logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
RELIGION & SOCIETY
Dartagnan
#123 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:43:43 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Alcohol: the killer of young British women (by Juliet Spare)

Yesterday, 10:08 

вино дегустация ОАО Агрофирма Цимлянские вина алкоголь бокал фужер праздник

Alcohol-related deaths of women between 30 and 40 are steadily rising, according to a new study from the Glasgow Centre for Population Research.

The study's authors, Deborah Shipton and her team, compared the effects of drink in Glasgow, which has the highest death rate of people of working age in Europe, in Liverpool and Manchester.

“The similarity of trends in alcohol-related deaths in young women in Glasgow, Manchester, and Liverpool raises real concerns for the long term health of this cohort in both England and Scotland,” the researchers say.

As the trend was registered in all three cities, it “is hard to dismiss this as a city-specific phenomenon,” they continue, adding: “It is imperative that this early-warning sign is acted upon. Failure to have a policy response to this new trend may result in the effects of this increase being played out for decades to come.” 

Rise increase in drinking could be triggered by the late night drinking culture, cheap drink and the easing of the licensing laws, as well as efficient marketing and promotion.

“The UK-wide increase in alcohol consumption is linked to increases in alcohol availability and affordability, together with the promotion of alcoholic drinks by the alcohol industry and promotion of the night time economy by successive governments,” the survey argues.

According to the study the deaths were mostly caused by liver disease (71%), while 26% were caused by mental health or behavioral causes.

Researcher Shipton said the alcohol-related deaths appeared to be the falling trend in men and a rising one for women.

VoR's Juliet Spare discussed the sad trend with Sally Marlow from the Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College.

“Population as a whole is drinking more,” the expert said, adding that “if people were drinking really hard in their twenties they are more likely not to be able to ditch their bad habits and they might get worse.”

Ms Marlow has called for action as the trend negatively affects health of the entire population.

Joe Brown from Mentor charity that helps children with alcohol-dependent parents agrees.

“Alcohol is not an equal opportunity substance it hurts women and girls far more than it does men and boys. What we’re worrying about is how much those who are drinking continue to drink. The WHO survey found that UK is among the highest countries with early drunkenness of children and young people in the world. The earlier you are drinking the more probable you are to end with addiction.

“Price plays a big part in how and what young people drink,” added Brown.

The survey has been issued right before the government shelved a 45p-a-unit minimum price initiative.

Sally Marlow said there are more over hundred studies that prove a link between a drop in alcohol-related harm and booze-price rise. The study was conducted all across the world including Finland, Canada and Russia, countries with traditionally high alcohol consumption rates.

However, the Home Office Minister recently said there was no much evidence that the minimum price would reduce the problem while the move can hurt responsible drinkers.

The alcohol industry was certainly happy with the announcement.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 7/23/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#124 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:41:29 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

King Albert calls on Belgians to stick together as he prepared to step down

Бельгия король Альберт второй прощание с народом

Albert II, king of a sharply divided Belgium, called on its people Saturday to stick together as he bade them a formal farewell ahead of his abdication.

The king said that as he prepared to step down Sunday, his first wish was that Belgium, split between a Flemish-speaking north and a French south, "retains its cohesion" and builds on the gains made over the past 40 years of change.

"The country has been transformed ... in a peaceful and democratic way ... into a Federal state whose parts enjoy a large degree of autonomy," Albert said in a television broadcast on the eve of Belgium's national day.

The latest reforms will only increase this autonomy, he said.

With a difficult history and an independent state only since 1830, Belgium has struggled to accommodate the often competing demands of its main Flemish and French communities.

The drive towards autonomy has eased some of the tensions but there remain very strong separatist elements, especially in the Flemish north, which want even greater freedom to the point where some fear for the future of a single Belgium which faces elections next year.

The king said that at a time of rapid change, it was important that power be exercised at the most appropriate and most effective level.

"I am convinced that maintaining the cohesion of our Federal state is vital, not only for our quality of life together, which requires dialogue, but also so as to preserve the well-being of all," he said.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

CROUCHING TIGER
#125 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:49:38 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Shooting of the Romanov family...BRAVO !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ng_of_the_Romanov_family

THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD DO WITH THOSE ROYALS...ALL ROYALS !!!

DART, U POST ABOUT THINGS U DON'T KNOW THE SLIGHTEST THING...I LIVE IN THAT "BELGIAN HELL" AND I KNOW

WE DON'T NEED ROYALS BUT A PRESIDENT !!! BELGIUM SHOULD STOP TO EXIST WITH AN INDEPENDANT FLANDERS AND

WALLONIA...BRUSSELS WOULD BECOME THE CAPOTAL OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY...THAT'S WHAT MOST PPL WANT HERE,

ONLY THE OLD ROYAL FARTS STILL KEEP ON HANGING AT THAT STUPID,RIDICULOUS ROYAL FAMILY...ALL THAT STUPID

CHIT-CHAT U POSTED ABOVE IS "ROYAL SHIT" !!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Dartagnan
#126 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:47:15 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
Shooting of the Romanov family...BRAVO !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ng_of_the_Romanov_family

THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD DO WITH THOSE ROYALS...ALL ROYALS !!!

DART, U POST ABOUT THINGS U DON'T KNOW THE SLIGHTEST THING...I LIVE IN THAT "BELGIAN HELL" AND I KNOW

WE DON'T NEED ROYALS BUT A PRESIDENT !!! BELGIUM SHOULD STOP TO EXIST WITH AN INDEPENDANT FLANDERS AND

WALLONIA...BRUSSELS WOULD BECOME THE CAPOTAL OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY...THAT'S WHAT MOST PPL WANT HERE,

ONLY THE OLD ROYAL FARTS STILL KEEP ON HANGING AT THAT STUPID,RIDICULOUS ROYAL FAMILY...ALL THAT STUPID

CHIT-CHAT U POSTED ABOVE IS "ROYAL SHIT" !!!

We are not against your opinion. We have posted it specially for you as a citizen of Belgium. We needed your point of view. 

Yes the Romanov familly was shot; another part of the Romanov family&white army ran away in the USA&France&other countries. 

We think that the historical events obey to the physical laws of Newtons. By exploiting strongly people, the royal family created a strong reaction of people against them. Conclusion: The members of the royal family lost their heads....

There is a Newton law in physics which says that the action is egualed to the reaction. So the stronger is the action, the stronger is the reaction....

Action: A strong exploitation of people

Reaction: The members of the Royal family lost their heads.

Allons enfants de la patrie, le jour de gloire est arrivé....

Dartagnan
#122 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:58:58 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

CONCLUSION: PEOPLE NEED JOBS

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

The Gay Guide to Wedded Bliss:)

http://www.theatlantic.c...-to-wedded-bliss/309317/

Know u guys are BLIND but try to read anyway:)

You are right. Sometimes failures in an heterosexual relationship leads to an homosexual relationship. 

But there are still particular cases in many countries. I have already mentioned this case in a previous post: it is the case of Navratilova&her soviet fiancée who suffered a lot with males. 

http://www.dailymail.co....y-queen-tragic-past.html

In some countries the number of gays&lesbians is high, in other countries, this number is very low.

It is not necessary to generalize all the cases. Each country has the choice to accept some laws for them or not. We are in a democratic world.

In anycase, People should vote democratically for "Mariage for all" but the politicians should not decide for our society. 

Nowadays the politicians decide for us that means they need the lesbians&gays voices for their future election or they used their voices in past election...

People don't have the chance to vote to choose these laws for the society. It is an error. 

SO Don't be blinded about it. In this world politicians do nothing for free....they need your voices...they don't care about your job...

Remember among gays and lesbians, there are also a very high number of prostitution because these people need money to survive...prostitition can also lead to gay&lesbian relationship...because when you need money to survive, you can sleep with anybody...ugly, old, male, female...you don't care because you need money to survive...

So Poverty can also lead to gay&lesbian relationship. 

When people will have jobs and a better life, they will make better choices for their relationship. 

Conclusion: Nowadays the problem of job for people is more important than the problem of marriage for all. Without money you can't create an happy family with children because life is very expensive. 

SO DON'T PUT THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE.... PEOPLE NEED JOBS FIRST...THEN FAMILIES

Alain44
#129 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:23:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 76 post(s)

CROUCHING TIGER :  

"ANOTHER PREACHER… can u guys stop attacks on people who think "different" and stop those HATE-POSTS !!!... Let people think or do what they wanna do or go to another site ."

This post follow the mine. Apparently, it concern me… I’m not a preacher. There is no "attack" and no "hate". I simply react to ineptitudes like : "those who does’nt believe in God have not an afterlife"… If there is hate, it’s in these terms. And if the hell exist, it’s on Earth…

CROUCHING TIGER
#130 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 11:57:10 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I'm more then an agnostic, non-paranormal-believer. If i see those posts here about aliens, UFO,

religion, royalty, etc... it's like red to a bull...hope u understand, but i hate those posts. I'll say no more

mais NON, je ne regrette rien:)

Alain44
#131 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 11:36:11 PM(UTC)

Some topics are yet fundamentals. And me, that I hate, it's the lack of open-mindedness.

Et moi, je regrette car je vais arrêter de poster (je n'avais fait que commencer) dans cette "section".

CROUCHING TIGER
#132 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:54:55 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Lack of open-mindness? Because i defend the oppressed?; different sexualities?;against stubborn religion

that starts wars and violence?; against violence to women?;despise capitalism in all it's forms?(well

hidden or open);defend ppl who die on the streets?...for science-fiction i prefer a good movie above

stupid articles and i'm tired of idolation of "stardom & glitter"...

Dartagnan
#127 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:11:05 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

ALL REVOLUTIONS IN OUR SOCIETIES OBEY TO THE THIRD LAW OF NEWTONS.

WHAT DID PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THE ROYAL FAMILIES IN FRANCE.....?

We think that the historical events obey to the third law of Newtons.

By exploiting strongly people, the members of the royal family created a strong opposite reaction of people against them.

Conclusion: The members of the royal family lost their heads....

The third Newton law in physics which says that the action has an egual and opposite reaction. So the stronger is the action, the stronger is the opposite reaction....

Action: A strong exploitation of people by the Royal family

Opposite Reaction: The members of the Royal family lost their heads.

Allons enfants de la patrie, le jour de gloire est arrivé.... 14/07/2013

Dartagnan
#128 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:20:58 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian Christianity is turning 1025 years old

Dartagnan: We don't force anybody to believe in God. Each person should use the right way in his life according the information, he received during his life. We don't force people to go to Church every sunday. 

WHY SHOULD RELIGION BE IMPORTANT IN OUR SOCIETY? 

People who believe in God are nicer, they are nicer not because the religion made them naive or they are blinded by religion but because the religion from the Evangile is all the moral&rules which controls people in our society. When the bible tells you, don't steal your brother, don't kill your brother, don't go out with a married woman or man. It is not only because you are not going to Paradise if you don't obey to the bible rules but because your conscience is going to suffer if you act badly. Remember your conscience judges you...

Today, on July 24 celebrations are starting in Russia that are dedicated to the 1025th anniversary of Christianity in Russia. The 1025th birthday of Russian Christianity will be marked by church services and cross processions not only in Russia, but also in Belorussia and Ukraine.

The festivities start on the day of celebrating St. Princess Olga, which is quite symbolic. It is a known fact that she was secretly baptized Christian in Constantinople three decades prior to the official adoption of Christianity by the Kiev Rus. The choice of religion made by the princess, which was later confirmed by prince Vladimir, in the end determined the future of Rus, patriarch Kirill is convinced.

«The 1025th anniversary of Christianity in Russia is the date, which is of great significance for the peoples of Russia, as well as of Belorussia and Ukraine, as well as for all the countries the historic Rus included. It is to the Baptism of Rus that we owe the formation of our unique civilization. The faithfulness to its spiritual principles guarantees that we really remain true to ourselves, which means we will be truly happy. Because nations that betrayed themselves, which are not free and spiritually dependent cannot be happy».

The current celebrations place a special accent on the last quarter of a century of the history of Russian Christianity. This is no accident. The rebirth of the faith started with a large-scale celebration of the 1000th anniversary of the baptism of Rus, says Vladimir Legoyda, the head of the Synodal Information Department.

«In 1998 a turn that was unexpected for many people took place when it became possible to talk about the Church without criticizing it. Back then the spiritual values were reconsidered, which had been banned for decades prior to that and had been viewed as negative. Over the past 25 years we got used to common postulates that the Baptism of Rus determined the historic choice of the people who now populate the countries of the post-Soviet territory. But nevertheless, this holiday is still dear to us as an opportunity to consider important questions: who we are, where we came from and where we are going».

A large-scale open-air concert will be the culmination of the Moscow festivities. It will take place on Red Square in the evening of July 25. Classical music groups, young rock and pop-groups are to take part in that event that will last for hours. Besides Muscovites and the guests of the capital delegations from all 15 Churches of the world are invited to the concert. Of the 15 Churches eight, naturally including the Russian Orthodox Church, will be represented by their first hierarchs.

On July 26 the patriarchal delegations will go to Kiev in a special train, where they are to celebrate the Day of the Baptism itself. On July 28, the day when we commemorate St. Prince Vladimir, the Baptist of Rus, patriarch Kirill together with Orthodox clergy from various countries of the world will lead a liturgy in the Kiev Pechersk Lavra. The joint prayer by the first hierarchs will become yet another testimony of the unity and power of the Christian Orthodox faith globally. The festivities will finish in Belorussia's capital Minsk, where the representatives of the world Orthodox churches will come after their visit to Ukraine.

It is symbolic that a great Christian sacred object – the cross, on which the disciple of Jesus Christ Andrew the Apostle was crucified – will accompany the «patriarchs' train» as well. The arrival of the St. Andrew the Apostle cross was meant to mark the jubilee of the Baptism of Rus and will become a sign of spiritual unity of brotherhood nations, stressed Igor Yakimchuk, secretary for inter-Orthodox relations of the Department of External Church Relations of the Russian Orthodox Church, in his interview to the Voice of Russia.

«According to the legend preserved by the Russian Orthodox Church it was St. Andrew the Apostle who predicted the future glory of Orthodox Christianity in Rus. Andrew the Apostle travelled along the famous route from the Varangians to the Greeks. The chronicle says that he stopped at the hills where eventually the city of Kiev appeared. The Apostle put a cross at that place and predicted a great future to both that place as well as to Christianity on that territory. That is why there has always been a special attitude towards St. Andrew the Apostle in Russia».

From the Greek town of Patras, where Andrew the Apostle was crucified, the cross was first brought to St. Petersburg. Then churchgoers could see the holy object in some churches of the Moscow Region. Starting with July 19 the cross has been exhibited for public worship in the Christ the Savior's Cathedral in Moscow. About 400 thousand people have worshiped the cross in Russia.

Alain44
#133 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:37:06 PM(UTC)

Lack of open-mindness? Because i defend the oppressed?; different sexualities?;against stubborn religion

that starts wars and violence?; against violence to women?;despise capitalism in all it's forms?(well

hidden or open);defend ppl who die on the streets?...for science-fiction i prefer a good movie above

stupid articles and i'm tired of idolation of "stardom & glitter"...

The open-mindness I had thought of no concern the topics listed but the topics you "hate"... I have not criticized your implication in the matters mentioned.

CROUCHING TIGER
#134 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:55:56 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Pope Francis Doesn't Judge Gay People!

http://perezhilton.com/2...cis-judge-not-gay-people

A start?

Dartagnan
#135 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 4:12:03 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Children 'should learn about online pornography at school' - key adviser to David Cameron

безопасный интернет дети компьютер молодежь

An advisor to David Cameron says sex education in schools is out of tune with the modern age as it fails to combat children’s increasing exposure to online pornography.

Claire Perry, MP for Devizes in Wiltshire and an advisor to the Prime Minister on preventing the sexualisation of childhood, said that young people’s views of relationships and sex were being distorted by images and videos easily accessed on the internet.

Perry spoke out following the publication of research carried out by the NSPCC for The Daily Telegraphwhich claimed that nearly a third of children aged between 11 and 18 believe internet pornography dictates how they should behave in a sexual relationship.

Girls feel like they have to "look and perform like film stars" to get the attention of boys, according to the children's charity which polled 601 secondary school pupils.

Some 72% of pupils agreed that their sex education should cover porn and other issues more relevant to young people, instead of focusing on how reproduction works.

Mrs Perry noted that current statutory guidance for schools on sex education was written in 2000 and does not refer to how easy it is to access online porn.

She claims children now send pornographic pictures to each other - called "selfies" - using their smartphones in the same way they used to send notes in class.

"This youthful connectivity comes at a potentially high price," she wrote in a blog for the newspaper.

NSPCC policy adviser Claire Lilley also branded current sex education guidelines "woefully inadequate" because they predate social media.

The current sex education curriculum, drawn up in 2000, focuses principally on the mechanics of sex and pregnancy. Claire Lilley, a policy adviser for the NSPCC branded the guidelines “woefully inadequate”, saying they did not take into account the growing prevalence of the internet in young people’s lives.

"Many children will have already been exposed to a vast amount of inappropriate, unrealistic and sometimes downright harmful pornography through the internet. This can warp their view of what is normal and acceptable sexual behaviour," she said.

The Independent

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/4/2013(UTC)