logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Sony Open 2013
Imnumber2
#123 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:19:38 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

It's not the right time still.....She has been playing a ot of tennis for the past two weeks, plus Serena is the toughest opponent and the heat I mean it's not helping much as a result 6-0 in the 3rd set. It's sucks BIG TIME.

Well, She has tried and I'm sure people starts to question whether Miami is the event she might never won. But let's look at the bright side, she won 1st against Serena so that's the good sign right?

Until then, rest well Maria!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Dartagnan
#69 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:20:40 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

THE UNBEATABLE HEROS : LANCE ARMSTRONG & SERENA WILLIAMS.

The 0 6 score at the end of the game shows us that Serena Williams is unbeatable !!!! there is 0% fatigue at the end of a final.  She is fresh as she has no play a tournament. 

Dartagnan: Serena Williams remembers me Lance Armstrong. I was 100% sure that Serana Williams' trap will work well. She gives you a chance to win a set then she wins the game. It worked very well. So people will tell that it is okay because Masha won a set this time. Anyway the trap works very well.

Ahhh.. I will add that Serena Williams is caught in her own trap.  

Maria Sharapova has to play her tennis, she doesn't need to worry about Serena Williams' case.

Even if Maria Sharapova lost all her matches vs Serena Williams. We will be proud of her, because she always tries to be better in tennis, she is a fair person. Tennis is a game, people love you when you are nice&fair but not always only for your victories. 

You have to be fair in life even if you have played tennis since you were 4 years old. 

The number of Masha's fan increases every day. 

BE CAREFULL MASHA !!! There is a trap!!!!

LANCE ARMTRONG: "I was a hero in cycle racing in the world but  finally I became the best cheater in all sport history so I lost all my money. I am nothing today." 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
frida on 3/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/31/2013(UTC)
Imnumber2
#124 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:54:36 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

I just watched the 1st set and IMO, Maria is playing ok, she hits really hard....but the condition is a little windy but I think she has improved against Serena. I think she is coming along.....so let's wait and see, I'm be patient.

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Dartagnan
#125 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 4:10:56 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Imnumber2;322708 wrote:

I just watched the 1st set and IMO, Maria is playing ok, she hits really hard....but the condition is a little windy but I think she has improved against Serena. I think she is coming along.....so let's wait and see, I'm be patient.

Maria Sharapova has improved against all the other tennis players of the planet. It is the best news of the day. 

BUT Let's not dream about Serena Williams' case, she can beat all tennis players of the planet by a 6 0 6 0 and at the end of a final. She is still very fresh and strong at the end of a final and at an old age. 

There is 0% fatigue at the end of a final.  She is fresh as she has no play a tournament. A real Robot of history. 

Don't worry about that there is a trap....100% sure. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

CROUCHING TIGER
#126 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:01:31 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

DAVAI MASHA !!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 3/30/2013(UTC), frida on 3/31/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#127 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:03:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 362 time(s) in 216 post(s)
So far I did not see the match. Looking at some pictures Maria looks very disappointed . Just can't believe that you play so well and all of a sudden the game is not there anymore. Like just not wanting to win this match. Let's hope Maria does not loses motivation , many titles and points to defend in the weeks to come.
CROUCHING TIGER
#128 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:04:10 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21983953

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

WHO WON THIS?

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 3/30/2013(UTC), frida on 3/31/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#129 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:26:15 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

CROUCHING TIGER;322713 wrote:

Yes we have to accept the fact that Maria Sharapova is a very good tennis player because she reached many finals&often wins them. Her motivation is still here. She will continue to win other tournaments. She has a lot of time&means for that.  She also has a good team to help her to realize her goals. 

3 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
frida on 3/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/31/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 3/31/2013(UTC)
Aussie4
#130 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:52:51 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm not too upset about this loss.

Yeah she didn't take her chances, but its the first time she's taken a set off Manrena since 08, when she was in top form having won AO and was about to be #1. That's something to be proud of.

Baby steps guys.... i feel she'll get a win off Serena sometime this year, just like she did against Vika last year.

Speaking of Vika, i wanna see her v Maria. They haven't faced off all year and i want Maria to smash the whailing bitch.

She's definitely the #2 player in the world no doubt, and her improvement from this time last year to now, is massive. I mean she just played 12 matches in 3 and a half weeks, more than any other player. If that isn't something to be proud of, then i don't know what is. She's come a long way from the Maria that would play a tournament a month because she lacked the stamina. As long as she stays healthy, there's no reason why she can't reach #1 and win a few more GS before she retires.

BRING ON THE CLAY COURT SEASON
3 users thanked Aussie4 for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 3/30/2013(UTC), frida on 3/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/31/2013(UTC)
pluran
#131 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:52:18 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Watching Serena Williams is like watching a linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles. This is not a normal thing. It's surprising that she ever loses. I think the photo with Lance Armstrong will be very telling in a few years.

2 users thanked pluran for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 3/31/2013(UTC), Brebis on 3/31/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#134 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:03:19 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/FIiHeBjK7b4

Serena Williams vs Maria Sharapova - WTA Masters MIAMI 2013 (Final) - Part1 Full

4 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 3/31/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 3/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/31/2013(UTC), Brebis on 3/31/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#132 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:43:34 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

pluran;322718 wrote:

Watching Serena Williams is like watching a linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles. This is not a normal thing. It's surprising that she ever loses. I think the photo with Lance Armstrong will be very telling in a few years.

In pro sport when you have a supplementary reserve of energy, it is normal that you become unbeatable because the other athletes don't have this supplementary reserve of energy. 

Alireza on 3/31/2013(UTC), frida on 3/31/2013(UTC)
Philli Wan
#135 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:40:52 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Have any of you read the interview on the home page, after the match?  Maria got pretty aggressive towards the interviewers who wanted to know what Thomas said to her when he came on to give her a pep talk.  She woiuldn't tell them.  Let me enlighten you.  It went something like this.

Thomas:  'What the fuck do you think you are doing out there? You were whipping her fat ass in the first set.  

Maria:  Yeah I know but the bitch has started to play harder and I'm having a hard time keeping up. 

Thomas: How many times have I told you not to let her piss you off.  

Maria:  It's easy for you to say, you're not out there facing her. 

Umpire: Time. 

Thomas:  Now come on, get your head out of your ass and get back into this match.  

Yep.  That's about how it went.

3 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 3/31/2013(UTC), PodgeMcQ on 3/31/2013(UTC), Aussie4 on 3/31/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#136 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:00:24 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

I don't think that Thomas was so rude to Maria Sharapova during his last intervention at the final of the tournament. A good coach should be comprehensible with the tennis player. He should be like a doctor, he has to release&help Maria Sharapova. The weak points of the player should be showed&corrected during the training but not during a tournament. 

I think Thomas has just told her some nice words to encourage her: " Come on Masha, don't discourage yourself, you have won the first set "

If Thomas were so rude to Maria Sharapova during tournaments&training, I think she would find a better coach. Her last coach used to tell her all the time that it was always her fault when she lost a match so she left him quickly. A good tennis player should understand her mistakes but she should not be terrified by her coach. 

According to Maria Sharapova Thomas is strict during the training. 

Anyway Maria Sharapova's life and tennis career continues...

Maria is in good health. It is the more important point. 

Philli Wan;322731 wrote:

Have any of you read the interview on the home page, after the match?  Maria got pretty aggressive towards the interviewers who wanted to know what Thomas said to her when he came on to give her a pep talk.  She woiuldn't tell them.  Let me enlighten you.  It went something like this.

Thomas:  'What the fuck do you think you are doing out there? You were whipping her fat ass in the first set.  

Maria:  Yeah I know but the bitch has started to play harder and I'm having a hard time keeping up. 

Thomas:  Now come on, get your head out of your ass and get back into this match.  

frida on 3/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 4/1/2013(UTC)
DannyCoco
#141 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:06:51 PM(UTC)
DannyCoco

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Pooor Maria. Lawd. I really thought  she had the match, but Serena was just too good after the first set. She clearly hates the thought of losing to Masha again. Still not over 2004, I guess, hehe.

Hopefully Maria can learn from it like Vika did after the USO. Though, I doubt that it will work like that. Vika beat an ailing and eratic Serena in Doha. Serena will never let her level drop like that against Maria for an entire match. 

Oh well, clay coming up! Claypova will shine *__*

2 users thanked DannyCoco for this useful post.
frida on 3/31/2013(UTC), Alireza on 4/1/2013(UTC)
DannyCoco
#137 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:59:01 PM(UTC)
DannyCoco

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Philli Wan;322731 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/w...mp;v=t9jv8DImyvs#t=6305s

The pep talk was from 1:45ish. He didn't say anything nasty. Maria pretty much followed his tactics throughout the match, hitting to the forehand and trying to break it down. And while it did break down for a set and a half, Serena stopped missing. That was the change.  At the end of the day Serena just lifted her level. No one can beat her in the type of form she showed during the second half of the match.

"she's showing her coach that she's struggling with your shots"

"you make 3 return winners and she misses like 35"

"she had 2 good returns on your second serve the entire match"

"keep serving on the body or to the forehand she will keep missing"

"she's shaking"

Thomas was relying on Serena f---king up. I think as the match went on, she was better off just trying to hit through Serena, than constantly trying to hit to her forehand to get an error. Serena figured it out and cleaned that part of her game up. Thomas' plan failed, and that's why I sometimes think Michael was the better coach for Maria in these types of match-ups. He didn't try to make Maria a tactical player; he encouraged her to be aggressive and to hit through her opponents, doing what she does best. Instead of taking a power-player and trying to water them down into an aggressive counter-puncher. The new Maria can beat almost everybody on tour because of what Thomas has done, but she can’t beat the best ball strikers when they’re on anymore because of that as well.

He’s taken away the fire in Maria’s game and made her smarter and faster, but that doesn’t work against the best. See the AO. The ball-bashing Maria of old would have beaten Li in the semis. But now, Maria’s far too passive. You will often see her hitting balls up the middle of the court during all of her matches these days. That never used to happen and she simply can’t do that against the best, if she doesn’t want to get eaten alive, that is. Thomas has made her a great claycourter with this slightly more tactical, quicker, Maria, but it just isn’t enough on other surfaces when she faces those that are on their game.

In the years of 2005/6 Maria never went down without a fight, she always made it close, because of how aggressive she was. Now… she gets beaten handedly whenever she runs into someone in-form because she simply isn’t the ball-striker she once was and that’s because of Thomas. You can’t take a power player and try and make them a counter-puncher ‘cause you ruin what they’re best at – ballbashing.

Brebis
#133 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:54:20 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 362 time(s) in 216 post(s)

pluran;322718 wrote:

I agree . Serena is a great player but I am starting having my doubts that she is so full of energy at her age. Then I am not even talking about the power. Where is all that coming from ??  Anyway , the day that she is confessing she used dope , I will be on the first fligh to Florida and ......!!!

1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 3/31/2013(UTC)
Aussie4
#138 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 2:30:26 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

DannyCoco;322736 wrote:

Philli Wan;322731 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/w...mp;v=t9jv8DImyvs#t=6305s

The pep talk was from 1:45ish. He didn't say anything nasty. Maria pretty much followed his tactics throughout the match, hitting to the forehand and trying to break it down. And while it did break down for a set and a half, Serena stopped missing. That was the change.  At the end of the day Serena just lifted her level. No one can beat her in the type of form she showed during the second half of the match.

"she's showing her coach that she's struggling with your shots"

"you make 3 return winners and she misses like 35"

"she had 2 good returns on your second serve the entire match"

"keep serving on the body or to the forehand she will keep missing"

"she's shaking"

Thomas was relying on Serena f---king up. I think as the match went on, she was better off just trying to hit through Serena, than constantly trying to hit to her forehand to get an error. Serena figured it out and cleaned that part of her game up. Thomas' plan failed, and that's why I sometimes think Michael was the better coach for Maria in these types of match-ups. He didn't try to make Maria a tactical player; he encouraged her to be aggressive and to hit through her opponents, doing what she does best. Instead of taking a power-player and trying to water them down into an aggressive counter-puncher. The new Maria can beat almost everybody on tour because of what Thomas has done, but she can’t beat the best ball strikers when they’re on anymore because of that as well.

He’s taken away the fire in Maria’s game and made her smarter and faster, but that doesn’t work against the best. See the AO. The ball-bashing Maria of old would have beaten Li in the semis. But now, Maria’s far too passive. You will often see her hitting balls up the middle of the court during all of her matches these days. That never used to happen and she simply can’t do that against the best, if she doesn’t want to get eaten alive, that is. Thomas has made her a great claycourter with this slightly more tactical, quicker, Maria, but it just isn’t enough on other surfaces when she faces those that are on their game.

In the years of 2005/6 Maria never went down without a fight, she always made it close, because of how aggressive she was. Now… she gets beaten handedly whenever she runs into someone in-form because she simply isn’t the ball-striker she once was and that’s because of Thomas. You can’t take a power player and try and make them a counter-puncher ‘cause you ruin what they’re best at – ballbashing.

But the Maria of 05/6 wasn't as consistent, winning so many matches, or making as many finals as the Maria post Thomas is. Serena just stepped it up, and when she's on, she's on. I mean she played a horrible match in the Doha final and still managed to push Vika who was playing at her peak.

I do agree though, Maria was playing a little bit too defensive in the 3rd set, and she just seemed deflated. She had a very competitive match with Serena at Wimbledon '10 mainly because she was being hyper agressive and not getting into any rallies. It's the exact same thing she did to Vika last year at Stuttgart, the Championships and the 1st set of her US semi.... i feel she needs to adopt the same hyper agressive strategy against Serena and just hit through her. 

CROUCHING TIGER
#142 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 3:13:02 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Petrova & Srebotnik On Top In Miami

PETROVA-SREBOTNIK win doubles...DAVAI !!!

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 4/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#143 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 3:15:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Petrova/Srebotnik Win Doubles Crown

Third seeds Nadia Petrova and Katarina Srebotnik captured their second team trophy of the year on Sunday in Miami, defeating wild card pair Lisa Raymond and Laura Robson 6-1, 7-6(2) in the Sony Open Tennis final.

The Russian/Slovenian pair converted five of their 10 break points to seal the win in 70 minutes. The two were contesting their fifth final in 2013, having also finished runner-up in Doha, Dubai and Indian Wells.

“The first set we were very focused,” Petrova said. “We really tried to be dominant. I think that worked. We broke them a couple of times. It was really important for us to start strong.”

Petrova was appearing in her fourth straight final with her fourth different partner at Crandon Park and successfully retained the trophy after triumphing last year with countrywoman Maria Kirilenko. Srebotnik also collected her second trophy in Miami, having captured the crown in 2008 with Ai Sugiyama.

“I like this place. I live here,” said Petrova. “I'm sticking till the end. I have nowhere to rush. I go home between the matches and I just feel really good here.”

Raymond and Robson were making their team debut his week and took out three seeded opponents, including World No. 1 pair Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci, in the semifinals.

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 4/1/2013(UTC)