logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
CULTURE&HISTORY - NEWS
Dartagnan
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:41:51 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Sergei Alexandrovich Yesenin or Esenin (03 October 1895 – 28 December 1925) was a Russian lyrical poet. He was one of the most popular and well-known Russian poets of the 20th century.

In the fall of 1921, while visiting the studio of painter Georgi Yakulov, Yesenin met the Paris-based American dancer Isadora Duncan, a woman 18 years his senior. She knew only a dozen words in Russian, and he spoke no foreign languages. They married on May 2, 1922. Yesenin accompanied his celebrity wife on a tour of Europe and the United States. His marriage to Duncan was brief and in May 1923, he returned to Moscow.

I have left my endeared home,
Getting out of my Russia of blue.
Little grove by the pond will warm
My old mother's sorrow anew. Like a golden croaker the moon
Lies prostrate on the water tranquil.
Grizzly hair, like apple-tree bloom,
In my father's beard will spill. I will not come back readily, and
Singing blizzard will ring on and on.
Maples guard my blue Russian land,
Standing there, one-legged, all alone. And I know that it's joyous for those
Who've been kissing the rain of the leaves.
For the maple and I, we both
Are alike, in the head, that is.
REAL VIDEO ABOUT YESENIN : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMGWQ3Hab14

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:54:27 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Depardieu becomes Russian citizen 

A year ago Gérard Depardieu played in the movie "Rasputin" in Russia.

Grigori Rasputin the "savior" of the Tsar's son Alexis. 

Rasputin was born a peasant in the small village of Pokrovskoye, along the Tura River in the Tobolsk guberniya (now Tyumen Oblast) in Siberia

Rasputin was employed by Tsar Nicholas II and Alexandra as a healer for their only son, Tsarevich Alexei, who suffered from hemophilia, and became an influential figure in the later years of the Tsar's reign.

FULL MOVIE (in french): 

http://www.dailymotion.c...ne-1-2_news#.UOCrVuSVnlt

President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree granting Russian citizenship to French actor Gerard Depardieu. “To grant Gerard Xavier Depardieu, born in France in 1948, his request for Russian citizenship in line with clause ‘a’, Article 89 of the Russian Constitution,” the decree says.

Russia appreciates Depardieu’s contribution to culture

The press secretary of Russia’s President Vladimir Putin Dmitry Peskov says that Russian citizenship has been granted to French actor Gerard Depardieu for his contribution to Russian culture.

The first time that President Putin promised Russian citizenship to Mr. Depardieu was during Mr. Putin’s press conference in December.

On January 3, President Putin issued an order that satisfies Mr. Depardieu’s request.

Voice of Russia, Interfax

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/4/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 3:59:24 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

THE POSITIVE INFLUENCE OF MARIA SHARAPOVA ON THE DECISION OF DEPARDIEU

THE POSITIVE INFLUENCE OF MARIA SHARAPOVA ON THE DECISION OF DEPARDIEU

WHY DOES DEPARDIEU DECIDE TO BECOME A RUSSIAN CITIZEN ? 

Translate from french by Dartagnan: Depardieu (Figaro journal): RUSSIA is a great country which has a great history with rise and fall....and personally I love the slavonic people particularly the russian blond women, I prefer Maria Sharapova !!!

DEPARDIEU (Figaro Journal): Je ne suis pas choqué la Russie est un grand pays qui a une grande histoire avec des périodes glorieuses et des périodes sombres ...et personnellement j'adore les slaves surtout les femmes blondes russes ,ma personnalité préférée c'est Maria Sharapova !!! 

On January 3, President Putin issued an order that satisfies Mr. Depardieu’s request to make him a Russian citizen.

“I am very grateful to Russia’s authorities for making me a Russian citizen,” Mr. Depardieu said in an interview to the main Russian TV channel. “I really love Russia. I love Russian people, Russian history, Russian literature. I love to play in Russian films. I love the Russian style of thinking. My father was a Communist and often listened to Radio Moscow, and my childhood memories are linked with that. I promise to learn Russian.”

Voice of Russia

Dartagnan
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:53:30 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

President Putin number one - Foreign Policy

Большая пресс-конференция Путин Владимир Путин

Russian President Vladimir Putin has been named the most influential political, business and social figure on the planet by the U.S. magazine Foreign Policy.

The latest issue of the publication in which the ratings of the people who determine the development of the modern world were published, went on sale on Friday.

This year, the magazine decided to leave blank the first spot in the rankings, as the scope of the world’s geopolitical and economic problems are so great that one person can not handle them alone, ITAR-TASS reported.

Following Vladimir Putin is the head of the U.S. Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel took the fourth place ranking as one of the the most influential people of our time.

In fifth position U.S. President Barack Obama and sixth the chairman of the European Central Bank Mario Draghi.

Voice of Russia

Dartagnan: Even in hundred year, people in the world will remember Vladimir Putin as a Positive&Influential Politician. 

Dartagnan
#24 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 1:06:48 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

A NEW HOPE FOR DEPARDIEU IN RUSSIA !!!!

Mr. Depardieu is very well known and loved in Russia and appears on billboards around Moscow and in ads for Sovetsky Bank. His films are some of the most popular in Russia and he has been very active in the Russian cultural scene over the years.

Russian media reports that Mr. Depardieu will soon begin working on several projects where he will star in adaptations Russian literary classics including the Brothers Karamazov, Crime and Punishment and The Captain's Daughter by Alexander Pushkin.

I would like Maria Sharapova&Depardieu to play the movie, The Captain's Daughter by Alexander Pushkin !!!!

It is a novel written by the great russian poet Pushkin. 

Summary of the Nobel :

Pyotr Andreyich Grinyov is the only surviving child of a retired army officer. When Pyotr turns 17, his father sends him into military service in Orenburg. En route Pyotr gets lost in a blizzard, but is rescued by a mysterious man. As a token of his gratitude, Pyotr gives the guide his hareskin jacket.

Arriving in Orenburg, Pyotr reports to his commanding officer and is assigned to serve at Belogorsky fortress under captain Ivan Mironov. The fortress is nothing more than a fence around a village, and the captain's wife Vasilisa is really in charge. Pyotr befriends his fellow officer Shvabrin, who is banished here after a duel resulted in the death of his opponent. When Pyotr dines with the Mironov family, he meets their daughter Masha and falls in love with her. This causes a rift between Pyotr and Shvabrin, who has been turned down by Masha. When Shvabrin insults Masha's honor, Pyotr and Shvabrin duel and Pyotr is injured. Pyotr asks his father's consent to marry Masha, but gets turned down.

Not much later, the fortress is besieged by Yemelyan Pugachev, who claims to be emperor Peter III. The cossacks stationed at the fortress join the forces of Pugachev, and he takes the fortress easily. He demands that Captain Mironov swears an oath of allegiance to him, and when denied, hangs the Captain and kills his wife. When it is Pyotr's turn, Shvabrin suddenly appears to have defected as well, and upon his advice orders Pyotr to be hanged. However, his life is suddenly spared as Pugachev turns out to be the guide that rescued Pyotr from the blizzard.

The next evening, Pyotr and Pugachev talk in private. Pyotr impresses Pugachev with his sincerity that he cannot serve him. Pugachev decides to let Pyotr go to Orenburg. He has to relay a message to the Governor that Pugachev will be marching on his city. The fortress is to be left under the command of Shvabrin, who takes advantage of the situation by forcing Masha to marry him. Pyotr rushes off to prevent this marriage, but is captured by Pugachev's troops. After explaining the situation to Pugachev, they both ride off to the fortress.

After Masha has been freed, she and Pyotr take off to his father's estate, but they are intercepted by the army. Pyotr decides to stay with the army and sends Masha to his father. The war with Pugachev goes on, and Pyotr gets to visit his family, only to find them captured by peasants, who have joined Pugachev's rebellion. Pyotr is imprisoned as well, and the situation worsens when Shvabrin also arrives. Just as Pyotr is about to be hanged, the army arrives and saves him. Pyotr rejoins the army, but at the moment of Pugachev's defeat, he is arrested for having friendly relations with Pugachev. During his interrogation, Shvabrin testifies that Pyotr is a traitor. Not willing to drag Masha into court, Pyotr is unable to repudiate this accusation and receives the death penalty. Although EmpressCatherine the Great spares his life, Pyotr remains a prisoner.

Masha understands why Pyotr wasn't able to defend himself and decides to go to Saint Petersburg, to present a petition to the empress. In Tsarskoe Selo, she meets a lady and details her plan to see the Empress on Pyotr's behalf. The lady refuses at first, saying that Pyotr is a traitor, but Masha is able to explain all the circumstances. Soon, Masha receives an invitation to see the Empress, and is shocked to recognize her as the lady she had talked to earlier. The Empress has become convinced of Pyotr's innocence and has ordered his release. Pyotr attends the beheading of Pugachev, and marries Masha.

The movie in russian: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK7LP2ipWQY

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/5/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:13:23 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
http://www.huffingtonpos...cid=edlinkusaolp00000003

No thanks:)...hard work though:)LOL

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 12:01:08 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Depardieu & Putin

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 1/5/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 2:45:37 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Depardieu flies to Sochi

актер Жерар Депардье

French actor and tax rebel Gerard Depardieu has flown to Sochi for a possible meeting with Vladimir Putin after he was granted Russian citizenship, a spokesman for the Russian president said on Saturday.

Dmitri Peskov told Echo of Moscow that Depardieu, who has threatened to relocate outside France to protest a planned 75-per-cent income tax, would be handed a Russian passport.

Putin on Thursday signed a decree granting Depardieu, 64, Russian citizenship after the French actor applied for it.

The actor has bought a property in a village of tax exiles in Belgium and told French Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault that he would give up his French passport.

Depardieu, who was France's best-paid actor in 2008, was pilloried by the French media for announcing his move to Nechin, a village in southern Belgium, 1 kilometre from the French town of Roubaix.

Voice of Russia, dpa

Dartagnan
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 3:38:13 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Actress Bardot Threatens to Become Russian if French Authorities 'Kill' Elephants

MOSCOW, January 4 (RIA Novosti) – French actress Brigitte Bardot has threatened to follow her colleague Gerard Depardieu and apply for Russian citizenship ­­­– though for a different reason.

Renowned actress and animal rights campaigner, 77-year-old Bardot said that she will have to become Russian in case the French authorities do not drop their plan to put down two sick elephants at a zoo in Lyon.

“If those in power have the cowardice and impudence to kill the two elephants Baby and Népal despite all the proposals made by my Foundation … then I have decided to ask for Russian nationality in order to escape this country which has become nothing but an animal cemetery,” Bardot said in a statement written in French and posted on the web site of her animal rights foundation on Friday.

The two elephants have been suffering from tuberculosis, and the city authorities have insisted that they should be put to sleep as they pose a threat to other animals in the zoo and its visitors. Backed by Bardot, a public campaign urging to save the elephants has collected thousands of signatures.

Dartagnan
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 3:57:29 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

France: 5 dead in plane crash

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...e-5-dead-in-plane-crash/

Not really culture, but had to post it somewhere...

Dartagnan
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 9:01:14 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

DARTAGNAN: Don't kill animals, we have to protect them according Maria Sharapova's picture. 

Dartagnan;321184 wrote:

Actress Bardot Threatens to Become Russian if French Authorities 'Kill' Elephants

MOSCOW, January 4 (RIA Novosti) – French actress Brigitte Bardot has threatened to follow her colleague Gerard Depardieu and apply for Russian citizenship ­­­– though for a different reason.

Renowned actress and animal rights campaigner, 77-year-old Bardot said that she will have to become Russian in case the French authorities do not drop their plan to put down two sick elephants at a zoo in Lyon.

“If those in power have the cowardice and impudence to kill the two elephants Baby and Népal despite all the proposals made by my Foundation … then I have decided to ask for Russian nationality in order to escape this country which has become nothing but an animal cemetery,” Bardot said in a statement written in French and posted on the web site of her animal rights foundation on Friday.

The two elephants have been suffering from tuberculosis, and the city authorities have insisted that they should be put to sleep as they pose a threat to other animals in the zoo and its visitors. Backed by Bardot, a public campaign urging to save the elephants has collected thousands of signatures.

Dartagnan
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 9:04:48 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Gerard Depardieu receives Russian passport

сочи Владимир Путин Жерар Депардье российское гражданство путин депардье

French actor Gerard Depardieu has met President Vladimir Putin and has been handed his new Russian passport.

The actor had announced he was seeking Russian citizenship after the French government criticised his decision to move abroad to avoid higher taxes.

Mr Depardieu met Mr Putin in Russia's Black Sea resort of Sochi.

Mr Depardieu was then given his new passport, although the president's spokesman said Mr Putin did not hand it over personally.

Mr Depardieu and Mr Putin shook hands and hugged each other at the meeting in Sochi.

Earlier this week, Mr Putin signed the decree granting Russian citizenship to Mr Depardieu.

The actor responded by writing an open letter saying: "I love your country, Russia - its people, its history, its writers. I love your culture, your intelligence."

Mr Depardieu went on to describe Russia as "a great democracy, and not a country where the prime minister calls one of its citizens shabby".

Putin meets Depardieu in Sochi

Russian President Vladimir Putin has welcomed French actor Gerard Depardieu in the Black Sea resort city of Sochi to hand him a Russian passport, Putin`s spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the media.

He added that Mr. Depardieu has been visiting Russia ‘on a private trip’.

The actor announced he was seeking Russian citizenship after the French government criticized his decision to move abroad to avoid 75% taxes.

Depardieu did not change his mind even after the tax decision was cancelled.

BBC

Dartagnan
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 9:47:58 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

New Russian citizen Depardieu visits the city of Saransk

Жерар Депардье

French actor Gerard Depardieu who has just been handed his new Russian passport visited the city of Saransk in central Russia.

Earlier,Depardieu met President Putin in Russia's Black Sea resort of Sochi.

The actor showed his new passport to reporters and fans right at the airport where he was met with traditional Russian greetings.

Then Depardieu visited local places of interest, including a monument to Yemelyan Pugachov, the leader of the Cossack Rebellion back in the 18th century. Playing Pugachov is on Depardieu’s acting wish list.

Elton John: Russia revisited

British legend Sir Elton John plans to revisit Russia with two shows in 2013.

The singer first travelled to the country during his USSR tour back in 1979.

On December 6, he will perform in Moscow, while on Dec 7 Elton John can be admired in the Volga city of Kazan.

Recently, Sir Elton John began working on his new album The Diving Board which is to be released this year.

Voice of Russia, Interfax

Dartagnan
#37 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 10:16:41 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian director will film Hamlet in Japan

Russian film director Inal Sheripov intends to film Hamlet in Japan.

Local actors will be employed to play the main parts and French star Marina Vlady may agree to play the part of the Danish prince’s mother. The film will be in Japanese and the director believes that Hamlet is in line with the Japanese national mentality.

Last year Sheripov won four prizes at international film festivals. His film For the Last Timededicated to relations between the Muslim and Christian cultures received the audience award at the New York Film Festival and his White Movie was awarded the Prix Lumiere in Naples and the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo.

watch a movie of HAMLET: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_Cbopvdv4

The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark is a tragedy by William Shakespeare. Set in the Kingdom of Denmark, the play dramatizes the revenge Prince Hamlet exacts on his uncle Claudius for murdering King Hamlet, Claudius's brother and Prince Hamlet's father, and then succeeding to the throne and taking as his wife Gertrude, the old king's widow and Prince Hamlet's mother. The play vividly portrays both true and feigned madness – from overwhelming sorrow to seething rage – and explores themes of treachery, revenge, incest, and moral corruption and family.

Hamlet is Shakespeare's longest play and among the most powerful and influential tragedies in all of English literature, with a story capable of "seemingly endless retelling and adaptation by others." The play was one of Shakespeare's most popular works during his lifetime and still ranks among his most-performed, topping the Royal Shakespeare Company's performance list since 1879. It has inspired writers from Goethe and Dickens to Joyce and Murdoch, and has been described as "the world's most filmed story afterCinderella".

It has been theorized that Hamlet is based on the legend of Amleth, preserved by 13th-century chronicler Saxo Grammaticus in hisGesta Danorum as subsequently retold by 16th-century scholar François de Belleforest. Shakespeare may also have drawn on or perhaps written an earlier (hypothetical) Elizabethan play known today as the Ur-Hamlet. He almost certainly created the title role forRichard Burbage, the leading tragedian of Shakespeare's time.[5] In the 400 years since, the role has been performed by highly acclaimed actors and actresses from each successive age.

Three different early versions of the play are extant, the First Quarto (Q1, 1603), the Second Quarto (Q2, 1604), and the First Folio (F1, 1623). Each version includes lines, and even entire scenes, missing from the others. The structure and depth of characterisation have inspired much critical scrutiny. One such example is the centuries-old debate about Hamlet's hesitation to kill his uncle, which some see as a mere plot device to prolong the action, but which others argue is a dramatization of the complex philosophical and ethical issues that surround cold-blooded murder, calculated revenge, and thwarted desire. More recently, psychoanalytic critics have examined Hamlet's unconscious desires, and feminist critics have re-evaluated and rehabilitated the often maligned characters of Ophelia and Gertrude.

Voice of Russia, TASS

Dartagnan
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 5:11:42 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Painting of Pugachov. 

Why is Depardieu a fan of the leader Pugachov? 

Then Depardieu visited local places of interest, including a monument to Yemelyan Pugachov, the leader of the Cossack Rebellion back in the 18th century. Playing Pugachov is on Depardieu’s acting wish list.

What was pugachev's rebellion significance?

Pugachev's rebellion last from 1774-1775

He urged serfs to revolt, and they did, killing their landowners.

It was significant because it was the most famous rebellion of the peasants and Tsarina Catherine began to see what her favoring of the nobility did to the peasants of Russia.

Pugachev's Rebellion (or the Cossack Rebellion) of 1774-75 was the principal revolt in a series of popular rebellions that took place in Russia after Catherine II seized power in 1762. It began as an organized insurrection of Yaik Cossacks headed by Yemelyan Pugachev, a disaffected ex-lieutenant of the Russian Imperial army, against a background of profound peasant unrest and war with the Ottoman Empire. After the initial success, Pugachev assumed leadership of an alternative government in the name of the assassinated Tsar Peter III and proclaimed an end to serfdom. This organized leadership presented a challenge to the imperial administration of Catherine II.

The rebellion managed to consolidate support from various groups including the peasants, the Cossacks and Old Believers priesthood and its administration claimed, at one point, control over most of the territory between the Volga River and the Urals. One of the most significant events of the insurrection was the Battle of Kazan in July 1774.

Government forces failed to respond effectively to the insurrection at first, partly due to logistic difficulties and a failure to appreciate its scale, but the revolt was crushed towards the end of 1774 by General Michelsohn at Tsaritsyn. Pugachev was captured soon after and executed in Moscow in January 1775. Further reprisals against rebel areas were carried out by General Peter Panin.

The events have generated many stories in legend and literature, most notably Pushkin's historical novel The Captain's Daughter (1836). It was the largest peasant revolt in Russia's history.

Sergei Alexandrovich Yesenin (Esenin)

PUGACHEV

To Anatoly Marienhof

Excerpts

URAL CONVICT

Khlopusha's monologue

K h l o p u s h a

Crazy confusion, blood-soaked and grim!

What are you? Death? Or the healing of cripples?

Lead me to his presence, lead me to him (Pugachov),

I want to see the man in the thick of it.

For three days and nights your camp I've been seeking.

North clouds were stone-grey and thunderous.

Praise to him! Even if he's not Peter!

The rabble adore his mettle and guts. 

For three days and nights along paths I stumbled,

In salt lakes my eyes sought success in vain.

My hair, like straw, by the wind was ruffled

And thoroughly flailed by chains of rain.

An embittered heart, though, will never be baffled,

It's no easy task to chop off my head.

Dawn over Orenburg, a red-haired camel,

Gave me sunrise milk and I was fed.

Its firm cool udder in the twilight dim

I pressed, like bread, to my eyelids. Quickly

Lead me to his presence, lead me to him (Pugachov),

I want to see the man in the thick of it.

Dartagnan;321200 wrote:

New Russian citizen Depardieu visits the city of Saransk

Жерар Депардье

The actor showed his new passport to reporters and fans right at the airport where he was met with traditional Russian greetings.

Dartagnan
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 5:33:43 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Sergei Alexandrovich Yesenin or Esenin (03 October 1895 – 28 December 1925) was a Russian lyrical poet. He was one of the most popular and well-known Russian poets of the 20th century.

Hey there, Russia, mother country,

Cottages in icon guise...

Never-ending land of wonder,

Vistas blue that suck the eyes.

Like a passing holy pilgrim

On your fields I turn my gaze,

On the outskirts of poor villages

Rustling poplars pine and fade.

Smelling of sweet honey and apples

Churches celebrate the Lord

And the sounds of festive dancing

Fill the fields and meadows broad.

Off into the open country

Down a beaten path I run

And to meet me, light as catkins,

Peals of girlish laughter come.

If the heavenly host should beg me:

"Come to live in heaven above!"

I shall say: "Don't give me heaven

But the Russia that I love."

http://sergey-esenin-in-....narod2.ru/poetry11.html

Dartagnan
#27 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 3:54:56 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

French Icon Gerard Depardieu Receives Russian Passport, Visits Mordovia, Russia

Depardieu flew to the city of Saransk in Mordovia, Russia (in red on the map)

File:Mordovia in Russia.svg

Mordovia’s authorities offered Depardieu choose an apartment or a house and settle there. Following a local housewarming tradition, Depardieu was presented with two kittens.

Having received Russian passport, Depardieu said that he loves Russia and promised to learn Russian language. 

Dartagnan: I don't think that Depardieu chooses the russian nationality only for financial reasons, he knows that the russian are very nice.  I mean he feels happy in Russia because people love him in this country. He also likes the culture of this country.  I meet many persons who visited russia and finally after their visit start loving russian people. 

Depardieu has already said Moscow is a too big metropolis for him and he would like to live in a village

Mordovia’s authorities offered Depardieu choose an apartment or a house and settle there. Following a local housewarming tradition, Depardieu was presented with two kittens

Dartagnan
#28 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 4:14:03 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

After Sochi, French Icon Gerard Depardieu Receives Russian Passport, Visits Mordovia, Russia

Dartagnan: I would like to remember that Alex Ovechkin's mother comes from Mordovia, Russia (in red on the map)

June 14, 2011 13:56 

The Mordovia hockey players congratulated Saransk, the capital of Mordovia Republic, with 370-th anniversary. On that anniversary of the capital of Mordovia they played a friendly game between Saransk juniors and the hockey veterans of Mordovia. The meeting marked the end ofthe hockey season. 

The friendly game was coincided with the solemn event. A native of the republic Alexander Ovechkin gave to Mordovian hockey juniors 22 sets of hockey uniforms, as well as congratulated the residents of Saransk with the Day of the city in a video message. 

For those who don't know, Ovechkin's Mom is Russian of Erzya Mordvin descent.

Dynamo, Moscow, loses 3 players to NHL

Dynamo, Moscow, has lost three prominent ice-hockey players to North America’s NHL.

They are Alexandrer Ovechkin, Leo Komarov and Nicklas Backstrom. Their new contracts go into force before next weekend.

Alex Ovechkin returns to work in the USA. 

Jan 7, 2013 21:16 Moscow Time

Александр Овечкин хоккей

File:Mordovia in Russia.svg

CROUCHING TIGER
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:18:59 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

He's a goddamn "ZILLIONAIRE"...don't think a few million eurotaxes will hurt!!!

Dartagnan
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:33:52 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

'Depardievsky' gets hero's welcome on Russian tour

French people who wants Depardieu to stay in France criticize him, but we are in a democratic world, people have to choose their nationality freely. You can't force a person to be french if he doesn't want.

New Russian citizen Gerard Depardieu

French actor Gerard Depardieu who has just been handed his new Russian passport visited the city of Saransk in central Russia. Earlier, Depardieu met President Putin in Russia's Black Sea resort of Sochi. The actor showed his new passport to reporters and fans right at the airport where he was met with traditional Russian greetings.