logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<1112131415>»
Maria Kirilenko
Dartagnan
#241 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:40:16 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to Makiri!

Maria Kirilenko is 25 today. 

Looks like she is still in Australia and safe from Ovi's shaving cream cake. :-) And her next tournament is in Thailand starting Feb. 6. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#242 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 6:19:32 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Looks like she is still in Australia and safe from Ovi's shaving cream cake. :-) And her next tournament is in Thailand starting Feb. 6. 

Kiri & Vera Z continue to work through the draw at Pattaya. (Should be stream by the semis.)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Court 1 (from 15.00hrs)
1. Chang Kai-Chen vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn
2. Vera Zvonareva vs. Akgul Amanmuradova
3. Doi/Zhou vs. Daniilidou/Tanasugarn
4. Amanmuradova/Date-Krumm vs. Klepac/Pivovarova

Court 2 (from 15.00hrs)
1. Misaki Doi vs. Sorana Cirstea
2. Maria Kirilenko vs. Anastasia Rodionova (NB 17.00hrs)
3. Chang/King vs. Cirstea/Keothavong
4. Mirza/Rodionova vs. Brémond/Garcia

Court 3 (from 15.00hrs)
1. Lertcheewakarn/Sema vs. Abduraimova/Buyukakcay
2. C.Chan/Jeflea vs. H.Chan/Y.Chan

Court/Time TBA
1. Cibulkova/Husarova vs. Wongteanchai/Wongteanchai

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Dartagnan
#243 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 7:59:21 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Q.  When was the first time you met Kirilenko?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:  A long time ago.  Junior days.  Probably under‑12s or 14s.  I think it was Baden‑Baden in the Czech Republic.

Q.  When you guys were playing against each other or were on a team or something?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:  I don't think we played against each other that tournament.  I think we kinda just‑‑ I don't know what we were doing.  We were, I don't know, running around Baden‑Baden like freely, like little girls out of control.
I don't know what you do at that age.  But, yeah, we were enjoying ourselves.

Q.  So you guys became friends?  You might play her in the next round.  So you became friends pretty quickly?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:  Yeah, we did.  When we were 12, yeah, we were‑‑ I don't know how it really came about, if somebody introduced us, but, yeah, we kind of hit it off.
We were the same age, and, yeah.  Are we the same age?

Q.  I think you're exactly the same age, 24.
MARIA SHARAPOVA:  Okay.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#244 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 8:04:21 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Matt Cronin: Maria Kirilenko on her life on the WTA Tour

3/14/2012 10:00:00 PM

In a tour filled with talented Russians, Maria Kirilenko nearly stands alone as a high variety player, who depends more on brains than she does brawn. Now 25, the soft-spoken and life-loving Russian, who has graced the pages of more than a few lifestyle magazines, will face her childhood friend, Maria Sharapova in the quarterfinals of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells.
Currently ranked No. 23, Kirilenko reached a career high No. 18 in 2008 and is coming off a long three-set victory over her doubles partner, Nadia Petrova. Here, she discusses her goals, how she deals with fame, and her undying love for tennis. 

TENNIS CHANNEL: I asked Maria Sharapova about the first time she met you and she said it was in Baden‑Baden (Germany) at a junior tournament when you were 12. 

She said: “We were running around Baden‑Baden like freely, like little girls out of control,”  and that you immediately hit if off. Do you remember that? 

KIRILENKO:  The first time we saw each other we didn’t say anything. We were just looking at each other and then my coach and her father started talking, and we started talking. And then we got crazy. We got along so easy. 

TC: That was 13 years ago, half your life. While 25 is young life wise, tennis wise you have been playing a long time. 

KIRILENKO: That’s what I’m thinking now. Oh my god how many years have I been on tour now, nine? I started very early. There are good things - like I have a lot of experience. I feel when I play with the younger players that sometimes even if my game doesn’t work. I still know what to do know against them. But I don’t feel old, I still feel young.

TC: Do you still like the traveling, the grind of the tour? 

KIRILENKO:  Yeah I always find something to do and I’m not bored. When I have a break. I’m home for two weeks and then I feel I want to practice, to travel, to compete. I miss the rhythm of this life. I didn’t reach my goal yet, so I just want to keep doing it. 

TC: Do you reset your goals every year, or does it stay the same? It’s probably like a lot of players have: win a  Grand Slam and reach No. 1, right? 

KIRILENKO: If I can do that it would be huge, but the first goal would be to reach the top 10. I feel I’m close and my game has improved a lot. I move better, my forehand is better, so I just have to be consistent every tournament, and not like Nadia was today, up and down. I want to make the semifinals of a Grand Slam because I reached a quarterfinal once and then go from there. But when you are in the semis, you never know what’s going to happen. It’s about health, luck and the moment. You are more motivated  and you are playing well, so you can play unbelievable tennis.

TC: How long to it take you to get over the marathon loss to Sam Stosur at the US Open (a 6-2 6-7(15) 6-3 victory for the Australian)? 

KIRILENKO:  She was lucky and maybe physically stronger than me because I remember in third set I was feeling really tired and I was looking over at the other side and I saw for her it didn’t matter. She was ready to keep going. She won the tournament and deserved it. But I beat her twice after that! 

TC: I think you came into net more than 60 times in that match and you won the majority of those points.  You don’t normally see that much net rushing in women’s tennis. 

KIRILENKO: That was my tactic and it worked well and I started to move in more and it has brought me a lot of success. I’ve always been a good volleyer, even in juniors. I was building up that game from a young  age. Then, I was not afraid to use it, but I didn’t know the exact moment to come in, and now I feel it more when I have to go and I have to stay back. 

TC: Are you happy with your season so far? 

KIRILENKO:  I’m happy with my game and my shots. I’ve improved a lot. Sometimes even if I lose, I know I played very good and it keeps me positive. 

TC:  If you hear people say ‘Maria can’t reach the top 10 because she’s too small and not powerful enough and she can’t match up with the big girls and big strokes,’ what do you think? 

KIRILENKO:  I’m small, but I’m clever. Maybe it’s better to be taller so you can serve better and win easy games. but my return is good, so I’m not really struggling. I can make it even with their serves and my returns. 

TC: Do you see a lot of other clever players on tour? 

KIRILENKO:  It’s hard to say, the bigger the girl is. the harder she hits the ball and she doesn’t think about whether she has to use a slice. Some girls can’t slice or play volleys, so they just hit the ball. I’m a little different.Of the young players, I think Christina McHale, you can see she is thinking and she knows what to do. She’s not big as well. I understood quite early that I’m not big girl and what kind of game I had, that I couldn’t hit a big ball every time and don’t have a lot of power. I’m fast, I can play counterattack and hit the ball on the rise and I try to change the rhythm. That’s my game.

TC: Do you like being famous? 

KIRILENKO:  It’s not important, it’s my personal results that are more important. To be famous is also hard because you get tired of it, so I’m not looking to be very famous. 

TC: It must be hard to have a private life when you are dating a famous hockey player like Alex Ovechkin, so when you two go out you cannot have  private time. 

KIRILENKO: It’s not too bad. People recognize him, especially in America (he plays for the Washington Capitals and she spent part of the off season there), but he’s an easy going, nice guy. He gets bothered sometimes, but he doesn’t show it. He’s very relaxed. 

TC: Do you get bothered, or does it depend on the day? 

KIRILENKO:  It depends on the day. Sometimes nobody will know me and then I’ll be in a super market or on the plane and they start coming. Sometimes too many. So I never know. Sometimes I think I should be recognized and I’m not, and other times I don’t think anyone will know me, and then they do. 

TC: Petrova says that Russian players work hard, but sometimes they are too hard on themselves.

KIRILENKO:  Yes maybe sometimes we just push ourselves too hard, but I’m not talking about myself. I’m fine - I’m not pushing myself. I’m enjoying it. Some of the girls are crying during the matches and you can see they don’t enjoy playing, but it’s healthy and to travel and play and to have people come and watch you is nice. Of course you want to have results quickly, but it’s not possible. Of course it's tough if you are practicing a lot and still losing and losing and you start to think, ‘What’s going on,’ and you have to go and practice again. I’ve had that many times but that’s sport. 

TC: Have you ever woken up and said, ‘I’ve been playing tennis since age 7, maybe this isn’t for me, maybe I should have chosen another career? 

KIRILENKO: No, it’s the sport for me. I can’t see myself in drawing, or singing (I’m really bad), maybe a dancer, but who knows who a good dancer is? But my parents chose the right thing for me. When I was really young. my mom and dad  didn’t just give me the racket and say I have to play, they gave me different things and saw some things I’m better at than others. They saw I wanted to play. Every day I’d wake up and I’d say ‘Mama, Papa, I want to go to training,’ and they’d say, you have the day off, and I’d say to my dad, ‘Maybe I can go play with you?’ They  saw I was really enjoying it, and I never had a day when I’ve woken up and said to myself, ‘I don’t want to go – never.”

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
frida on 1/1/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#245 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:39:01 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kirilenko advances to 3d round at WTA Miami

Tags: RussiaSportsWorldtennisNews

Mar 24, 2012 11:39 Moscow Time

Photo: RIA Novosti

Print
Email
Add to blog

Maria Kirilenko of Russia has advanced to the third round at the WTA Miami event by defeating Alisa Kleybanova 7:6 (7:1), 6:3.

Kleybanova, who last year was ranked among the WTA Top 20 players, had not played for about 10 months after being diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Yesterday it was her first game after the recovery.

Kirilenko will now face the winner of the game between Francesca Schiavone and Ksenia Pervak.

RIAN

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_03_24/69448875/

Dartagnan
#246 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:32:29 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kirilenko/Petrova through to Miami quarterfinals

Tags: WorldSportsNewstennisRussia

Mar 28, 2012 11:58 Moscow Time

Maria Kirilenko. Photo: RIA Novosti

Print
Email
Add to blog

Russian duo Maria Kirilenko and Nadezhda Petrova are through to the quarterfinals of the international tennis championships in Miami.

Kirilenko and Petrova have defeated fellow Russians Svetlana Kuznetsvoa and Vera Zvonareva.

The pair will now play against Russian-Czech duo Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Lucie Šafářová.

RIAN

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_03_28/69836050/

Dartagnan
#247 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:18:19 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012

VIDEO: http://alexovetjkin.blog...w-with-ovechkin-and.html 

Tags: WorldSportsNewstennisRussia

Mar 28, 2012 11:58 Moscow Time

Maria Kirilenko. Photo: RIA Novosti

Print
Email
Add to blog

Russian duo Maria Kirilenko and Nadezhda Petrova are through to the quarterfinals of the international tennis championships in Miami.

Kirilenko and Petrova have defeated fellow Russians Svetlana Kuznetsvoa and Vera Zvonareva.

The pair will now play against Russian-Czech duo Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Lucie Šafářová.

RIAN

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_03_28/69836050/

Dartagnan
#248 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 4:15:53 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

ДАВАЙ РОССИЯ !!!!

Tennis V.King/M.Niculescu - M.Kirilenko/N.Petrova Match Result

WTA Double Player V.King/M.Niculescu lost the Match vs. M.Kirilenko/N.Petrova with 0 : 2 (3 : 6) (4 : 6) Sets. 
The Tennis Match was played on 30/03/2012, 18:45 Uhr within the Tournament Sony Ericsson Open Miami Doubles.
It was Part of the Games to Semi Finals Sony Ericsson Open Miami Doubles Tournament.
This WTA Double Tennis Match was played on Court Type Hard Court.
Status of this Tennis Match V.King/M.Niculescu vs. M.Kirilenko/N.Petrova is Match completed, Final Result (FT).
This Match Result was added to the Tennis Results or last updated on 30/03/ 22:58 o`clock.

http://tennis.wettpoint.com/en/games/1125568.html

Dartagnan
#249 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:43:28 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian pair in double final of WTA tournament in Miami

Russia’s Maria Kirilenko and Nadezhda Petrova advanced to the final of a WTA tournament in Miami after beating the US’ Vania King and Monica Niculescu of Romania 6-3, 6-4 on Saturday.

On Sunday, the Russian pair will face Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci of Italy .

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_03_31/70189673/

ДАВАЙ РОССИЯ !!!!

Dartagnan
#250 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:59:35 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

ДАВАЙ РОССИЯ !!!! 

MIAMI, FL, USA - Four of the most versatile players on the WTA will take Stadium court Sunday in the doubles final of the Sony Ericsson Open, after Russians Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova and Italians Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci won their semifinal matches at the Premier-level event Friday.

No.5 seeds Kirilenko and Petrova were the first team to advance, blasting six aces - five from Petrova - to defeat Vania King and Monica Niculescu, 63 64.

"It's great to be in the final of this tournament - last year I lost first round here in doubles, so I'm really happy to go this far now," Kirilenko commented. "It's great to play with Nadia. We're a good team. Hopefully this title will be ours."

Kirilenko and Petrova are 2-0 in finals together, winning Cincinnati in 2008 and Moscow in 2009 (Moscow was Premier-level). Kirilenko has 10 WTA doubles titles, Petrova 19 (including here in 2004 with Meghann Shaughnessy).

No.6 seeds Errani and Vinci followed them into the final at night, winning seven straight games from 5-3 down in the first set to build a 75 30 lead, then never really looking back to beat Argentines Gisela Dulko and Paola Suárez, 75 63.

"We're very happy to reach the final here," Vinci said after the match. "We had a great match tonight with Gisela and Paola - they played a very good match."

"It was a tough match - we didn't start so well, but we got better game by game," Errani said. "I hope we can play well again Sunday and hopefully win."

Errani and Vinci are 7-5 in finals together, winning Marbella and Barcelona in 2010, Hobart, Pattaya City and Palermo in 2011 and Monterrey and Acapulco earlier this year (all of those tournaments were International-level).

These two teams will be playing against each other for the first time.

Both teams have won all of their matches in straight sets to reach the final.

All four finalists aren't just ranked in the Top 20 in doubles (Kirilenko No.11, Errani No.14, Vinci No.15 and Petrova No.16) but they are also all ranked in the Top 35 in singles (Vinci No.20, Kirilenko No.22, Errani No.30, Petrova No.35).

Petrova was present at Maria Kirilenko's birthday in January 2012. They are good friends. 

Dartagnan
#251 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:15:34 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

HOURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HOURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Today Petrova&Kirilenko defeated the italians in Miami at the final 

Dartagnan
#252 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:27:22 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

HOURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HOURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Today Petrova&Kirilenko defeated the italians in Miami at the final 

KEY BISCAYNE, FL - APRIL 01: Maria Kirilenko of Russia celebrates winning the women's doubles final with team mate Nadia Petrova against Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci of Italy on day 14 of the Sony Ericsson Open at Crandon Park Tennis Center on April 1, 2012 in Key Biscayne, Florida. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/...80de-getty-142287938%3A1

Maria Kirilenko Of Russia Celebrates

Maria Kirilenko And Nadia Petrova Of Russia Celebrate Winning The Women's Doubles

Dartagnan
#253 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:44:05 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

KEY BISCAYNE, FL - APRIL 01: Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova of Russia pose for photographers after defeatingSara Errani Roberta Vinci of Italy after the doubles final of the Sony Ericsson Open at the Crandon Park Tennis Center on April 1, 2012 in Key Biscayne, Florida.

Maria Kirilenko And Nadia Petrova Of Russia Pose For Photographers

frida on 1/1/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#254 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 6:28:12 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

KEY BISCAYNE, FL - APRIL 01: Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova of Russia pose for photographers after defeatingSara Errani Roberta Vinci of Italy after the doubles final of the Sony Ericsson Open at the Crandon Park Tennis Center on April 1, 2012 in Key Biscayne, Florida.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Doubles - Final
(5) Kirilenko/Petrova (RUS/RUS) d. (6) Errani/Vinci (ITA/ITA) 76(0) 46 104

Dunno quite what to make of the bunny ears Thought that was a Chinese thing. But, MOLODYETS!!!  

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/1/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#255 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 7:02:32 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia's Kirilenko, Petrova win 2012 Miami Masters event

Tags: SportsRussiaWorldNewstennis

Apr 2, 2012 10:11 Moscow Time

Photo: RIA Novosti

Print
Email
Add to blog

Russia’s Maria Kirilenko and Nadezhda Petrova won the women’s doubles title at the WTA Miami Masters tournament on Sunday.

In this year’s final, the Russians got the better of Roberta Vinci and Sara Errani of Italy, in what became their third victory in history of their performances in the WTA’s doubles events.

RIAN  

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_04_02/70344540/

They might win a gold medal at the olympic in double. 

Dartagnan
#256 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 3:38:25 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

A feeling of Solidarity among sportpersons of Russia. Davai Russia!!! 

CROUCHING TIGER
#257 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:37:05 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

Cute Kiri running to that Top-10...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Dartagnan
#258 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 11:47:54 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

MARIA KIRILENKO CHANGED ALEX OVECHKIN' LIFE. ALEX&MARIA = A 100% RUSSIAN COUPLE. 

ALEX OVECHKIN IS HAPPY TO BE&WORK IN RUSSIA. 

MARIA KIRILENKO AND ALEX OVECHKIN'S MOTHER AT the Olympic Ball, at the Kremlin

VIDEO: NEW BIOGRAPHY OF ALEX 

http://www.youtube.com/w...bedded&v=yJrgrcuACTk

translation of this russian video: 

Q.: When you look at this sheep which celebrity comes in mind?
A: Alex Ovechkin
(If you don't know yet, the root of Ovi's name is SHEEP or OVEJA from Latin which got into Russian language - tj)

it continues with 7 years old little Ovi running with a bike towards his Mom. She warns him, "Watch out, there's a car behind." They are showing their blue Russian-made car Zhiguli and small log house, so called dacha, a getaway house in the country. 

Next they are showing Ovi's expensive car, calling him a millionaire. His Dad guides us though Ovi's new house in DC. The talk show person says that there are 20 years between these two events.

Another piece is Ovi with his family on the beach at the Malta resort. Little Ovi is mad cause Mom didn't get him ice-cream he wanted. He answers to "How are you?" question with "Picayune!" (ЕРУНДОВО)

Next... Ovi's first day ever at school and his Mom tries to wake him up in the morning...

So what Ovi, a.k.a Oveja, said there? They have a new kitten called Tyson. And Ovi sez that he didn't have any sexual relationship hasn't made a proposal to Maria yet.

His dad, Mikhail Ovechkin, is more straight, he wants little Ovechkins:

Дай Бог, чтобы у них все было хорошо, чтобы они пришли к решению расписаться, обручиться и принесли нам "маленьких Овечкиных".

God help that everything will be good for them, that they come to the decision to get married, get engaged and bring us "little Ovechkins."

The couple doesn't rush with such a big decision, but they have been living together. 

"Sasha often praises me and says I'm a good cook. Most of all he loves borsch, mushroom soup, meatballs with mashed potatoes. I make oatmeal in the morning for him, though he is not used to have breakfast in the morning, and now he likes it," told Maria Kirilenko once again confirming the folk's wisdom: "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach."

paul_pipkin on 12/28/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#259 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:15:39 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Maria Kirilenko follows Elena Dementieva's steps, her fiancé is a famous Russian ice hockey player: Alex Ovechkin who always dreams to marry a famous Russian sport girl. 

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
frida on 1/1/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 1/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#260 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:14:59 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Thx Dart for posting that "angelic" picture mmmhhhhhhhhhh:)

http://youtu.be/aH986VE47M8

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD