logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Kremlin Cup
paul_pipkin
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:53:52 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Monday, October 15, 2012

Centre Court (from 11.00hrs) (07:00 GMT) EUROSPORT
1. ATP: Korolev vs. Muzaev

2. Bojana Jovanovski vs. Sofia Arvidsson (NB 13.00hrs)
3. Margarita Gasparyan vs. Lucie Safarova
4. ATP: Istomin vs. Phau
5. Francesca Schiavone vs. Urszula Radwanska (NB 18.30hrs)
6. ATP: Ram vs. Jaziri 

Rita Gasparyan

Court 1 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Valeria Solovieva vs. Kristyna Pliskova (Singles Q Final)

2. ATP: Sela vs. Kravchuk
3. Olga Puchkova vs. Anastasia Rodionova (Singles Q Final)
4. Pliskova/Pliskova vs. Kirilenko/Petrova
5. ATP: Dlouhy/Dolgopolov vs. Berlocq/Bogomolov Jr. (NB 17.00hrs)

Court 2 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Berrer vs. Golubev

2. Elina Svitolina vs. Maria Elena Camerin (Singles Q Final)
3. ATP: Gimeno-Traver vs. Rosol
4. Klara Zakopalova vs. Alexandra Cadantu
5. ATP: Ito vs. Bautista-Agut

Court 3 (from 12.00hrs)
1. ATP: Roger-Vasselin vs. Przysiezny

2. Vesna Dolonc vs. María-Teresa Torró-Flor (Singles Q Final)
3. Lee-Waters/Moulton-Levy vs. Cornet/Rosolska

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Dartagnan
#24 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 5:06:43 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Wozniacki Gets Golf Tips from Kafelnikov

Caroline Wozniacki

Caroline Wozniacki has been receiving some tips on how to play golf, but not from her boyfriend, world No. 1 golfer Rory McIlroy, the tennis star said Monday.

Instead, Wozniacki has received advice from former tennis No. 1 Yevgeny Kafelnikov, now the Russian national golf champion.

"I actually really enjoy golf. I think it's a fun sport to play and I think I've got hooked on it a little bit but not as much as much as Yevgeny," she said.

"He actually gave me a few hints on the tennis court how to play golf when we were in Australia this year."

Despite Kafelnikov's input, the Dane will remain strictly a recreational golfer, as well as supporting McIlroy at tournaments, she said.

"I think I'll stay playing occasionally and going out to watch."

Wozniacki, ranked world No. 11 after an underwhelming year, is to face either former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone or Poland's Urszula Radwanska in the second round of the Kremlin Cup in Moscow this week after getting a bye in the first round.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121015/176645198.html

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:32:35 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

MOSCOW Moscow, Russia October 15 - 21, 2012 EUROSPORT & NTV+

Thursday, October 18, 2012 http://lsh.lshunter.tv/s...5381839306900.html 

Centre Court (from 13.00hrs Moscow) 11:00 CEST (05:00am EDT-US)
1. Ana Ivanovic vs. Valeria Solovieva  new Russian hottie to watch

2. Maria Kirilenko vs. Yaroslava Shvedova 

Valeria DOB: November 3, 1992

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/18/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:08:16 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

MOSCOW Moscow, Russia October 15 - 21, 2012 EUROSPORT & NTV+

Thursday, October 18, 2012 http://lsh.lshunter.tv/s...5381839306900.html 

Centre Court (from 13.00hrs Moscow) 11:00 CEST QUARTERFINALS
1. Dominika Cibulkova vs. Caroline Wozniacki EUROSPORT
2. Maria Kirilenko  vs. Sofia Arvidsson EUROSPORT ДАВАЙ!!! 

EUROSPORT want to avoid Stosur v Zakopalova in case Sam plays no better than today & Klara takes her out. AlsoIvanovic v Dolonc because they don't have their trash-talk figured out. Vesna Dolonc, formerly rendered "Dolonts" (nee Manasieva) lives in Moscow, but Serbian husband & plays for Serbia, so the Russians aren't totally thrilled either. We're supposed to regard her as "not a Russian" or Ana-"good Serb" vs Vesna-"bad Russian-Serbian"? The network don't have their memo from Whitehall yet. lol

4. Samantha Stosur vs. Klara Zakopalova (NB 18.30hrs) (16:30 CEST)

If needed, try to pull in NTV+ http://freestreamtv.ucoz...dex/ntv_plus_tennis/0-48

Court 1 (from 13.00hrs Moscow) 11:00 CEST
1. ATP: Rosol vs. Jaziri
2. ATP: Roger-Vasselin vs. Karlovic (NB 15.00hrs)
3. Makarova/Vesnina vs. Shvedova/Srebotnik
4. Ana Ivanovic vs. Vesna Dolonc (NB 18.30hrs) ДАВАЙ!!!

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 10/18/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:20:26 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Kirilenko, Petrova Reach Moscow Final, Make Tour Finals

Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova took the last doubles place at next week's WTA Championships after reaching the final of the Kremlin Cup on Saturday.

The Russian pair completed a 7-5, 6-4 victory over Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears of the United States in a rollercoaster semifinal.

“It was a very important win, the match was very difficult. Everything was being decided here.” Petrova said after the match.

“Now we shall have a friendly dinner as we need to relax a little, to get rid of excessive emotions and to come cool-headed to the next game.”

The win sends them to Istanbul for the season-ending event as the last of the four top-ranked pairs, where they will compete with Italians Roberta Vinci and Sara Errani, Czech pair Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka and the U.S. duo of Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond.

“Thank God the Williams sisters won’t be there.” Kirilenko said, referring to the pair who beat her and Petrova in the Olympic semifinal in August in straight sets on their way to gold, with the Russians taking bronze.

“All the opponents are worthy. All are experienced, world top-ranked players, Grand Slam winners, so it will be difficult,” Petrova said of the other three pairs in Istanbul.

Petrova won the tour finals doubles event with Meghan Shaughnessy of the United States in 2004.

The opponents traded breaks in the first set before Kirilenko and Petrova broke the Americans’ serve to take it 7-5.

In the second set, the U.S. duo went 3-1 up before the Russians stormed back to finish off their opponents.

In the final, Kirilenko and Petrova, who won the Kremlin Cup title in 2009, will face their top-seeded compatriots Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina.

Both Kirilenko and Petrova earlier crashed out of the singles event, with Kirilenko losing her quarterfinal clash against Sofia Arvidsson of Sweden and Petrova eliminated by Romania’s Simona Halep in the first round.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121020/176783154.html

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:40:14 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Makarova, Vesnina Win Moscow Doubles

Elena Vesnina and Ekaterina Makarova

Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina were victorious in an all-Russian final to win the Kremlin Cup women's doubles event Sunday.

On Moscow's slow hard court, Makarova and Vesnina overcame a thrashing in the second set to defeat Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova, the Olympic bronze medalists, in a super tiebreak and take the match 6-3, 1-6, 10-8.

The top seeded pair of Makarova and Vesnina broke their second-seeded opponents at 4-3 in the first set, but were swept off the court in the second by Kirilenko and Petrova's strong returning.

Playing in front of their home crowd was a daunting experience, Makarova said.

"In Russia against our girls, it's always very hard to play. Especially the final in Moscow," she said.

Vesnina said that the pair was now more confident in finals since winning in Beijing last month.

"As a result, there was more confidence for this match with, you could say, a victory in reserve," Vesnina said.

Earlier in the tournament, Kirilenko and Petrova secured their place as the fourth and final qualifiers for the doubles event at the WTA tour championships next week by defeating Abigail Spears and Raquel Kops-Jones of the United States in the semifinal.

Both Makarova and Vesnina said they wished their defeated opponents luck at the season-ending event in Istanbul.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/22/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:54:11 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Polyglot Wonziacki Explains Language Gift

Caroline Wozniacki

Caroline Wozniacki counts herself lucky that she can absorb foreign languages so easily, after dazzling the Moscow media with her confident grasp of Russian.

The 22-year-old won the Kremlin Cup final against Sam Stosur on Sunday, and after answering questions in Russian said that she had never spent any time studying the language.

"I've never been learning Russian. It's just come from listening to some phone calls and spending some time with my Russian friends when I was younger, so I never learned it, just picked it up," said Wozniacki.

During her week in Moscow, the Dane has often thanked her fans with several sentences of well-accented Russian, answered dozens of Russian-language questions in English without waiting for translation and even corrected an interpreter just minutes after winning the final.

The daughter of Polish immigrants in Denmark, Wozniacki had those two languages as twin mother tongues from the outset.

She can pass for a native-English speaker too, and while her Russian, a language in the same Slavic group as Polish, might not quite reach those lofty heights, it demonstrates her gift nicely.

"I think I'm lucky that I can pick up some languages," she said.

Polyglots on the globalized tennis tour are nothing new, with Swiss star Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, to name but two, boasting at least six languages between them.

Dartagnan
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:48:54 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Djokovic, Nadal Sought for Kremlin Cup 2013

Shamil Tarpishchev

Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal could headline next year's Kremlin Cup in Moscow, the Russian Tennis Federation president told R-Sport Thursday.

Former world No. 1 Yevgeny Kafelnikov, who is close to the Kremlin Cup organizers, said Wednesday that the two had been offered seven-figure sums to play the 2013 competition.

This year's edition of the ATP 250 tournament ended Sunday and featured a weak men's field headed by world No. 21 Alexander Dolgopolov.

"We're interested in Djokovic and Nadal coming, that possibility could happen, in principle," Tarpishchev said, adding that it could be confirmed as early as mid-January.

Budget constraints limit organizers' ambition, Tarpishchev said.

“Will it be possible to invite not only Nadal and Djokovic, but also Roger Federer and Andy Murray?” he said.

“This is big money, we can’t afford it.”

In May, Tarpishchev said that Federer, Nadal and Russian women's No. 1 Maria Sharapova were all in talks to play the 2012 tournament, but none played.

The Kremlin Cup started as a men’s event in 1990, and absorbed the former Moscow Ladies' Open in 1996.

This year’s tournament was held on hard courts at Moscow’s Olimpiisky arena, with the men’s event won by Italy’s Andreas Seppi and the women’s by Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark.

Dartagnan
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:46:34 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

весна макарова