I had a great quality opponent.

"I'm very happy to win. I'm just happy to compete, to be honest," said the Serb. "I didn't know if I'm going to be playing the tournament up to yesterday basically. I know that my game is still not there, obviously, and I had a lot of ups and downs throughout the match. Physically also I think I've put double the effort than I do usually because I still don't feel comfortable.

"I haven't practised much. An hour maximum a day. Obviously it's taking its toll on my game. But as I said, happy to win and see what tomorrow can bring.”

2 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 4/17/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 4/17/2013(UTC)
frida
#124 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:35:09 PM(UTC)
frida

I think Novak will have some problems with that ankle injury, He needs resting instead of playing , But he choose playing , We must respect it and hope he gets better as soon as possible :)
2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 4/17/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 4/17/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#125 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:51:41 PM(UTC)
Alireza

frida;323008 wrote:
I think Novak will have some problems with that ankle injury, He needs resting instead of playing , But he choose playing , We must respect it and hope he gets better as soon as possible :)

Yes, he'd better not play and rest! But he chose and should play until end!

Best wishes for Novak! Get better soon Nole

3 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 4/17/2013(UTC), frida on 4/17/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 4/17/2013(UTC)
frida
#126 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:37:49 PM(UTC)
frida

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/rHXQUbNqLYS6OSPMHZf1VA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zMDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/atp-masters-series-monte-carlo-20130417-074708-016.jpg

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/17/2013(UTC), Alireza on 4/19/2013(UTC)
frida
#127 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:21:26 PM(UTC)
frida

Djokovic Battles Past Monaco; Nieminen Ousts Del Potro
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic came from behind for the second day in a row on Thursday, but credited his “inner strength” for pulling through to defeat Juan Monaco 4-6, 6-2, 6-2 in the third round of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters. The Serb had survived a scare against Mikhail Youzhny in the second round, and lost serve four times as he battled past Monaco in just over two hours.

Djokovic is looking to find his feet in his first clay-court tournament of the season after twisting his ankle a week and a half ago on Davis Cup duty in the U.S.A. The Belgrade native is a two-time runner-up at this ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament, losing to Rafael Nadal in 2009 and 2012.

“It's another big test obviously, again a two-hour match,” said Djokovic. “Obviously I'm not physically out there feeling my best. Somehow feels that I always miss that half a step. But I'm trying. I'm fighting. After I lost the first set today, I tried to find that inner strength. I found it again. So that's a positive thing. Every day brings a new challenge and we'll see what happens tomorrow.”

In the quarter-finals, Djokovic will face Finn Jarkko Nieminen, who edged fifth seed Juan Martin del Potro 6-4, 4-6, 7-6(4) in two hours and 38 minutes. The 31-year-old Nieminen missed a match point at 4-5 in the third set, but broke for a 6-4 lead in the deciding tie-break and closed out victory as del Potro hit a forehand wide.
Alireza on 4/19/2013(UTC)
frida
#128 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:37:20 PM(UTC)
frida

Novak Djokovic of Serbia returns the ball to Juan Monaco of Argentina during the Monte Carlo Masters in Monaco

ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo - Day Five

He still struggles with injury , It affects his Tennis .

Alireza on 4/19/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#129 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 2:07:12 AM(UTC)
Alireza

frida;323030 wrote:

Novak Djokovic of Serbia returns the ball to Juan Monaco of Argentina during the Monte Carlo Masters in Monaco

He still struggles with injury , It affects his Tennis .

He should have withdrawn!

frida on 4/19/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#130 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:17:27 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Djokovic To Face Nadal After Dismissing Fognini

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic will attempt to dethrone eight-time defending champion Rafael Nadal in the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters final after dismissing Italy’s Fabio Fognini 6-2, 6-1 on Saturday in the semi-finals.

Djokovic and Nadal also contested the final at the Monte-Carlo Country Club in 2009 and 2012. Nadal was extended to three sets in 2009, but dropped only four games in last year’s clash. It will be their 34th meeting (Nadal leads 19-14) and their first since the 2012 Roland Garros final, when Nadal won in four sets.

frida on 4/20/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#131 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:22:42 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Novak reached to final match with his injury! Well done Novak , a real strong man!

What a match it will be, Novak vs Nadal!  I wish Novak plays well in final match and fights with his injury!

He reached to final match with his ankle injury, that's very amazing but not good for his health!

Go Go No.1 

frida on 4/20/2013(UTC)
frida
#132 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:35:28 PM(UTC)
frida

WOW! Rafa vs Nole ! :D It will be their first meeting in 2013 season! Rafa plays on clay and I think it will be more easier for Rafa but Novak will not be easy opponent :D Just a few hours ago I was watching Rafa's interview with euronews , He still has his former confidence and power, I told to myself real Rafa is completely back and ready to compete against Novak & Roger.
I'm waiting that great match ... It will be amazing ;)
Alireza on 4/21/2013(UTC)
frida
#133 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:42:02 PM(UTC)
frida

I still remember Roland Garros final :D Let's accept it ! Novak isn't perfect on clay, As he is on Hard courts :D But honestly he has good statistics on clay ;) But Rafa on clay is something else, Something different ... It's like he born to play on clay :D Only thing I can say to both player is : Good luck , God is with you ;) :)
Alireza on 4/21/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#134 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:36:39 AM(UTC)
Alireza

frida;323065 wrote:
I still remember Roland Garros final :D Let's accept it ! Novak isn't perfect on clay, As he is on Hard courts :D But honestly he has good statistics on clay ;) But Rafa on clay is something else, Something different ... It's like he born to play on clay :D Only thing I can say to both player is : Good luck , God is with you ;) :)

Yes, you are absolutely right! Nole is not as good as Rafa on clay but he is world No.1! And today, of course he can not play as usual in final match, because of his injury!

Has has already reached to final with an injury! What happens today, he showed that he is a strong man!

frida on 4/26/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#135 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 10:15:47 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Novak Ends Nadal's Eight-Year Reign

What a performance by Novak, what a strong man! Amazing, Novak won the title with an ankle injury!

Novak beat Rafa in final match of Monte-Carlo, 6-2 7-6! Well done Novak

Many people thought that Novak would lose against Rafa Because he has an ankle injury and I thought he wouldn't play as usual and he might lose! But he did well!

But despite of everything, it's not good for his health he might miss other important tournaments or grand slams!

I wish he gets better soon!

Go Go No.1

paul_pipkin on 4/22/2013(UTC), frida on 4/26/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#136 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:26:50 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Novak Djokovic ended Rafael Nadal’s reign as the king of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters on Sunday.

Top seed Djokovic defeated the eight-time defending champion and third seed 6-2, 7-6(1) in one hour and 52 minutes. It broke Nadal’s 46-match winning streak at the Monte-Carlo Country Club.

Djokovic has now won 14 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles and 37th trophies overall. He has now won every ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title barring the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati.

Djokovic is the first player to beat Nadal three times in a clay-court final. He also ended Nadal’s 81-match winning streak on clay in the month of April. His last loss on clay in April had come on 8 April 2005 to Igor Andreev in the Valencia quarter-finals.

paul_pipkin on 4/22/2013(UTC), frida on 4/26/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#137 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:42:21 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Djokovic's next match in Madrid will be against Dimitrov at 2nd round!

Not Before 8:00 PM  -Madrid Time-

[1] Novak Djokovic (SRB)

v

Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)

Go Go No.1

Dartagnan on 5/7/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#138 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:30:11 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Dartagnan: I know a girl, her nickname is Dee, she used to visit Maria's web site, I guess she will be very happy about this result. She is a fan of Dimitrov. 

Dimitrov stuns Djokovic, Federer through in Madrid

Dimitrov stuns Djokovic, Federer through in Madrid - Tennis

Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov survived cramp and a squandered match point to oust world number one Novak Djokovic 7-6(6) 6-7(8) 6-3 in the second round of the Madrid Masters.

Dimitrov’s chance appeared to have passed when he failed to take advantage of a first match point in the second set breaker and started to succumb to cramp.

But the Bulgarian somehow broke at the beginning of the final set before holding on to seal the biggest win of his career in three hours and four minutes.

The first set appeared to be going according to plan for Djokovic in the early stages as he held mostly without any drama and quickly slammed the door shut on the one occasion where Dimitrov did manage to earn himself some break points.

The world number one even held a set point in the 11th game of the set but Dimitrov saved it with a backhand volley winner that belied the confidence of a man currently enjoying his career high ranking of 28.

In fact it was Dimitrov who broke first, the Bulgarian seizing the advantage in the very next game only to be pegged back by Djokovic, the Serb forcing the breaker.

Time and again throughout the match Dimitrov pegged Djokovic back, levelling up from a 4-2 mini-break down early in the first tie-break and then saving more set points before going on to snatch the first set from underneath Djokovic.

It all appeared to be spinning rapidly out of control for Djokovic when he found himself a break down early in the second set, only for that to be compounded by two missed break back opportunities and a recurrence of a recent injury, when he rolled his right ankle on the baseline.

An immediate injury timeout followed before Djokovic got things back on level terms by breaking back, failing to secure the one remaining break point he held before the delay but fashioning himself another chance just moments later.

But again Dimitrov was not to be undone, the Bulgarian holding firm to force a second breaker before denying Djokovic on a number of set points.

The drama was set to increase exponentially as Dimitrov succumbed to cramp, stopping mid-rally on a Djokovic set point.

Djokovic somehow contrived to miss what should have been an easy forehand winner to level the match at one set apiece and Dimitrov took the opportunity to earn himself a match point with a second serve ace.

The 21-year-old was still battling with cramp, however, and could not take advantage as Djokovic finally levelled up at the fourth attempt.

It looked for all the world that Dimitrov would have nothing left for the third set, after conceding the second with a weary forehand into the net, but from nowhere he fashioned a break in the opening game of the decider.

From there he simply held on, denying Djokovic the chance to break back on two separate occasions with gutsy play from the baseline.

Whether the Bulgarian would have the mental fortitude to serve out the biggest win of his career became a moot point when Djokovic handed Dimitrov two more match points with a forehand long of the baseline.

Only the one was required, however, Djokovic pushing a change-of-direction forehand wide down the line to hand Dimitrov a place in the third round, where he will face either qualifier Santiago Giraldo or 15th seed Stanislas Wawrinka on Thursday.

Second seed Roger Federer enjoyed a much easier time of it as he began the defence of his Madrid Masters title with a comfortable 6-3 6-3 win over Radek Stepanek.

Having triumphed on the controversial blue clay last year, Federer looked no less at ease with the return to the traditional red dirt, the Swiss world number two racing out to a 6-3 5-3 lead before suffering his only blip in concentration.

Federer, who had not played a match in almost two months (since the Indian Wells quarter-finals in March), showed only the faintest glimpse of rustiness as he failed to serve out the match instead handing Stepanek a break back.

But the 17-times Grand Slam champion quickly made amends breaking again in the ninth game of the second set to book his place in the third round after just 82 minutes.

"I didn't think I played incredible, but that's not what I was expecting myself to do here, but I didn't play bad either," Federer, who was also sporting mint-green flashes on his tennis shoes.

"Overall, I'm very happy, because he (Stepanek) has caused me difficulties in the past," added the 31-year-old world number two, a three-times champion in Madrid.

"Today that wasn't the case and I thought I was pretty much in control."

Federer is yet to win a tournament this year but if he defends his Madrid crown he will equal John McEnroe's 77 career titles and join the American in third on the all-time ranking behind Jimmy Connors on 109 and Ivan Lendl with 94.

"Obviously I've had a very successful career, which has been amazing already. More than I ever thought I would achieve," Federer said.

"I would love to tie McEnroe at 77, no doubt about it. He was an amazing player and brought a lot to the game, like some other great champions and legends have done and paved the way for us."

Next up for Federer will be either 14th seed Kei Nishikori or Serbia’s Victor Troicki.

Second round results

Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) beat 1-Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 7-6(6) 6-7(8) 6-3

3-Andy Murray (Britain) beat Florian Mayer (Germany) 7-6(11) 7-6(3)

2-Roger Federer (Switzerland) beat Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic) 6-3 6-3

Fernando Verdasco (Spain) beat 12-Milos Raonic (Canada) 6-4 2-6 7-6(7)

16-Gilles Simon (France) beat Jeremy Chardy (France) 6-4 7-6(5)

Daniel Gimeno-Traver (Spain) beat 8-Richard Gasquet (France) 7-5 3-6 6-4

Pablo Andujar (Spain) beat John Isner (US) 6-4 6-4

First round results

Tommy Robredo (Spain) beat Marcos Baghdatis (Cyprus) 6-4 6-2

Viktor Troicki (Serbia) beat Marcel Granollers (Spain) 7-5 4-6 6-2

13-Tommy Haas (Germany) beat Andreas Seppi (Italy) 6-1 6-2

15-Stanislas Wawrinka (Switzerland) beat Marius Copil (Romania) 6-4 6-4

Mikhail Youzhny (Russia) beat Fabio Fognini (Italy) 7-6(4) 2-6 7-6(5)

Juan Monaco (Argentina) beat 9-Janko Tipsarevic (Serbia) 7-6(5) 6-3

Santiago Giraldo (Colombia) beat Martin Klizan (Slovakia) 6-2 6-4

Benoit Paire (France) beat Joao Souza (Brazil) 6-1 7-6(0)

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 5/8/2013(UTC), frida on 5/9/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#139 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:16:13 AM(UTC)
Alireza

What a performance by Dimitrov, amazing! That was a really close match! Congratulations to Dimitrov! He played well and he was deserved to win!

Novak needs to rest and concentrate on his future tournaments!

Go Go No.1

frida on 5/9/2013(UTC)
frida
#140 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:21:30 AM(UTC)
frida

And "the Grigor Dimitrov Story" starts by defeating world No.1 Djokovic...
Alireza on 5/9/2013(UTC)