logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<1011121314>
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013
Brebis
#224 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:46:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Paul, you call Azarenka a champion ??? That is disappointing . Never mind , the AO is history , what's up next ?? As the snow is piling up outside my house , a sunny tennis tournament is more then welcome.
Dartagnan
#225 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:09:01 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

The young Azarenka beats the old Na Li to retain Australian Title

CONCLUSION OF THIS FINAL: 

Dartagnan: I am very happy that Azarenka won this final because Azarenka showed to Maria Sharapova that it is possible to win twice the AO title.  So it is important at least to reach the final 

azarenka_lifts_trophy_262313_192354_9534.jpg

MOSCOW, January 26 (R-Sport) - Victoria Azarenka retained her Australian Open title Saturday, defeating an injury-afflicted Li Na in a dramatic final.

Azarenka won 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 and retains the world No. 1 ranking as a result, when defeat would have seen Serena Williams take the top spot.

The match was stopped three times, twice when sixth seed Li rolled her ankle and took medical timeouts, and once for a fireworks display.

The first set began with the finalists trading breaks before Li held and broke Azarenka to go 3-1 ahead. Li served for the set at 5-4 up but crumbled and was broken to love.

Azarenka’s errors in the very next game handed her opponent the first set as the Belarusian double-faulted on set point.

Azarenka sprinted to a 3-1 lead in the second set, when Li rolled her ankle for the first time. The problem restricted Li’s movement and Azarenka managed to close out the set despite frequent mistakes.

Li’s ankle injury struck again in the decider with the sixth seed 2-1 ahead, and she hit her head hard on the court as she fell, prompting doctors to check her for signs of concussion.

The Chinese No. 1 then surged back in the next game, taking Azarenka to break point before the Belarusian held serve, but Li was then easily broken on her next service game, setting the stage for Azarenka to close out the match.

Li was the crowd favorite throughout, with many spectators angry over a controversially-timed medical break for Azarenka in her semifinal win over Sloane Stephens.

The men’s final is Sunday, with world No. 1 Novak Djokovic facing third seed Andy Murray.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

4 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/26/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 1/28/2013(UTC), Alireza on 1/29/2013(UTC), frida on 1/29/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#217 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:37:50 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Na Li thinks that she beat Maria Sharapova because of the help of her new coach Rodriguez. 

Rodriguez has been pushing Li particularly hard in physical training, and Li, who likes a joke, turned toward Rodriguez and the rest of her team during her post-match interview and gave a new directive.

"You don't need to push me anymore," she said. "I will push me."

Rodriguez knows Sharapova's game very well and also knows what it takes to beat her. Henin, who retired in 2011 because of an elbow problem, was 7-3 during her career against the much taller Sharapova.

And although Li and Henin are different players - Henin's signature shot was a one-handed backhand - they share a certain innate vulnerability. Li has struggled with her on-court composure over the years and lost memorably but painfully at last year's Australian Open in the fourth round to Kim Clijsters after holding four match points and a 6-2 lead in the second-set tiebreaker.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

jesuschrist
#226 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:27:31 PM(UTC)
jesuschrist

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

The young Azarenka beats the old Na Li to retain Australian Title

CONCLUSION OF THIS FINAL: 

Dartagnan: I am very happy that Azarenka won this final because Azarenka showed to Maria Sharapova that it is possible to win twice the AO title.  So it is important at least to reach the final 

azarenka_lifts_trophy_262313_192354_9534.jpg

MOSCOW, January 26 (R-Sport) - Victoria Azarenka retained her Australian Open title Saturday, defeating an injury-afflicted Li Na in a dramatic final.

Azarenka won 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 and retains the world No. 1 ranking as a result, when defeat would have seen Serena Williams take the top spot.

The match was stopped three times, twice when sixth seed Li rolled her ankle and took medical timeouts, and once for a fireworks display.

The first set began with the finalists trading breaks before Li held and broke Azarenka to go 3-1 ahead. Li served for the set at 5-4 up but crumbled and was broken to love.

Azarenka’s errors in the very next game handed her opponent the first set as the Belarusian double-faulted on set point.

Azarenka sprinted to a 3-1 lead in the second set, when Li rolled her ankle for the first time. The problem restricted Li’s movement and Azarenka managed to close out the set despite frequent mistakes.

Li’s ankle injury struck again in the decider with the sixth seed 2-1 ahead, and she hit her head hard on the court as she fell, prompting doctors to check her for signs of concussion.

The Chinese No. 1 then surged back in the next game, taking Azarenka to break point before the Belarusian held serve, but Li was then easily broken on her next service game, setting the stage for Azarenka to close out the match.

Li was the crowd favorite throughout, with many spectators angry over a controversially-timed medical break for Azarenka in her semifinal win over Sloane Stephens.

The men’s final is Sunday, with world No. 1 Novak Djokovic facing third seed Andy Murray.

She is ugly.
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar.
sarahmassimo
#190 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:55:54 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Originally Posted by: raf72 Go to Quoted Post
...Damn...I'm so sad that Maria lost today!!!....But I will always support you, Maria...GO MARIA GO!!! :D

A big opportunity missed with S.Williams out from the draw, it's a big pity!!!

1 user thanked sarahmassimo for this useful post.
Brebis on 1/27/2013(UTC)
Philli Wan
#227 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:58:14 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

So many damn bigots on this forum.  Does it really matter whether a girl is great looking or not..in the eyes of the beholder?  They are out there on court to play Tennis, not strut around pretending to be beauty queens and always having a specially made outfit for the occasion. 

The object is to win by playing tennis not by looking great.   Credit where it is due not where you think it should be.

3 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/27/2013(UTC), Aussie4 on 1/27/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 1/28/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#228 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:19:21 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

So many damn bigots on this forum.  Does it really matter whether a girl is great looking or not..in the eyes of the beholder?  They are out there on court to play Tennis, not strut around pretending to be beauty queens and always having a specially made outfit for the occasion. 

The object is to win by playing tennis not by looking great.   Credit where it is due not where you think it should be.

Muchly smoke & mirrors anyway. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Brebis on 1/27/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 1/28/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#229 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:48:40 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Muchly smoke & mirrors anyway. 

Woww Paul, that's a slap in the face of Philli. . Well done !! 

Aussie4
#230 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:13:08 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
New rankings released. Maria is about 800 pts behind Vika. Serena will more than likely get the top spot very soon, as Vika has a tonne of points to defend till the clay court season.

Maria needs to get deep in doha and do well at Indian Wells + Miami. She has 3 titles to defend during the clay court season. After that though, she can get a lot of points from Wimbledon + US hard court season, which she didn't play last year.

Expect a lot of changing between the top 3 this year.
Philli Wan
#231 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 3:48:12 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Oh Brebis dont be a twit.  I was referring to Jesuschrist's comment that Vika was ugly.   She's not, of course. 

By the way, this is an old vid, but many of you may not have seen it.  It goes back a few years:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY5Ec9mwVoE 

Did you read the latest news 'blog' on the home page.... Quote  ' When you're away from home for over a month, it's nice to have a place like the Crown Towers and Riverwalk at your hand. So many great restaurants, things to do, and movies to see ( has someone sat in those Gold Class seats? Amazing!)'...... Does this girl think we are all millionaires too.  She's no longer living on the same Planet as us.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/28/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#233 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 12:36:06 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Masha just tweeted "the perks of being a SAG-member" ????

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#232 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 9:16:36 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Oh Brebis dont be a twit.  I was referring to Jesuschrist's comment that Vika was ugly.   She's not, of course. 

By the way, this is an old vid, but many of you may not have seen it.  It goes back a few years:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY5Ec9mwVoE 

Did you read the latest news 'blog' on the home page.... Quote  ' When you're away from home for over a month, it's nice to have a place like the Crown Towers and Riverwalk at your hand. So many great restaurants, things to do, and movies to see ( has someone sat in those Gold Class seats? Amazing!)'...... Does this girl think we are all millionaires too.  She's no longer living on the same Planet as us.

Nah, I was just saying about anyone can be beautiful with a bit of production art. There are few women on the Tour who are actually ugly. (Poor Barthels, maybe but hey, even she has a great bod and superior talent!) 

To your point here: sure, that's quite inevitable and are not fans inclined to experience fame & luxury vicariously through their celebritySpeaking of old vids, one cannot avoid the comparison with the King. In 1969, Elvis made his last attempt to reconnect with the people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6am8V5KNJ4A (I saw him perform that live in Dallas a couple years later.) As always, agent "Col" Tom Parker spiked any effort to turn back to his roots.

Masha has something Elvis didn't, however. She is a daughter of Rodina.  Long as she does for the Motherland, she will stay grounded, for there is no ground on earth like the dark soil of Russia. 

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/29/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#234 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:30:09 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://au.sports.yahoo.c...rs-of-all-time/15939123/

Another list of many...

Brebis
#235 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:49:27 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/galleries/g/15939121/the-sexiest-womens-players-of-all-time/15939123/

Another list of many...
Hi Tiger; King in waiting , Alex wint het van Philip. Dat zal hem zeer doen ! 

CROUCHING TIGER
#236 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:54:45 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Sorry Brebis; voor mij mogen ze alle "royals" opblazen...HATE THEM !!!

Brebis
#237 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:37:45 PM(UTC)

quote=CROUCHING TIGER;321656]Sorry Brebis; voor mij mogen ze alle "royals" opblazen...HATE THEM !!![/quote] Tiger; Zelfs geen sympatie voor Mathilde ?  Dat valt me tegen van je , doe me een plezier , 30/4 tv kijken en zien hoe Maxima de show gaat stelen. Daarna ben je geen Royals fan maar een echte Oranje fan. 

1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/30/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#238 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:41:02 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Ja, die Maxima mag er wezen, sexy schatje LOLOL :)

Philli Wan
#239 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:15:02 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Remember what I said last week about Maria ducking out of Dubai and Doha because of Fashion weeks in New York.  This is an extract from her latest news of the Homepage about Vogue and Fashion.. Obviously she forgot that she pullled out of Dubai and Doha last year because she said she had a very bad virus that affected her breathing.  No doubt she hoped that we all had forgotten too.  Here what she said in Australia: 

CH: Will you be attending any of the shows this season?
MS: It depends how things work out with my schedule so it's usually a very last minute decision for me. Last year, after the Aussie Open, I flew to New York by myself and went to a few shows. Actually, Vogue invited me so that was really nice because I felt like I was very independent. I went to Vera Wang, Oscar de la Renta and Rodarte.

paul_pipkin
#240 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:42:17 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

She wasn't booked for Dubai this year. Presently scheduled:

02.11.13 - 02.17.13

Qatar Total Open
Doha, Qatar

03.06.13 - 03.17.13

BNP Paribas Open
Indian Wells, USA

03.19.13 - 03.30.13

Sony Open Tennis
Miami, USA

04.22.13 - 04.28.13

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
Stuttgart, Germany

05.04.13 - 05.12.13

Mutua Madrid Open
Madrid, Spain

05.13.13 - 05.19.13

Internazionali BNL d'Italia
Rome, Italy

05.26.13 - 06.08.13

Roland Garros
Paris, France

06.24.13 - 07.06.13

Wimbledon
London, Great Britain

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Philli Wan
#241 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:38:13 PM(UTC)
Philli Wan

You missed the point, Paul.  The Fashion week begins on Feb 7th and runs all through the period of the Doha tournamant. 

CROUCHING TIGER on 1/31/2013(UTC)