logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<34567>»
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013
Philli Wan
#83 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:20:11 PM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Well, you guys do have short memories.. Wasn't I saying that about Serena after Wimbledon?  In 12 days she played 13 Matches....singles and doubles...took both titles and then repeated it a few weeks later at the Olympics.  I said back then that she was on the Lance Armstrong Training plan.  I still believe it and that she, like Lance, is being protected by the relevant official body due to her status.  I hope it does all come out in the wash someday.

2 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
Hesco on 1/17/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Hesco
#79 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:21:48 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

No need to worry about Maria's shoulder.. I'm convinced it was all fake and just an excuse to get out of Brisbane.  She went straight to Melbourne and a couple of days later...when she should have been playing...she was out doing a shoot and making appearences and preparing Sugapova for its launch. 

But...WTA insist on an excuse or you get fined around 10 grand.  Did you see in the earlier interview...She sent her injury to Doctor X in the USA by Email....how did she do that?  He diagnosed the Email and told her not to play...clever.  

Photoshoots are not arranged in a couple of days, they are planned months in advance.   I get tired of reading all her lies.  guess I should just stop reading them.   

Maria anounced 5 months ago that she was launching Sugarpova in Australia before the AO, that required the same preparation as the one in NYC in Agust 21, that included 4 photo shoots and 2 late night shows in one day.

What are you Serena servile fanatics doing in Maria's forum? There are enough people of your own kind in Serena's forums for you to talk with.

Brebis
#84 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:18:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

Well, you guys do have short memories.. Wasn't I saying that about Serena after Wimbledon?  In 12 days she played 13 Matches....singles and doubles...took both titles and then repeated it a few weeks later at the Olympics.  I said back then that she was on the Lance Armstrong Training plan.  I still believe it and that she, like Lance, is being protected by the relevant official body due to her status.  I hope it does all come out in the wash someday.

No short memory Philli. It's a new year with new facts. It will be horrible if with the years to come , the truth comes out. She then has spoiled the career of many tennis players. This way I feel also sorry for many cyclists in the Netherlands who competed and lost , as Armstrong was stronger and.................."won" !

Brebis
#85 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:54:30 PM(UTC)

Every night before my bed is calling me, I listen/look on YouTube to the Maria Sharapova/ Listen to my heart song. A very powerful song with great videos of Maria. It tells me that tomorrow is not a day of worry but a day of joy , as Maria will beat Venus !!  PS;  Maria , if you are surfing on this forum and you read the above, just have a look on YouTube. The song to put on your Ipod and listen to it before you get to court. It will give you the "just do it " power !!  

I'll be working , can't unfortunately see the match. Philli, as being retired, you have all the time in the world to watch this match. Have fun and don't get uptight about any bloopers of Maria, she will prevail !   

Aussie4
#86 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:55:05 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Did anyone notice that Serena was wearing a LONG SLEEVE top in her doubles yesterday? It was 39 Celcius in Melbourne! Either she is a drug addict, or she's missing a few screws up in her brain. Glad the ankle is better, she's prob crying she couldnt win 6-0 6-0 to match Maria.
2 users thanked Aussie4 for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/17/2013(UTC), Brebis on 1/17/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#87 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 12:04:40 AM(UTC)

Will Maria wear an evening dress tonight ? C'om ooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!
Valkyre
#82 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 3:08:27 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
Serena you don't fool me. If I look at today's match, I do see a selfish over trained body builder. I just don't trust it if you look at Serena's body. Remember Armstrong..................it will all come out one day.

The fact that the americabn flag was ripped apart by the wind in London Olympics Ceremony of Women's Tennis, speaks volumes! haha

Oh the irony! Her ass is like 2 times the ass of Jennifer lopez (who had already a big ass for her body -but a nice ass at that-) and yet she can move like novak djokovic.

A simple comparison of Serena's body 5-6 years ago, shows the tremendous change it has over the years. This is a joke. It doesnt matter if she twists both ankles. The "stuff" will take care of itself. lol

DAVAI MASHA!!

2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Aussie4 on 1/18/2013(UTC), Hesco on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Valkyre
#88 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 4:37:27 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
To be honest after Maria's performance today against Venus, winning 6-1 6-3 i dont know how someone CANNOT be impressed by her...

Seriously she played astonishingly good and if it wasnt for that final game to close the match it would have been 6-1 6-1. Maria lost her concentration a bit and got broke. but she came back very nicely.\

No matches prior to this slam and Maria had 28 consecutive won games, and was simply flawlees up to that 6-1, 5-1 part.

DAVAI MASHA , very impressed.
Aussie4
#89 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 4:48:06 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
That was scary good.

Other than the small dip in form at 5-1 in the 2nd set, that was some of the best tennis i've seen her play in a while. Her returns were INSANE and Venus was serving 185km bombs.

Her movement was superb as well. Clearly she's worked hard during the off-season
1 user thanked Aussie4 for this useful post.
Alireza on 1/18/2013(UTC)
saggittarian
#91 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 5:20:18 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Impressive play by Maria against someone like Venus. Let's hope she keeps this up. All she needs to do in the next match is to keep her concentration and be aggressive from the beginning. The QF will start getting really tough.

Well done, Maria! You deserved the win. You worked so hard to get here.
2 users thanked saggittarian for this useful post.
Alireza on 1/18/2013(UTC), Hesco on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#92 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 8:09:30 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Well done Maris! Another amazing match by Maria! She really played very well in her first 3 matches! I hope she keeps on playing like this!

Now she is in 4th round ,if she plays like this and concentrates , she will win Australian Open and we will see Maria as No.1 again!

Go Go Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
frida on 1/19/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#93 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:13:07 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)

Maria Sharapova

Second seed Maria Sharapova thrashed Venus Williams in the first heavyweight clash of this year's Australian Open.

The Russian, 25, hammered the American seven-time Grand Slam champion 6-1 6-3 in only 76 minutes, and has lost just four games in three rounds.

Next she will meet Belgian Kirsten Flipkens in the last 16.

"I was a really determined player out there because I knew the tennis that she's capable of producing and playing," said Sharapova.

"Despite what she's ranked or seeded, it doesn't matter when you go out on the court. She's been there.

"She's experienced enough to know no matter if you're playing the third round, the quarters, or the final, you have to be ready. I certainly was. Since the draw came out, I was really looking forward to that match-up."

The one-sided nature of the contest was a marked contrast to the previous night's epic between Laura Robson and Petra Kvitova, as Sharapova was ruthless from the outset.

Williams, 32, might be a fading force in terms of Grand Slam results but she actually rose from outside the top 100 to end 2012 ranked 24th, having comeback from a seven-month absence due to Sjogren's Syndrome.

Taking on the world number two and French Open champion at a Grand Slam showed just how far she has fallen behind the very best, however.

"She played very well," said Williams. "I expect her to play well.

I was definitely not my best day today but, you know, there's always other days to play better. I just had a lot of errors. That never helps."

In a positively chilly 21C, compared to highs of 40C on Thursday, Sharapova stormed into a 4-0 lead.

That made it 28 games without reply for 2008 champion, following back-to-back 6-0 6-0 wins in the first two rounds.

Williams was struggling on her forehand side under the barrage, but found a cross-court winner to finally snap the streak at 4-1.

Sharapova has made it plain all week, however, that she does not care about the scoreline and simply powered on, wrapping up the first set in 30 minutes.

If Williams was to win, she absolutely had to win cheap points on serve, but Sharapova dominated that department as well with some explosive returning.

Two backhands and a fizzing forehand gave the Russian an early break in the second, and it was a mark of what a no-contest the match had become that Williams received a huge cheer when a running forehand down the line got her on the board in the second set at 3-1.

Sharapova did slip up when first serving for the match, but it raised eyebrows more than alarm bells and gave the willing crowd a chance to enjoy a few more good moments from Williams.

A rasping forehand winner and an ace bookended the final game as Sharapova wrapped up another mightily impressive performance, and she remains a strong favourite to make the final.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#94 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:16:31 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
Found this interview somewhere on Twitter; looks very natural, not as those pressconferences or others...

http://youtu.be/fQ2aFKoAGCQ

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
sarahmassimo
#96 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 12:18:35 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Fantastic return today for Maria!

In my opinion the best game played by Masha was the second game of the second set, win at 0 with 4 return winners!!

Come on!!!
deadchip
#97 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 12:41:38 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Well I think it's now official: Maria is playing extemely well!!!! Congrats to Masha on her impressive win. Venus needs to retire or maybe just play doubles. Maria was very good, but V wasn't really very good... so many errors, though Maria's play forced some of this by not giving Venus any time. Maria has been seeing the ball very well so at this AO. ESPN even made her speak russian in her post game interview. Onward and upwards Maria!!! DAVAI BABY!
Masha is my #1!!
Hesco
#99 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 2:02:20 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Vamos Maria !!!!! You are going to win the tournament. Congratulations!!!!!
Imnumber2
#100 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 2:17:23 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Impressive!!!!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Imnumber2
#90 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 2:20:11 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Aussie4 Go to Quoted Post
That was scary good.

Other than the small dip in form at 5-1 in the 2nd set, that was some of the best tennis i've seen her play in a while. Her returns were INSANE and Venus was serving 185km bombs.

Her movement was superb as well. Clearly she's worked hard during the off-season

That's awesome news!! 

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Brebis
#95 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 2:52:37 PM(UTC)

[quote=CROUCHING TIGER;321412]Found this interview somewhere on Twitter; looks very natural, not as those pressconferences or others...

http://youtu.be/fQ2aFKoAGCQ[/quote] Het zien van deze video wordt geblokkeerd helaas. Waar gaat het over ?

Brebis
#101 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 2:59:05 PM(UTC)

OZ -SOME PERFORMANCE but don't get over exited. Venus did not play well and is definatelly not serving the way Serena does. Apart from that, Maria's mentality is so different when she plays Serena. It's like Serena is "hyptonising " her. First Flipper, who is coached from distence by Kim Clijsters. When in love strange things do happen !!!