logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<1234>»
Sony Open 2013
robb
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:43:06 AM(UTC)
robb

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Aussie4 Go to Quoted Post
there's a reason why no one completes the IW-Miami double. Its basically 4 weeks of concentration needed, not only that, but the physical fitness also. I expect Serena to eat the field alive here. Vika is still injured im guessing, and I don't see Maria getting to the final...... even if she does, Serena will brush her aside, unless she has a very OFF day.

Not being pessimistic.... just realistic

agreed...unfortunately. 

Brebis
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:27:49 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

Think I'm going to be sick

Good, stay in bed and never get out anymore. Finally we get some rest , ppppffffff  

Dartagnan
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:41:35 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: robb Go to Quoted Post

there's a reason why no one completes the IW-Miami double. Its basically 4 weeks of concentration needed, not only that, but the physical fitness also. I expect Serena to eat the field alive here. Vika is still injured im guessing, and I don't see Maria getting to the final...... even if she does, Serena will brush her aside, unless she has a very OFF day.

Not being pessimistic.... just realistic

agreed...unfortunately. 

You are so fast !!! I think it is realistic to say that Maria Sharapova can defeat Serena Williams. 

But Nobody knows when Maria Sharapova is going to defeat Serena Williams. 

It can happen at any time. It only depends on Maria Sharapova. When she will be ready, she will destroy Serena Williams on the court. 

Maria Sharapova should not be afraid of Serena Williams, Maria&her team should have a plan&strategy to defeat Serena. Even a doped sport person or a Dinosaur can be defeated. It depends on your strategy. 

There is always a strategy to defeat a tennis player. Don't be afraid of the physical apparence of a tennis player. You just need to apply the right strategy. I remember that Dementieva or Stosur often defeated Serena Williams. Even the small Makarova destroyed her one day. Many tennis players have defeated Serena Williams. 

The important factor for Maria Sharapova's victory is the patience. Maria Sharapova should never lose her patience. 

Maria&her fans should be patient. I promise you 100% that Maria Sharapova will defeat Serena Williams. So don't push Maria Sharapova, she should be free to take the right decision for the final victory. 

Is Serena still breaking Rackets? 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
frida on 3/21/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Aussie4
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:32:23 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
the day she beats serena you can all message me and call me a hypocrite and say i told you so. Until then, i will standby my view that she will NEVER beat Serena unless she stops thinking about how badly Serena has destroyed her over the past 9 years.

Not an easy thing to do, by any means.
Hesco
#29 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:29:06 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Vamos Maria win Miami!!!!!!
paul_pipkin
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:48:03 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

But FIRST, Masha will play Eugenie "Genie" Bouchard (born February 25, 1994) the Québécoise wildcard. Definitely worth the watch.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
4 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
frida on 3/21/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 3/21/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/21/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:29:18 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

the day she beats serena you can all message me and call me a hypocrite and say i told you so. Until then, i will standby my view that she will NEVER beat Serena unless she stops thinking about how badly Serena has destroyed her over the past 9 years.

I message you now and call you a hypocrite. Serena has no destroyed Masha. Masha plays her tennis with the help of her "new team". Serena is not unbeatable, many tennis players have defeated Serena Williams. 

The fact that Maria Sharapova has lost to Serena Williams several times doesn't mean that Maria Sharapova can't defeat Serena. It is just a question of time&training.  Masha will use new means if necessary. 

Maria Sharapova is more patient than you Aussie4 !!!!

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 3/21/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:48:40 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

HOT PIC   Dart :)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:37:30 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Bouchard to face Sharapova in Miami

March 20, 2013 · Print This Article

Eugenie Bouchard (Westmount, QC) advanced to the second round of the Sony Open on Wednesday evening, a joint ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier event currently underway in Miami, Florida.

The 19-year-old Canadian, who was awarded a main draw wildcard for the event in Key Biscayne, posted her second win over Shahar Peer of Israel 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 to advance to meet world no. 2 Maria Sharapova of Russia on Friday afternoon.

Bouchard also defeated Peer in the opening round of the Rogers Cup presented by National Bank in Montreal last summer, 7-5 in the decisive third set after a gruelling encounter. This is also the first time since the Rogers Cup that Bouchard has won a main draw round at a WTA Premier event.

Friday’s meeting with Sharapova will mark the third time that Bouchard has faced a Top 10 opponent after previously facing Andrea Petkovic and Sara Errani. She also played Grand Slam champion Na Li last summer in Montreal.

Sharapova completed the career Grand Slam last year at Roland-Garros and also won a silver medal at the Olympic Games in London. She arrives in Miami fresh from having captured her 28th career WTA title at Indian Wells last week.

Bouchard is one of the players who was chosen by Sharapova to wear her Nike line of tennis clothing.

P.S. Lovely Québécoise had the attention of many, tennis- and "otherwis":)

4 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 3/21/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/21/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 3/21/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 3/21/2013(UTC)
frida
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:17:18 PM(UTC)
frida

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Let's have some news about other players in Miami :)

Miami Day 3 Preview

Last year's champion Agnieszka Radwanska starts her defense against Hsieh Su-Wei in Miami on Thursday. After receiving first round byes, Thursday will see the seeds in the top half of the draw make their bow at this year's Sony Open Tennis. Agnieszka Radwanska and Marion Bartoli face tough matches against Hsieh Su-Wei and Andrea Petkovic, while Venus Williams takes on Kimiko Date-Krumm.

Thursday, Second Round

[4] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL #4) vs. Hsieh Su-Wei (TPE #38)
Head-to-head: first meeting
Agnieszka Radwanska won the biggest title of her career in Miami 12 months ago and begins her defense with a potentially tricky encounter against the wily Hsieh Su-Wei. Like Radwanska, Hsieh is more artisan than aggressor, with a veritable smorgasbord of shots up her sleeve.

After a difficult few months, Hsieh hinted at a return to form during a straight set victory over high-flying Leisa Tsurenko in the first round, and she will need to raise her game a further notch if she is to trouble Radwanska, who has lost just twice (and one of those came by way of injury) in her last 56 matches against players outside the Top 30.

[19] Venus Williams (USA #18) vs. Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN #78)
Head-to-head: Williams leads 2-0
When Kimiko Date-Krumm made her Key Biscyane debut back in 1991, 25 of the players in this year's main draw were yet to be born. However, judging by her performances over the last six months, she is showing no sign of slowing down. The 42-year-old has won 24 of her last 32 matches on tour and looked particularly sharp in swatting aside Chanelle Scheepers in the opening round.

Her reward for this is a meeting with another of the WTA's evergreen stars, Venus Williams. Although she has played just two events this season, Williams' magnificent record in Miami ensures she will have a spring in her step on Thursday evening; in 13 previous appearances, the American has won a staggering 51 matches, picking up the title in 1998, 1999 and 2001.

[10] Marion Bartoli (FRA #11) vs. [WC] Andrea Petkovic (GER #162)
Head-to-head: Petkovic leads 3-2
Former World No.9 Andrea Petkovic faces the first real test of her latest comeback when she takes on Marion Bartoli. A succession of injuries over the past 14 months has resulted in Petkovic slipping out of the Top 100, but despite her recent inactivity she will be buoyed by her performance in the last round.

Against Bojana Jovanovski on Wednesday, she dropped just four games, and if her favored forehand continues to fire, she is certainly a very live underdog. Bartoli has had an up and down year, but, with two semifinal runs in her past three visits, is always a tough nut to crack on the Crandon Park hardcourts.

Also on court…
No.1 seed and five-time Miami champion Serena Williams begins her campaign against Flavia Pennetta, while Caroline Wozniacki, Petra Kvitova and Sloane Stephens are also in action.
4 users thanked frida for this useful post.
nazanine on 3/21/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 3/21/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 3/21/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Imnumber2
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:14:15 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

But FIRST, Masha will play Eugenie "Genie" Bouchard (born February 25, 1994) the Québécoise wildcard. Definitely worth the watch.

I agree with you. BTW, does anybody know the heat factor between Indian Wells and Miami?

I hope Maria can maintain the same rythm, I want to see her measuring up against Serena & Vika.

Best of luck Maria!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
paul_pipkin
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:29:08 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Imnumber2 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

I agree with you. BTW, does anybody know the heat factor between Indian Wells and Miami?

I hope Maria can maintain the same rythm, I want to see her measuring up against Serena & Vika.

Best of luck Maria!!!

"Not so much the heat as humidity". B) Seriously, IW dry desert, Miami between the sea & a swamp, y'know? 

Friday (22 March)  GMT  (Posted so far at Streamhunter.eu)  
19:00 Del Potro - Kamke (ATP Miami)
21:00 Sharapova - Bouchard (WTA Miami) (17:00 local EDT) British Eurosport 2 HD
Saturday (23 March)  
00:00 Djokovic - Rosol (ATP Miami)

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#36 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 1:27:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

They Said What? Growthapova:)

http://www.tennis.com/pr...-what-growthapova/46836/

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Brebis on 3/22/2013(UTC), frida on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Aussie4
#27 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 3:07:03 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

I message you now and call you a hypocrite. Serena has no destroyed Masha. Masha plays her tennis with the help of her "new team". Serena is not unbeatable, many tennis players have defeated Serena Williams. 

The fact that Maria Sharapova has lost to Serena Williams several times doesn't mean that Maria Sharapova can't defeat Serena. It is just a question of time&training.  Masha will use new means if necessary. 

Tennis is 90% mental, 10% physical. I don't care how much physical training Masha does; she needs mental training in order to beat Serena. The beast is in her head, and until Masha learns to get over the beast intimidation factor, i expect more thrashings.

She's improved a lot don't get me wrong, and has performed better against Serena her last two meetings, but there is still so much more she needs to do before she will beat Serena.

frida
#38 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 6:24:56 AM(UTC)
frida

Serena Wins First Match Back At No.1

Serena Williams fought off all seven of Flavia Pennetta's break points to win her Sony Open Tennis opener. Garbiñe Muguruza, Magdalena Rybarikova and Ayumi Morita all picked off seeds.

Serena Williams made a strong start to her latest stint as the No.1 player in the world on Thursday, beating Flavia Pennetta in her opening match at the Sony Open Tennis, 6-1 6-1.

There were some difficult moments, though. Serving in the first game of the match Williams hit two double faults in the first three points and fell behind 0-40 - she also converted on just five of 18 break point chances in the match. But she also fended off all seven of Pennetta's break chances and after an hour and 17 minutes the No.1-ranked, No.1-seeded Williams was through to the next round.

"It was a little frustrating because I felt like I should be putting the balls away more quickly, but she was so quick and was running every ball down," Williams said. "I was trying to get myself more pumped up and more energetic out there, because I believe she was ranked in the Top 10 at one point.

"I think I was off, footwork-wise, but it's always good to win a match and then just keep going."

Williams was playing her first match since becoming the oldest player to rank No.1 in the world.

"My attitude is that it always feels better when you're No.1," Williams commented. "There's nothing like when they announce you and they say, 'The No.1 player in the world.' So for me it definitely gives me a little bit more confidence, I think a little bit more pep in your step. It's just a great feeling."

With such a legendary career already, what could possibly keep Williams motivated to keep going?

"This keeps me going - I'm No.1, I'm pretty good at it still. If I'm doing something well, I don't want to stop, and I shouldn't stop. I don't have to play another match, but I'm having fun, I'm enjoying it.

"Normally the history books wouldn't really matter to me but when you get closer to a goal, you can't help but start thinking, 'Okay, I want to do history.' In retrospect I have made history already, so I just try to keep it going a little bit at a time. I don't know if I could ever top Margaret Court's record, but it would be exciting to try and reach some of my fellow countrywomen who are ahead of me."

This fortnight Williams could become the first player ever to win the Sony Open Tennis six times - she is currently tied for the all-time record with Steffi Graf, having won the Premier title five times.

"Growing up this was dubbed the fifth Grand Slam - it's not a Grand Slam, but it's definitely a great tournament," Williams said. "It would be really cool to have the record. But I have a lot of matches to play these two weeks. If I can just stay relaxed, I feel like I can do it. But sometimes I'm my own worst enemy. I just need to get through every match, one at a time, and we'll see what happens here."

Elsewhere, Petra Kvitova and Caroline Wozniacki were grinding out three set wins, with the No.7-seeded Kvitova rallying from a set down to beat Peng Shuai, 57 62 62, and the No.9-seeded Wozniacki doing the same to beat Czech qualifier Karolina Pliskova, 57 63 63. No.13 seed Dominika Cibulkova also moved through but only needed two sets to do it, out-hitting Kristina Mladenovic, 6-2 6-3

A few of the lower seeds weren't so lucky, with No.23 seed Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova falling to Spanish wildcard Garbiñe Muguruza, 46 62 62; No.27 seed Mona Barthel missing out on two set points in the second set and falling to Magdalena Rybarikova in straight sets, 63 76(5); and No.31 seed Yanina Wickmayer succumbing to the two-handed blasts of Japanese No.1 Ayumi Morita, 7-6(2) 2-6 6-3.
Brebis
#37 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 6:31:51 AM(UTC)

[quote=CROUCHING TIGER;322480]They Said What? Growthapova:)

http://www.tennis.com/pr...-what-growthapova/46836/[/quote] Great article , a must  read''  for our friend Philli.

1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
frida on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#39 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 6:33:13 AM(UTC)

I do not follow it anymore, is Azarenka playing in Maimi or not ?
frida
#40 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 6:47:51 AM(UTC)
frida

Yeah , She plays in  Miami and will face Madison Keys  :)

CROUCHING TIGER
#41 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 12:09:54 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

NO...that ankle injury again made Vika withdraw...

Two-time @[114503378846:274:Sony Open Tennis] champ @[120532084628430:274:Victoria Azarenka] has withdrawn from Miami due to a right ankle injury. <br /><br />Get better Vika!

Dartagnan
#28 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 4:47:26 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Tennis is 90% mental, 10% physical. I don't care how much physical training Masha does; she needs mental training in order to beat Serena. The beast is in her head, and until Masha learns to get over the beast intimidation factor, i expect more thrashings.

She's improved a lot don't get me wrong, and has performed better against Serena her last two meetings, but there is still so much more she needs to do before she will beat Serena.

I disagree with you. You mean the "Beast" has a better mental state than Maria Sharapova that is why she defeats her often.

I would like to know what the "Beast" eats for lunch before tournaments. 

I would like to remember you that in sport the physical condition is more important than the mental condition that is why many african sport persons beat several records in sport (race). BUT AT A YOUNG AGE. They rarely beat record at an old age. We have to think about it. 

Yes the mental state is important for the victory. Masha should increase it a lot, but it is not enough. You also need a good strategy built by you&your team. You also need to be strong&fast&clever. There is many factors that you should take into account. But the more important ones are the physical state&your strategy&patience. You have to study the weak points of your opponent on the court. If your opponent is not patient enough and nervous, you can use this advantage to create a strategy that will destroy her immediatly. 

It is also the goal of Masha's team to find a solution to her trouble with Serena. They are paid for that so they have to move their ass to stop the "Beast". 

"I HAVE A BETTER MENTAL STATE THAN YOU !!!"