logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<678910>»
Roger Federer
frida
#141 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:58:17 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)

Maradona met Tennis stars at Dubai ! Argenitne soccor legend Diego Maradona met Roger, Delpo and Nole on Wednesday at Dubai Duty Free Championship . 

"It's pleasure to share moments with Diego" said Del Potro."all the argentine people love him,and he's our No.1 sports representative in the world.To hit some balls with him here in this stadium ,It is amazing for me."

Maradona, Federer

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 2/28/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/4/2013(UTC)
frida
#142 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:41:10 AM(UTC)
frida

Novak beats Andreas Seppi 6-0 6-3 to reach Dubai semi finals .
Semi final draws : Juan Martin Del Potro V Novak Dojovic      Tomas Berdych V Winner odFederer - Davydenko match

It looks like a Federer - Djokovic final is coming, But of course, Juan and Tomas are really dangerous, But actually, I want a Federer - Del Potro final Good luck for both :)
Allez Roger ;)

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/1/2013(UTC)
frida
#144 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:11:37 PM(UTC)
frida

Fed took first set 6-2 against Nikolay ;) Keep going ! Best of luck for you :)
Alireza on 3/1/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#143 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 3:21:29 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Originally Posted by: frida Go to Quoted Post

Novak beats Andreas Seppi 6-0 6-3 to reach Dubai semi finals .
Semi final draws : Juan Martin Del Potro V Novak Dojovic      Tomas Berdych V Winner odFederer - Davydenko match

It looks like a Federer - Djokovic final is coming, But of course, Juan and Tomas are really dangerous, But actually, I want a Federer - Del Potro final Good luck for both :)
Allez Roger ;)

Unfortunately Roger couldn't reach to final, Frida! Roger lost in semifinal against Berdych, 6-3  6-7  4-6

That was really close match specially in the second set, but finally Berdych beat Roger! Final match will between Novak and Berdych!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
frida
#145 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 1:53:39 AM(UTC)
frida

Yeah , It was very close , Roger took first set 6-3 and in the second set and especially tie break he fought amazing to prevent third set .Honestly , I'm not sorry ! Cause I see he fights amazing for success and with every match he gets more closer to success . As I said , score was very close and winner could be Roger instead of Tomas .
Although he lost , It doesn't mean Roger is done for me :P I will continue supporting :) Cause season continues and there is a lot of tournaments to defeat and also win ;) Especially Cincy is waiting Roger , For a bagel again :D :P
Good luck Fed ! Allez ! :)

Alireza on 3/2/2013(UTC)
frida
#146 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:11:58 AM(UTC)
frida

I don't know why , But Roger always had a problem against Tomas since I began supporting Roger! I have no idea about that !
“It's just disappointing losing this way. I think it's the third time I lost [with] match points against Tomas, twice in singles and once in doubles,” reflected Federer. “It's just one of those matches you feel you should have won but end up losing. When you lose with match points, you always have a lot of regrets. That's one of these matches again tonight.
I'm happy that I've played better after the first set here at the tournament, which really got me worried for a second,” said Federer. “Obviously I bounced back in the second and the third set. Then I played good tennis against Marcel Granollers, Nikolay Davydenko and also today for long periods during the match. But [I was] still maybe a touch up and down, which really can happen.”
Don't worry Roger , Indian wells begins next week ;) Roger is defending champion there, too !
Best of luck for you :)
Alireza on 3/2/2013(UTC)
frida
#147 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:07:02 AM(UTC)
frida

Though draws for Roger :D
Defending champion Roger Federer could meet his great rival Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals of the BNP Paribas Open in what is a testing draw for the 31-year-old Swiss. Even before a potential meeting with Nadal, Federer could have a re-match of last year’s final against American John Isner in the fourth round.
Federer is seeded No. 2 on his 13th appearance at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden and opens his title defence against either Denis Istomin or a qualifier. Also in his section is French No. 28 seed Julien Benneteau, whom he lost to in last month’s Rotterdam quarter-finals, countryman Stanislas Wawrinka and two-time former champion Lleyton Hewitt. Federer has a 39-8 record at this ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament, winning the title in 2004-2006 and 2012.
Alireza on 3/6/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/7/2013(UTC)
frida
#149 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:12:39 AM(UTC)
frida

nazanine on 3/7/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#148 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:20:18 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Though draws for Roger :D
Defending champion Roger Federer could meet his great rival Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals of the BNP Paribas Open in what is a testing draw for the 31-year-old Swiss. Even before a potential meeting with Nadal, Federer could have a re-match of last year’s final against American John Isner in the fourth round.
Federer is seeded No. 2 on his 13th appearance at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden and opens his title defence against either Denis Istomin or a qualifier. Also in his section is French No. 28 seed Julien Benneteau, whom he lost to in last month’s Rotterdam quarter-finals, countryman Stanislas Wawrinka and two-time former champion Lleyton Hewitt. Federer has a 39-8 record at this ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament, winning the title in 2004-2006 and 2012.

We should wait and see what will happen! Novak is on fire, Nadal is back and Roger wants to beat all the oppenents and win this tournament after Dubai!

I'm sure we will see a great tournament and great matches between ATP players!

frida
#150 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 2:40:31 AM(UTC)
frida

Roger 'Excited' To Have Rafa Back
World No. 2 Roger Federer has been presented a challenging road to a successful title defence at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells. One man the Swiss maestro could potentially face off against in the quarter-finals is chief rival Rafael Nadal, a player Federer is thrilled to have back competing on the ATP World Tour.

“I only just saw him yesterday after my practice. I was really excited to see him again,” said Federer. “We hadn’t had much contact. I think he wanted to get away from it all, which I really understand. I was really happy to see him doing so well in Acapulco. It’s great to see him here playing on the hard courts. I’m hoping to catch up with him this week.”

Federer is seeking his first trophy of the year. After reaching the semi-finals at the Australian Open (l. to Murray), the 31 year old missed out on retaining crowns in Rotterdam, where he lost to Julien Benneteau in the quarter-finals, and Dubai, where he relinquished three match points against Tomas Berdych in a semi-final clash.

Assessing his season thus far, Federer said, “I think I played really well in Australia. Rotterdam, I was disappointed with. I felt I could have done better. I played so well the year before. I never really got going. Dubai was a bit unfortunate losing with three match points and having to explain the loss when you feel you should be preparing for the final. What happened, happened. I’m playing fine. Obviously I hoped to have won a tournament by now but I’m happy with my game.”

If Federer is to get things going again, Indian Wells may just be the place the start. In 2012, the 21-time ATP World Tour Masters 1000 champion became the first male to triumph at the event four times, defeating John Isner in the final.

“Indian Wells is peaceful and nice and quiet for my family and I. The fans come out here and really know the game of tennis,” said Federer. “The facilities are becoming more fantastic for everyone involved. That’s exciting to see. And then it has a beautiful center court with a great atmosphere. It’s a prestigious tournament. All the greats show up here every year and you want to compete with the best.”
Alireza on 3/8/2013(UTC)
frida
#151 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:19:37 AM(UTC)
frida

World No. 2 Roger Federer opened his title defence at the BNP Paribas Open on Saturday with a 6-2, 6-3 victory over Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan. The Swiss improved to a 40-8 record at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, lifting the trophy in 2004-‘06 and 2012 (d. Isner).

Federer needed just 58 minutes to beat Istomin for the fourth time in four meetings. He won 32 of 36 of his service points and broke Istomin four times from seven opportunities.

"It felt good from the start and was able to maintain that level of play," said Federer. "I never thought he got into the match at all. That gives you obviously even more confidence."

The 31-year-old Federer is bidding to win his first title of the season after semi-final showings at the Australian Open (l. to Murray) and Dubai (l. to Berdych) and a quarter-final exit in Rotterdam (l. to Benneteau). Federer has won a record 21 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophies.

In the third round, Federer will face Croatia’s Ivan Dodig, who defeated Julien Benneteau of France 6-4, 6-2 in 82 minutes.

Allez fed :) ;)
nazanine on 3/11/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/13/2013(UTC)
frida
#152 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:26:27 AM(UTC)
frida

Roger Federer is among the Top 10 power players of world sport according to Sports Illustrated, the U.S. magazine.

The Swiss superstar is No. 3 in the list, behind NBA basketball star LeBron James and golfer Tiger Woods. Serena Williams, the WTA World No. 1, is seventh overall.

Sports Illustrated writes, “Never mind that he’s the most decorated men’s tennis player ever, is there a more likeable athlete?

“A 2011 Reputation Institute study listed Federer, 31, as the second-most-respected man in the world – behind only Nelson Mandela.”

Federer will play his compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka in the BNP Paribas Open fourth round on Wednesday :)
Good luck ! :)
Alireza on 3/13/2013(UTC)
frida
#153 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:53:04 AM(UTC)
frida

Here we go again ...
Federer vs. Nadal :D
This is what I'd been waiting :D It's coming true now ! Rafa & Roger Quarter final clash !
Alireza on 3/14/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#154 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:17:44 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Here we go again ...
Federer vs. Nadal :D
This is what I'd been waiting :D It's coming true now ! Rafa & Roger Quarter final clash !

Woow, what a match it will be! Nadal vs Roger!

I think that Nadal will play more aggressively than Roger, Nadal wants to recoup!

I wish it becomes a really good match and fans enjoy watching!

Good luck for both of them! ;-)

1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 3/15/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#155 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 12:11:11 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Roger lost against Nadal, 4-6  2-6!

Indian Wells official website news:

Two-time BNP Paribas Open champion Rafael Nadal put together a comprehensive performance to defeat long-time rival and defending titlist Roger Federer 6-4, 6-2 in their quarterfinal showdown on Thursday evening.

Nadal avenged his semifinal loss to the Swiss a year ago at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden and upped his FedEx Head2Head series with Federer to a 19-10 record. This marked the first time the two squared off this early in a tournament draw since 2004, when Nadal won their first meeting in the third round of the Sony Open Tennis in Miami.

The 26-year-old Nadal is through to his eighth consecutive semifinal and fifth in Indian Wells. He lifted trophies in 2007 (d. Djokovic) and 2009 (d. Murray). He and Federer are tied for the most ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crowns with 21. Nadal will face off against Tomas Berdych for a place in the final on Saturday.

With the loss, Federer could be overtaken by Andy Murray for No. 2 in the Emirates ATP Rankings should Murray reach the final. Federer has been dealing with a back issue during the tournament, but did not use it as a reason for his defeat, having come through a three-setter a day earlier against compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka.

“[It was the] same as against Stan. I mean, I could play,” said Federer. “I'm happy to be out there and able to compete. But it's obviously a small issue.”

Fifth seed Nadal pressed Federer's serve frequently in the first set by being the more aggressive player. After missing out on a break point chance at 2-3, the Spaniard broke the World No. 2 in the seventh game with a cross-court backhand pass. Trailing 3-5, Federer wiped away two set points on his serve before Nadal locked up the set on his fourth opportunity.

The Mallorcan opened a 3-0 double break lead in the second set, making the most of his trademark forehand when Federer approached the net. The crowd came alive when Federer reached break point for the first time in the fourth game and erupted when he broke to get on the scoreboard. But Nadal wasn’t fazed and he took advantage of uncharacteristic errors from Federer to convert his fourth break for a 5-2 lead. He closed out the victory in 84 minutes.

frida on 3/15/2013(UTC)
frida
#156 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 5:52:48 AM(UTC)
frida

Congratulations to Rafa fans :) Rafa played an excellent tennis ;) Good luck for next match :)
Alireza on 3/15/2013(UTC)
frida
#157 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 5:54:25 AM(UTC)
frida

Sportmanship is this ...

Alireza on 3/15/2013(UTC)
frida
#158 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 2:19:49 PM(UTC)
frida

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Alireza on 3/29/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#159 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 2:53:04 PM(UTC)
Alireza

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

That was wonderful! :D :D

frida on 3/30/2013(UTC)
frida
#160 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:44:18 AM(UTC)
frida

Murray Saves 1 M.P. To Edge Ferrer For Miami Crown and No.2
Second seed Andy Murray became the first ATP World Tour player to save a match point in the Sony Open Tennis final on Sunday, edging third-seeded David Ferrer 2-6, 6-4, 7-6(1) for his second Miami trophy. With the win, Murray will rise to No. 2 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, overtaking Roger Federer.

Murray claimed his ninth ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown and first since the 2011 Shanghai Rolex Masters, when he also prevailed over Ferrer for the title. The Scot, who also triumphed at Crandon Park in 2009, is the seventh player to win multiple titles in Miami. He improved to 26-14 in tour-level finals and collected his second trophy of the year, having successfully retained his trophy in Brisbane International (d. Dimitrov).
Alireza on 4/3/2013(UTC)