logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
CHINA OPEN 2012 - BEIJING
heavydebts
#102 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 9:24:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

yep Maria needs to find new strategy againts serina and azarenka 

emily_apostol64
#105 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 9:26:35 AM(UTC)
emily_apostol64

Maria played well during the tournament... She was relentless on the face of incredible pressure... She is my No. 1...

Alireza
#103 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 9:47:56 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

heavydebts;319695 wrote:

I don't know what happens to Maria when she plays against Azarenka! Maria can not concentrate and make many mistakes in returning and also serving!

When Maria plays against Azarenka she makes over 6 double faults! As you said guys, Maria should find new strategy against Azarenka!

Anyway, There is one more tournament for WTA 8 top players in Istanbul! Maria should rest enough until October 23!

Go Go Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
Valkyre
#106 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 9:54:17 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Tough match hard loss. Maria does feel vulnerable against particular players. I stand my case that it is more of a mental thing than anything else. I think Thomas and Maria need to work on this it is not that she isnt good enough to win against them it is that she doesnt so much believe it.

Other than that i cannot be sad about maria's overall performance. She is having a tremendous successful year and i still believe her best tennis is ahead of her! If she keeps working like she did this year she is going to be even more impressive.

Davai Masha. With you all the way no matter what!
3 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Alireza on 10/7/2012(UTC), Brebis on 10/7/2012(UTC), liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br on 10/7/2012(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova
#107 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 10:02:42 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Seeing Maria keeps losing set by set, but not able to help her, that is the most terrible moment in my life.
Brebis
#108 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 2:54:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Unfortunately, Serena and Azarenka "own "Maria in there matches. I argree with others that it is a mental issue. On the other hand Serena and Azarenka 'just do it ' ! They can get the best out of them selves when needed. Maria looked really disappointed at the end. Frustrated with her own play. In big matches she is blown away. It looks as if the game is too fast for her. I'll hope Maria is able to break that mental wall down one day. At the moment she is just not good enough . Afraid that Istanbul will bring sad memories.
Aussie4
#110 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 4:58:05 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
It's been a long season, i still stand by my opinion that the clay court season really took it out of her, and she hasn't ever fully recovered

I don't expect her to win the championships, but hopefully she plays some really good tennis (and proves me wrong!)

The off season couldn't come quicker, she needs to have a long break, and then get back into hard work, especially on the serve!
Dartagnan
#104 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 6:30:21 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

heavydebts;319695 wrote:

Could Masha&her coach find the secret strategy to defeat Serena&Azarenka? 

It is the actual question. 

But Masha knows how to defeat Azarenka, she often defeated her in other tournaments. 

I think Masha hasn't played her best tennis today.

Li Na was not an obstacle for Masha. 

Okay let's be happy. Masha will have other opportunities. 

Let's eat SUGARPOVA and kiss Masha. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/7/2012(UTC), Alireza on 10/8/2012(UTC)
Philli Wan
#111 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 2:33:46 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Just looking at the picture that Dartagnan posted, tells me why Maria's Tennis is so inconsistent. The girl is only Half a Tennis player these days.... there's not enough money in it to play full time and it doesn't give her enough time off to do those other things that earn her much much more money than hitting a ball around.
1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 10/8/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#112 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 4:44:32 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
LOL...great capture Philli:)...hope your health is better, luv u XXX

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Valkyre
#113 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 5:53:10 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Ι agree that Maria had a lot of distractions lately. It is not a secret. Her new candy business definetely demanded a lot of time, since she had to promote the thing and had a lot of obligations to attend to.

Add to that her break up with Sasha and whatever role that played in her life and there is no denying it, Maria had a lot of distractions.

Even so though, and while thinking all of this, it becomes even more apparent just how much she has improved.

Why?

Because even with all these distractions she manages to reach finals and have consistently good results in almost every tournament. Yes her game is incosistent and she has won a lot of matches not because she played well but because she fights like nobody else on tour, but perhaps if all these distractions are not there next year (Sasha and the Sugarpova thing is finally going as intended and doesnt need too much time from her) we could see another tremendous and maybe much better year.

1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/8/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#114 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 6:17:18 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I think that "candy business" will go on. This is not an ordinary "business/sponsor"-deal as all

the rest. Almost everything is payed with her OWN MONEY and about half goes to her "children-cause".

Don't call this "distractions"; she has enough ppl to do this jobs so she can keep focused on her

tennis. Seasons like this,mind in a positive way, don't come along every year and 2012 will PEAK

in her career!!! Fatigue after the Olympics crept slowly but SURELYin her game and even witchdoctor

Thomas can't help there. She can and MUST be satisfied with all she achieved in 2012...DAVAI girl!!!

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/8/2012(UTC), Dartagnan on 10/8/2012(UTC)
Philli Wan
#116 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 8:13:32 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

She made an Interesting remark in the last answer to questions of the Interview after the Final. She was saying that Sugapova still hasn't been released in the States yet. Where has it been released? How come she said that they had already sold out of the first batch on her Facebook page a few months ago!! Who is buying it...and where?

She also said she was flying home today for a rest. Right.... Photoshoots and personal appearences, then dash off to Turkey for more personal appearences before the Tournament. And you wonder why she is tired out.
CROUCHING TIGER
#117 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 8:30:24 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.sugarpova.com/

Have one Philli:)

Philli Wan
#118 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 9:12:32 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

OOOOh I see. So at the moment it's only being sold on line. Well at least it gave all those fans, who wouldn't dare go into a high class store to buy anything for fear of being arrested as possible criminals attempting to hold up and rob the place, a chance to buy a little bit of Maria. Count me out, I dont eat candies. I do like Belgium chocolate though.
Valkyre
#115 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 9:38:05 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

CROUCHING TIGER;319721 wrote:
I think that "candy business" will go on. This is not an ordinary "business/sponsor"-deal as all

the rest. Almost everything is payed with her OWN MONEY and about half goes to her "children-cause".

Don't call this "distractions"; she has enough ppl to do this jobs so she can keep focused on her

tennis. Seasons like this,mind in a positive way, don't come along every year and 2012 will PEAK

in her career!!! Fatigue after the Olympics crept slowly but SURELYin her game and even witchdoctor

Thomas can't help there. She can and MUST be satisfied with all she achieved in 2012...DAVAI girl!!!

Ι called them distractions because that is what they are when it comes to her tennis career. The Sasha thing was nothing else than distraction 100%. How much of a distraction nobody knows.

The Sugarpova thing ofcourse it was her decision, but it is the kind of business that demands her personnal time. Maria actively promoted the thing, she couldnt hire people to do this, because the Sugarpova thing is a business she wants to control from top to bottom like she said. So she spent -willingly that is- a lot of time promoting this and oing to factories etc etc. Surely this had an effect on her, it was a distraction from tennis. But now that the business is going and everything is more or less in place, we could see her next year having even more time to tune up her game, rest between tournaments better etc etc

Ofcourse and Maria has to be proud of her improvement this year, she has been trully astonishing. 8 finals in 13 tournaments, a silver medal a Carreer Slam, regaining the top spot on the tour and still going strong. Never said anything else other than if she can achieve all these things while having at the same time a hectic business life and boyfriend issues, imagine what she can do with a little less of these things and more time to rest and tune her tennis game!

I for one am very very excited for 2013 Masha! :D

1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 10/8/2012(UTC)
robb
#109 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 12:28:17 PM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Brebis;319704 wrote:
Unfortunately, Serena and Azarenka "own "Maria in there matches. I argree with others that it is a mental issue. On the other hand Serena and Azarenka 'just do it ' ! They can get the best out of them selves when needed. Maria looked really disappointed at the end. Frustrated with her own play. In big matches she is blown away. It looks as if the game is too fast for her. I'll hope Maria is able to break that mental wall down one day. At the moment she is just not good enough . Afraid that Istanbul will bring sad memories.

Unfortunately I think that both she-man williams and azarenks are superior to maria (at least at the moment). They have more consistency, more power, and more shot selection. MARIA IS ABLE TO KNOCK BACK THE OTHER WOMEN on tour almost at will, and that is a big step forward from 2010, but as I have said before, there will always be someone who will be able to match her on the day nowadays, someone emerging from the pack like kvitova or azarenka, who can trouble her. Unless maria can add to her 'game' I think we will see more losses of this kind. TOO MANY ERRORS, TOO MANY DF'S, and not enough variety in her play. Has she ever hit a drop shot in her career? Or tried a smash? About time she tried something new against the 'elite'.....

1 user thanked robb for this useful post.
Alexandre on 10/9/2012(UTC)
Brebis
#120 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 3:18:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I am about to go to the States and wanted to buy some Sugarpova as souvenier. Reading the above messages it looks like I can't buy anything in store ??? That's a surprise, as I wil be on 5th Avenue on Sunday.
Philli Wan
#121 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 3:27:35 PM(UTC)
Philli Wan

The German Eurosport commentator made an interesting comment after the match.  He said.  'it looked like Maria had no Plan B game to switch to'.  It occured to me as well during the match.  Where was Thomas when she needed him....or isn't on court coaching allowed in mandatory big match finals?  Whatever the case, Maria was totally lost and the frustration showed on her face.  Hate to tell you guys this, but Thomas is the one who is out there winning the matches.  His puppet, just does as she is told without thinking and follows his orders.  Without them...well we saw the results all too clearly.

paul_pipkin
#119 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 10:47:06 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Philli Wan;319725 wrote:
OOOOh I see. So at the moment it's only being sold on line. Well at least it gave all those fans, who wouldn't dare go into a high class store to buy anything for fear of being arrested as possible criminals attempting to hold up and rob the place, a chance to buy a little bit of Maria. Count me out, I dont eat candies. I do like Belgium chocolate though.

I dunno if that's entirely correct.

giane  came up with the addy & phone of a physical retail location for Sugarpova in Texas

* IT'SUGAR, GRAPEVINE MILLS, 3000 GRAPEVINE MILLS PARKWAY, GRAPEVINE, TX 76051

Phn: 972-874-5320

That's in Dallas-Fort Worth, near where they hold that Texas Tennis Open in the summer.

I have not checked it out yet.  

(Love that pic. :D)

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17