logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
2013 Brisbane International
Brebis
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:54:56 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 218 post(s)
Expect Maria to be in bed at midnight on the 31st, as she needs to play the 1st. Poor girl, can't watch the fire work. Dimitrov is playing the Brisbane tourny aswell. Wonder if we will see the two together at all. Yes, I might be the gosip girl on the site, who cares ...........!
1 user thanked Brebis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/30/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:40:54 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
Expect Maria to be in bed at midnight on the 31st, as she needs to play the 1st. Poor girl, can't watch the fire work. Dimitrov is playing the Brisbane tourny aswell. Wonder if we will see the two together at all. Yes, I might be the gosip girl on the site, who cares ...........!

Good point. We may see whether or not there is much of anyrhing to that.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
deadchip
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 2:36:51 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Dimitrov to play Raonic if he gets thru the first round. I'm torn about that one....a little. Go Milos!Jamilla will not be an easy out in Aussieland for Masha, but should be a two setter. Looking forward to Vesnina-Bouchard in Auckland. I love Elena, but Go Genie!! She needs the cash more!!! Funny I saw both those gals practicing back in 2010 at Rogers Cup, Genie was 16 and Elena was making fun of Vika's screech by imitating it, as she practiced a couple of courts down from her!!! Going to see Davis Cup in Vancouver in a month. Canada takes on Spain. I don't think Rafa will play and I heard that Ferrer is not either. That should mean Canuckistan has a chance to win. Likely would be Almagro/Monaco or Lopez for Spain then. Shame not to be able to see Rafa play live though... Have a good day folks!!!
Masha is my #1!!
Imnumber2
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:58:30 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Hello folks,

Looks like the usuals are back!! 

and I'm getting excited already. Maria is looking GOOD and beautiful, gorgeous as usual. 

Best of Luck Maria!!! 

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
1 user thanked Imnumber2 for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 12/31/2012(UTC)
Aussie4
#26 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 3:15:57 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello all! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas :)

Looks like Maria will play on the 2nd, as well as Vika.

I'm extremely excited at what this year will bring, hopefully a healthy season for ALL top players, and extremely competitive matches. A few wins over Vika and the hulk/sweathog/manrena (she has many alias') wouldn't be too much to ask for, would it?

Unfortunately i couldn't save enough to travel down to Melbourne this year (being a sydney boy) but 2014 ill definitely be down there :D

I'm going to the APIA international next week, so ill take photos and upload them for you guys :)
4 users thanked Aussie4 for this useful post.
Alireza on 12/31/2012(UTC), paul_pipkin on 12/31/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 12/31/2012(UTC), PodgeMcQ on 12/31/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#27 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:54:01 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Hello folks new year starts great with Masha 1st match!

Good to be back and boy did i miss watching her play!

Happy New Year to everyone!
3 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 12/31/2012(UTC), paul_pipkin on 12/31/2012(UTC), PodgeMcQ on 12/31/2012(UTC)
PodgeMcQ
#28 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:52:05 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Sharapova training in Brisbane: https://www.youtube.com/...bedded&v=oLk86GsMbxk
2 users thanked PodgeMcQ for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/31/2012(UTC), Brebis on 12/31/2012(UTC)
Brebis
#29 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 11:38:46 AM(UTC)

Ok, so Wednesday it is !! Time for some New Year celebrations then.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MARIA AND TO ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM.

Let's yet again hope that our LEGEND will rise and shine in 2013.

Will be an interesting year, with the top 3 fighting for Slam wins and the # 1 ranking.
4 users thanked Brebis for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/31/2012(UTC), PodgeMcQ on 12/31/2012(UTC), Hesco on 12/31/2012(UTC), frida on 1/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#30 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 12:33:43 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)

A MERRY CRISIS AND A HAPPY NEW FEAR to all members of the forum

HAPPY 2013 to all optimists in this world that balances more &more to the

RIGHT with an ARABIAN SPRING UNDER THE FIRST COLD SNOWFLAKES...

...ENJOY

"TITANIC-SHIPS" EUROPE & US i wish some "lifeboats" somewhere and all

MASHA FANS  SOME GREAT TENNISMOMENTS 

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 12/31/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 12/31/2012(UTC)
Hesco
#31 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 8:47:36 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Hesco
#32 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:34:08 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgKHlJjKDE

Maria pre Brisbane press conference.
deadchip
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:03:45 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Maria pulls out of Brisbane!!!!! collar bone still bothering her!!!
Happy New Year!!! Shitty start.....
Masha is my #1!!
1 user thanked deadchip for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 1/1/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:44:45 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Sharapova forced to withdraw 

Sharapova forced to withdraw

brisbaneinternational.com.au with AAP Tuesday 1 January 2013  

UPDATE 2.55pm: Second seed Maria Sharapova has withdrawn from the Brisbane International citing an ongoing right collarbone injury.

Sharapova had initially played down concerns over her availability in Brisbane after pulling out of a recent exhibition tournament in South Korea due to a neck concern.

But the reigning French Open champion pulled the pin on the Brisbane International for the second time after the right collarbone problem restricted her on the practice court.

“I had a bit of inflammation in my collarbone, and I sent it to my doctor in New York and he told me I couldn’t really do much overhead training for about a week.  That week was actually on Monday,” Sharapova said.

“So to be fair, I haven’t really given myself a chance to pretty much hit any serves or anything over my head.  Just been practicing groundstrokes.  So I just kind of ran out of time here.

“I started practicing once I got here but couldn’t serve much ‑  actually at all until yesterday.

“Just a couple days of serving is not really enough to go out tomorrow and compete at a high level, which is unfortunate.  I tried to give myself a chance, like I said, I just ran out of time a little bit.”

Tournament director Cameron Pearson released a statement with Sharapova a sufficient recovery to take the court for the Australian Open.

“We feel for Maria because we saw first-hand how badly she wanted to play for the people of Brisbane,” he said. “She has been fantastic since she got here and worked hard in the gym, on court and in the medical room to do everything she could to get herself right. Unfortunately she didn’t make it.”

She is replaced in the draw by lucky loser Lesia Tsurenko of Ukraine, who will meet Australian wildcard Jarmila Gajdosova in the second round.

http://www.brisbaneinter...apova-forced-to-withdraw

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/1/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:16:17 AM(UTC)

That's not good news for the first day of this year. Have to work today and then this news. Looks like she never had the intention to play in Brisbane but came to please the fans and tourny management. Doesn't look good. The year hasn't even started yet with match after match. In contact with her doctor in New York, that says enough. Brrrrr.
paul_pipkin
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:36:18 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
That's not good news for the first day of this year. Have to work today and then this news. Looks like she never had the intention to play in Brisbane but came to please the fans and tourny management. Doesn't look good. The year hasn't even started yet with match after match. In contact with her doctor in New York, that says enough. Brrrrr.

Very likely Dr Altchek, who dealt with her shoulder. http://www.hss.edu/physicians_altchek-david.asp A TOP man. 

tiramiisu
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 3:40:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

SIGH!!!! Seriously so damn sad that she had to withdraw!!! I was soooo looking forward to seeing her play again for several weeks already!!! ;'(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Such a bad start to the New Year!!!!

I really hope she recovers completely for the Aussie Open though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really want her to be at her best!!! So sad there always seems to be injuries T_T

Will be praying for her!!! 

Hope she takes these two weeks to rest well and practice comfortably!!!!! Do you guys think she'll be fit enough by then?? 

And I'm also hoping time flies so I can watch her soon :(

Aussie4
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 4:01:31 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

A real shame, but i'd rather her be 100% healthy and ready for her AO assault, rather than play in Brissie, re-injure her collarbone, and perform sub-par at the Aussie Open.

She'll be right, have a little faith guys :)
Philli Wan
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:30:13 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

I just watched the Serena/Alize Cornet match.  To be honest, Alize played very good tennis compared to what I've seen from her over the last year.  Her shots were hard and well placed...problem is....Serena played like Kim and she went after every shot and most times got them.  Serena is extremely fast now, and it is clear from the size of her boobs (sorry boys)  that she has lost a lot of weight and is extremely fit.  Wether or not she can maintain this level of play through a whole tournament or a Grand Slam remains to be seen, but right now she is playing like the No. 1 she will most likely be after the AO.

Now to Maria's problems..  Have to read between the lines here.  She is not saying it directly but if you know your biology you will know that if you have a damaged collar bone, or inflamed joints at either end of it, you cannot raise your arm above shoulder level.  Such injuries usually come from over exerting the muscles and joints or an old injury that has returned to haunt you because you never gave it time to heal properly.  I bet on the latter.  Remember last year...at the beginning, she said she had gone back to her old serve....and it worked too.....BUT it was making that serve that caused her problems in 2007/8 in the first place.  Are you following me?  So we are going to be hearing all kinds of excuses...lies...about what is really wrong.  She wont admit to making the same mistake again.  Neck, collar bone, ...so long as she doesn't say shoulder problem, people will not relate..... she thinks.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
Aussie4
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:45:54 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

I just watched the Serena/Alize Cornet match.  To be honest, Alize played very good tennis compared to what I've seen from her over the last year.  Her shots were hard and well placed...problem is....Serena played like Kim and she went after every shot and most times got them.  Serena is extremely fast now, and it is clear from the size of her boobs (sorry boys)  that she has lost a lot of weight and is extremely fit.  Wether or not she can maintain this level of play through a whole tournament or a Grand Slam remains to be seen, but right now she is playing like the No. 1 she will most likely be after the AO.

Now to Maria's problems..  Have to read between the lines here.  She is not saying it directly but if you know your biology you will know that if you have a damaged collar bone, or inflamed joints at either end of it, you cannot raise your arm above shoulder level.  Such injuries usually come from over exerting the muscles and joints or an old injury that has returned to haunt you because you never gave it time to heal properly.  I bet on the latter.  Remember last year...at the beginning, she said she had gone back to her old serve....and it worked too.....BUT it was making that serve that caused her problems in 2007/8 in the first place.  Are you following me?  So we are going to be hearing all kinds of excuses...lies...about what is really wrong.  She wont admit to making the same mistake again.  Neck, collar bone, ...so long as she doesn't say shoulder problem, people will not relate..... she thinks.

Hmmm, i don't know Philli, Maria tore her supraspinalus (i'm quite positive) which is one of the 4 rotator cuffs. It has absolutely no attachment to the clavicle. The subscapularis rotator cuff is the lone cuff on the chest (whereas the other three are on the back) and if that's the one she had torn, then definitely we could relate it to the collarbone. However, i just think she's done a lot of strengthing around the general shoulder area (for obvious reasons) and has pushed maybe a little too far.

Time will tell.

Philli Wan
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:19:52 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Your descriptive terminology is quite correct...the general movement of the arm is indeed supported back and front, but to balance out the movement and to compensate for correct movement within the shoulder joint, the collar bone is required to hold it all in place, much like the track rods on a steering system in a car.  Nothing works right if one piece is not in order.  Strange that she sent the inflamation to her doctor in NY.  How did she do that? 

On another note...or perhaps the same one.... have you noticed how they picked up, in both pics, the fact that she is constantly fiddling with her hair when talking to reporters.  That's a distinct sign of nervousness and uncertainty and probably because she is hiding something and not telling them what she knows is the real reason.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.