logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

What's going on with Maria Sharapova's marriage?
frida
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:54:36 AM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 674 post(s)

Lately I've been thinking about how awkwardly silent Maria Sharapova has been about her marriage and I decided to give the topic attention in hope of getting some insider/wise reader input. It's been almost two years since Masha and Sasha Vujacic got engaged and the topic of the wedding seems to be a far away subject on their minds, or they are playing such a game for the media. The question is, could they be hiding the split, postponing the worse, or they are just private and relaxed about their wedding plans?

First of all, no recent sightings of the couple have reached the media, while before, every now and then there was some story about them. Moreover, what happened to the giant engagement ring on Sharapova's left hand? According to the sharp eye of our reader Katrin, who pitched me to dig into this issue, the ring has been missing since about the start of the summer

That's not the only strange thing surrounding this story. Just days ago Sharapova said that the November Istanbul wedding was just a rumor:
That's not true. I'm definitely not getting married in Istanbul in November. I'm surprised anyone believed that.

However, it's suspicious that in the interview for the september issue for Hamptons magazine, Maria didn't correct the interviewer! Hamptons: You're getting married to Sasha Vujacic, a Slovenian professional basketball player (who played for the Lakers and the Nets), on November 10 in Istanbul, Turkey. Do you see yourself one day becoming a mom?

Maria :For sure! My mother and I have a very close relationship, she had me when she was really young. I've missed that train, but absolutely, some day.

At the recent launch of Sugarpova, Maria's candy brand, E! interviewed the Russian and asked her about the wedding dress and she was very vague with her answer, as if she's not even thinking about marriage at this point. But once again, Sharapova is smart and she could just be distracting the media.Have you noticed the absence of the ring? Why could it be? Are we just more impatient that Maria and Sasha?

Source: Womens tennis blog.

What Do you think about that friends??

inchbyinch
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 8:14:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
they just split up why make this topic ?
1 user thanked inchbyinch for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:10:28 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Agree with the above. Who the fuck gives a damn about some "tabloid"-gossip...GEEEZZ

What's important is what happens on court not between the sheets:)...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Dartagnan
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 11:29:42 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

ABOUT MARRIAGE....

The marriage is not something that you have to force someone to do. 

It is not because everybody marries around you that you have to marry someone by chance. 

It is not because you want a baby that you have to marry someone by chance. 

Because for a sport person, it is better to marry at the right moment than divorce several times. 

Many life Experiences of super stars showed us that when they marry early they divorce quickly. 

For serious Sport persons, it is better to marry at least after their retirement from sport. 

Each person has a destiny so we don't have to worry about Maria's marriage, she will find someone she will really love one day. 

The success of a marriage is based on mutual love but not on interests.

The bible advices people to marry a good friend of their childhood. 

We don't have to worry about Maria's marriage. We have to be happy that she is free to practice her favorite sport.  

At this moment, Maria's health is more important than anything else. We wish her a lot of health. 

HAPPY NEW 2013 YEAR EVERYBODY !!!!!

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
HaShomer 2 on 1/2/2013(UTC), nazanine on 1/2/2013(UTC)
HaShomer 2
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 5:55:25 AM(UTC)
HaShomer 2

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)

It's a NON-ISSUE because Maria's not getting married just yet! According to Maria, her focus is primarily on TENNIS right now, and of course staying healthy.  BTW, Dartagnan makes a very good point about the BIBLE.

HaShomer 2

1 user thanked HaShomer 2 for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 1/2/2013(UTC)
jesuschrist
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:48:21 AM(UTC)
jesuschrist

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
yep, she is single now, i read it on the net somewhere in youtube. i hope she marries me, heh. :)
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar.
1 user thanked jesuschrist for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 1/2/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 2:42:41 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 218 post(s)

Frida, You can't be a fan of Maria, writing a topic about her 'marriage'. This will be already the most weird, stupid topic of the year and it is only 2 days old.

3 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 1/2/2013(UTC), Dartagnan on 1/2/2013(UTC), jesuschrist on 1/3/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#8 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 1:15:03 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

MARIA SHARAPOVA HAS SEVERAL MILLIONS OF FANS IN THE WORLD. DEPARDIEU IS ONE OF THEM. 

WHY DOES DEPARDIEU DECIDE TO BECOME A RUSSIAN CITIZEN ? 

Translate from french by Dartagnan: Depardieu (Figaro journal): RUSSIA is a great country which has a great history with rise and fall....and personally I love the slavonic people particularly the russian blond women and among them, I prefer Maria Sharapova !!!

DEPARDIEU (Figaro Journal): Je ne suis pas choqué la Russie est un grand pays qui a une grande histoire avec des périodes glorieuses et des périodes sombres ...et personnellement j'adore les slaves surtout les femmes blondes russes ,ma personnalité préférée c'est Maria Sharapova !!! 

On January 3, President Putin issued an order that satisfies Mr. Depardieu’s request to make him a Russian citizen.

“I am very grateful to Russia’s authorities for making me a Russian citizen,” Mr. Depardieu said in an interview to the main Russian TV channel. “I really love Russia. I love Russian people, Russian history, Russian literature. I love to play in Russian films. I love the Russian style of thinking. My father was a Communist and often listened to Radio Moscow, and my childhood memories are linked with that. I promise to learn Russian.”

Voice of Russia

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
HaShomer 2 on 1/4/2013(UTC), jesuschrist on 1/4/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 3:28:24 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 218 post(s)
Pffff, who wants to live in Russia, always cold and corrupt
1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
jesuschrist on 1/5/2013(UTC)
jesuschrist
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:38:46 AM(UTC)
jesuschrist

Masha has really beautiful eyes if you look closely. Love 'em.
Dartagnan
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 3:32:04 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
Pffff, who wants to live in Russia, always cold and corrupt

Pffff, who wants to live in your country, always colder and corrupt!!!!

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Corruption in Dutch business equals in size the one in public sector

ARTICLE | MAY 16, 2012 - 4:13PM | BY STANISLAVA GAYDAZHIEVA

The international non-governmental organization Transparency International (TI) presented on 14 May its assessment of the Dutch national integrity system. The report is part of the pan-European Anti-Corruption Initiative, supported by the European Commission and the Ministry of Security and Justice in the Netherlands. The purpose of this initiative is to assess and review of National Integrity Systems in 25 European countries, as well as to advocate for sustainable and effective reforms.

The study concluded that the country was vulnerable to corruption and there was a ‘taboo’ among people in the country to speak about corruption. Moreover, it found out that ‘cooperation between public, social and private organisations in the realm of anti-corruption efforts is evaluated as being poor for the public sector, civil society and business.’ TI explained that the reason for this lied in the limited conceptions of the extent of corruption in the country those organisations had.  

According to the report, in the Netherlands ‘anti-corruption initiatives are seldom developed by governmental or non-governmental organisations, or by business.’ The study also mentioned the recent corruption scandals and the perception of the Dutch people that corruption has increased.

In addition, TI claimed that corruption detection, investigation and prosecution in the country were still difficult in practice, clarifying that a tension existed between the criminal justice interest in enforcement and the economic interest in avoiding criminal justice involvement and this tension made ‘the priority for investigating possible corruption by Dutch companies outside the Netherlands rather low’.

The report is also critical on the current legislation, finding out that ‘despite the existing steady stream of new legislation aimed at preventing corruption and protecting integrity, there are still areas where this legislation is inadequate’. This statement was made in connection to the lack of adequate protection in for whistle-blowers.

The NGO’s report also alarmed that corruption among private parties was not punished in the Netherlands. Compared to other European countries, where corruption in the private sector is combated, the Netherlands lags behind.

Furthermore, TI found out that the corruption in the private sector was almost equal to the corruption by civil servants, while no cooperation existed between the two sectors in developing anti-corruption initiatives. The last was also one of the explicit OECD recommendations made in 2009.

The report concluded that the Netherlands was frequently considered to be a corruption-free society in the eyes of international business, yet there were signs of lack of transparency, integrity and accountability.

The TI study comes to prove that no country is immune to the spread of corruption within its public or private sector. Nevertheless, the Dutch expectations for anti-corruption development in the new members of the EU, in particular Bulgaria, have been harsh and demanding. 

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
jesuschrist on 1/5/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 3:41:25 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Actress Bardot Threatens to Become Russian if French Authorities 'Kill' Elephants

MOSCOW, January 4 (RIA Novosti) – French actress Brigitte Bardot has threatened to follow her colleague Gerard Depardieu and apply for Russian citizenship ­­­– though for a different reason.

Renowned actress and animal rights campaigner, 77-year-old Bardot said that she will have to become Russian in case the French authorities do not drop their plan to put down two sick elephants at a zoo in Lyon.

“If those in power have the cowardice and impudence to kill the two elephants Baby and Népal despite all the proposals made by my Foundation … then I have decided to ask for Russian nationality in order to escape this country which has become nothing but an animal cemetery,” Bardot said in a statement written in French and posted on the web site of her animal rights foundation on Friday.

The two elephants have been suffering from tuberculosis, and the city authorities have insisted that they should be put to sleep as they pose a threat to other animals in the zoo and its visitors. Backed by Bardot, a public campaign urging to save the elephants has collected thousands of signatures.

“I am very grateful to Russia’s authorities for making me a Russian citizen,” Mr. Depardieu said in an interview to the main Russian TV channel. “I really love Russia. I love Russian people, Russian history, Russian literature. I love to play in Russian films. I love the Russian style of thinking. My father was a Communist and often listened to Radio Moscow, and my childhood memories are linked with that. I promise to learn Russian.”

jesuschrist
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:02:34 PM(UTC)
jesuschrist

I see a lot of hypocrisy going about in Netherlands then.
1 user thanked jesuschrist for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 1/6/2013(UTC)
inchbyinch
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 6:56:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
Maria Sharapova is off the market again. Got confirmation she's dating Bulgarian tennis player, 21-year-old Grigor Dimitrov
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite https://twitter.com/darrenrovell
Tony Montana
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:39:29 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Maria can get any single guy. Maria won't be single for long.

Tony Montana
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:47:45 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Is Maria single?

matchpoint
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:54:58 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

The date of this post is my join date Feb 20, 2013. 

Hi, just checking in. Haven't seen a tennis match since Hingis took Williams (the big one) and then lost to her sister. Did Agassi ever return all of those trophies he kissed, while tweaking? I know they were awfully rough on Martina for her recreational indulgences. But this marriage thing has me confused. I know that I wouldn't let a coke fiend sweep my steps, so why would anyone allow this in the spiritual realm of 'marriage'? Thank God (and goodness) that tennis has strict doping policies. Coke improves athhletic ability! And our little lady is clean! To be fair, I did watch Maria at Wimbeldon 2004, and taped several if not all of her matches, but eventually erased them, replacing them with repeat after repeat of The Office. It had to do with the way my mind works when deprived of oxygen. 

Because Maria is no stranger to buy money, if she hasn't danced with the filthy white agent of concentrated euphoria by now, she never will. If you look closely at the faces of a lot of beautiful women, you can see feint wisps of snow where the vacuum is lower, at the edges of the spoon, streaking into their nostrils, rewiring their heart, ruining them (another way to discern this would be to look at their eyes, or if they are rainless, or can stand to even look at bono). I cannot supply a link because the example I was witness to has already been cleaned up and I don't know how to load a screen capture. This is why tennis, sports, a discipline, is so important. Mere 'models' need something like coke to make them feel confident about their innate vacuity. That's why I live at a co-ed monatsery. It is possible to experience the same walking bliss, Mister Montana, but without the odd psychological and physiological ties to cocaine.

So do I have to wait for another dream? I'm not trying, but they find me.

This current dream all stormed into place just when I started to use email again, after many years of silence, this time to court a reformed nude model who uses head candy enhancements, on the set of B grade movies, hoping to get the edge to make the grade onto the A list, where they also use enhancements to get the edge....

This time, I saw there were two huge Siberian (long haired) wolves, both with red and white and grey stippeled fur, trapped in the garage, with little to eat. When I opened the door to feed them, they got loose. All the dogs ran out of the yard and joined with the wolves. I ran out to try to shepherd them back in, all seven of them. The night sky was bright, somehow, dark bright blue, indigo, and I was put into a cart and wheeled about by someone resembling the creator of 'curb your enthusiasm', to the west where we were supposed to wait for something from the sky. It came down from the sky when we reached the end of the street at the mouth of the local golf course. It was like a man wearing flight gear. But he vanished on landing. There were people all around, like a block party, there was a brew ha ha, and then back to the garage near the gate separating the yard from the street. I saw all these antiques, old tools, and car stuff I had held onto, and had scattered over time and space, all gathered back together now, and you had to decide what to keep. A red sled from the 50's that was made by the 'Blazon' corporation, with white handles intact, and which would be great as a hood air cowl induction intake in the apocalypse era, caught my eye. Old rear view mirrors from out dated delivery vans, very hard to find since all the tow truck drivers snatched 'em right up, wood crates...tools. Wind was blowing harder now. 

And then there she was, in a short yellow tennis dress, her stress deformed fingers encircling one of mine, which was maimed somehow, perhaps by the wolves? Perhaps by something else? I watched the finger change.... Pretty soon part of me was back in the house, where I saw a girl wearing no clothes in a somewhat small aquarium just large enough to contain her form, pressing her flesh against the glass, nipples, breasts, laughing. She was someone who had tried to interest me in her sex a few times. The aquarium was on the kitchen sink. It was riotous, a lot of partying. But mom wasn't happy, and some of my family were seen as if froze right under door frames..a place of uncertainty, and stability; a barrier of sorts, like the forcefields on the USS Enterprise.  

Her little hand, her stress-formed finger tips and palm, encircling my index finger.

But she was the last thing on my mind....I had lost my original screen name, cannot even remember it, started at the roddick period, and ended with the last dream I told here, of a family portrait, and a woman in her family asking why her husband was being left out of the picture...I think it was circa tv producer era..after a courtside kiss I witnessed that froze me solid, when I typed out some words of finality, and goodbye, to the site administrator, thinking it was to Maria, and left.

So?