logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
SPORT NEWS
Dartagnan
#1 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 10:23:41 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Irina Sinitsyna

Best Russian Skydiver in Coma Being Flown Home from U.S.

Beautifull, talented, world& European champion in Skydive, Irina Sisitsyna had a tragic accident this month in her favorite sport. 

A Russian Emergencies Ministry aircraft carrying a Russian skydiver, who is in a coma after colliding with another jumper on Sunday in California, has left Los Angeles for Moscow, the ministry reported on Friday.

Irina Sinitsyna, a World and European Record-holding free-faller, has been unconscious since an attempt on a hundred-person formation world-record jump at Perris Valley airfield, involving skydivers from many nations. The incident occurred when the formation group split up and the jumpers began to open their canopies. Sinitsyna "collided with another parachutist, became tangled in her suspension lines and was unable to fully open her reserve by the time she hit the ground," her friend Tatyana Zharova said. She fell unconscious on impact and broke several vertebrae in her neck. No one else was hurt in the accident.

Doctors say she remains in a critical condition.

I have found the video of the accident, if you watch this video carefully, you can see on the video that one parachutist succeded to open her parachute: at this moment people started shouting but the other not. You can see Irina Sistsyna falling on the ground without a parachute: at this moment a man started running in her direction. 

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVF1IvKqLc 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 9/30/2012(UTC)
alexandreka
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:00:40 AM(UTC)
alexandreka

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)
This is horrible !!! I wish Irina could get better :'(
2 users thanked alexandreka for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 9/29/2012(UTC), oshida on 2/14/2014(UTC)
Dartagnan
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:00:03 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: alexandreka Go to Quoted Post
This is horrible !!! I wish Irina could get better :'(

Of course we hope that she will be better but there are few chances. I think Russia is losing her best skydiving woman. 

Irina Sinistsyna who was a professional&excellent skydiver, had a skydiving accident during this event: 

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WkU9OBo5kQ 

Skydivers from 21 countries flew a massive 100-person wingsuit diamond formation, near Perris, Calif., Monday, that will be submitted to Guinness as a world record, but not all participants escaped the effort without injury. The skydivers used five different aircraft, jumping from an altitude of 13,000 feet over Perris Valley. Successive attempts were observed by three judges who represented the U.S. Parachute Association and the Federation Aeronautique Internationale. During one attempt involving 98 skydivers, Sunday, two of the participants collided after opening their chutes. Though both landed under reserve canopies, one was reportedly hospitalized and unconscious but one was unable to fully open her reserve canopies by the time she hit the ground. That was Irina. 

She arrived by plane in Russia, now she is in Moscow in a special hospital, they are going to help her to survive but her situation is critical. This accident is going to kill her family. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 6:29:30 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

News

Alexander Povetkin lands a punch on Hasim Rahman during their WBA heavyweight title bout in Hamburg, Germany on September 29, 2012

Russia’s Povetkin Retains WBA Title With Knockout

02:43   30/09/2012   HAMBURG, September 30 (RIA Novosti)

WBA heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin has defended his title in a bout against former WBC, IBO and IBF champion Hasim Rahman by stopping his U.S. challenger with TKO in the second round.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoEwNYoHTX8 

Dartagnan
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:39:41 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

FIFA names 2018 WC host cities

FIFA names 2018 WC host cities

Russia has announced the 11 cities to host the 2018 World Football Cup, with Moscow and St. Petersburg joined by Yekaterinburg, Sochi, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara, Rostov-on-Don, Kaliningrad, Volgograd and Saransk.

Taking part in Saturday’s announcement ceremony in Moscow were FIFA President and Secretary General Joseph Blatter and Jerome Valcke, and Russia’s Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko.

Russia won its first ever right to host football’s premier event in December 2010.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...mes-2018-WC-host-cities/

CROUCHING TIGER
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:05:28 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
All the best for Irina. Thx for this, DART, i didn't know her until now.

Great to see RUSSIA is ready for 2018...DAVAI:)...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 10/1/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#7 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 9:51:42 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
All the best for Irina. Thx for this, DART, i didn't know her until now.

Great to see RUSSIA is ready for 2018...DAVAI:)...

11 Russian cities to host the 2018 football championship

футбол 2018 города объявление мутко блаттер

The International Federation of Football Associations, or FIFA for short, has determined what Russian cities will host the world football championship of 2018. FIFA chose 11 cities, corresponding with the number of players in a football team – Moscow, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Kazan, Ekaterinburg, Nizhniy Novgorod, Samara, Rostov-on-Don, Kaliningrad, Volgograd and Saransk.

It was in December 2010 that Russia received the right to host the 2018 football championship, leaving behind the UK and the joint requests from Spain and Portugal and from the Netherlands and Belgium.

32 national teams will take part in the championship. Russia, as the championship’s host, will have the right to take part in the championship in any case.

read more: http://english.ruvr.ru/2...8-football-championship/

CROUCHING TIGER
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 5:59:17 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Russian skydiver dies after accident in US: Voice of Russiaenglish.ruvr.ru/...R.I.P.

Dartagnan on 10/2/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:39:06 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian skydiver dies after accident in US: Voice of Russiaenglish.ruvr.ru/...R.I.P.

It is her last movie about her records in her "dangerous sport" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xDNdi0c6kw

Yes it was a fatal jump for Irina. Her collition with another parachutist happened in an high altitude (see video), so she fell on the ground from a very high altitude, nobody could have saved her. This sport is a dangerous sport, collitions in the sky between parachutists often happen and cause their death. This time there were hundred parachutists in the sky.  

With the strong injury that Irina received on her head after her fall, it was impossible to save her. 

It is a sad news, this accident is going to kill her parents. 

It is the end of one of the best Skydiver in the world. 

It is a very sad news because Irina is a very young person. 

Russian skydiver dies after accident in US

парашютистка Ирина Синицына смерть 2012 октябрь коллаж гр

A Russian parachutist, Irina Sinitsyna, has died after an accident during a jump in the United States.

The parachute champion died in a Burdenko neurological clinic early Tuesday, her brother Boris Sinitsyn told Ria-Novosti news agency.

She will be buried at the Vostryakov cemetery in Moscow.

A world and European skydiving champion, Sinitsyna broke several vertebrae as she attempted to set a new world record in a group jump in the south of California on September 23rd .

A collision with other participants in the jump prevented Sinitsyna from opening the reserve parachute in good time and she crashed into the ground.

RIA

ZULUIII
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:10:56 AM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Irina Sinitsyna

Best Russian Skydiver in Coma Being Flown Home from U.S.

Beautifull, talented, world& European champion in Skydive, Irina Sisitsyna had a tragic accident this month in her favorite sport. 

A Russian Emergencies Ministry aircraft carrying a Russian skydiver, who is in a coma after colliding with another jumper on Sunday in California, has left Los Angeles for Moscow, the ministry reported on Friday.

Irina Sinitsyna, a World and European Record-holding free-faller, has been unconscious since an attempt on a hundred-person formation world-record jump at Perris Valley airfield, involving skydivers from many nations. The incident occurred when the formation group split up and the jumpers began to open their canopies. Sinitsyna "collided with another parachutist, became tangled in her suspension lines and was unable to fully open her reserve by the time she hit the ground," her friend Tatyana Zharova said. She fell unconscious on impact and broke several vertebrae in her neck. No one else was hurt in the accident.

Doctors say she remains in a critical condition.

I have found the video of the accident, if you watch this video carefully, you can see on the video that one parachutist succeded to open her parachute: at this moment people started shouting but the other not. You can see Irina Sistsyna falling on the ground without a parachute: at this moment a man started running in her direction. 

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVF1IvKqLc 

At least she didnt burn to death... that would suck. really suck.

Dartagnan
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 2:37:36 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Olympic Class: from London to Sochi

олимпийский флаг олимпиада

Russia will have to win 15 gold medals to secure its successful performance at the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi.

A statement to this effect was made by President of the Russian Olympic Committee Alexander Zhukov as he addressed students during the Olympic Class at one of Moscow schools. While summing up the results of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Zhukov said that Russia would bid for hosting summer Olympic games after 2020. The Voice of Russia’s Svetlana Kalmykova reports.

Alexander Zhukov attended the Olympic Class together with Secretary-General of the Russian Paralympic Committee Mikhail Terentiev and London Olympics silver winning judoka Alexander Mikhailin, who conducted a physical drill with the students. The head of the Russian Olympic Committee told young listeners about the history of the Olympic movement, Olympic values, the Olympic motto and emblem. As for Russia’s performance at the 2012 Olympics in London, Zhukov said that Russians won a total of 82 medals – 24 gold, 26 silver, and 32 bronze.

Children have been demonstrating greater interest in sports since Russia won the right to host Olympic games, Alexander Zhukov said.

"The 2012 Summer Olympics in London have sparked a lot of public interest, and children are no exception. All students we talked to watched the Olympics and Paralympics. Once they learn more about Olympic games, children become more motivated to take up sports. When your country hosts an Olympic event, kids’ interest in sports soars. I was quite young when Moscow hosted the Olympic Games in 1980 and I remember how enthusiastic all young people felt about them. Similarly, the forthcoming Sochi Olympics is attracting more and more young people. We need 25,000 volunteers for the Olympics. But so many young people have applied that competition is tough – more than 30 people per a place. Requests are coming from various corners of Russia. The influx of children who want to attend Youth Olympic Reserve Schools is great beyond description. Everybody is eager to join the Olympic movement."

Silver medalist Alexander Mikhailin demonstrated his Olympic medal in class and allowed anyone willing to hold it. Tenth grader Yelizaveta Kozlova recalls that the medal was heavy but so beautiful.

"You can make a wish holding it because the medal is the result of the person’s years-long striving for success. From a very young age, this person spared no efforts to achieve an excellent result, and here it is. It’s so rewarding."

Students asked Alexander Zhukov how many medals Russian sportsmen would win at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi and when Russia would host summer Olympics.

As for the number of medals, the head of the Russian Olympic Committee believes that 15 gold medals will be enough to secure a successful performance at the home games. Sportsmen will vie for a total of 98 medals in Sochi. As for summer Olympic games, Russia will make a bid to host them in the next decade.

"Besides the Sochi Olympics in 2014, Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup. World Cups are ranked second in importance. That’s why we’ll bid for hosting summer Olympic games in the next decade."

The Olympic Class in Moscow was part of the nationwide Olympic Knowledge Marathon, which started on September 1st . More than 100,000 Olympic Classes for more than 4 million students have been given at schools throughout the country since the start of the action. According to Russian Olympic Committee President Alexander Zhukov, these kinds of classes will become regular.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...ss-from-London-to-Sochi/

Dartagnan
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 7:52:05 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Российская парашютистка Ирина Синицына. Архив

Look to the skies

by Natalia Antonova at 04/10/2012 18:39

The death of 35 years old famed Russian skydiver Irina Sinitsyna has left the Russian skydiving community devastated – but it has also brought it together. And while such tragedies as the one that befell Sinitsyna inevitably raise questions about skydiving both as a sport and as a lifestyle, deaths do not deter those who have already fallen in love with the skies. 

Extreme sports fans in Russia are usually viewed as irresponsible daredevils by the more conservative older generation. And in a country where regular transport can statistically present a genuine danger, jumping out of an airplane with a parachute may seem particularly strange. When one considers, for example, the dismal reputation of many regional air carriers, a natural question arises: why take risks for the sake of it?

“Because it sets you free,” said Alyona, a Muscovite in her 20s who asked that her last name not be used. A young skydiver with an impressive record – she says she has made more than 100 jumps – she hides her favorite activity from her loved ones on account of her mother’s heart condition. 

“My mother was diagnosed right around the time that I developed a major interest in skydiving,” Alyona said. “My husband and I have had to keep that part of my life hidden from my relatives.”

Asked whether she saw any contradiction between the freedom she says she experiences while up in the air and the fact that her lifestyle must be hidden from some of the people who are closest to her, she said, “No – because I understand that skydiving is not for everyone. Not everyone understands why we do it and what we gain from it, so in that sense, I am just letting it be part of my life that isn’t accessible to everyone.”

“Of course, when a skydiver is killed in an accident, there has to be a time of reflection,” she added, referring to the death of Sinitsyna. “But you are still much more likely to be killed in your car on the drive to the airfield – and honestly, death happens to all of us, in the end. At the very least, [Sinitsyna] died doing what she loved.”

Sinitsyna mourned

Sinitsyna, a skydiving world champion, died after breaking several vertebrae while attempting a world-record jump at the Perris Valley airfield in California. She was survived by her 13-year-old son.

Sinitsyna collided with a fellow skydiver and became entangled in her parachute’s lines, preventing her from opening her back-up parachute on time. Though the back-up parachute eventually did open, as per a YouTube video which captured Sinitsyna’s fall, precious time had been lost, and Sinitsyna hit the ground hard. Unconscious, she was flown to Moscow several days later. She died in intensive care on October 2, without regaining consciousness. 

Journalist Vladimir Polupanov warmly eulogized Sinitsyna in the Argumenty i Fakty newspaper last week, speaking of her courage and competitive spirit. “You know, my life is just not extreme enough,” he quoted her as saying to him last year. 

“She spoke as if she didn’t have world records and over 2,000 jumps to her name,” Polupanov wrote. 

Sinitsyna was one of the organizers of the record-breaking jump that the “Pearls of Russia” women’s skydiving team performed this year – a jump featuring 88 female skydivers. Today, she is often referred to as “The Pearl” of Russia’s entire skydiving world. 

Sadness and hope

Yegor Ivanov, a Russian skydiving enthusiast who is currently living in the United States, told The Moscow News in an e-mailed comment that Russian skydiving still has a “bright future.”

“These are some of the most dedicated people in the world,” he wrote. 

Before Sinitsyna’s accident, Moscow’s skydiving community was already mourning Sergei Yegorov, an experienced skydiver who had a fatal accident in an airfield near the village of Volosovo. 

According to Moskovsky Komsomolets, witnesses reported that Yegorov, for an unexplained reason, cut away from his main parachute even though it had opened. Yegorov then deployed his reserve parachute, but its lines may have become twisted, which prevented him from landing safely. 

“I read about what happened, and it’s tragic,” Ivanov wrote. “But look at what his fellow skydivers did – they did a jump in his memory. Because they remain dedicated to the sport.”

“You will now always be above us,” fellow skydiver Oleg Averyanov wrote of Yegorov on a local skydiver forum. 

Waiting for good weather

Due to weather conditions in the European part of Russia, local skydivers enter a kind of “in-between” season in the autumn, when many jumps are canceled. This is also often the time when newbies begin training in the sport, since a lot of the practical preparation for jumps happens on the ground. 

A dry autumn, however, means that more jumps tend to be performed. “If the ground is too wet and soft – it’s dangerous to jump,” representatives of the St. Petersburg-based Valkyrie skydiving club wrote on their official site. “If the ground has dried up (or frozen over, with a layer of soft snow) – then we go back to doing jumps.”

For her part, Alyona is now waiting for the winter skydiving season, which she says is her favorite time to make jumps. “It’s the most beautiful season,” she said. “And when you see the earth from that perspective, it’s like you fall in love with the world all over again.”

http://themoscownews.com.../20121004/190316079.html

Dartagnan
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 6:00:00 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Presentation of 2014 Olympic Games and 2018 FIFA World Cup

It will be an occasion to eat a lot of SUGARPOVA in Russia 2014&2018!!!!!!

This week saw a presentation of 2014 Olympic Games and 2018 FIFA World Cup at the Russian State Duma in Moscow, an event that was held within the framework of the 2012 International Parliamentary Games.

Speaking at the presentation, Dmitry Chernyshenko, head of the Sochi-2014 Organizing Committee, said that 98 sets of medals would be played during the Sochi Games. The program will for the first time feature competitions in slopestyle and women’s sky jumping. The 18-day Games are expected to be attended by at least 600,000 people, Chernyshenko said, touting what he described as moderately priced hotels in Sochi.

"In an interview with the Voice of Russia broadcast on Sunday," Chernichenko said, "in particular, that a suite in a three-star hotel in Sochi will cost just 133 dollars per day."

A host of Olympic facilities have already been unveiled in Sochi in the past, including an ice hockey arena, a speed skating rink and the world’s safest bobsleigh track.

The opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics will take place at the Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi on February 7. The construction of the state-of-the-art stadium is coming to a close, organizers said, adding that the unique facility can be easily transformed into a theater venue. In 2018, the stadium will host several semifinals of the 2018 World Soccer Championship. The rest will be held at stadiums in St.Petersburg.

Alexander Dzhordzhadze, head of the FIFA World Cup-2018 Organizing Committee, singles out plans to scrap visa regime for football fans from abroad pending the championship.

"We offered the government a project on the visa-free regime for all those possessing tickets," Dzhordzhadze says, referring to the 2018 World Cup. "During the event, fans will be allowed to use their tickets as permits to visit the championship’s host cities and those in the European part of Russia, including Kaliningrad and Yekaterinburg, on a free-of-charge basis" he adds.

Don't forget to eat Sugarpova at these events !!!! 

The tournament’s final will be held at the legendary Luzhniki arena in Moscow, a facility that was built ahead of the 1980 Moscow Summer Olympic Games. Thanks to the reconstruction due to begin next year, the Luzhniki complex will be capable of accommodating 90,000 spectators.

Dartagnan
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:34:21 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

I have the feeling that Lance Armstrong hasn't paid enough money to "someone" to hide his doping secret.  May be he is miserly. 

US Doping Agency: Proof Lance Armstrong Used Drugs

Lance Armstrong

CROUCHING TIGER
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:28:02 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Fantastic news; he's done and his "bunch" with him. Always knew he was "cheating" but no one

had proof...now they have:)))...

http://www.telegraph.co..../cycling/lancearmstrong/

Dartagnan on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:45:50 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Fantastic news; he's done and his "bunch" with him. Always knew he was "cheating" but no one

had proof...now they have:)))...

http://www.telegraph.co..../cycling/lancearmstrong/

Cycling Giant Armstrong, a Slow-Motion Fall Like No Other

Lance Armstrong

Now Armstrong, 41, the comeback kid who against daunting odds beat cancer and crossed the finish line first an unprecedented seven times in the grueling Tour de France cycling race, is seen by former admirers as just another cheat whose alleged mendacity is unspooling in one of the most spectacular, slow-motion falls from grace the sports world has seen in recent memory.

“It’s just devastating,” James Startt, European correspondent for Bicycling Magazine who has followed Armstrong’s career for more than a decade, said of the most recent doping accusations against Armstrong and the decisions by corporate sponsors to abandon their deals with the cyclist.

“I don’t think there is anywhere else he can go from here,” Startt said in a phone interview from Paris.

The wheels on the legendary cyclist’s empire, weakened by years of allegations of doping, have all but come flying off just one week after the US Anti-Doping Agency released more than 1,000 pages of evidence – including dozens of sworn statements from witnesses, 11 of whom were teammates – the agency claims prove Armstrong used banned substances in his sport.

Already stripped of his titles and banned from the sport that he recently dominated, Wednesday dealt more blows to the Armstrong legacy. 

Sports footwear and apparel giant Nike announced it will end its sponsorship contract with the disgraced cyclist due to what the company termed the “insurmountable evidence” that Armstrong “misled Nike for more than a decade.”

According to reports, US consumer electronics retailer RadioShack also acknowledged on Wednesday it had ended a sponsorship deal it signed with Armstrong in July 2009.

Additionally, brewer Anheuser-Busch said it will not renew its contract with Armstrong when the current agreement is up at the end of 2012, Reuters news agency reported.

“He may bounce back in the private sector,” said Startt. “But as far as his public image, it’s over.”

Armstrong himself said recently he would no longer fight the accusations against him, but has otherwise kept a low profile since the USADA report was published.

But as if in acknowledgment that his once high-wattage star power was fading fast, Armstrong moved Wednesday to distance himself from what has arguably been his biggest achievement outside of his sports career: his nonprofit, cancer-fighting foundation Livestrong.

In a statement posted on the Livestrong website, Armstrong announced he was stepping down from his position as chairman to “spare the foundation any negative effects as a result of controversy surrounding my cycling career."

CROUCHING TIGER on 10/18/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:29:05 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.topix.com/cycling/lance-armstrong

Always updated...

Dartagnan
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:49:28 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Why Ex-Athletes Are More Successful

In a new study at Washington University in St. Louis, researchers found that playing team sports was a greater predictor of success in a residency program for doctors-in-training than test scores or a good interview.

"Not all of the outstanding students end up being the best doctors," says lead author Richard Chole, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the American Board of Otolaryngology. When researchers noticed that a lot of the doctors-in-training were former athletes, they sent questionnaires to successful residents and indeed found that many good docs shared varsity letters in common.

Dr. Chole says the leadership lessons and social skills you learn from playing team sports can help you become a better worker. "Very good students are usually in the library studying madly to get wonderful scores on tests, but social interaction and maturity are lost on that sometimes," he says. Sure, your ability to throw a deep spiral or seal a last-minute layup matters little when it comes to prepping sales reports--but that doesn't mean your time on the field won't come in handy at your 9-to-5. Here are three ways your sports experience can help you in the workplace. (Want more clutch career tips in your feed? Follow Men's Health on Twitter!)

When You're Forced to Work in a Group
Different people with different roles must work together in order for an office--no matter the size--to succeed, says Steve Edwards, Ph.D., a sports psychologist at Oklahoma State University. It's the same lesson you learned in your high school huddle: Make the right passes for the point. Or, even more broadly, you can't score unless someone passes to you, Edwards adds.

When You Need to Form a Team for a Project
Individual sports require a certain self-examination that can be difficult, says Edwards. (Think: beating yourself up for every last mistake.) But in team sports, you learn to assess people's strengths and weaknesses in addition to your own, he says. The same is important in a work scenario. Building the best possible team starts with being able to figure out who's good at what (writing, analyzing, or speaking in public).

When Someone Screws Up, Big Time
"The kind of people who are successful in team sports are generally the people who have great determination, and are able to concentrate and learn from mistakes," Edwards says. Here's the thing: You may not realize it, but a high school playoff run that ended all too fast showed you how to push through the ups and downs of working with others. (Yes, your kicker missed the game-winning field goal, but you've got to move forward). Being able to handle setbacks that are out of your control while completing a tough task is a skill you can hone in your pickup league.

http://living.msn.com/li...etes-are-more-successful

CROUCHING TIGER
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:40:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://edition.cnn.com/2...nce-armstrong/index.html

Lance !!!...

Dartagnan on 10/20/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:13:36 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russian cyclist wins gold in Lithuania

Денис Дмитриев\n

On Saturday, Russia’s Denis Dmitriyev won gold in the individual sprint event at the 2012 European Track Cycling Championship in Lithuania.

Second and third places were held by Germany’s Max Niederlag and Christos Volikakis of Greece, respectively.

RIA

CROUCHING TIGER on 10/27/2012(UTC)