logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
Indian Wells
Brebis
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:58:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Originally Posted by: sowei Go to Quoted Post
cheap louis vuitton clothing
cheap gucci shoes
cheap true religion jeans
Cheap Louis Vuitton Clothing,Discount Gucci Shoes,Replica True Religion Jeans From China.
Wholesale Price Nike Shoes,Air Jordan Shoes,Gucci Handbag,Armani Jeans,True Religion Jeans By Louis Vuitton,Christian Louboutin,Lacoste,Burberry Shoes From China.
What are you doing here. Go back to the market.

5 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 3/6/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/7/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/7/2013(UTC), frida on 3/7/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 3/8/2013(UTC)
frosty628
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 10:44:39 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Good luck Maria in Indian Wells. Love you. You are such an amazing tennis player. Go Get them.

1 user thanked frosty628 for this useful post.
frida on 3/7/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 11:00:17 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: frosty628 Go to Quoted Post

Good luck Maria in Indian Wells. Love you. You are such an amazing tennis player. Go Get them.

Welcome, frosty.  No streams yet, but here is the Thursday OOP: http://www.wtatennis.com.../posting/2013/609/OP.pdf

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
nazanine
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 1:30:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Maria will face Francesca Schiavone in second round .
Good luck :)
1 user thanked nazanine for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/7/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 2:14:14 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Tennis adopts biological passport, increased blood testing...finally 'cos there's dope in the circuit...

http://www.theglobeandma...-testing/article9438651/

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
nazanine on 3/9/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 4:21:27 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

[quote=CROUCHING TIGER;322158]Tennis adopts biological passport, increased blood testing...finally 'cos there's dope in the circuit...

http://www.theglobeandma...-testing/article9438651/[/quote] Finally, finally theye are able to do more tests on Serena's blood. Also more checks on where abouts so expect that Serena will pop up with a doping story.

2 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
frida on 3/7/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 3/8/2013(UTC)
frida
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:12:31 PM(UTC)
frida

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)

http://www.head.com/g/images/banner/bright_banner_racquet_maria_big.jpg

Maria's new racquet

The new HEAD Graphene™ Instinct racquet featuring the revolutionary HEAD Graphene™ racquet technology has been providing Maria Sharapova with even more effortless power on the court since beginning of the 2013 tennis season. And after Novak Djokovic has impressively proven the benefits of his new HEAD Graphene™ Speed in a secret testing session released earlier this year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-tcp630D28), it is now time for Maria Sharapova to show off her skills with her new weapon of choice.

In a new commercial released on www.youtube.com/headtennis by HEAD Tennis today Maria Sharapova puts her HEAD Graphene™ Instinct to the ultimate test of power - under very special conditions. Since Maria had a surprise appearance in Novak's testing session, HEAD asked Novak Djokovic to play a supporting role in the new film to witness Maria's skills of power and precision - but once again, Maria keeps the upper hand in the fun rivalry between the two HEAD tennis stars.

The new film continues HEAD's multi-level, digital and retail communication campaign supporting the introduction of the new 2013 HEAD racquet collection. The objective of the campaign is to activate tennis players around the world to try out the new racquets and experience HEAD's innovative Graphene™ technology. HEAD's global Test&Win promotion is offering all players, who test the new Graphene™ racquets and leave their review on www.head.com/G or www.facebook.com/headtennis, the chance to win a training session with Maria Sharapova and Novak Djokovic. Furthermore, this spring local 'Graphene™ Days' will take place in many countries around the globe to give tennis fans the chance to test the racquets, provide feedback and win a brand new Graphene™ racquet.

Graphene™ is a unique material consisting of a single two-dimensional layer of carbon atoms with exceptional properties. It's extremely lightweight but has a breaking strength 200 times greater than steel. The integration of Graphene™ in the racquet shaft allowed HEAD engineers to reduce weight in the middle part of the tennis racquet and shift it to functionally more relevant areas in the grip and the head instead. This unique construction with Graphene™ technology allows for the first time an optimal redistribution of weight in HEAD racquets: more weight in the grip makes the racquet more manoeuvrable and easier to swing; more weight in the racquet head enables even more powerful shots.

"The racquet has been further developed and suits my game perfectly", says 2012 French Open champion Maria Sharapova. "It's not a winning guarantee, but it's pretty close!"

HEAD players Tomas Berdych and Marin Cilic will also swing their new Graphene™ Instinct MP racquets again at the ATP Indian Wells Masters 1000 tournament this week.

2 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/8/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/9/2013(UTC)
raf72
#29 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:50:31 AM(UTC)
raf72

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)

Maria defeats F. Schiavone 6-2 6-1...Masha has played a very good match!!! Now she will play against C. Suarez Navarro in the next round...GO MARIA GO!!!

2 users thanked raf72 for this useful post.
frida on 3/9/2013(UTC), nazanine on 3/9/2013(UTC)
nazanine
#30 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 1:16:08 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 33 post(s)
World No. 3 Maria Sharapova opened her BNP Paribas Open campaign in impressive style on Friday at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, dismissing 2010 Roland Garros champion Francesca Schiavone 6-2, 6-1.

The Russian, who won the Indian Wells title in 2006 (d. Dementieva), dropped only nine points on serve and converted all six of her break points to clinch victory in 62 minutes. Sharapova has a 9-2 match record on the season, reaching the semifinals at the Australian Open (l. to Li) and Doha (l. to Williams).

"She's a tough first round, that's for sure," said Sharapova. "No matter where she is in the rankings, she has experience, has a Grand Slam behind her back. She likes those center court matches. She lives in those opportunities.

"Once I started being a little bit more aggressive, I felt like I had an edge on her. This is a long tournament. As a seeded player, you have six matches. The philosophy is you want to get your job done, and if it takes three hours, that's what it takes."

Carla Suarez Navarro set a potential third-round clash with second seed Maria Sharapova after winning an all-Spanish contest with Silvia Soler-Espinosa 6-1, 6-1.
2 users thanked nazanine for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/10/2013(UTC), frida on 3/11/2013(UTC)
matchpoint
#31 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:09:39 PM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

It would be swell if someone with a good sense of neurology would give some physical description of Maria's form. Many claim she is (just a little bit) too tall for this sport, which does favor a low center of gravity. I guess I wish I could watch the matches, and would appreciate some descriptions of what she looks like, how she moves, on court. What color is her dress? Does she seem relaxed, is she bending her knees, or just her back? What about her facial expression as she hits her forehand? Does it indicate she is at her breaking point? Or does it indicate she can go even harder...? Does her legwork look natural, are her shoes making little squeak squeak squeak sounds, and does she seem comfortable when hitting on the run, at full extension? I am always amazed at the imbecile announcers who exclaim 'and that was on the dead run!' when describing a simple well placed shot. Those are among the least stressful, most easily decided upon for placement, in all of tennis. Now look what you made me do! Grrr.

I always thought being just a little bit too tall could actually work to one's advantage, in as much that you could take balls high, or low (if you are willing to get down on a regular basis), and really level out the flight path on high balls, using less topspin. In fact, lashing at the ball with backspin is devastating to opponents who are so accustomed to waiting for the ball to hop up to them. Ever try to return a serve that has nothing but backspin on it? It is likely you will miss the ball completely! You can make yourself lower, but you cannot make yourself more tall...it's in the knees, and thigh muscles. That's where all the action is. Using height to one's advantage would mean that one would need to lower one's self in order to have strategic shot placement on low balls, but the advantage of using this quick drop in body center of gravity would be that you can add extra spring into the shot by using the legs as they extend. In baseball, pitchers use the same leg extension technique to approach 100 mph fast balls, by driving the leg extension energy forward. 

I admit I don't really follow the modern game. I see where players are forced to take the ball, on their modern unyielding racquets, and I inwardly cringe. No wonder they are constantly fussing with their strings. There isn't even time for the ball to settle into the strings, so no longer does one try for the middle of the racquet face. It used to be that by looking at a player's strings, one could determine whether or not they had skill at hitting. Today's players are forced to pick up the ball at the wrong edge of the frame. But I have good nerve-memory of tennis, and can pick up a racquet and have it mastered again in moments, when I feel like lacing up some shoes. Call me barracuda. Sometimes I need to lash out at things. Babolat left me cold, and my Wilson Staff is barely tolerable, since I find it's sterile and joyless to hit with, but necessary, when competing. Using a wood racquet is like using a wood bat when everyone else is using aluminum clubs. If what happened to tennis happened to baseball, infielders would bne wearing body aromour. Pitchers would need to pitch from behind sand bags. 

Start with her dress color, please. Describe her earrings, and necklace, if any. Does she look as though she has sufficient synovial fluid? Some of us are flying blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57oBC_WLsYA (live dance version)

http://www.youtube.com/w...;list=PL44EE77EFFC6F97BF (high fidelity for headphone and in home use)

I cite Nadal as being the poster boy for the physiological ravages of modern racquet technology. Well, Agassi first, for being first to ruin the sport by figuring out the base line tactic, turning the sport into little more than outdoor ping pong, which cost him his back. Connors' game remained the same even when he tried the very worst material; steel. He was that talented, and kept his shots level. I know his mother had something to do with it. It took an Agassi to figure out what damage could be wielded with modern racqets. But I do maintain that the opposite is possible: once having experienced modern racquets, one can work in reverse, and produce power from wood rivaling modern wands, just with less accuracy. If you watch old matches, you would guess the film speed is slowed, or not working right, the projector broken. So maybe tennis is a sport which has been woken up...but I insist that classical body form has diminished because the racquets allow it.

Everything Rafa does is the exact opposite of what should be done. He plays with too small of a grip, and shoes to boot, just so he can take advantage of the light sabre like dynamics of the racquet, and awful speeds of the court. We have seen how players can now hit between the legs from behind and hit winners, just by making contact with the ball. Even a classic style player like Federer (I count him as one of the few who would still be a champion given a wood racquet) will make classless remarks about how he loathes the drop shot, and despite his illustrious career, he will never have the touch of a McEnroe, or Connors, or Sampras. Indeed I have watched Roger lose half a dozen critical matches because of the drop shot, or lack of it. He never saw it coming because he never learned of it's usefulness in warfare. 

Instead of positioning the body frame for the ball, using classic physical form as was necessary with wood, we now require light speed reactions to ball speed, and throw classical form preparedness right out the window. Nadal takes every ball, no matter how high, and expends endless energy into putting more loopy topspin on the shots, so hypnotized is he by the spins that technology enables. Look what it has done to his body though. The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone and so on. I was awoken this morning with a 2.8 jolt, thousands of miles distant, and among the shadowed revelations I tried to recall, I also brought forth the entirety of precisely why Nadal's game fails. It isn't obvious. This deserves another topic in and of itself. In fact, Nadal should pay me to explain this to him, while he recovers. I'm not sure I that I would encourage my children to aspire to become pro tennis players, nowadays. It's almost as if the goal is to see how well one can contort the skeletal system and musculature to combat the abuse. 

CROUCHING TIGER
#32 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:29:14 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/Qdf19IIBK6o

Maria Sharapova vs Francesca Schiavone Indian Wells 2013 R2 - FULL MATCH

5 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/10/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 3/10/2013(UTC), Brebis on 3/10/2013(UTC), frida on 3/11/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 3/12/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#33 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:49:17 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

WTA is corrupt as hell, so i often wonder what's that relationship towards them? Play their game

on the outside problably? Or goes it both ways...y'know,"i'll scratch yours...." ?

matchpoint
#35 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:44:32 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Tiger...what are you musing about...? I think I see what you mean, sorry. I have read so many stories that sank my heart, and there may be another one tomorrow, and the latest was just a month or so ago. So forgive my expository piece. It may be best to just avoid news of any sort.

On topic, I saw John McEnroe a few (maybe more) years ago, at a match against Mansour Bahrami.

Afterwards, while walking alongside his crew, trying to get an autograph on my Dunlop Maxply cover, I heard him nearly begging for contracts, work of nearly any sort, making jokes about it and all. He was about to get in his car for the airport, and was in a rush. I heard him chuckle 'I'll take anything...' as he started for the compact. He was not doing any commercials as I recall, and I tried to tell him that I enjoy his announcing...that the Maxply is still a good racquet, and can I please have my sharpie back..? What I really wanted was to get into a talk on the virtues of wood. I realized he heard me and wasn't listening, though. I was embarassed since the sharpie was not in real nice condition for signing autographs. 

It's sad, but viability in professional tennis ends in mere minutes. I'm a little sad now when I realize that in a shutterflash, I saw Roddick come and go. I recall seeing his debut in SI, and wrote him off as nobody to worry about when I read the article. He was being boasted as a 'big serve', at over 140. I knew that spelled trouble for his game. He was waiting for 'his turn', all through his career. Now he's gone...and maybe learning to play the guitar. Come to think of it...he did mention that he has a nice big front porch on his house. I remember stuff. Either I need to stop having moments that I recognize will become memories, before they do become just that, or just forget them after the fact. I don't like either option. It would be nice to be allowed to hum to myself when indoors, however. You can never be too certain about anything when that something means a great deal. That's why I do, and don't, sleep well at night.

Thanks for the YT link, it was enjoyable to watch.

paul_pipkin
#34 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 2:02:56 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

WTA is corrupt as hell, so i often wonder what's that relationship towards them? Play their game

on the outside problably? Or goes it both ways...y'know,"i'll scratch yours...." ?

Masha maintains whatever relationships she must to enhance a $25mil+ per year business--and has since she was 17 years old. Pretty shrewd, I'd say.

The WTA mike cover is in use a lot now to scotch over whatever the current upheaval in global broadcasting consists of. It does not necessarily signify the proprietary "world feed".

You'll notice commentators you previously associated with Eurosport and a few Yanks from the world feed are now heard thru al-Jazeera, Doha Sport & the like. (British Eurosport, of course, is still in the game.) And at Indian Wells, ESPN did NOT move into the breach. Instead, The Tennis Channel (previously jealously proprietary of their 10% market share) is subcontracting their feed to al-Jazeera & others globally.

But hey, move that Sugarpova product!  

Next opponent will be 19 yr-old Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino of España. ДАВАЙ Маша!!!

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 3/11/2013(UTC)
raf72
#36 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
raf72

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)
...Maria can play better than yesterday, it's sure...even if in the last games she has obtained a lot of winners!!! And now another match against a Spanish player...GO MARIA GO!!!! <3
CROUCHING TIGER
#37 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 11:53:47 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

CROUCHING TIGER
#38 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 11:58:35 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/QcPFTCUD5zU

Carla Suarez Navarro vs Maria Sharapova - WTA INDIAN WELLS 2013 (R3) - Full Match

5 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 3/11/2013(UTC), Brebis on 3/11/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 3/12/2013(UTC), frida on 3/12/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 3/12/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:14:50 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 (20:00 GMT) (21:00 CET)

Stadium 1

13:00 PDT
-
Lara Arruabarrena                          (ESP)                                         
V
[2]      Maria Sharapova                          (RUS)                      

2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
frida on 3/12/2013(UTC), Alireza on 3/12/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:53:42 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Magnitude 4.7 earthquake shakes wide area of Southern California; no damage reported

INDIAN WELLS, Calif. — A modest earthquake left Southern California with the jitters Monday but no serious damage as the temblor caused swaying and rolling from the desert to the coast, sending children scrambling under their desks and office workers running for the door.

The 9:55 a.m. quake had an estimated magnitude of 4.7, said Nick Scheckel, seismic analyst at the California Institute of Technology’s seismological laboratory in Pasadena.

The epicenter was about a dozen miles from the Riverside County desert community of Anza, about 100 miles southeast of Los Angeles, and it was felt strongly at the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament happening in nearby Indian Wells.

The temblor, which occurred at a depth of eight miles, caused a swaying or rolling motion in Los Angeles and San Diego as well as in Orange and San Bernardino counties. It was sandwiched between several foreshocks and aftershocks.

http://www.washingtonpos...-461ffa2e34e4_story.html

3 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 3/12/2013(UTC), appaloosa on 3/12/2013(UTC), frida on 3/12/2013(UTC)
appaloosa
#41 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:04:39 AM(UTC)
appaloosa

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Thanks for that, Paul. Reminds me of all the trips I have taken to California (business). Once we circled the San Fransisco airport for 45 minutes until the quake main shocker was over, then landed. I have encountered many. It becomes the norm. You pick yourself up, if need be, say "Oh well" and carry on. Maria is built of tough stuff. She won't let it faze her and it won't affect her game.