logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<45678>»
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013
raf72
#102 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 3:22:02 PM(UTC)
raf72

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Well done, Maria!!! You are playing very well...come on!!!
1 user thanked raf72 for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#103 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 3:44:56 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: raf72 Go to Quoted Post
Well done, Maria!!! You are playing very well...come on!!!

Sharapova into Australian Open's Final 1/6

Мария Шарапова теннис

Jan 18, 2013

Russia’s Maria Sharapova has cruised into the last 16 of the Australian Open Championships with a prize fund of over $11.6 million.

The No.2 – ranked Sharapova defeated Venus Williams in a third-round match in Melbourne on Friday.

She will take on Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium for a place in the quarterfinals.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
raf72 on 1/18/2013(UTC), Alireza on 1/19/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#104 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 4:41:43 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Philli, you must still be in shock or somethins, as you have not replyed yet. Just admit for ones that Maria played well. Yes, yes still room for improvement but heee, there is just one being perfect and that's you .
tiramiisu
#105 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:16:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Maria is playing 3rd match on Rod Laver Arena tomorrow! I assume it would start around 5pm-7pm? 

CROUCHING TIGER
#107 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:47:25 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
http://youtu.be/azEOeTX1LqM

:)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/19/2013(UTC), Brebis on 1/19/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#106 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:16:28 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: tiramiisu Go to Quoted Post

Maria is playing 3rd match on Rod Laver Arena tomorrow! I assume it would start around 5pm-7pm? 

3rd match is late afternoon, yeah. StreamHunter.eu expects the match about 4:00 AM GMT (London). thus 5:00 in Western Europe & 23:00 Sat, (11pm) in Eastern US.

http://www.streamhunter....ive-streaming-video.html 

YYCast portals are best. HDCast maybe slightly clearer but may crash your Shockwave.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Brebis
#108 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:57:57 PM(UTC)

I love the tournament but the playing times are horrible for Europe. I'll see if I will watch , need to work again so can't stay up during the night. Keep up the momentum Maria and continue this great performance.
jesuschrist
#109 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:41:50 PM(UTC)
jesuschrist

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well, it looks like Yuryevna will make i past the fourth round and then past the qtr final as well. She looks set for semifinals now itself. Looking forward to the match in a few hours.
Crossing my fingers hopefully i can be back from Sunday church service by then to watch it live. Hehe.
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar.
Brebis
#110 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 12:54:25 AM(UTC)

Just woke up and saw the score , game , set and match !!! Was there a serving problem for Maria. Only 48  of 1st serves in ?? Don't know if I'm pleased with Makarova. Maria doesn't like to play against Russia girlsand she is a left hander. Let's see what that match will bring. That girl looks strong !!  We are getting closer and closer :)

tiramiisu
#111 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:30:01 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Still a great game!!! 6-1 6-0 are amazing results! 

But I agree, I think I was a bit disappointed with her serving a bit today, as 4 double faults appeared..which seems to be a bit much to me, compared to her last 3 games. :/ 

Next game against a Russian... Think she can still do it anyhow!! I totally thought she would be playing Kerber though! 

KEEP IT UP MARIA!!! 

Valkyre
#112 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:45:00 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Maria is playing wonderfuly... Another match that was almost a double bagel... Maria is going strong, very happy to see such consistency in her shots and her level of play! Davai!
2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Alireza on 1/20/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 1/20/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#113 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:58:28 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Valkyre Go to Quoted Post
Maria is playing wonderfuly... Another match that was almost a double bagel... Maria is going strong, very happy to see such consistency in her shots and her level of play! Davai!

Sharapova in Australian Open 1/4

мария шарапова теннис уимблдон спорт россия

Maria Sharapova of Russia has advanced into the Australian Open quarter- finals after defeating Kirsten Flipkens 6-1, 6-0.

Now Sharapova will face Russia’s Yekaterina Makarova, who beat Angelique Kerber (Germany) 7:5, 6:4.

The tournament’s prize fund is over $11.6 million.

Jan 20, 2013

Second seed Maria Sharapova delivered a crushing victory over Belgium’s Kirsten Flipkens Sunday to reach the quarterfinals of the Australian Open.

The Russian demolished Flipkens 6-1, 6-0 and has now dropped just five games in her first four matches in Melbourne.

“I was making a few more mistakes than I would have liked in the beginning,” Sharapova said on the tournament website.

“After I held at 2-1, I really started making her play a little bit more.  Started really getting under the ball and being aggressive and just had a little bit more energy which really helped me and I carried that throughout the match.”

Sharapova’s quarterfinal opponent is fellow Russian Ekaterina Makarova in a rematch from the same stage of last year’s tournament.

Sharapova won that encounter 6-2, 6-3 and has never lost to the 19th seed in four meetings to date, but said she refused to look beyond her next match.

“It’s not about waiting to see where you are in the semis or finals, it's about who's ahead of you and my next match is against Makarova.  I have to do the right things to beat her,” she said.

Makarova upset a higher-seeded player for the second round in a row Sunday, beating fifth-seeded German Angelique Kerber 7-5, 6-4 in an aggressive performance in which she hit 32 winners.

“I really happy that I beat Kerber today because I lost three times last year against her,” Makarova said on the tournament website. “It was, I think, perfect.  Not all the match perfect, but most of the match.”

Makarova added she was keen for revenge over Sharapova.

“We played a lot of times, and I never beat her.  So I'm really interested to play against her.  She's in good form now, in good shape,” she said.

Another player to reach the quarterfinals was China’s sixth seed Li Na, who disposed of eighth-seeded German Julia Goerges 7-6(6), 6-1.

The key to Li’s victory was Goerges missing a set point in the first set, the Chinese player said.

“I was laughing a little bit.  I was happy I'm still on the first set, you know.  After the first set, I think she had a breakdown a little bit in the mind,” Li said on the tournament website.

Li goes on to play either fourth seed Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland or Serbian 13th seed Ana Ivanovic.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/20/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 1/20/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#114 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:27:10 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

This looks as a gigantic "FED-CUP"

RUSSIA vs. Rest of the World

CROUCHING TIGER
#115 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:34:13 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

To all GOSSIP girls & boys BREAKING NEWS !!!!

In 4 pressconferences NOT ONE question about Dimitrov and i like that professionalism:)

CROUCHING TIGER
#116 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:41:31 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Maria Sharapova continues her impressive run at the 2013 Australian Open, with a clinical 6-1, 6-0 defeat of unseeded Belgian Kirsten Flipkens. The second seeded Russian will now face compatriot Ekaterina Makarova after she upset fifth seed, German Angelique Kerber.

Bye Flipper; u can leave this GS proud and move up once more in the rankings:)

CROUCHING TIGER
#117 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:51:12 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Maria Sharapova in action on her way to the last eight in Melbourne

Maria Sharapova has lost only five games in four matches on the way to the Australian Open quarter-finals, a record at the season's first major that seems to be immaterial to the 25-year-old Russian.

The No2-ranked Sharapova beat Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium 6-1, 6-0 on Sunday to continue a dominant and unparalleled run. "Well I'm certainly happy to be playing this well but … it only gets tougher from here," said Sharapova, who is playing her first tournament of 2013 after withdrawing from an exhibition match in South Korea and a warm-up event at Brisbane because of an injured right collarbone.

Steffi Graf conceded only eight games in her opening four matches here in 1989, when she won the second of her three straight Australian Open titles. Monica Seles matched that mark. Sharapova has been even more dominant. She started with a pair of 6-0, 6-0 wins for the first time that has happened at a major since 1985, and then beat seven-time Grand Slam winner Venus Williams 6-1, 6-3 in the third round.

The reigning French Open champion is showing no signs of trouble with the collarbone in Melbourne, where she last won the title in 2008. "The year that I won here I don't think there were many games that I lost, but I don't think it was five or six," she said, reflecting on a run to the title where she beat three players who'd been ranked No. 1. "Toughest draw in my career."

It hasn't been as tough this year, but she next plays fellow Russian Ekaterina Makarova, who ousted fifth-seeded Angelique Kerber 7-5, 6-4. Sharapova beat Makarova in the quarter-finals here last year on her way to the final, which she lost in straight sets to Victoria Azarenka.

She did struggle at times against Flipkens, needing more than 11 minutes to hold serve in the fourth game, when she served three double-faults and had to fend off three break points. "I didn't start the match really great," Sharapova said. "I was facing a different type of opponent today and I was making a few more mistakes than I would have liked in the beginning. But after I held at 2-1, I really started making her play a little bit … and I carried that throughout the match."

deadchip
#118 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:27:58 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Her lowest quality match so far this year, especially in the first set, but still a baguette and a bagel!!! So can't really complain now can I?? Likely a bit of a letdown mentally after her match with Venus. She doesn't like all those slices much either. Makarova will be a tough opponent as she appears to be playing well. It might be good for Masha to face a little adversity (not too much though) before having to play Aggie, who is on fire so far this year, though Li Na may just take her out. Either way, it will be much tougher than what she has seen so far.
Still Maria showing some very good form and her confidence is riding good and high. Hopefully, the consistency returns to her first serve and I think she will take Makarova again this year. Davai, Maria!
Masha is my #1!!
raf72
#119 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:47:38 PM(UTC)
raf72

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)
...Another great match!!! I wish you the very best against Makarova on Tuesday!....GO MARIA GO!!!! :D
Imnumber2
#120 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:26:41 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Congrats! but inspite the win, her 1st serve % is very low and I'm sure that her team is aware of this situation. It'd be tough from this point one.

Best of luck Maria,  

You are on the right track!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Brebis
#121 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:01:20 PM(UTC)

Wow, ...steamy Maria was watched in the stands by boyfriend Grigor ! Why all those secrets about this relationship. Not one question/comment made, not one picture taken. Do they have to go through a test periode or something ? Hope Maria will get better on that serve,as it is her weakest point by far at the moment.