logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<89101112>»
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#183 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:12:51 AM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Maria sucks.
CROUCHING TIGER
#184 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:45:08 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
http://sports.ndtv.com/a...me-almost-made-her-quit

I posted this, but nobody payed attention to it. Rodriguez knows ALL about this kind of competition

and with Na Li in shape...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/24/2013(UTC)
jesuschrist
#185 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:49:23 AM(UTC)
jesuschrist

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I am still looking forward to more Grand Slams. Three to go.
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar.
Philli Wan
#186 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:27:15 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Hey Brebis....so much for your scoreline prediction 6-0 6-0...ROFL.  Haven't laughed so much for ages.

2 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
Aussie4 on 1/24/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 1/24/2013(UTC)
Valkyre
#188 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:23:36 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Ouch that was ugly.

Maria was completely off tuned today, bad time to lose your consistency and composure.

At least my man Novak Djokovic CRUSHED David Ferrer in one of the most impressive displays of tennis the world has ever seen. Seriously today Novak was in God Mode.

As for Maria, no reason to get out of this tournament feeling bad. She played 5 great games and a crappy one. Sure that crappy one was the one that mattered the most, but I cant feel bad with her reaching the semi finals. Besides she didnt lose by some non existent player, Li Na is very well respected, was very well prepared and honestly deserved to win this one.

I am ofcourse rooting for Li Na in the final against that whoe Azarenka. Go Li!!!
2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Aussie4 on 1/24/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 1/24/2013(UTC)
raf72
#189 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:39:34 AM(UTC)
raf72

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)
...Damn...I'm so sad that Maria lost today!!!....But I will always support you, Maria...GO MARIA GO!!! :D
Philli Wan
#191 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:18:58 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Ironic, all this business about getting to the semis and having only given up 9 games... Then in one match...the last one, she gives up 12...more than she has for the last 12 days.  Well, I did say that Li Na knows how to play her..and how to piss her off, and today she did both. 

From the close up camera shots, and there were a lot, the expression on Maria's face was clearly showing that she had no idea what she was doing or why she was there on court today.  She looked totally lost, depressed, confused and at no time in any condition to take a leading role in what was happening. 

It reminded me of the times before Thomas took over when she would get so far into a tournament and them run out of energy and burn out, usually just before the Final or in the Final.  Whatever, she was definitely lacking in stamina today and just looked as though she couldn't be bothered to make an effort to even try to win.  

Next tournament...Doha or Dubai???  Those two conflict with the New York Fashion Week and she usually gets a virus and goes back to the US and somehow winds up in New York instead of California.  We'll see.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/24/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#195 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:45:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

LACKING STAMINA...two words that wrap it up prettyg good !!!

robb
#182 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:05:09 PM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br;321560 wrote:

So sad that Maria lost today, specially because she have a great head-to-head against Li, so that's really shocked me. I don't know but, I Maria seemed dejected, without confidence today I mean I coundn't see her fight spirit today. It's sad because she was playing some amazing tennis and today she had a poor performance, still trying to understand only she can explain what's happend. Anyway I'll always stand by her, I'll always support her. Every one has bad days, and unfortely Maria had one today. But, she will get better. Keep going Maria, keep your head up!

I WISH she  would hurry up and get better!! Apart from the French Open  last year, seems to me that she has an easy ride to GS semis, then the step up in class does for her. Whether its Li na, Azarenka, SHEMAN Williams or radwanska, it has happened TOO OFTEN to be A COINCIDENCE. Same game, same results. TBH its getting a bit tedious. This was another real chance blown. Who knows if there will be many more?? VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING. AGAIN....

CROUCHING TIGER
#196 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:07:08 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Next Monday , Maria will be nº3 with 9545 pts ...HOLD ON !!!

robb
#192 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:14:19 PM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Philli Wan;321568 wrote:

Ironic, all this business about getting to the semis and having only given up 9 games... Then in one match...the last one, she gives up 12...more than she has for the last 12 days.  Well, I did say that Li Na knows how to play her..and how to piss her off, and today she did both. 

From the close up camera shots, and there were a lot, the expression on Maria's face was clearly showing that she had no idea what she was doing or why she was there on court today.  She looked totally lost, depressed, confused and at no time in any condition to take a leading role in what was happening. 

It reminded me of the times before Thomas took over when she would get so far into a tournament and them run out of energy and burn out, usually just before the Final or in the Final.  Whatever, she was definitely lacking in stamina today and just looked as though she couldn't be bothered to make an effort to even try to win.  

Next tournament...Doha or Dubai???  Those two conflict with the New York Fashion Week and she usually gets a virus and goes back to the US and somehow winds up in New York instead of California.  We'll see.

Don't normally agree with you about the 'fashion' stuff, because I know you hate maria. But  these results over the past 2 years (reach a semi, then get blasted out by a more intense/skillful player) are NOT a coincidence. Maybe winning DOESN'T matter to maria as much as her fans. OR maybe she isn't strong enough or clever enough to consistently BEAT these players. Either way, its infuriating....

Brebis
#187 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:59:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Philli Wan;321565 wrote:

Hey Brebis....so much for your scoreline prediction 6-0 6-0...ROFL.  Haven't laughed so much for ages.

I agree with you !  At least, I can be funny at times. 

Brebis
#197 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:08:31 PM(UTC)

The long legs and the bad serving do not go together. It was a disappointing match of Maria. What worries me most is her lack of fighting spirit. To be honost, I think that motivation is lacking at this moment. If you saw her press conferences the last 2 weeks, I missed her interest for the questions and it seems all be too much. On top of that Grigor decided to leave Melbourne. That doesn't help. I felt horrible at work today, as this was a GREAT opportunity to win the title. How can you blow your chances like this ?? Brrr, I feel empty.
Brebis
#199 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:38:50 PM(UTC)

Very negative journalist reports about Azarenka's so called injury during her match. What a liitle kid she is . I hope she will lose badly on Saturday. That will be then well deserved.
Dartagnan
#198 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:48:23 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Dartagnan: Pro sport is not an easy job.  You have to be very patient in this job, sometimes you need a lose to understand better your faults and weak points. 

Na Li lost several maches against Sharapova before winning this match. 

Maria Sharapova hasn't said her last word yet !!!

China's Li knocks Sharapova out of Australian Open

02.07.2011 Мария Шарапова теннис

Maria Sharapova has failed to make it into the Australian Open’s final.

The world’s second-seed lost a semifinal match to Li Na of China 2:6, 2:6. In the final, Li will face Victoria Azarenka of Belarus or Sloane Stephens of the United States.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Imnumber2
#200 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:38:00 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Expected a much tougher fight. But again her new coach who know Maria's so well has finally and quickly kill Maria's game cleanly!! I'm disappointed no doubt. I taped the match but wouldn't even bother watching it. 

Oh well....life goes on!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Hesco
#193 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:21:31 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Don't normally agree with you about the 'fashion' stuff, because I know you hate maria. But  these results over the past 2 years (reach a semi, then get blasted out by a more intense/skillful player) are NOT a coincidence. Maybe winning DOESN'T matter to maria as much as her fans. OR maybe she isn't strong enough or clever enough to consistently BEAT these players. Either way, its infuriating....

[/quote]

Finally you have confirm something I have been thinking for the last 3 years, Maria does not feel the need of putting the extra effort required to win a GS, this drives me insane.

I do not blame her, for the last 8 years she has been the highest paid female atlete in the world, Now that she has completed her personal GS, it is going the get worse. Remember her coach complaining that she makes it so hard on herself  because  she does not follow his advise. Maria admits that she can’t follow his instructions when she is actually playing the match  

Aussie4
#201 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:44:28 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Imnumber2;321585 wrote:

Expected a much tougher fight. But again her new coach who know Maria's so well has finally and quickly kill Maria's game cleanly!! I'm disappointed no doubt. I taped the match but wouldn't even bother watching it. 

Oh well....life goes on!

Don't even bother with the match, unless you're a fan of Li. She played exceptional tennis. Maria did play well for a few games in the second, and looked like she would take command, then i dunno. Reminded me of the Maria of 09-10 actually.

Imnumber2
#194 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:28:59 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Hesco;321586 wrote:

Finally you have confirm something I have been thinking for the last 3 years, Maria does not feel the need of putting the extra effort required to win a GS, this drives me insane.

I do not blame her, for the last 8 years she has been the highest paid female atlete in the world, Now that she has completed her personal GS, it is going the get worse. Remember her coach complaining that she makes it so hard on herself  because  she does not follow his advise. Maria admits that she can’t follow his instructions when she is actually playing the match  

[/quote]

Yeah, well to sum up Maria COULD HAVE WON MUCH MORE GSs IF SHE LISTENS or should I say give her coach a chance to express!!!! 

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Philli Wan
#202 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 3:46:16 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Dartagnan why did you post a pic of Maria with a long disappointed face from Wimbledon 2012?  There are enough new pics going around to show how she felt yesterday.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/25/2013(UTC)