logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
RELIGION & SOCIETY
CROUCHING TIGER
#62 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 8:34:49 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
VATICAN CRIMES

http://www.vaticancrimes.us/

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Dartagnan
#63 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 6:53:23 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Dartagnan: You have to marry a woman to avoid Pedophily. The Catholic religion needs a reform for its priests. 

"Most of the great men of this world live as if they were atheists. Every man who has lived with his eyes open, knows that the knowledge of a God, his presence, and his justice, has not the slightest influence over the wars, the treaties, the objects of ambition, interest, or pleasure, in the pursuit of which they are wholly occupied."

[Voltaire]

"A clergyman is one who feels himself called upon to live without working at the expense of the rascals who work to live."

[Voltaire]

"If God made us in His image we have certainly returned the compliment."

[Voltaire]

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#64 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 5:13:11 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

THE PAST & THE PRESENT. It important to remember the past disasters... 

Dartagnan: If one day Noah saved the species from the great flood, this time it won't be possible. We are going to pay on day for the pollution we made on the earth. The global warming is going to provoke great floods in countries. The risks that these floods will destroy the nuclear power plants will be very high. With a high radiation on the earth, life will be impossible on the Earth. 

Konyukhov to search for Noah’s Arch

Федор Конюхов путешественник путешествие

Well-known Russian traveler Fyodor Konyukhov, who is also a priest of the Russian Orthodox Church, is going to search for the remains of the legendary Noah’s Arch.

Several decades ago, photographs from a satellite revealed a large dark orthogonal object on Mount Ararat, where, according to the Bible, Noah’s Arch landed after the Great Flood. The territory where Mount Ararat is located is a part of Turkey, but the mount is very close to the border with Armenia.

Some people believe that the mysterious orthogonal object is the remains of Noah’s Arch.

Mr. Konyukhov is planning to ascend Ararat and to explore the mysterious object. The expedition is planned to start in September or October of this year.

However, skeptics claim that what is taken for the remains of Noah’s Arch is, as they believe, a natural stone formation – probably, of volcanic origin, because Ararat is in fact a volcano.

Russian explorer Vadim Chernobrov, who ascended Ararat in 2004 and saw the object which is believed to be the arch with his own eyes, says:

“The object really looks like a very big ship from far away, and, at first, I thought that it was really a ship. But when I approached it, it turned out to be a stone formation. I am convinced that it has never been a ship. A wooden ship cannot turn into stone, even in the course of several thousand years. This is as impossible as it would have been for a rock to turn into a wooden ship. I am convinced that this object is a natural formation and not the remains of something made by human hands.”

Expeditions that tried to find Noah’s Arch have been set in Russia as early as before the 1917 revolution. However, the results of these expeditions were kept in strict secrecy. The only information that we now have about them is fragmentary, half-legendary and untrustworthy. All we know is that so far, no one has managed to find anything that could have really been the remains of Noah’s Arch on Mount Ararat.

Adventurous residents of the region surrounding Mount Ararat – mainly Kurds – sometimes earn good money by serving as guides to travelers who hope to find the legendary Arch.

Here is Vadim Chernobrov again:

“Some people are so eager to find the Arch that they sometimes mistake the wish for reality. One can find a small piece of wood on Mount Ararat and imagine it to be a fragment of Noah’s Arch. News that someone has discovered the Arch on or near Ararat appears regularly. Sometimes, local residents make some wooden structures themselves and pass them off as the remains of the arch to credulous travelers.”

Recently, Fyodor Konyukhov set off for another trip, which will begin in Karelia (a region in Russia’s northwest) cross the North Pole to end in Greenland. He and his partner Victor Simonov are going to cover the entire way from Karelia to the North Pole in dog sledges. Mr. Konyukhov is planning to come back home in August and to immediately start preparations for his expedition to Ararat. Let us wish him good luck!

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#65 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 1:34:28 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Orthodox Christians to celebrate the Annunciation

Благовещение, Кремль, голубь, праздник

On April 7, the Orthodox Christian world will celebrate the Annunciation of the Most-Holy Mother of God, one of the 12 main holidays in the Church calendar. On this day, angel Gabriel announced to Virgin Mary that she would conceive and become the mother of Jesus, the son of God, the Saviour. Henceforth, the Annunciation means the Good News.

THE MOVIE

http://youtu.be/EWYuIe8ftHA

There are several stories about how it happened. According one story Virgin Mary was spinning a purple yarn for the church’s curtains, while another one says that she was on the way to a well for water, and the third story says that she was reading Isaiah. However, all stories end in same words. This is the most important. According to Luke, the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. This is the beginning of worldly life of Jesus. Priest Maksim Obykhov comments.

“The Annunciation holiday marks the beginning of the most important event in New Testament, the beginning of the worldly life of Jesus Christ. This is considered one of the main holidays in Christian Church. According to the Orthodox tradition, it is among the 12 most important holidays. This holiday is linked to the Mother of God and is celebrated during the Lent,” Maksim Obykhov said.

The day of the holiday is unchanged for both Orthodox Christians and Catholics. It is on the March 25. But since the Orthodox Church functions according to the Julian calendar that is 13 days behind the Gregorian calendar, Russia celebrates the Annunciation on April 7. This year the holiday is celebrated during the Lent says priest Alexander Martynenko.

“Despite the fact that the Lent is quite strict, on this day it is allowed to eat fish,” Alexander Martynenko said.

It is an old tradition to release birds from cages on this holiday. It symbolizes liberation and innovation, capabilities of a human as a free person, search for god’s kingdom. This tradition was forgotten for a long time, and it was revived in the 1990s. Since then the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, clergy and children release pigeons at the Annunciation Cathedral in the Moscow Kremlin.

In Russia the Annunciation is linked to many signs because it is associated with spring, revival of nature, the sun and warm weather. It is believed that if rain falls on this day, there will be a good harvest. If this day is cold, then the entire spring will be cold.

Dartagnan
#66 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 4:52:28 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

What was the goal of Jesus on the Earth?

He was here to help us to avoid mistakes in our life. 

Leo Tolstoy who believed in God, wrote a novel about Adultary: Anna Karenina

He showed us that adultery can destroy a family but also a person. 

You can watch the new movie here, it is free in english:

http://www.youtube.com/w...;list=PLFB73140294CCF1D5

CROUCHING TIGER
#67 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:00:51 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Margaret Thatcher left a dark legacy that has still not disappeared...

http://www.guardian.co.u...aret-thatcher-hugo-young

CROUCHING TIGER
#69 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:51:13 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Fatal bus crash in Belgium for Russian & Ukrainian teenagers (5 dead and many injured seriously)

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

CROUCHING TIGER
#70 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:57:19 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

4 dead, 13 critical as bus carrying Russian teenagers crashes in Belgium...

http://rt.com/news/bus-crash-poland-children-832/

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/15/2013(UTC)
KarmaKrooK
#71 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:21:01 PM(UTC)
KarmaKrooK

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Gay Marriage= Less children in the world. World Population = 6,973,738,433 - 2011. Resources are becoming scarcer. Unless we intend to populate Mars let the homosexuals get married. This is as simple as it gets.
Dartagnan
#68 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 5:59:22 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
Margaret Thatcher left a dark legacy that has still not disappeared...

http://www.guardian.co.u...aret-thatcher-hugo-young

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead

http://youtu.be/uMFjFoq6T9M

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 4/16/2013(UTC)
Tony Montana
#73 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 7:00:04 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Originally Posted by: KarmaKrooK Go to Quoted Post
Gay Marriage= Less children in the world. World Population = 6,973,738,433 - 2011. Resources are becoming scarcer. Unless we intend to populate Mars let the homosexuals get married. This is as simple as it gets.
\\\

Eventually they could want kids if they take away our right to vote and become the majority. Aside from that god is more important.Gays are a social diease like in 'ancient' Greece. JUST BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE KIDS DOESN'T MEAN THERE SHOULD BE GAY 'MARRIAGE'. Science is HOW god made the universe. God made man and woman to love each other. If god appeaared to everyone and said obey life wouldn't be a test for the after-life. When some die they want no god and heaven and that IS what they are going to get. Humans CANNOT make things like the sun and stars. God made the uinverse and SCEINCE is HOW god made the universe. This isn't in Bing.

Let me know what your name is so I don't waste time talking to you aside from this info so you can reconsider. Mine is Anton Konnoff.

1 user thanked Tony Montana for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/16/2013(UTC)
Tony Montana
#72 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 7:05:09 PM(UTC)

Today's bombing at the marathon in Boston. More than 1 reason. Stolen movies. Another reason IS to show it can be done after 9/11. Vote coming from the supreme court on our right to vote... There could be no Washington after that from US and Russian nukes. Rome was sacked many times.

___Maria go back to Sasha NOW. Your too young___. Elena can help make movies and quit wasting time. More if Elena replies.  I've asked Elena to help make movies to buy farmland in Australia and contact with Pfizer to help make the dream drug numerous times. I don't know why Elena wastes time and won't reply in person. If she replies then it is easier on us plebs(landless) to get on with our lives. Elena quit wasting time and make up your mind! Maria you tell Elena to make up her mind! Elena IS on VK and you know her last name. Wasting our time including hers, you, Sasha and I. Making movies is suppose to be exciting. It IS Elena wasting time. I can't be on this site often due to jealousy and Elena wasting time. Elena women pick the man in their life. Elena have mercy on Maria, Sasha and I. Quit wasting time and let me know 'if' your going to help make movies to buy farmland in Australia. More IF you want. I done what I can do to help. Get it done.  ___Maria quit wasting time and go back to Sasha Now.___

Anton Konnoff

KarmaKrooK
#74 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 9:55:53 PM(UTC)
KarmaKrooK

Originally Posted by: Tony Montana Go to Quoted Post

\\\

Eventually they could want kids if they take away our right to vote and become the majority. Aside from that god is more important.Gays are a social diease like in 'ancient' Greece. JUST BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE KIDS DOESN'T MEAN THERE SHOULD BE GAY 'MARRIAGE'. Science is HOW god made the universe. God made man and woman to love each other. If god appeaared to everyone and said obey life wouldn't be a test for the after-life. When some die they want no god and heaven and that IS what they are going to get. Humans CANNOT make things like the sun and stars. God made the uinverse and SCEINCE is HOW god made the universe. This isn't in Bing.

Let me know what your name is so I don't waste time talking to you aside from this info so you can reconsider. Mine is Anton Konnoff.

There is nothing wrong with homosexuals wanting kids. Besides if the world population keeps getting out of hand and resources keep diminishing more children will starve to death. What eventually has been happening if you haven't noticed is that many gay couples have adopted kids from impoverished nations.

Isn't this the same God that created evil? If your God is so benevelont why is there so much chaos in the world? You are as certain of the afterlife as I am, we won't know until we die if there is such a world. 

One day man may acquire the know how on how to make stars. There was one point we didn't have cell phones and now they're everywhere. It is a matter of time. Technology grows exponentially.

Btw, I believe in God if you were wondering. The names is Jesus Arroyo.

Tony Montana
#75 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:41:58 PM(UTC)

I guess you didn't read what I wrote, understand it or you want to twist it. I have to repeat what I said. Yes there is something wrong with gays and some of them want to use propaganda or 'model' the stealing of our kids souls. Voters have the right to ban gay 'marriage' and homosexuals want to take away our right to vote. It isn't 'equal protection' because gay and straight marriage are the antithesis of each other. The media parrots gays and they have the money/power. God will judge them. The bible talks about how money can be misused and can make it harder to get into heaven. Gays are not a race. Gay 'marriage' is genocidal and against our right to vote. God made man and woman to love each other. Quit trying to twist it. It shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

There are plenty of straight people who want to adopt and gays shouldn't be in the media wanting to take away our right to vote and
influence future generations. Gays are a social disease like in 'ancient' Greece. Just because some people don't have kids doesn't
mean gays or gay 'marriage' should be legal.

Science is HOW god made the universe. This isn't in bing though it shouldn't take much comprehension to understand it. Humans can't make the stars and universe. Even if humans could what made us? The creator. Science is HOW the creator made man and woman to love each other and the universe. Quit trying to twist it. When some people die they want no creator or try to twist it and that is what they are going to get. No creator and no afterlife for gays... Like I said if the creator appeared and said obey life wouldn't be a test for the after-life.

Anton Konnoff

1 user thanked Tony Montana for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/16/2013(UTC)
KarmaKrooK
#76 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:49:30 PM(UTC)
KarmaKrooK

No Anton, I read what you said and I just don not agree gays are a disease. It is a choice like anything else in this life. All marriage is is a contract that binds two individuals together. Because what really is the difference between a gay couple and a straight couple besides their gender? Nothing. Both men and women, more so these days than the past, enjoy the same activities. [there was a time when women's role was strictly in the household].

Using your words if "God will judge them" why should you be concerned what they do? By that logic let God take care of it not you.

Civil laws were created so that good people can adopt. Do you think it is that easy to adopt a child? Gays as much as straights must meet certain criteria before adoption agencies will allow them to raise a child. Would you rather A) a reckless, abusive, alcoholic heterosexual couple adopt a child or B) a gay couple who make a good honest living and make good parents? In example A the child is surely to be abused and terrified while in example B the child will be loved and live a happy life. It's not rocket science.

Who made the Creator? Did the creator make himself? Or did he appear out of thin air? And as I said before no one knows if there is an after life until it is our time.

CROUCHING TIGER
#82 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:38:30 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

It's time to bury not just Thatcher - but Thatcherism...DOWN WITH CAMERON !!!

They have only themselves to blame. Protests were always likely at any official sendoff for the most socially destructive prime minister in modern British history. But by turning Margaret Thatcher's funeral into a state-funded Tory jamboree, puffed up with pomp and bombast, David Cameron and his acolytes have made them a certainty – and fuelled a political backlash into the bargain.

As the bishop of Grantham, Thatcher's home town, put it, spending £10m of public money to "glorify" her legacy in the month benefits are slashed and tax cuts handed to the rich is "asking for trouble". What's planned today isn't a national commemoration, but a military-backed party spectacle.

It's a state funeral in all but name, laid on for none of the last seven prime ministers. Nothing of the kind has been seen since the death of Winston Churchill, who really did unite the country for a time against the mortal threat from Nazi Germany. Thatcher did the opposite, of course, though every effort will be made today to milk her short but bloody colonial conflict in the south Atlantic for all its jingoistic worth.

It's hardly a surprise that 60% of the population oppose the public subsidy, or that Buckingham Palace is alarmed at the funeral's regal dimensions. Now the decision to silence Big Ben has tipped the whole saga into the realm of offensive absurdity.

There's been much talk about a need for dignity and respect. But the prospect of the leader of a class war government being treated like a respected head of state is itself an insult to the half of Britain that recoils from her memory and the millions of people whose communities were devastated by her policies.

From the moment the former prime minister died there has been a determined drive by the Tories and their media allies to rewrite history and rehabilitate a deeply damaged brand. For a few days of fawning wall-to-wall coverage it seemed like that might be working, as happened in the US after Ronald Reagan's death in 2004.

But a week on, it's clear the revisionists have overplayed their hand. Anger and revulsion keep bursting into the open. Simply raising her record reminds people of the price paid for unrelenting deregulation, privatisation and tax handouts to the rich; why she was so unpopular across Britain when she was in power; and the striking similarity with what's being done by today's Tory-led coalition.

So there's been no polling bounce for Cameron, even as he claimed that Thatcher "saved our country". And while people recognise her strength, polls show clear opposition to many of her flagship policies, including privatisation (only a quarter think it's delivered a better service). Most don't believe she "put the 'Great' back into Great Britain" at all, her economic policies are seen to have done "more harm than good", and her legacy is regarded as one of division and inequality.

Which is what the facts show. Far from saving Britain, Thatcher's government delivered rampant inequality, social breakdown, disastrous financial deregulation, pulverising deindustrialisation and mass unemployment. A North Sea oil bonanza was frittered away on tax cuts for the wealthy and a swollen benefits bill as public services were run down, child poverty escalated and social mobility ground to a halt.

But for all that, her apologists insist, Thatcher did what was necessary to turn Britain's economy round. But she didn't. Growth during the 1980s, at 2.4%, was exactly the same as during the turbulent 1970s and lower again in the post-Thatcher 1990s, at 2.2% — while in the corporatist 1960s it averaged over 3%.

And despite claims of a Thatcher "productivity miracle", productivity growth was also higher in the 60s (and it's gone into reverse under Cameron). What her government did do was redistribute growth from the poor to the rich, driving up profits and slashing employees' share of national income through her assault on trade unions. That's why it felt like a boom in better-off Britain, as the top rate of tax was more than halved, while real incomes fell by 40% for the poorest in her first decade in power.

You only have to rehearse what Thatcher's government unleashed a generation ago to recognise the continuity with what's been happening ever since: first under John Major, then under New Labour, and now under Cameron: privatisation, liberalisation, low taxes for the wealthy and rising inequality. Thatcher was Britain's first woman prime minister, but her policies hit women hardest, just as Cameron's are doing today, while Tony Blair says he saw his job as "to build on some of the things she had done rather than reverse them".

But Thatcherism was only an early variant (following her friend General Pinochet, the Chilean dictator) of what became the neoliberal capitalism adopted or imposed across the world for the next generation. And it's that model which imploded in the crash of 2008. As even the free-market Economist conceded last week, while demanding "more Thatcherism, not less", her reforms could be said to have "sowed the seeds" of the current crisis.

Like other true believers, the magazine's editors fret that the pendulum is now swinging away from the neoliberal model. So does Blair, who remains locked in the politics of the boom years and whose comfort zone remains attacking his own party. So he's launched a coded assault on Labour's leader, Ed Miliband, for supposedly thinking a crisis caused by under-regulated markets will lead to a shift to the left.

There's certainly no automatic basis for such a shift. As history shows, the right can also take advantage of economic breakdowns – and often has. But more than 20 years after Thatcher was forced out of office, the evidence is that most British people remain stubbornly resistant to her individualistic small-state philosophy, believing for example that it's the government's job to redistribute income across the spectrum and guarantee a decent minimum income for all.

And crucially, the economic model that underpinned the policies of Thatcher and her successors is broken. As the Labour frontbencher Jon Trickett argued this week, we need a "rupture" with the "existing economic settlement" – the Thatcher settlement. That's the challenge of the politics of our time, not only in Britain. As we remember blighted lives and communities today, it's time not just to bury Thatcher, but Thatcherism itself.

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 4/17/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 4/18/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#77 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:36:43 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

No Anton, I read what you said and I just don not agree gays are a disease. It is a choice like anything else in this life. All marriage is is a contract that binds two individuals together. Because what really is the difference between a gay couple and a straight couple besides their gender? Nothing. Both men and women, more so these days than the past, enjoy the same activities. [there was a time when women's role was strictly in the household].

Using your words if "God will judge them" why should you be concerned what they do? By that logic let God take care of it not you.

Civil laws were created so that good people can adopt. Do you think it is that easy to adopt a child? Gays as much as straights must meet certain criteria before adoption agencies will allow them to raise a child. Would you rather A) a reckless, abusive, alcoholic heterosexual couple adopt a child or B) a gay couple who make a good honest living and make good parents? In example A the child is surely to be abused and terrified while in example B the child will be loved and live a happy life. It's not rocket science.

Who made the Creator? Did the creator make himself? Or did he appear out of thin air? And as I said before no one knows if there is an after life until it is our time.

Dartagnan
#78 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:21:48 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Dartagnan
#79 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:38:35 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Dartagnan: One more time, man thinks that he can replace God on the Earth so he wants to clone people at the laboratory. Man wants to defy God so he starts cloning animals first.

Why did God tell to man ? Don't eat the apple of knowledge if you want to live happily. 

That also means that it is not the role of man to interact everywhere in the nature. When something works perfectly in the nature, you don't have to alter its laws because you are going to destroy it. 

ABOUT HUMAN&ANIMAL CLONING

Religious views

Upon researching this topic, I found that most written opinion are expressed by Christian writers. This is not to say that other religions are not speaking out. In fact, in, I would like to point out that all the religions I read about were against human cloning. The only exception to the rule that we could find was the religion of Islam.

Acoording to the one of the Wikipedia's article religious views at human cloning are as follows:

Christian
Christian Roman Catholicism and many conservative Christian groups have opposed human cloning and the cloning of human embryos, since they believe that life begins at the moment of conception and soul gets into body only this way. Christian, however, feel that we have no right to play the role of God, because He is the only one Creator and act of creation depends on Him.

Islam
Cloning specific parts of the human body for purposes of medical is not prohibited in Islam, but to clone the whole human body would not be permitted under any circumstances. However, if it goes into cloning only specific parts of the human body such as heart and kidneys, for the purpose of treatment, this is permitted and actually recommended and rewarded by Allah.

Jewish
Judaism does not equate life with conception and, though some question the wisdom of cloning, Orthodox rabbis generally find no firm reason in Jewish law and ethics to object to cloning. Liberal Jewish thinkers have cautioned against cloning, among other genetic engineering efforts, though some eye the potential medical advantages.

Buddhism 
Ronald Y. Nakasone, a Buddhist priest and Professor of Buddhist Art and Culture at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California stated, "The Buddhist response to the possibility of cloning human beings is not if, but when . . . Would we accord a cloned person the benefits enjoyed by those who are born naturally? I would hope so." Buddhists even believe in the natural order of the world and to clone humans would be violating that rule.

Cloning is becoming an increasingly important subject in the modern world. The biggest breakthrough in cloning was when Dolly the sheep was cloned. After the success of cloning sheep, more effort was put into human cloning. The United States banned the cloning of humans, but there are other countries that have laws that are more lax on the issue of human cloning. Humans are separated from other mammals not only because of the superior intelligence but also because they have souls. A soul, "the actuating cause of an individual life" (Webster) is what makes humans what they are. The soul is the eternal essence of a person, and without it humans are no more than animals. This brings up very interesting issues on the human cloning. If clones have souls then it would not be right for humanity to create them and then use them for their own purpose, such as using them for medical transplants. However if clones do not have souls it would seem appropriate for people to use clones for their own purposes, because these clones would be no better than animals. Even if clones have no souls, this does not make the use of them in medical research immediately appropriate. God is the great creator, and many believe that human cloning is an area of life that humanity should not delve into. Certainly a clone would not have the same soul as the original, yet the very nature of the soul suggests that it cannot be created by man.

Human cloning is still in its infant stage, but the technology is progressing at a blinding rate. Originally cloning ran into a few problems with aging. When the Dolly the sheep was cloned, its cells were older than they were supposed to be. Hence Dolly has a shorter life span than other sheep. This problem was claimed to be fixed by scientists in Russia, but there is no real example of a true human clone that is being allowed to live and grow. Parents who lose their baby's in child birth, could save some of the cells in the hope that they could pay scientists to clone their baby. However if their baby was cloned, its personality would develop differently than their original child, due to different exposure. What is the point in cloning a baby who has never been born. Since there is no way of telling what the baby would have been like, why would parents spend money on the cloning? This question is impossible to answer fully without being placed in a similar situation.

In the future humans will be cloned, but it is not known how they will be treated. According to all of the biological aspects they will be living human beings, but it does not seem like humanity will treat them that way. Since it costs money to clone people it is logical to conclude that the people who pay for the clone will want some kind of return on their investment such as the use of their clone as a slave. Slaves are still a problem even in today's world. People in America often think that slavery disappeared after Lincoln abolished it. However, that is not the case; slavery has taken on a different form, although it is the same in principal. If human cloning is developed these clones could be used as slaves for life; they would not have an identity of their own. Therefore, slaves could be bought and used for whatever purpose the owner wanted. It is doubtful that they would even be able to get a citizenship from a country even if they were freed, because they could be mistaken for their cellular donor. Since clones would not be seen as humans, they could be beaten, killed, or forced into hard labor, and no one would see any problem with this. Although they may not have souls, they are still capable of the same emotions, and thoughts that other humans are. It is not hard to imagine cloning factories in third world countries that churn out clones to sell into prostitution, or bondage of some other kind. However cloning could be used in good ways such as "serving as a new, unusual but perhaps efficacious treatment for infertility" (McGee).

If humans are allowed to be cloned then doubtless these clones will bear their own children. The question is will these children have souls? Furthermore if a clone and a non-clone have a child will the child have a soul? These questions seem impossible to answer. Colin B. Donovan claims that if the processes, no matter how artificial and unnatural, result in a being that is materially human in makeup and can live and develop into a child, then that child will have a soul. The bible says the God knew each person that would be born, before the world was created. It is possible that God predestined clones to be formed as well. Sex and child birth is sacred in the eyes of God, and this fact leads to the conclusion that God does not want people to manipulate this process. Furthermore, God calls all people to inhabit the earth and subdue it. With this commandment God gave people the responsibility and permission to use animals as slaves. Many animals are slaves and yet because they have no soul and do not possess a high intelligence we do not consider them slaves. Is it only the soul that makes us human or is it just the ability to think logically? Mentally ill people do not have the ability of logical thought and yet people still consider them humans, and they have all the rights and more that other people possess. Therefore the ability does think logically is not the thing that makes us human. Clones do not have souls because they were not created by God as Adam and Eve were, but rather they were created by men.

It all comes down to the soul. Things of this earth are temporary but the soul is eternal. Clones do not have souls and so logically they could be used as slaves, just as humanity has used animals as their slaves. However this does not mean that they can be used for sex, or physically abused. The UShas laws that protect animals from abuse, and these laws would also be applied to clones.

Written by John Severin,

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5129689

Dartagnan
#81 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:51:47 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Dartagnan: Why do you want to clone an animal which disappeared from the Earth 10,000 years ago? 

Protect first the animals&trees which are on the earth before they disappeared instead of doing something you don't control the laws. 

South Korean and Russian scientists bid to clone a mammoth

Russian and South Korean scientists signed a deal on Tuesday on joint research intended to recreate a woolly mammoth, an animal which last walked the earth some 10,000 years ago.

The deal was signed by Vasily Vasiliev, vice rector of North-Eastern Federal University of the Sakha Republic, and controversial cloning pioneer Hwang Woo-Suk of South Korea's Sooam Biotech Research Foundation.

Hwang was a national hero until some of his research into creating human stem cells was found in 2006 to have been faked. But his work in creating Snuppy, the world's first cloned dog, in 2005, has been verified by experts.

Stem cell scientists are now setting their sights on the extinct woolly mammoth, after global warming thawed Siberia's permafrost and uncovered remains of the animal.

Sooam said it would launch research this year if the Russian university can ship the remains. The Beijing Genomics Institute will also take part in the project.

The South Korean foundation said it would transfer technology to the Russian university, which has already been involved in joint research with Japanese scientists to bring a mammoth back to life.

"The first and hardest mission is to restore mammoth cells," another Sooam researcher, Hwang In-Sung, told AFP. His colleagues would join Russian scientists in trying to find well-preserved tissue with an undamaged gene.

By replacing the nuclei of egg cells from an elephant with those taken from the mammoth's somatic cells, embryos with mammoth DNA could be produced and planted into elephant wombs for delivery, he said.

Sooam will use an Indian elephant for its somatic cell nucleus transfer. The somatic cells are body cells, such as those of internal organs, skin, bones and blood.

"This will be a really tough job, but we believe it is possible because our institute is good at cloning animals," Hwang In-Sung said.

South Korean experts have previously cloned animals including a cow, a cat, dogs, a pig and a wolf.

Last October Hwang Woo-Suk unveiled eight cloned coyotes in a project sponsored by a provincial government.