logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
SPORT NEWS
CROUCHING TIGER
#61 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:33:38 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
THE CONFESSION SHOW...Really, this was all very well staged from ALL PARTIES. About time they go higher

to the TOP-UCI...those are the guys who close their eyes for "a few $$$ more" !!!

http://uk.eonline.com/news/379840/lance-armstrong-admits-to-doping-his-denials-were-quot-one-big-lie-that-i-repeated-too-many-times-quot-he-tells-oprah-winfrey?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#62 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 3:55:57 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

CROUCHING TIGER;321414 wrote:
THE CONFESSION SHOW...Really, this was all very well staged from ALL PARTIES. About time they go higher

to the TOP-UCI...those are the guys who close their eyes for "a few $$$ more" !!!

http://uk.eonline.com/news/379840/lance-armstrong-admits-to-doping-his-denials-were-quot-one-big-lie-that-i-repeated-too-many-times-quot-he-tells-oprah-winfrey?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

http://www.utexas.edu/features/archive/2004/sports.html

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#63 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 3:59:10 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia’s Shipulin wins biathlon sprint gold

биатлон шипулин антон шипулин

Russia’s Anton Shipulin won the men’s 10 km sprint at the Italian round of the Biathlon World Cup in Antholz-Anterselva on Friday.

Shipulin shot clean stopping the clock at 22 min 45.8 sec

Norway’s Emil Hegle Svendsen came second and Slovenia’s Jakov Fak - third.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#64 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:14:32 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

THE BAD END OF A SPORT ADVENTURE

Cyclist Lance Armstrong is interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in Austin, Texas

Cyclist Lance Armstrong is interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in Austin, Texas

Lance Armstrong has denied offering money to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to suppress the damning report that led to his Tour de France victories being wiped from the record books.

Armstrong confessed Thursday that all seven of his wins in the Tour de France were the result of taking performance-enhancing drugs.

“Nobody, I had no knowledge of that,” he said when about his rumors his representatives had offered USADA as much as $250,000 to suppress the report, which alleged he was at the center of the most sophisticated doping operation in sporting history.

The second part of Armstrong’s recorded interview with U.S. chat show queen Oprah Winfrey, broadcast Friday, focused largely on his feelings of shame at having doped, with few revelations about how the process worked.

The Texan, 41, said he would “selfishly” like his lifetime ban from competitive cycling to be lifted.

“Realistically, I don't think that's going to happen,” he said, adding he still wanted to run the Chicago marathon “when I’m 50.”

Armstrong said he had suffered a huge financial impact when his sponsors left him following the USADA revelations last year.

“I’ve certainly lost all future income,” he said. “That was a $75 million day. Gone, gone, and probably never coming back.”

Armstrong also described his past actions as “narcissistic” and said he wanted to live a more honest life.

Conclusion: Amstrong's sport career is also a good lesson for those who still use fobidden drugs in pro sport. 

Dartagnan
#65 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:54:00 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian Nikolaev of Kamaz wins Dakar trucks

Jan 20, 2013

Russian Kamaz Team Sweeps Podium at Dakar-Trucks

MOSCOW, January 20 (RIA Novosti) - Top Kamaz driver Eduard Nikolayev has won the 2013 Dakar Rally in the truck category while his two teammates, Airat Mardeyev and Andrei Karginov, took the second and third place, respectively.

The 34th annual event kicked off on January 5 in the Peruvian capital, Lima, and ended on Saturday in the Chilean capital, Santiago.

It consisted of 14 grueling stages, spanning over 8,500 kilometers of desert and mountainous tracks in the Latin American countries of Peru, Argentina and Chile.

Nikolayev won the title for the first time in his career, while the Kamaz-Masters truck team became the winner of the event for the 11th time in a spectacular comeback from a poor showing last year.

“For me, it's a dream come true, a dream which began five years ago when I got into a racing Kamaz for the first time as a mere mechanic,” Nikolayev said after the announcement of the results on Saturday.

“It's simply incredible! I'm on cloud nine,” the Russian driver said.

The awards ceremony will take place outside La Moneda Presidential Palace in Santiago on Sunday.

Top Kamaz driver Eduard Nikolayev has won the 2013 Dakar Rally in the truck category

Dartagnan
#66 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:47:30 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Don't forget to meet Maria Sharapova at Sochi 2014 !!!  Sharapova for SAMSUNG. 

SOCHI WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES

Sochi Tickets to Range from $33 to $1,320 - Report

January 21 (R-Sport) - Ticket prices for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics will range from $33 to $1,320, according to a report published Monday in Russian daily Izvestia.

The prices appear to reflect chief organizer Dmitry Chernyshenko's pledge to cater to pockets of all sizes for the February 2014 extravaganza.

Hockey fans will be hit the hardest, as usual, with the most expensive tickets running at 40,000 rubles ($1,320) for the men's final, the newspaper said. The cheapest seats are to go for 7,000 rubles ($230).

Figure skating is the next most popular event after hockey, and the prices reflect that: Catching the men's and women's singles programs will set spectators back $65 to $650.

Those hoping to enjoy the Games on a shoestring may wish to attend the women's team luge, where tickets will be on offer for $33. Entry to the biathlon, ski jump, speedskating and curling events will be available at $50 to $214.

The report has prompted Sochi organizers to issue a statement saying that the final prices were yet to be confirmed.

"The order and conditions of ticket acquisition will be announced by the organizing committee together with the start of sales" in February.

"Most of the tickets will be available in the following price categories: 1,000 ($33), 1,500 ($50), 2,500 ($82), 3,000 ($100)."

Sports fans wishing to simply soak up the Olympic atmosphere can pay $6 for entry to the Olympic Park without competition access.

Russian President Vladimir Putin earlier this month signed into law a bill imposing fines of up to $33,000 for touts caught making money from tickets at the Games.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/22/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 1/28/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:55:40 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Schwarzenegger: I’ll be back for Sochi Olympics

Jan 23, 2013

Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger came to Moscow Jan 23 to promote his new movie The Last Stand. He met with reporters and told them about his childhood heroes, ageing and his favorite toy. Mr. Universe 1969 remembered some Soviet bodybuilders and spoke about the Sochi Olympics.

The Terminator is back to screens again after serving two terms as a Cali governor. He admits it was a little bit scary to be back in the business after eight years.

In his new film the ex-Governor plays a small-town sheriff trying to hold off drug dealers on the Mexican border.

The Russian title of the movie is Hero’s Comeback which is a great choice as Arnie returned to his leading man status. However, his new character is not a superhero but an aged man tired of life and seeking peace in a small town where he is challenged again.

“It’s hard to play an old man as I’m forever young” says Arnold, 65. However, he is in great shape though eight years of governorship had their effect. The actor is now surrounded by bodyguards and his speech is full of diplomatic twists. Thus, being asked whether he could follow Depardieu’s example and apply for the Russian citizenship, the actor praised the US tax system which is so different from the French.

Schwarzenegger’s interview was quite reserved except for his favorite theme: bodybuilding. Mr. Universe 1969 remembered some Soviet bodybuilders and spoke about the Sochi Olympics.

The actor couldn’t help his excitement when he spoke about his favorite toy - his beloved M47 tank. “I refurbished and repainted it and I use it driving children around. Recently, I drove the press around in the tank”.

This speech left no doubt – Schwarzenegger is really back.

paul_pipkin on 1/28/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 2/2/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#68 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:02:41 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia's Tudegesheva wins World Snowboard Cup in slalom

Russia's Ekaterina Tudegesheva has become two-time winner of the World Snowboard cup in the parallel slalom. Competitions were held in Stoneham, Canada.

On Sunday Tudegesheva was faster than her rival in the final, Swiss Patrizia Kummer. The Russian was ahead of Kummer by 4 tenths of a second, and in the second attempt - by 1second, 82 hundredths.

At the semifinal stage Tudegesheva was able to leave behind qualification winner Amelie Kober of Germy, who eventually finished third.

RIA

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/28/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#69 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 4:22:20 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia wins gold at World Junior Biathlon Champs

Jan 31, 2013 

13.01.2012 Австрия юношеские зимние Олимпийские игры биатлон медаль Ульяна Кайшева Инсбруке победа Австрия

Ulyana Kaisheva

On Thursday, Russia’s team won the women’s relay race at the 2013 World Junior Biathlon Championships in Obertilliach, Austria.

Winning gold were Svetlana Mironova, Victoria Slivko and Ulyana Kaisheva.

Silver and bronze went to Ukraine and Switzerland, respectively. 

CROUCHING TIGER on 2/2/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#70 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:38:58 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Dartagnan : Sometimes it is better not to celebrate the Valentin's day

Brain has thin line between love and hate, scientists reveal

Feb 19, 2013 

South African Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius said Tuesday he fired at the door of the bathroom where his 29-year-old lover was hiding as he was "filled with horrible fear" that someone has sneaked into his home through an open window.

"I fired shots at the door and shouted at the toilet," he said in a statement read out at a court hearing where he faces a charge of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

According to earlier media reports, the 26-year old athlete, who has both his legs amputated below the knees, shot down his girlfriend by accident. He says he took her for a robber.

'She locked that door for a purpose. We'll get to that purpose. 'That is where she was when those shots were fired. She couldn't go anywhere. It must have been horrific.'

Yesterday it  emerged that sportswear brand Nike, one of the athlete's main sponsors, has no plans to use Oscar Pistorius in future ad campaigns.

There really is a thin line between love and hate - at least in the brain, scientists have shown.

A new study reveals that the brain's "love" and "hate" circuits share identical structures.

Both include regions known as the putamen and insula which are linked to aggression and distress.

Professor Semir Zeki, who carried out the brain scan study at University College London, said: "Hate is often considered to be an evil passion that should, in a better world, be tamed, controlled, and eradicated. 

"Yet to the biologist, hate is a passion that is of equal interest to love.

"Like love, it is often seemingly irrational and can lead individuals to heroic and evil deeds. How can two opposite sentiments lead to the same behaviour?"

In an attempt to find out, Prof Zeki's team scanned 17 male and female volunteers while they looked at pictures of individuals they hated, as well as familiar "neutral" faces.

Viewing a hated person activated distinct areas of the brain described by the scientists as the "hate circuit".

Previously, the same team had carried out a similar study of people shown pictures of their romantic partners.

The "hate circuit" was found to include structures important for generating aggressive behaviour, and translating angry thought into action.

It also involved a part of the frontal cortex critical to predicting the actions of others.

The putamen and insula are two distinct structures in the sub-cortex, which lies behind the cerebral cortex, or "thinking" region.

Earlier work has implicated the putamen in the perception of contempt and disgust and it may also be part of the motor system that is mobilised to take action. The insula controls the brain's distress response.

Prof Zeki said: "Significantly, the putamen and insula are also both activated by romantic love. This is not surprising. The putamen could also be involved in the preparation of aggressive acts in a romantic context, as in situations when a rival presents a danger.

"Previous studies have suggested that the insula may be involved in responses to distressing stimuli, and the viewing of both a loved and a hated face may constitute such a distressing signal.

"A marked difference in the cortical pattern produced by these two sentiments of love and hate is that, whereas with love large parts of the cerebral cortex associated with judgment and reasoning become de-activated, with hate only a small zone, located in the frontal cortex, becomes de-activated.

"This may seem surprising since hate can also be an all-consuming passion, just like love. But whereas in romantic love, the lover is often less critical and judgmental regarding the loved person, it is more likely that in the context of hate the hater may want to exercise judgment in calculating moves to harm, injure or otherwise extract revenge."

The activity of some of the structures varied according to how much "hate" a volunteer said he or she felt.

A state of hate could therefore be objectively quantified, said Prof Zeki, whose research is reported in the online journal PLoS One.

He added: "This finding may have legal implications in criminal cases, for example."

There remains one big difference between love and hate. While romantic love is directed at just one person, hate can target numbers of individuals or groups defined by their race, gender, social or cultural background or political beliefs.

Prof Zeki now plans to investigate these different varieties of hate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2280929/Oscar-Pistorius-Blade-Runner-sobs-prosecutor-accuses-premeditated-murder-girlfriend-Reeva-Steenkamp.html?ICO=most_read_module

nazanine on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#71 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:48:39 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

"Blade Runner" 'fought non-stop' with girlfriend before killing

Feb 20, 2013

"Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius returned to court Wednesday to hear explosive allegations that he fought "non-stop" with his slain girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on the night of her killing. With the South African sporting hero already facing a tough fight to win bail, the prosecution presented police evidence to flesh out the charge he deliberately murdered the cover girl on Valentine's Day.

Prosecutor Gerrie Nel told the court that an unnamed witness "heard talking that sounded like non-stop fighting from two to three in the morning" shortly before Steenkamp was found dead at Pistorius's Pretoria home last Thursday.

Detective Hilton Botha said 29-year-old Steenkamp was shot three times through the bathroom door, with wounds to her head, elbow and hip.

Botha said the shots were not fired straight at the toilet door, but rather "directly to the toilet, the basin itself."

"If you walk in directly and fire straight at the door you will miss the toilet," he said, suggesting Pistorius had been aiming.

Steenkamp, who had been going out with Pistorius since late last year, was declared dead shortly before 4:15 am on February 14 by medics and was found covered in towels and wearing white shorts and a black vest.

Botha also said 26-year-old Pistorius would face an additional charge of possessing unlicensed .38 special calibre ammunition.

At Tuesday's hearing, the Olympic and Paralympic track star had tearfully denied premeditated murder, a charge that risks a life sentence.

Witness heard 'non-stop shouting' from Pistorius home

South African prosecutors said at a bail hearing for Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius on Wednesday that a witness heard "non-stop shouting" coming from his home shortly before he shot his girlfriend.

A South African police investigator said on Wednesday he wants to charge global track star Oscar Pistorius with possession of illegal weapons after an unlicenced .38 handgun and ammunition were found in his home.

Pistorius is facing a bail hearing on a charge of murdering his girlfriend at his home.

CROUCHING TIGER
#72 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:27:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Oscar Pistorius case: lead investigator is facing attempted murder charges...POLICE BLUNDERS !!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/20/oscar-pistorius-case-police-blunders

Dartagnan
#73 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:01:48 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

CROUCHING TIGER;321983 wrote:
Oscar Pistorius case: lead investigator is facing attempted murder charges...POLICE BLUNDERS !!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/20/oscar-pistorius-case-police-blunders

I don't believe in this 'blade runner". Oscar Pistorious killed his girlfriend and now he found an excuse to escape the jail. He said: " I killed her by mistake while she was in the toilet". It is too easy. Oscar should have recognized her voice immediatly after the first shot of gun. I guess her girlfriend was shouting in the toilet when Oscar fired the first shot. 

If I were Oscar Pistorius, I would kill myself after this accident. Romeo and Juliet is a good example of real love. 

Why does romeo kill himself?

Romeo thought Juliet was dead, since she took the sleep potion, since he didn't get the letter from Friar Lawrence through Balthazar that Juliet would take a potion to make her sleep and fake her death. It was a mistake; Romeo didn't know Juliet was still alive.

Juliet fakes her own death to get out of an arranged marriage
so he tweeks out and kills him self so he can be with her in the after life

Romeo is in love with juliet,
and he thinks she is dead,
He feels life is not living without love
because he will never find love in anyone else
he wants to join juliet up in heaven so they can be together again.

Conclusion: True love never dies even in death.
So Romeo took his own life to be with the one he loved because he thought she had taken hers.
He believed in his soul that they were ment to be together in life as so in death and that no one or nothing could keep them apart.

But the case of Oscar Pistorius is different. 'Her girlfreind locked that door for a purpose. We'll get to that purpose. 'That is where she was when those shots were fired. She couldn't go anywhere. It must have been horrific.'

Yesterday it  emerged that sportswear brand Nike, one of the athlete's main sponsors, has no plans to use Oscar Pistorius in future ad campaigns.

Dartagnan
#82 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:16:21 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

World Pentathlon Champion Alexander Lesun wins 1st round of World Cup in US

Александр Лесун современное пятиборье

Feb 23, 2013

World Pentathlon Champion Alexander Lesun of Russia won the first round of the World Cup in Palm Springs, the US.

Adam Marosi of Hungary finished second being 6 second slower.

Josef Evans of Britain came third.

On the night from Saturday to Sunday the final of women pentathlon competition will be held in the US. Four Russian athletes are to take part in the event.

RBC

Dartagnan
#83 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:24:14 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia's Andreyev becomes world triathlon champion

Russian Pavel Andreyev has won the title of the word champion in winter triathlon in Italian Cogne.

After two days of competitions, Andreyev left behind Italian Daniel Antonioli who won silver and Russian Evgeny Kirillov who won bronze.

All in all, the Russian team has 10 medals in individual competitions and gold in the relay race.

R-Sport

frida on 3/2/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#84 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:23:33 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian girl Europe’s best long jumper

Mar 2, 2013

Дарья Клишина

Russia’s Darya Klishina has become the best long jumper at the European indoor athletics championships being held in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Her result was 7 meters and 1 centimeter.

The second best result, of 6 meters and 71 centimeters, was posted by France’s Eloyse Lesueur, and the third best, of 6 meters and 62 centimeters, by the hosting country’s Erica Jarder.

TASS

Russia's Sergey Shubenkov wins gold in 60 m hurdles at European Athletics Indoor Championships

Mar 2, 2013

Сергей Шубенков

Russian Sergey Shubenkov has won the gold in the 60 m hurdles at the European Athletics Indoor Championships in Swedish Goteborg. He showed the best time for the international winter season - 7.49 seconds.

Second place went to Italy’s Paolo dal Molina, who fell behind by just two hundredths of a second.

The bronze went to Frenchman Pascal Martinot-Lagarde.

RIAN

CROUCHING TIGER
#85 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:56:02 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

(Reuters) - Olympic champion Jenn Suhr lit up the U.S. indoor athletics championships on Saturday by leaping 5.02 meters to set a new women's pole vault world record, while throwing down the gauntlet to Russian great Yelena Isinbayeva.

The 31-year-old American's stunning vault in Albuquerque, New Mexico, eclipsed Isinbayeva's indoor mark of 5.01m set in 2012 and is sure to heat up their rivalry ahead of August's outdoor world championships in Moscow.

"I was in a groove tonight," Suhr, who set the mark on her first attempt at the height, told reporters.

"I knew some big things could happen, I just need to be healthy and come down the runway.

"I'm glad that I got 5 meters out of the way, (with the) 5.02, because it is a mental barrier."

Suhr, who denied Isinbayeva a hat-trick of Olympic golds at the London Games, made three unsuccessful attempts at 5.07m to surpass the Russian's outdoor world record of 5.06m.

A former basketball player, Suhr had been jousting for years to supplant the seemingly invincible Isinbayeva, training in an under-heated shed during the frigid winters of her native upstate New York.

She was runnerup when Isinbayeva set a world record to win gold at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but turned the tables in London as the Russian struggled to a disappointing bronze.

Pole vault world champion Jenn Suhr poses next to the scoreboard after setting a new record.

Dartagnan
#86 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 3:58:52 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kanayeva tops most successful athletes' list

Евгения Канаева \n

Mar 7, 2013

Rhythmic gymnast Yevgenia Kanayeva tops the list of the most successful Russian athletes.

Her teammate Aliya Mustafina and tennis player Maria Sharapova rank second and third.

Kanayeva won the all-round individual gold at last year’s Olympic Games in London. Mustafina won four Olympic medals in London.

Last year, Maria Sharapova won the main trophy on the clay courts of Rolland Garros, one of the world’s most prestigious tennis tournaments.

RIA

Dartagnan
#87 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 4:06:20 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian Schoolgirl Sets World Record in Power Lifting

Arnold Schwarzenneger and Mariana Naumova

Mariana Naumova meets other sportsmen in Ekaterinburg (archive)

MOSCOW, March 7 (RIA Novosti) - Hollywood star and ex-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has congratulated a Russian schoolgirl, who set the absolute world record at the power lifting championship in the United States, the Russian Ministry for Physical Culture, Sports, Tourism and Youth Activities said.

Thirteen-year-old student Mariana Naumova from the Moscow Region lifted 105 kg (231 pounds) in the bench barbell press, thus winning the Sports Festival Arnold Classic 2013 tournament, organized by Schwarzenegger and setting a new record in her age division.

The girl received from him a personal invitation to Mr. Olympia 2013 sports show to be held in September in Las Vegas.

Naumova was also awarded a medal, a commemorative plaque and a cash prize of $1,000 from ProMeraSport.

frida on 3/7/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 3/11/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#74 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:00:54 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Dartagnan: I think Oscar Pistorius' case is a good example for people. It showed us that you can destroy your life&career in a day by doing an ill-considered action. Having on your conscience the death of a person is even more difficult to support than jail according to Fyodor Dostoevsky novel "crime&punishment". Sometimes it is better to tell all the truth than hiding it so your conscience will be free. But the consequence of this ill-considered action is irreversible. 

Oscar Pistorius is 'on the verge of suicide' - athlete's friend

спортсмен 15.02.2013 Оскар Писториус суд

A close friend of Oscar Pistorius said the Paralympian is "on the verge of suicide" as he is forced to sell off his belongings to fight a charge of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. Mike Azzie, who Pistorius refers to as Uncle Mike, said the athlete was a "broken man" after he was tasked with selling his racehorses to raise money to pay for spiralling legal fees.

Speaking in a BBC3 documentary, Oscar Pistorius: What Really Happened?, Mr Azzie said: "He just always seems to mention Reeva and to ask us to pray for her and her family.

"But most of all, you've got to understand that we are there for him and we will always be his friend. He has no confidence in his tone of voice and he is just a man that is almost like someone that is walking around in circles and doesn't know where he is going.

"I would say that, just speaking to him, that he is a broken man and that I would go as far to say that he would be on the verge of suicide. It really worries me."

Pistorius must "live with his conscience": killed girlfriend’s dad

South African Paralympic and Olympic star Oscar Pistorius "will have to live with his conscience" Barry Steenkamp, father of the killed Reeva Steenkamp, said Saturday after the Paralympic champion was freed on bail.