logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<7891011>»
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013
Valkyre
#161 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:35:38 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
GUys while I am excited that that bodybuilder of a tennis player (seriously her body looks more ripped than the ATP men have...), dont celebrate yet...

First we have Li Na and then quite possibly Azarenka.

Lets take it match by match. Maria is playing wonderfully and she looks so much better than last year, and that is without even ANY tune up matches or tournaments prior to this grand slam. This is pretty impressive in my book.

But there is still quite a long road before the end. Do I believe Maria can do it? HELL YEAH.

But one match at a time! Now we have to deal with Li Na. Then we see where we are going from there!

DAVAI MASHA!!!! :D
3 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
jesuschrist on 1/23/2013(UTC), Aussie4 on 1/23/2013(UTC), Brebis on 1/23/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#163 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:03:24 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
http://sports.ndtv.com/a...me-almost-made-her-quit

About Na Li and training...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Brebis
#162 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:04:31 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Valkyre Go to Quoted Post
GUys while I am excited that that bodybuilder of a tennis player (seriously her body looks more ripped than the ATP men have...), dont celebrate yet...

First we have Li Na and then quite possibly Azarenka.

Lets take it match by match. Maria is playing wonderfully and she looks so much better than last year, and that is without even ANY tune up matches or tournaments prior to this grand slam. This is pretty impressive in my book.

But there is still quite a long road before the end. Do I believe Maria can do it? HELL YEAH.

But one match at a time! Now we have to deal with Li Na. Then we see where we are going from there!

DAVAI MASHA!!!! :D
I fully agree with you ! All media just focusses on the few games that she lost but this is also the credit of the players at the other end of the net. Maria's last match was not good , luckely her opponent played poor. Li and Azarenka are playing way, way , way better. It's all about her 1st serve, the focus  and closing out the point quick. Getting nervous. They do expect hot temperatures tomorrow. Who plays better in hot weather, Maria or Na ??

Philli Wan
#164 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:38:58 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Good Grief, Jesus, you are really letting the side down not knowing what a DF is.  Maybe you should learn something about tennis instead of just oggling Maria as a sexual fantasy.  It's no shame to find her sexually attractive...9 million others on Facebook think exactly the same way.. but you really should keep it in your pants long enough to know what she is doing when she is out there on the court.  Next, you'll be wanting to know what a UE is as well.  

And now a few hyperthetical statistics.  Serena did not play last year so all the points that she made are hers to keep.... that is 500 for getting to the Quarters. and that puts her new total at 10,250. 

All Maria's points from last year will be wiped out on monday and only those from this year added to the remaining total... That means that she will be 1400 down from her present total... to 8645 and if Na Li wins tonight, Maria's total will only go up by 900 to 9545, so Serena will be above her.  BUT even if she makes it to the Final and does not win, her total will remain what it now is...-1400...+1400, so Serena will be the Number two anyway.....or at least above Maria.  For Maria to remain above Serena, she has to win. 

But now, what's with Vika.  She will lose 2000 points on monday ...to 8325.  If she repeats her win, she will still be number 1, but if not...as runner up, she will be Number 2 with 9725 points  to....wait for it...Serena.

Only by an outright win can Maria be Number 1. 

Like I said, they are only hyperthetical.  The Final could be Sloane against Na Li.  But either way, Serena is the one who will benefit the most.

You got that Jesus?

2 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/23/2013(UTC), jesuschrist on 1/23/2013(UTC)
Valkyre
#168 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:05:55 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I have said it before I will say it again, I consider the normal customary World Ranking system wrong and missleading. And it is not just me , it is most of the tennis world of today.

I consider the year end ranking system far more reliable and accurate of the players performance. That is why ATP started using the year end rankings as their basic ranking system.

However none of that matters more than titles. Serena would have gladly taken another slam title even if that meant to go to no5 spot in the world.

I dont think they care much about the rankings.

Same goes for Masha. She aint thinking about no1 she is thinking of a fifth slam title. DAVAI!
Brebis
#165 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:39:58 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

Good Grief, Jesus, you are really letting the side down not knowing what a DF is.  Maybe you should learn something about tennis instead of just oggling Maria as a sexual fantasy.  It's no shame to find her sexually attractive...9 million others on Facebook think exactly the same way.. but you really should keep it in your pants long enough to know what she is doing when she is out there on the court.  Next, you'll be wanting to know what a UE is as well.  

And now a few hyperthetical statistics.  Serena did not play last year so all the points that she made are hers to keep.... that is 500 for getting to the Quarters. and that puts her new total at 10,250. 

All Maria's points from last year will be wiped out on monday and only those from this year added to the remaining total... That means that she will be 1400 down from her present total... to 8645 and if Na Li wins tonight, Maria's total will only go up by 900 to 9545, so Serena will be above her.  BUT even if she makes it to the Final and does not win, her total will remain what it now is...-1400...+1400, so Serena will be the Number two anyway.....or at least above Maria.  For Maria to remain above Serena, she has to win. 

But now, what's with Vika.  She will lose 2000 points on monday ...to 8325.  If she repeats her win, she will still be number 1, but if not...as runner up, she will be Number 2 with 9725 points  to....wait for it...Serena.

Like I said, they are only hyperthetical.  The Final could be Sloane against Na Li.  But either way, Serena is the one who will benefit the most.

You got that Jesus?

Points of last year are not wiped out Philli, you got that ? It's time for your afternoon nap now !!

paul_pipkin
#169 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:52:32 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

I swear, last few games of the second set--after the "injury"--I thought Sloane was trying to give it away to Serena anyway. Tank to keep the Great Sweathawg in the tournament, y'know?

I wasn't sure that might not still happen well into the third, evem with Serena throwing pissy-fits inspite of (or maybe because of) being doped up. But Stephens had carried her through, it was gonna be way too obvious.

I'm glad Sloane didn't throw it up. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/23/2013(UTC), Brebis on 1/23/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#170 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:52:39 AM(UTC)

Azarenka will have an easy ride to the final  as Stevens will not be back on this planet when her next match starts.

Maria, keep your head cool, enjoy the match and RISE and SHINE !!

Don't let this slip away , " just do it ". 

inchbyinch
#172 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:10:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
2 users thanked inchbyinch for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/23/2013(UTC), Brebis on 1/23/2013(UTC)
sharapova_fan_qu?c
#166 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:01:14 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

You got that Jesus?

Philli............. BIG MISTAKE !

Serena last year lost in the 4th round so 280 pts. This year she lost in the Quarters so 500 pts. Next monday she's gonna lose -280 and + 500 for a total of +220 new points !

If Maria reach the final like last year, she wil be #2 again because right now she has (10045 - 9750 = 295) 295 pts more than Serena.....

If Azarenka lost in the semis or in the final she will be #3, not #2 !

So next monday you CAN'T see Maria #3, just #2 or hopefully #1

than Serena needs Azarenka to lose here to be #2

1 user thanked sharapova_fan_qu?c for this useful post.
Brebis on 1/23/2013(UTC)
sharapova_fan_qu?c
#174 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:13:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In the Semis, its gonna be a different match, each match could be your last so all the stats are not important...
Na Li is a superb athlete and she's gonna run a lot, it will depends on her forehand i think because she can do a lot of mistake from it.

Than we have Maria, we wasn't been push by anyone in the tournment and for a player like her, i thin, this is just perfect! She is fresh, she has a lot in the tank and if she needs it, she will play a 3 hours match in the heat. Remember, Maria is nearly perfect in 3 setters. For Sharapova, the second serve will be the key as usual.

Prediction: Maria 6-4 7-5
1 user thanked sharapova_fan_qu?c for this useful post.
Brebis on 1/23/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#173 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:47:19 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: inchbyinch Go to Quoted Post
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/dennytenn/413941.html
Let's hope she can keep her cool, now her lover has  left the city.     

Brebis
#175 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:54:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sharapova_fan_qu?c Go to Quoted Post
In the Semis, its gonna be a different match, each match could be your last so all the stats are not important...
Na Li is a superb athlete and she's gonna run a lot, it will depends on her forehand i think because she can do a lot of mistake from it.

Than we have Maria, we wasn't been push by anyone in the tournment and for a player like her, i thin, this is just perfect! She is fresh, she has a lot in the tank and if she needs it, she will play a 3 hours match in the heat. Remember, Maria is nearly perfect in 3 setters. For Sharapova, the second serve will be the key as usual.

Prediction: Maria 6-4 7-5
Your prediction surprises me a bit. I will go for 6-0 6-0  

Imnumber2
#176 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:54:21 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

I watched Li's last match and I think she has worked on her forehand. That's why she is confident of challenging Maria. However, Maria is ready for her. It's going to be a good match and VAMOS Maria!!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
deadchip
#177 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:16:27 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hope Maria can take this and I think she will. This will be her first real battle at this AO. All of Li Na's wins against her came between 09 and 11, when Maria was definitely not at her best. Li is playing very well so far this year, but I think Maria is riding high and will be extremely focused. I'm going to 3 sets tonight though and it will be 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 for Masha, in a huge grudge match. Sloane will likely lose to Vika and I think I would rather play Vika in the final if I was Maria, because she really wants payback for last year's thrashing.
GO MARIA!!!! JUST DO IT!!! DAVAI!!!
Masha is my #1!!
jesuschrist
#178 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:26:40 PM(UTC)
jesuschrist

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Masha > Li Na on paper and IRL.
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar.
jesuschrist
#167 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:48:44 PM(UTC)
jesuschrist

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

You got that Jesus?

Lol! Funny one. Keep em comin!
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar.
Aussie4
#179 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:18:56 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Too good Li, just too damn good.

Maria played pretty poorly, only converted 1 of her 7??? break pts. Good tournament overall, but definitely a MASSIVE opportunity lost to win her 5th major. Off to Doha
tiramiisu
#180 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:27:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

That was the most disappointing match EVER. 
I'm not going to get over this for a while.

F. F. F. F. F. F.

I can't say I am not disappointed in Maria. Played so well in the whole tournament, but screw up so hard at such an important stage..... 6-2 6-2? My god.... UGH I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. WHY!? FFFFFF

I'll still love Maria, but I just can't get over how much HOPE I HAD IN THIS TOURNAMENT TITLE FOR HER. Especially how Serena is out. But my hopes were crushed, HARD, into PIECES. 

Have been crying my eyes out since the middle of the first set. Taking this SO HARD right now, won't even stop crying for HOURS.

Bet I'm taking this a million times worse than Maria.  

Don't even know how I'm going to cheer up. The rest of the week looks depressing. 

I should be saying something like, There's always the Roland Garros! But I can't. Too depressed for any optimism or encouragement. FML. My life sucks. Off to keep bawling my eyes out

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#181 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:49:45 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)

So sad that Maria lost today, specially because she have a great head-to-head against Li, so that's really shocked me. I don't know but, I Maria seemed dejected, without confidence today I mean I coundn't see her fight spirit today. It's sad because she was playing some amazing tennis and today she had a poor performance, still trying to understand only she can explain what's happend. Anyway I'll always stand by her, I'll always support her. Every one has bad days, and unfortely Maria had one today. But, she will get better. Keep going Maria, keep your head up!