logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Maria has 9 million fans in Facebook, more than all the WTA women combined
Hesco
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:03:05 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Tomorrow Maria will have 9 million fans in Face book. This is more than all the WTA women totals combined. This accomplishment is unprecedented in the social media history.

This shows the complete dominance of Maria as the most popular, beautiful l, internet downloaded, best paid and brand recognition woman athlete in the world for the last 8 years.

This fan base can buy a lot of SUGARPOVA ;-)

3 users thanked Hesco for this useful post.
Alireza on 12/14/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 12/15/2012(UTC), <3Maria Sharapova on 12/16/2012(UTC)
Hesco
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:33:30 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Maria is in the Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35 EST to promote the opening of a Sugarpova store in LA>
Alireza
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:19:04 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Now, Maria's fans are more than 9 million on facebook! Congratulations Maria, congratulations to all her fans!
It's more than Azarenka's fans or even Serena's fans!

I wish that it comes to about 10 or 11 million in new season and we see Maria as world No.1 in 2013!

Go Go Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
2 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 12/15/2012(UTC), frida on 12/21/2012(UTC)
Hesco
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:55:51 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Today Maria has 9 million fans in Facebook, that total is more than all of the 2500 WTA players combined.
Today for the fist time in Facebook history a female athlete has more than half a million people talking about Maria.
1 user thanked Hesco for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 12/15/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:28:49 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hesco Go to Quoted Post
Today Maria has 9 million fans in Facebook, that total is more than all of the 2500 WTA players combined.
Today for the fist time in Facebook history a female athlete has more than half a million people talking about Maria.

The number of Maria's fans has increased exponentially. A year ago she had only 2 millions fans on facebook. 

I think her victory at Roland Garros&her good participation at the Olympic Games also made the difference. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 12/16/2012(UTC), frida on 12/21/2012(UTC)
Brebis
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 4:59:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 218 post(s)
It's agreat achievenment but I don't trust the system. If you see how fast the "likes "go you think that someone is clicking the button a 1000 times a day. Just can't believe that so many people heard about a 'Maria Sharapova face book pagina' recently.
Hernando
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:24:05 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
It's agreat achievenment but I don't trust the system. If you see how fast the "likes "go you think that someone is clicking the button a 1000 times a day. Just can't believe that so many people heard about a 'Maria Sharapova face book pagina' recently.

Let me explain how Facebook works.

When somebody register for the first time in Maria's page that is the only "Like" ever to be recognized by Facebook. All of the more than 9 million LIKE fans are first time registered people.

Every time a fan "LOG-IN" and write some coment, it adds to the "Talking about this". Today that total is 500.808, this total is for the last week. In the last week half a million of Maria's 9 million fans have visited her page and left a mesage on it.

People can not register again because Facebook recognizes the internet address and tells you so. Go ahead and try to register again.

Serena has 1318.000 Likes, Venus W 1177.000, Ivanovic 734.750. Wozniacki 501.000, Azarenka 184.000, Jankovic 151.000, Radwanska 124.731, Kvitova 107.000, Lisiki 118.000, Na,Li 68.000, Kirilenko 60.600.

The popularity of Maria is world wide, 50% of their comments in Facebook are in languages other than English, mostly Spanish and Arabic.

MariaS
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:56:16 AM(UTC)
MariaS

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I'm proud to say I'm one of them.
3 users thanked MariaS for this useful post.
Alireza on 12/16/2012(UTC), Hesco on 12/20/2012(UTC), frida on 12/21/2012(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:22:37 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)
That's completely insane!!! Really glad I am a part of them. Hehe
Brebis
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:57:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 218 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hernando Go to Quoted Post

Let me explain how Facebook works.

When somebody register for the first time in Maria's page that is the only "Like" ever to be recognized by Facebook. All of the more than 9 million LIKE fans are first time registered people.

Every time a fan "LOG-IN" and write some coment, it adds to the "Talking about this". Today that total is 500.808, this total is for the last week. In the last week half a million of Maria's 9 million fans have visited her page and left a mesage on it.

People can not register again because Facebook recognizes the internet address and tells you so. Go ahead and try to register again.

Serena has 1318.000 Likes, Venus W 1177.000, Ivanovic 734.750. Wozniacki 501.000, Azarenka 184.000, Jankovic 151.000, Radwanska 124.731, Kvitova 107.000, Lisiki 118.000, Na,Li 68.000, Kirilenko 60.600.

The popularity of Maria is world wide, 50% of their comments in Facebook are in languages other than English, mostly Spanish and Arabic.

I know how facebook works. I do find it strange that so fast so many new mebers register, as if they hear about Maria for the very first time in life !! Only today over 13000 people registered ????

Imnumber2
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:47:42 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

She is different than any other athletes. She simply has the IT 

and  that's why we all are following her ever since.

Best of luck for the years to come,

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Hesco
#9 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 12:19:47 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Brebis it is ok for you to distrust Facebook. 

Facebook has become a 86 billion company and the most powerful social media in the wold because it is the most trusted.

Nobody can hack into Facebook more than a few fractions of second before they are detected and reported to the police.

If it is so easy to just "clik the buttton a 1000 times a day" Why the other players fans are not doing the same?

Roger Federer is the only player with 12 million fans over Maria, he gets 15000 a day new fans, Maria gets 14000.

Today the WTA announced it has one million fans in its official Facebook page.

1 user thanked Hesco for this useful post.
frida on 3/2/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#13 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 12:00:03 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)

Via FB...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 3/2/2013(UTC)
Hesco
#14 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 4:52:21 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Maria's fans, Pl.go to her site "MariaSharapova.com and click on the article " Maria nominated in the top 10 best dressed women list for the week Jan 7 in Vogue Magazine. Vote for her, she is in second place with 434 votes, fist place has 437, only 3 votes, every vote counts!!!!
matchpoint
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:34:41 AM(UTC)
matchpoint

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Previously I had said 'near perfect vision'. More Like.....20/20, act-ually. Marines that won't march in formation = UN troops massing within, so our leaders can quack orders from blue lips, between crack hits. And No Moving Van outside. I see outside, and the red cardinal is feeding the brown one. A personalized gift of sorts. I'll miss them, and every atom of dirt I was forced to flee from, because I can see. Can't say stuff like this on face book, not even with 9 million fans, cellphones, or credit links. Like, now that I think of it, where did that come from....? Maybe Fukushima....because when I watched HBO's "Girls", I nearly went, Like, instantly blind. Like, what's wrong with me. Like, I think I get it now.

When one pees, it's supposed to be Like something you'd see in a detention facility, or concentration camp: simple elimination, now a form of torture and pain. Oh, and just do it anywhere. We'll just assimilate this, get used to it if we see enough of it. Hyman Roth had the same problems. I guess the bag with 2 million dollars was more important than getting his vibe right with God. What else is there to think about, when taking a nap? A bag with 2 million dollars, or God? I am afraid of the answer, to be honest. So, Houston, perhaps we do have a problem? 

What a world. Let's go driving at top speed, doing nitrous, while blindfolded, with Bucky at the wheel. Can't they, Like, confine themselves within New York City when doing this? I swear they should just quash the series, before it's all archived as evidence. Wear lots of garlic if you are exposed to this human zoo documentary "Girls". 

So anyways, I wanted to say, on face book, Like, that I hope her new racquet has some feel to it, some flex. I don't know if they allow that anymore, in tennis. But I must confirm my identity with cellular ID, or links to my credit, before I can, Like, 'see something/say something'. Well, I am no neuroscientist, but the human body is not a robot. And matches are won with hardwired nerves, not wireless nerve transmissions, however sublime they certainly may be. If a racquet has no flex, then yes, it is powerful, and transmits all the energy right back over the net. But the human bones, Maria's bones, are constantly taking a hit. It's a devil's bargain. I think it has ruined tennis, personally.

Like, what tension does one use in the strings if the racquet has no flex? I use 55 on the mains and 50 on the cross, with my Dennis Ralston Match Play model. I know that no one will believe this, but when you serve with a real racquet, it is possible to blast at over 140. The problem comes in the return, and that's what makes the game interesting. At those speeds, on the return, the ball is near impossible to put anything into, with wood. But to serve that hard takes immense concentration, and immaculate physical form, because the sweet spot is small, and the wood bends like a tree limb in a hurricane. So it evens out.

The first time I was able to do this, I was using a Davis Classic 2. As I squinted into the bright sky, I could see two things; the ball, and a small blue butterfly dancing around it. But too late, the nerves were locked. It would have been simpler to stop a goddamn freight train. The butterfly smashed into atoms, and the bullet hit the line at speed which not even a beast could have dealt with. 

I leave for New York in the morning. Think about a price.

Philli Wan
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 10:54:42 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Nine Million Fans on Facebook, a quick look at the replies will tell you that 8 million 900 thousand are arabic or indian and muslims who can barely write english.  I wonder how many of them have ever seen Maria play Tennis.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 3/2/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 12:53:32 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Agree with Philli on this one. Nothing towards those ppl, but most on FB just push that

"like"-button for her LOOKS and not for her TENNIS. We have the same situation here on-site:)

(i would lie if i would say i just look at her racquet; no, she's eye-candy but first a tennisplayer)...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD