logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
SPORT NEWS
CROUCHING TIGER
#21 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 11:13:42 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
http://www.cbc.ca/sports...ing-titles-decision.html

Cycling was rotten to the core and needed an example to survive; a name as ARMSTRONG set a pre-

cedent for zero-tolerance in the future. RABOBANK already stopped sponsoring, others could follow...

Question? Will cyclism survive???...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 10/22/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#22 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 4:45:52 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/cycling/story/2012/10/22/lance-armstrong-doping-titles-decision.html

Cycling was rotten to the core and needed an example to survive; a name as ARMSTRONG set a pre-

cedent for zero-tolerance in the future. RABOBANK already stopped sponsoring, others could follow...

Question? Will cyclism survive???...

Armstrong Stripped of His 7 Tour de France Titles

"We have come too far in the fight against doping to return to our past. Cycling has a future, and something like this must never happen again."

That means, it is finished for Armstrong in cyclism but not for cyclism.

It is a good lesson for cyclism authorities and other athletes.

This situation in cyclism remembers me Fukushima accident. Before Fukushima everybody in Japan believed in nuclear power plants. They thought that it was a very reliable energy which gave you energy independence for ever. 

But after the Fukushima accident, Japanese people understood that they made the biggest error of Japan history by building nuclear power plants inside a country where earthquakes often happen. They believed in a cheating. 

Many People believed in Armstrong so they sponsored him but now they understand that they made the biggest error by believing in a cheat. 

I am sure that Armstrong is not the only athlete who used drugs for improving his level in sport. André Agassi has written a book about his own case. That means we have to control very carefully all the athletes. We should also know that athletes can also corrupt the sport autorities. 

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121022/176822868.html

Lance Armstrong

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/23/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:49:57 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

ALEX OVECHKIN MAKES THE KHL HOCKEY MORE ATTRACTIVE BY PLAYING FOR DYNAMO MOSCOW AND WINNING PLENTY OF GOALS. 

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...r&list=TLi0_xw0E48S4 

Ovechkin plays under the number 32 in Dynamo Moscow. 

Washington Capitals teammates Alex Ovechkin and Niklas Backstrom form the most formidable attack in the KHL, Yaroslavl Lokomotiv goaltender Semyon Varlamov has said.

Ovechkin, a Capitals player since 2005, signed a lockout contract with Dynamo Moscow last month and after persuading his long-time partner Backstrom to do the same, the Swedish forward finally joined the Gagarin Cup holder last week.

Backstrom claimed his first KHL point on his debut against Lokomotiv Yaroslavl on Monday, combining with Filip Novak to provide an assist for Ovechkin, who beat Varlamov between the posts with a powerful wrister.

“This will probably be the most powerful and dangerous tandem,” Varlamov said after the game, which ended in a 3-0 Lokomotiv defeat.

“Give Backstrom some time to find his form, to adapt, and his pairing with Ovechkin will become a threat to all goaltenders,” he added.

Varlamov tended the goal for the Capitals from 2008 to 2011 before joining the Colorado Avalanche, and he admitted that the duo knew how to play against him.

"Ovechkin and Backstrom know my weaknesses, know where to shoot,” Varlamov said.

Dynamo leads second-placed Lokomotiv by eight points in the Western Conference, but Tom Rowe’s men have one game in hand.

Dynamo travels to Nizhniy Novgorod to face local team Torpedo on Wednesday while Lokomotiv hosts SKA St. Petersburg on the same day.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121023/176850245.html

Alex Ovechkin

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#26 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 10:41:40 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Armstrong Tour Years to Have No Winner

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121026/176941525.html

Lance Armstrong

Dartagnan
#24 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 6:47:45 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

NHL lockout continues

nhl нхл логотип хоккей

On Friday the National Hockey League (NHL) cancelled all scheduled regular-season games up to November 30 over an ongoing dispute with players and absence of a new bargaining agreement.

The NHL lockout began on 16 September, when the previous contract expired. Despite many months of negotiations on a new agreement, the NHL and the union leadership could not agree on the fair division of revenues between clubs and players.

Voice of Russia, TASS

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...7/NHL-lockout-continues/

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

ALEX OVECHKIN MAKES THE KHL HOCKEY MORE ATTRACTIVE BY PLAYING FOR DYNAMO MOSCOW AND WINNING PLENTY OF GOALS. 

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...r&list=TLi0_xw0E48S4 

Ovechkin plays under the number 32 in Dynamo Moscow. 

Washington Capitals teammates Alex Ovechkin and Niklas Backstrom form the most formidable attack in the KHL, Yaroslavl Lokomotiv goaltender Semyon Varlamov has said.

Ovechkin, a Capitals player since 2005, signed a lockout contract with Dynamo Moscow last month and after persuading his long-time partner Backstrom to do the same, the Swedish forward finally joined the Gagarin Cup holder last week.

Backstrom claimed his first KHL point on his debut against Lokomotiv Yaroslavl on Monday, combining with Filip Novak to provide an assist for Ovechkin, who beat Varlamov between the posts with a powerful wrister.

“This will probably be the most powerful and dangerous tandem,” Varlamov said after the game, which ended in a 3-0 Lokomotiv defeat.

“Give Backstrom some time to find his form, to adapt, and his pairing with Ovechkin will become a threat to all goaltenders,” he added.

Varlamov tended the goal for the Capitals from 2008 to 2011 before joining the Colorado Avalanche, and he admitted that the duo knew how to play against him.

"Ovechkin and Backstrom know my weaknesses, know where to shoot,” Varlamov said.

Dynamo leads second-placed Lokomotiv by eight points in the Western Conference, but Tom Rowe’s men have one game in hand.

Dynamo travels to Nizhniy Novgorod to face local team Torpedo on Wednesday while Lokomotiv hosts SKA St. Petersburg on the same day.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121023/176850245.html

Alex Ovechkin

Dartagnan
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:21:45 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Promoting peace by sport, or how to overcome ethnic tensions with the help of sport – interview, Wilfried Lemke

открытие Russia.Sochi.Park Лондон Сочи парк

“If we would just cut the military budgets 1% we can hundred times do more in the peace and sport initiatives” - Voice of Russia talked to Wilfried Lemke, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General of the United Nations on Sport for Development and Peace.

A lot of words were said about promoting peace by sport. Could you give a bit of clarification – how is it possible, maybe some examples?

There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of very concrete examples how we can use sport as a tool for development and peace. One example that I personally saw is in Kenya, the heart of Africa. They have elections in spring time 2013 and so they have many many different ethnic groups in Kenya and after the last election thousands were killed due to the ethnic tensions that are there. And so people from sport organized a peace football tournament and all the ethnic groups sent their teams. And the idea was, after the tournament was finished, to say – listen, here are the best players of the tournament and they all come from different ethnic groups and they were very happy and proud to be in the team of the champions, of the best, and that unified them.

And then they start communication, although they sometimes have different languages, but in a way they understand. And if you can understand yourself, you respect each other, and they became friends because they played in the team. The meaning by that is – sport can unify people even from different ethnic groups, religious groups or cultural groups. So, this is a very precise example of how we can use sport as a tool for peace.

Do you really think that it is possible to reduce the amount of conflicts nowadays by sports?

What I will say before the next panel starts here is – if we would just cut the military budgets 1% we can hundred times do more in the peace and sport initiatives. So, it is a tough work but we don’t want to have any conflict in the world, and I think we have something like 200 conflicts in the world. But there is a possibility for sport bringing people together and this is shown day by day all over the world. But we have to believe in that and not say that we cannot do anything, people want to have conflicts and want to kill each other like they do in many countries day by day. We have to stop them. Imagine how many billions we pay for weapons in the world and at the same moment how less money we spend for peace initiatives.

Have you been to the previous forum?

Yes, I’ve been I think to 5 forums here. And the development of peace and sport is unbelievable. When we started I think 6 years ago it was not at all to compare with what happens now. There were so many positive things and we discussed it also with the table tennis tournament bringing North Korea and South Korea together in Qatar, I think it was in December 2011, or maybe 2010, I don’t know, but it was a wonderful experience to have of sport as a tool of bringing South Korea and North Korea on one table, being in one team and winning the gold medal there in Qatar. And this is also an example, this is something like ping-pong diplomacy that we had in the 60’es. And this is very positive and shows the strength and the power of sport.

So, it looks like sport can be like diplomacy, it is like a heart of diplomacy?

Yes, obviously it is easier to meet athletes as diplomats, as real diplomats.

And how do you like the organization of the Sochi forum? It is the first time it is out of Monaco?

Yes, it is a big challenge for everybody. Not everything is a hundred percent. Language is a problem. Russian friends, and I really call them Russian friends, have to work on this. It is absolutely necessary that if you arrive at the airport people are able to speak English to welcome the people and to tell them where the right hotel is where to stay. We have to learn a little bit more about this. But I’m quite sure that people are very very friendly, we feel very welcome here. But something has to be changed.

And I spoke to many friends here in Russia who are responsible for the setting and the most important thing is the volunteers in 2014, they are very important. They must be like an entrance door, like a welcome door. They must give us a smile and the feeling that we are welcome here. And of course we have to be able to communicate with them. That was a little bit easier in London where everybody was able to speak English. I know that it is a real challenge for Sochi but I’m absolutely sure that finally everything will be fine. The accommodation is fine, the food is good, people are nice and if they give us a smile then we will be definitely happy.

Ok, thank you so much.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...nterview-Wilfried-Lemke/

Dartagnan
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:37:34 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

ARMSTRONG COULD LOSE 2008 OLYMPIC MEDAL FOR DOPING

ARTICLE: http://msn.foxsports.com...mpic-bronze-medal-110212 

Dartagnan
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:15:13 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Olympic fire from London comes to Sochi

Олимпийский огонь Олимпийские игры факел Олимпиада

The UK’s Minister of Sports and Tourism Hugh Robertson has handled the Olympic fire from London, where the Olympic Games took place in summer, to representatives of the Russian city of Sochi, where the winter Olympic Games will take place in 2014.

Mr. Robertson praised Russia’s preparations for the Olympic Games and said that he has no doubt that the games will be held on a due level.

The Olympic Games will take place in Sochi from February 7 till 23, 2014. Right after them, the Paralympic Games will be held.

Voice of Russia, RIA

Dartagnan
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:22:38 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia's Alexander Lesun tops world pentathlon charts

Александр Лесун современное пятиборье

Russia’s Alexander Lesun tops the list of the world’s five best pentathlon athletes of the 2012 season.

After the Asia Championships in Taiwan, the last major event of the season, Lesun moved atop the world pentathlon rankings with the highest total points scored.

Voice of Russia, RIA

paul_pipkin on 11/7/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:02:42 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Pavel Bure inducted into Hockey Hall of Fame

The legendary Russian puckster Pavel Bure has been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Bure, nicknamed the "Russian Rocket," said he was “happy to be here,” adding that hockey was a team game and he had always been part of a team.

Voice of Russia, RIA

MOSCOW, November 13 (RIA Novosti) – Russian ice hockey legend Pavel Bure has been inducted into NHL Hall of Fame in recognition of his achievements during a remarkable 702-game NHL career.

Bure, known as ‘the Russian Rocket’ for his speed, was enshrined in the Hall of Fame ‘Players’ category during late Monday ceremony in Toronto, along with three other NHL stars – Joe Sakic, Matt Sundin and Adam Oates.

Bure said in his inductee speech that he felt “privileged to have lived this life and to have played this game.”

"I'll never forget the sights and sounds of the packed arena and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the support throughout my career," Bure said addressing his fans.

Selected 113th overall in the 1989 NHL Entry Draft by Vancouver, Bure began his NHL career in 1991–92 and won the Calder Memorial Trophy as the league's best rookie.

He became one of the most exciting goal-scorers of his time with 437 goals and 342 assists over 12 seasons with the Vancouver Canucks, Florida Panthers and New York Rangers.

Bure joins fellow Russians Vyacheslav Fetisov, Vladislav Tretyak, Igor Larionov and Valery Kharlamov in the Hall.

The retired 41-year-old right winger has also been recognized for his international career as a 2012 inductee in the International Ice Hockey Federation Hall of Fame.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121113/177417401.html

paul_pipkin on 11/29/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:52:22 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Sportcal puts Russia among world sport leaders

Министерство спорта Российской Федерации Министерство спорта РФ

Russia has entered the list of the top-three most influential countries in the world in terms of the development of sport, according to a survey posted on the Sportcal website on Thursday.

Additionally, Russia got a status of the world sport leader for the period of up to 2018.

Aside from Russia, the Global Sport Influence survey also mentioned China, Britain, Italy, Canada, Germany, France, Brazil and the United States as countries that showed the best results in sport in 2012.

Voice of Russia, RIA

Dartagnan
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:59:13 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Pavel Bure: I’m Not Tempted to Coach - Yet

Pavel Bure

MOSCOW, November 15 (R-Sport, Ivan Tugarin) - The legendary Russian hockey player Pavel Bure, nicknamed The Russian Rocket, talks to R-Sport about his induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame, his unwillingness to become a coach and his expectations about the Olympic Games in Sochi.

Pavel, when you went to play hockey overseas in 1991, did you think that one day you will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame?

“You know, this is the biggest individual reward that a player can get. I don’t know whether I had thought about it at the time, I’m just very glad that it happened. It is a great honor for me.”

Earlier, in May, you were inducted into the IIHF Hall of Fame. Can these two events be compared, in principle?

“I will say this: Both are very prestigious, but there are not many [Russian] guys in Toronto’s hall of fame. Apart from me there are [Valery Kharlamov], [Vyacheslav] Fetisov, [Igor] Larionov, [Vladislav] Tretiak. For me, it's just a huge honor to be awarded along with them.”

Have you already come to the realization that since you’re in the Hockey Hall of Fame, you brought something special to hockey?

“It’s difficult to speak about yourself. Maybe it will come later, but for now I'm just happy that it happened. For me, the biggest reward is when people say that they started watching hockey just because of me. I know that I turned many people into hockey fans. Hockey is my life, and I'm glad that I have attached a lot of people to it.”

Is it fair to say that the NHL lockout is a disaster for North America?

“Yes, of course. Not so much for the United States – they have football and basketball – but for Canada. For Canada it’s a huge loss.”

Did the players take the right position, in your opinion?

“I'm not a player or official, but just a fan of hockey. So it is bad for me that there is no hockey, that it is not broadcast, that the guys do not perform. I hope that they will be able to come to agreement. In the end, of course, they will agree, but it remains to be seen who will benefit from it. You see, everyone has their own truth and I can’t take sides. If I were a player, I would be on the side of the players, if I was an owner of a team, I would be on the other side. I just hope they will resolve the issue soon and start playing.”

Are you following the situation, and will they be able to start the season?

“There is still time to reach an agreement in December.”

There has been a lot of talk that the situation in the NHL will benefit the KHL. Do you agree?

“I think so, yes. Many guys went back to play in the KHL during the lockout. It’s interesting to see them, to watch these games. The best players in the world play in the KHL today.”

Alex Ovechkin and Ilya Kovalchuk said that if the terms of the contracts will be reviewed not in the players’ favor, they may stay in the KHL. To what extent do you think this is real?

“You should ask the guys about it. But Ilya ... said that he needs to see how everything will look. Everyone will have to decide for themselves.”

What’s the situation in the Russian hockey in general and in the KHL in particular? Are we moving forward?

“Of course, five years ago the KHL did not exist. Now we can say that this is the second league in the world, and even the first right now due to the lockout. The league is developing well, new teams are joining it, and hockey is becoming more popular. It’s nice to see it.”

Is Russia still a great hockey country?

“Yes. The main stars are [Evgeni] Malkin, [Alex] Ovechkin, [Ilya] Kovalchuk, and [Nail] Yakupov was the No. 1 draft pick. I believe that we are still a very strong hockey power.”

Speaking of Yakupov. Igor Larionov has recently compared Nail with you. Do you agree with this assessment? Is he really like you in terms of style of play?

“To be honest, I have not seen him play live, but Igor Larionov, one of the most respected people in the world hockey, says it. By the way, Igor was with me during the Hall of Fame selection ceremony, we talked. So if he says so, then it is so. Igor can be trusted, he is a very respected man in hockey.”

Pavel, are you keeping tabs on CSKA Moscow? How is the situation in the team now?

“CSKA is my home club, but to be specific, I am not inside the team. It’s a fact that they are playing better now, and I hope they will continue to do so.”

But CSKA is one of the worst in the league in terms of attendance.

“This is a question for the team, why does it have such attendance. Maybe they are not doing enough for people to start attending their games. I was at CSKA since I was six years old, I grew up there. Actually, my father [swimmer Vladimir Bure] was at CSKA, so I was there since birth! Naturally, I would like to see the team rattle as before, when we were playing there, when the team was the base for the national side and all the best players were there.”

Some say that you could have been working with CSKA now.

“We’ve had negotiations with some very important people, or rather not even negotiations, we were just talking. I have my position regarding what kind of structure it should be, and I suggested it, but everyone has their own vision.”

And in the end there was a difference in opinions?

“It seems so.”

If it’s not a secret, what do you do now and do you have any desire to work in Russia?

“I'm open to suggestions, I'm willing to consider them, but it has to be mutually beneficial. If there are proposals that will interest me and the people who will offer, then I'm open to talking, and we'll see. I can’t tell you anything about it now.”

Earlier in the press you said that there were proposals from Russia.

“I love the rights and obligations. I need to know specifically for what I’m responsible, and to know my powers. If this is all blurry, if it looks like 'go there, do not know where, do this, do not know what,' then it’s not for me. I love the specifics, where the black is and where the white is. I spent many years in the NHL, and I know its structure, one that has been working for over 80 years, and working well. The NHL is the best hockey structure in the world. I know how it should be, but then each takes their own decisions.”

It’s impossible not to ask about coaching. Have you no intention to coach?

“You know, never say never, but coaching does not really attract me, to be honest. Therefore most likely no, at least not yet.”

Are there reasons?

“Very often, if you're a good athlete, then you will not be a good coach, and vice versa, it often happens that an average athlete is a great coach.”

So you do not want to take the risk?

“No. Risk is not quite the right word. To date, I am not tempted to do it. Maybe sometime later I would like it. Maybe I would like to deal with a large team, with the first squad, maybe I would like to deal even with the children. Anything is possible, but now there is simply no such desire.”

A little more than a year remains until the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi. Can you share your expectations of this event?

“I have no doubt that they will be held at the highest level. A few months ago, the Russian president invited us hockey players and veterans to come there, to show the sports facilities. As regards hockey, we will have a very strong team, led by Zinetula Bilyaletdinov, who is a very good coach. The guys are eager to play for their country.”

Is it possible that the need to win at home Olympics will play against Russia? How much pressure the guys will have to deal with?

“It is Bilyaletdinov’s goal, to do everything possible [to liberate the players]. I repeat that I consider him a very good coach, and I think that he will deal with this. Sochi will host a lot of good teams, but I think we'll be the favorites.”

Can a home Games provide a push for the development of hockey in Russia?

“The KHL already gives this push, but the Olympics, of course, will make its contribution. It's nice that sports, and particularly hockey, are developing in our country.”

The KHL has altered the format of the competition this season, citing the interests of the Russian team. Is it, in your view, the right approach? Especially since it is the NHL players who will likely provide the basis for the Russian team in Sochi.

“I think the KHL is acting correctly, doing everything in the interests of the team. We all do one thing, this is the national team. The fact that the KHL has made concessions in order for the guys to prepare better is respectable.”

Regarding the young hockey players, do you have confidence in the future?

“Hockey is developing now. Apart from the KHL there are the Minor Hockey League and even the amateur Night Hockey League. Nail Yakupov became the No. 1 draft pick. Large-scale participation is important, the more people are playing, the most likely someone will emerge. The quantity will transform into quality, and this is completely normal.”

Do you think that young players who receive offers in the NHL first need to gain experience in the KHL, or should they seize the first opportunity to go overseas and try to prove themselves there?

“It's all very individual. If a player is not yet fully grown physically, then it is reasonable to delay the departure, because everyone matures differently. But again, that is a matter of individual choice and I can not decide for everyone.”

Going back to your induction to the Hall of Fame, what advice would you give to our guys who want to repeat your success and enter the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto?

“If they play in the NHL, they have already achieved something big. The main thing is to be themselves and keep the direction that they have chosen.”

In conclusion, who, in your opinion, is the best hockey player in the world - Evgeni Malkin or Sidney Crosby? Wayne Gretzky said that both are very good, but Crosby is the best. Although "The Great One" justified his choice by the fact that Sidney is his compatriot.

“Gretzky himself was the strongest in the world at the time, because he scored two times more than all the others. I played against him, and can say that he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Now there are five or six stars, which are on about the same level. Someone has a better season, someone has a worse season. But it’s difficult to say who the best is.”

http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20121115/177494234.html

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Dartagnan
#32 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:46:49 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian duo wins Paris figure-skating gold

фигурное катание Кавагути-Смирнов  Юко Кавагути и Александр Смирнов

The Russian duo of Yuko Kawaguchi and Alexander Smirnov has come on top at the Paris Grand Prix tournament in figure skating.

They scored 187.99 points.

The silver went to a duo from Canada, and the bronze, to a duo from Italy.

Kawaguchi and Smirnov will compete in the Grand Prix finals to be held in Sochi in early December.

Voice of Russia, TASS

If you don't know them watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xMcCzHGlec 

CROUCHING TIGER
#34 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 12:01:09 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://rt.com/sport/rozo...er-wingsuit-expreme-049/

Click to see the "Russian Baumgartner"...

Dartagnan on 11/29/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#35 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:05:05 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia wins mixed relay at 2012 IBU World Cup

Биатлон Кубок мира Смешанная эстафета Алексей Волков россия Эстерсунд

Alexei Volkov

On Sunday, Russia’s national team won gold in the mixed relay race at the 2012 IBU World Cup’s stage in Ostersund, Sweden.

Biathletes Olga Zaitseva, Olga Vilukhina, Alexei Volkov and Yevgeny Ustyugov covered distance in 1 hour, 12 minutes and 41.3 seconds.

Silver and bronze went to Norway and Czech Republic, respectively. 

Voice of Russia, RIA

CROUCHING TIGER
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:34:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.dailymail.co....gal-overtake--video.html

VETTEL got his Worldtitle by CHEATING...ALONSO IS THE REAL CHAMPION; DISGUSTING !!!

Dartagnan on 11/29/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#37 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 10:32:43 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian duo wins gold at Sochi ISU Figure Skating Grand Prix

Гран-при, фигурное катание, Татьяна Волосожар, Максим Траньков

Russian skaters have won the gold and the silver medals at the ISU Figure Skating Grand Prix finals in Sochi. The winners are Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov. Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov were ranked second.

The duo of Volosozhar and Trankov were considered the favorites even before the tournament started. They had won two qualifiers, and after the German couple of Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy had withdrawn from the competitions it became clear that the Russian duo would have to surpass only themselves. Although they were the strongest, they, however, failed to perform at their best: Trankov fell while making a triple jump in the freestyle program; another fall nearly resulted in a serious injury. Commenting on the performance, the duo`s coach Nina Mozer said that the pre-Olympic programs are very challenging and make the skaters really nervous. 

The second Russian couple of Bazarov and Larionov were really lucky with winning the silver. They received high scores for their performance to the music from Khachaturian`s Spartacus.The legendary Bolshoi ballerina Ludmila Vlasova helped the duo to stage their program. 

Another Russian couple, Yekaterina Bobrova and Dmitry Solovyov, could have become bronze winners of the tournament if not for Dmitry`s fall. As a result, they were ranked fifth. 

The only Russian entry in women’s single event, the 16-year old Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva, was also ranked fifth which is still a very good result for her due to her recent knee injury. After the International Skating Union had ruled to hold adult and junior Grand Prix competitions simultaneously, young skaters have had an excellent opportunity to watch their more experienced colleagues. By the way, the junior team won 4 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze medals.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...gure-Skating-Grand-Prix/

Dartagnan
#38 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:53:56 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian girls win European curling championship

The Russian female curling team has won its third victory at the European championship in Swedish Karlstad.

The Russian team defeated the Danish team with a score of 8:2. Earlier the Russians took the upper hand over their rivals from Germany and Switzerland with convincing scores of 7:3 and 9:3 respectively.

The Russian team was a European champion in 2006 as well.

Voice of Russia, Vesti

Екатерина Галкина чемпионат Европы по керлингу керлинг

CROUCHING TIGER
#51 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:51:07 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

...and Lenochka still ice-hockey:):D

CROUCHING TIGER
#52 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:52:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

(thx to Maka:)

Dartagnan on 12/12/2012(UTC)