logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<12345>»
Sony Open 2013
Imnumber2
#42 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:47:33 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6,240

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

well done for the 2nd round. can't say much but hopefully someone will upload the match on youtube!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
1 user thanked Imnumber2 for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/24/2013(UTC)
Imnumber2
#43 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 11:05:11 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6,240

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

it's up on youtube and Masha continues to play very well. Good job!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhbEJVFMtVs

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
5 users thanked Imnumber2 for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 3/22/2013(UTC), Brebis on 3/23/2013(UTC), frida on 3/23/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/23/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/24/2013(UTC)
raf72
#44 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:01:34 AM(UTC)
raf72

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: BasicUsers
Joined: 10/31/2012(UTC)
Posts: 89

Thanks: 146 times
Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)

...Rain and black-out...but Maria has played well...   


And now against E. Vesnina...GO MARIA GO!!!   

1 user thanked raf72 for this useful post.
nazanine on 3/23/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#45 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 3:37:11 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,010

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Good win, nice outfit ! A couple of Russians next. Can't remember the last time Maria had a rain delay . 2011 ?

CROUCHING TIGER
#46 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 4:45:47 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6,237

Thanks: 1940 times
Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
http://youtu.be/o62xlfaIn1A

Maria Sharapova vs Eugenie Bouchard Sony Open Tennis Miami 2013 full Match


WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
3 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 3/23/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 3/23/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/23/2013(UTC)
frida
#47 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:32:49 AM(UTC)
frida

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/24/2012(UTC)
Posts: 819

Thanks: 1497 times
Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Two-time champion Victoria Azarenka withdrew from the Sony Open before her opening match Friday because of a lingering right ankle injury.

The third-ranked Belarusian was replaced by lucky loser Lauren Davis of the United States.

The same injury forced Azarenka to withdraw before her quarterfinal match a week ago at Indian Wells because of inflammation and tendinitis.

Earlier this week, the third-ranked Azarenka was optimistic she would play. On Friday, she released a statement saying she's ''been working very hard to rehab'' her ankle, but ''it is still not fit to play.''

Without Victoria, Struggle for title will between Maria & Serena !
Good luck Maria :)
3 users thanked frida for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 3/23/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/23/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/24/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#48 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:55:35 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,010

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Originally Posted by: frida Go to Quoted Post
Two-time champion Victoria Azarenka withdrew from the Sony Open before her opening match Friday because of a lingering right ankle injury.

The third-ranked Belarusian was replaced by lucky loser Lauren Davis of the United States.

The same injury forced Azarenka to withdraw before her quarterfinal match a week ago at Indian Wells because of inflammation and tendinitis.

Earlier this week, the third-ranked Azarenka was optimistic she would play. On Friday, she released a statement saying she's ''been working very hard to rehab'' her ankle, but ''it is still not fit to play.''

Without Victoria, Struggle for title will between Maria & Serena !
Good luck Maria :)
One match at the time ! Do not underestimate Kvitova, Errani, Kerber,Radwandska.

3 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 3/23/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/23/2013(UTC), frida on 3/23/2013(UTC)
frida
#49 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:48:15 AM(UTC)
frida

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/24/2012(UTC)
Posts: 819

Thanks: 1497 times
Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)
I know they are top players with great skills , but Maria and Serena are big favorites for title :) But of course Maria must be careful :)
1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/24/2013(UTC)
frida
#50 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:51:00 AM(UTC)
frida

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/24/2012(UTC)
Posts: 819

Thanks: 1497 times
Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)
The second round of the Sony Open Tennis wrapped up on Friday evening, even after rain broke up the order of play - and amongst the winners was the No.3 seed, Maria Sharapova.

Sharapova had a relatively average start to the match against Eugenie Bouchard - the two held serve in the first three games, leaving Bouchard up, 2-1. But Sharapova went on maximum overdrive from there, winning 11 games in a row for a 62 60 victory. Sharapova won 27 of 29 points in one stretch.

"It's always tough transitioning to the first match of a new tournament, especially after the great week I had in Palm Springs," Sharapova said afterwards. "Everything's different - the stadium is different, the weather's different - so obviously I'm happy I was able to play well in my first match tonight."

With Victoria Azarenka's withdrawal earlier in the day, Sharapova is left as a strong favorite to reach the final on her half of the draw - but the four-time runner-up is hoping for one better this time.

"I've had good success at this tournament," Sharapova said. "I haven't won it, but I've been to a few finals. I'd love to take it further and win this tournament - it would really mean a lot to me.

"Today was a good start."

There was one distraction, though - a lengthy rain delay and a power outage, too. "I was just trying to find a quiet corner where I could just rest and wait it out, I guess," Sharapova said. "I've been on the tour for many years and I've been part of a few delays. Maybe not a power outage, but you treat it as maybe a rain delay and as soon as you have to get out just do a quick warm-up and be ready."

Next for Sharapova is the No.29 seed, Elena Vesnina - the two are tied in their head-to-head, 1-1.

"We haven't faced each other in a long while," Sharapova said. "It's always tough to play against a compatriot. She has a tough game, very flat strokes, but I'm really looking forward to it. I just have to be competitive and play my game and be aggressive, and we'll see how it goes on Sunday."

Sharapova wasn't the only Top 8 seed who took the court under the lights, with No.8 seed Sara Errani beating Daniela Hantuchova, 63 61. Errani now has a WTA-leading 22 match wins on the season.

Other seeds winning later on were No.12 seed Ana Ivanovic, who beat Urszula Radwanska, 62 61; No.14 seed Maria Kirilenko, who toughed out a 41-minute second set to beat American qualifier Bethanie Mattek-Sands, 61 64; No.22 seed Jelena Jankovic, who broke Victoria Duval back at 5-4 in the second set and eventually finished the American wildcard off in straight sets, 63 75; and No.32 seed Alizé Cornet, who was a game away from losing down 75 54 but edged Laura Robson, 57 75 61.

The only upset later on in the day saw Simona Halep beat No.26 seed Tamira Paszek, 61 67(4) 75, fighting back from a break down in the third set to win her second straight marathon of the week - she also won 7-5 in the third set in the first round against former Top 15 player Sabine Lisicki.
3 users thanked frida for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 3/23/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 3/23/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/24/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#51 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:56:50 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6,237

Thanks: 1940 times
Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

Rare but great pic this one !



WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 3/23/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 3/24/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#52 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 4:24:45 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,010

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Easy ride again for Serena. In her half Wozniacki and Kvitova are out ! So you can come to the conclusion already that Serena stays at # 1 after this tournament.

Alireza
#53 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:48:52 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/13/2011(UTC)
Posts: 868

Thanks: 2107 times
Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Maria's next match is against Vesnina in R3! Maria has played well!
Yes, Serena is ready for winning but after Maria's winning at Indian Wells, now she is on fire!


I hope Maria plays well and beats Serena and shows that she is better than Serena! If Maria loses against Serena again , it will be really embarrassing! 


Go  Go Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
2 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 3/24/2013(UTC), frida on 3/25/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#55 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:15:08 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,010

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Alireza Go to Quoted Post


Maria's next match is against Vesnina in R3! Maria has played well!
Yes, Serena is ready for winning but after Maria's winning at Indian Wells, now she is on fire!


I hope Maria plays well and beats Serena and shows that she is better than Serena! If Maria loses against Serena again , it will be really embarrassing! 


Go  Go Maria


Unfortunate to say but it is already ambarrassing ! Remember Olympics last year ?  Pffffff.

Dartagnan
#54 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:59:29 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 4,879

Thanks: 1382 times
Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Alireza Go to Quoted Post


Maria's next match is against Vesnina in R3! Maria has played well!
Yes, Serena is ready for winning but after Maria's winning at Indian Wells, now she is on fire!


I hope Maria plays well and beats Serena and shows that she is better than Serena! If Maria loses against Serena again , it will be really embarrassing! 


Go  Go Maria



                               


LANCE ARMTRONG: "I was a hero in cycle racing but  finally I became the best cheater in all sport history so I lost all my money. I am nothing today." 


Don't worry about it. The more Serena Williams wins at an old age, the more she remembers people Lance Armstrong: the best cheater in all sport history.


The fact that the usa authorities condemned Lance Armstrong, means that in the usa, there are fair people who catch cheaters at any moment of their life even if these cheaters are very rich&old. I mean you can be catched at any time.  


Just read what some people think about Serena Williams: 


http://becausesportmatte...gs-deceit-and-deception/


Maria Sharapova has to play her tennis, she doesn't need to worry about Serena Williams' case.


Even if Maria Sharapova lost all her matches vs Serena Williams. We will be proud of her, because she always tries to be better in tennis, she is a fair person. Tennis is a game, people love you when you are nice&fair but not always only for your victories. 


The number of Masha's fan increases every day. 



"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.



2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/24/2013(UTC), tiramiisu on 3/24/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#56 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:20:27 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,010

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

A win is a win but very sloppy play of Maria. Not fast and aggressive enough. Needs to get better tomorrow.


Will the conditions be the same tomorrow ? 

raf72
#57 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:30:42 PM(UTC)
raf72

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: BasicUsers
Joined: 10/31/2012(UTC)
Posts: 89

Thanks: 146 times
Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
A win is a win but very sloppy play of Maria. Not fast and aggressive enough. Needs to get better tomorrow.


 


Yes, I agree with what you say...but we must hope that Maria will play better tomorrow!!!   

1 user thanked raf72 for this useful post.
frida on 3/25/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#58 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:31:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,010

Thanks: 260 times
Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Don't like it that Maria plays at 9 pm Miami time tomorrow. 1. because it's more cold for her body 2. because if she wins she has less time to rest for Tuesday's match 3. because I can't watch it as I will be asleep 4. what if there is a rain delay, she might need to play 2 matches on Tuesday 5. The stadium is more empty, less support. Crap it is but hope she wins ofcourse.
tiramiisu
#59 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:18:08 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: BasicUsers
Joined: 9/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 32

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
Don't like it that Maria plays at 9 pm Miami time tomorrow. 1. because it's more cold for her body 2. because if she wins she has less time to rest for Tuesday's match 3. because I can't watch it as I will be asleep 4. what if there is a rain delay, she might need to play 2 matches on Tuesday 5. The stadium is more empty, less support. Crap it is but hope she wins ofcourse.


From what I saw on the tournament schedule, I think there are Women's Singles Quarterfinals on Wednesday as well. Think they are splitting the Quarterfinals into two days, same goes with Men's Singles. Think she will probably play on Wed instead? 


Definitely agree with you, hopefully everything turns out nicely, no rain, no delay. Perhaps the audience support won't be too bad, since there are many avid tennis fans around :)

Imnumber2
#61 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:38:59 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6,240

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

It's a muggy day so I consider a good win for Maria especially in 2 set.

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
paul_pipkin
#60 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:53:18 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,620

Thanks: 1697 times
Was thanked: 1866 time(s) in 1236 post(s)

Originally Posted by: tiramiisu Go to Quoted Post


Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
Don't like it that Maria plays at 9 pm Miami time tomorrow. 1. because it's more cold for her body 2. because if she wins she has less time to rest for Tuesday's match 3. because I can't watch it as I will be asleep 4. what if there is a rain delay, she might need to play 2 matches on Tuesday 5. The stadium is more empty, less support. Crap it is but hope she wins ofcourse.


From what I saw on the tournament schedule, I think there are Women's Singles Quarterfinals on Wednesday as well. Think they are splitting the Quarterfinals into two days, same goes with Men's Singles. Think she will probably play on Wed instead? 


Definitely agree with you, hopefully everything turns out nicely, no rain, no delay. Perhaps the audience support won't be too bad, since there are many avid tennis fans around :)



Tuesday (26 March) GMT  thus 02:00 am in Western Europe.
01:00am Sharapova - Zakopalova (21:00 Mon EDT Miami) Streams likely via the World Feed, perhaps thru al-Jazeera HD2.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Users browsing this topic
Guest
8 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.