logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
CHINA OPEN 2012 - BEIJING
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#64 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 8:13:12 AM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)

The ATP/WTP mobile app has just realeased the tomorrow's match schedule (local time):

National Tennis stadium

Not before 3:00 PM - Maria Sharapova vs. Angelique Kerber

Agnieszka Radwanska vs. Li Na
Lotus Court

12:30 PM - Victoria Azarenka vs. Romina Oprandi

Not before 7:00 PM - Carla S. Navarro vs. Marion Bartoli

2 users thanked liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/4/2012(UTC), Alireza on 10/4/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#65 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:34:11 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

China Open: Sharapova, Youzhny in 1/4

Мария Шарапова

Maria Sharapova of Russia has advanced to the quarter-finals of the China Open by defeating Polona Hercog of Slovenia 6:0, 6:2.

Now Sharapova will face either Angelica Kerber (Germany) or Carolina Wozniacki (Denmark).

In men’s singles, Russia`s Mikhail Youzhny beat Kevin Anderson of South Africa 6:3, 6:3.

Russia’s Maria Kirilenko and Nadezhda Petrova have made it to the pairs quarterfinals of the Beijing tennis tournament by defeating Serbia’s Jelena Jankovic and Germany’s Andrea Petkovic 6-3, 3-6, 10-6.

Germany’s Angelique Kerber made it to the quarterfinals of the China Open tennis tournament in Beijing on Thursday after beating her Danish rival Caroline Wozniacki.

Later this week, Kerber will face Russia’s Maria Sharapova in a match that will be the two’s fourth in 2012. Earlier this year, Sharapova managed to twice get the better of Kerber.

The China Open’ prize money is 4,8 million dollars.

RIA

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br;319605 wrote:

The ATP/WTP mobile app has just realeased the tomorrow's match schedule (local time):

National Tennis stadium

Not before 3:00 PM - Maria Sharapova vs. Angelique Kerber

Agnieszka Radwanska vs. Li Na
Lotus Court

12:30 PM - Victoria Azarenka vs. Romina Oprandi

Not before 7:00 PM - Carla S. Navarro vs. Marion Bartoli

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 10/4/2012(UTC), Alireza on 10/4/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#66 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 2:43:03 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Maria is having an unbelievable performance in the first set against Kerber (no6)... It is perhaps the best set I have seen her play ever in her career... really it was just perfect.

I hope she keeps going that strong but the performance in the first set baggel was unreal. Serve was great, returns were better, defense was awesome, offense was unreal.... I dont even know how many winners she hit...and it is not that Kerber was playing bad... Maria was simply in GOD mode...

Davai Masha!

Valkyre
#67 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 3:08:44 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Maria wins 6-0 , 3-0 as Kerber retires. Not sure why Kerber retired she didnt seem to have any problems with her movement or whatever but she knows better.

What can we say about this match... Paul and I were trying to come up with a match better than what Maria showed tonight ever in her career... in the end we couldnt come up with something.

This match was simply put perfection. Maria was too good even by her own standards. This was something freightening to watch. Yes it was scary how good she was today. I know these types of matches dont come often and I dont expect her to play at such a level consistently because it is simply guys....unreal.

Best match I have ever seen Maria play, and she did it against a top 10 player the no6 in the world.

Amazing stuff, it really cant get any better than that, this set will stay foerver in the books as the best set I witnessed Maria play thus far.

DAVAI MASHA!

2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br on 10/5/2012(UTC), Alexandre on 10/5/2012(UTC)
Aussie4
#68 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 3:15:06 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Valkyre;319630 wrote:

Maria wins 6-0 , 3-0 as Kerber retires. Not sure why Kerber retired she didnt seem to have any problems with her movement or whatever but she knows better.

What can we say about this match... Paul and I were trying to come up with a match better than what Maria showed tonight ever in her career... in the end we couldnt come up with something.

This match was simply put perfection. Maria was too good even by her own standards. This was something freightening to watch. Yes it was scary how good she was today. I know these types of matches dont come often and I dont expect her to play at such a level consistently because it is simply guys....unreal.

Best match I have ever seen Maria play, and she did it against a top 10 player the no6 in the world.

Amazing stuff, it really cant get any better than that, this set will stay foerver in the books as the best set I witnessed Maria play thus far.

DAVAI MASHA!

Her Quarter against Justine at the AO 08 was pretty impressive also. That was when Justine was #1 and one a 30 something match win streak. 

hmmm i don't know, i need to watch it again

1 user thanked Aussie4 for this useful post.
Valkyre on 10/5/2012(UTC)
amidadi
#69 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 3:16:09 AM(UTC)
amidadi

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Congrats, Masha!! Through to semis after whipping retired Kerber 6-0. 3-0!!  Beat Li or Radwanska and on to win the championship!!

tiramiisu
#70 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 3:17:38 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

all I can say is that I am SO GLAD I caught the match (though the stupid stream FAILED on me in the last game they played, and only caught it back right when kerber announced she was retiring from the match.)

Maria played SO WELL. I've been SO PROUD all week! Not that I'm not proud everytime she plays, but she is just getting better and better as she said in her interviews! Really hope she keeps up for the next 2 days and it's all good!! Really great so far, really glad she's getting on top of her game right now! 

ON TO SEMI'S!!! Supporting, as always ♥ 

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#71 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 3:26:51 AM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

It was such an amazing peformance from Maria, she was up 6-0 3-0 when suddenly Angelique Kerber decided to retire without showing any movement problem or any injury. I woudn't say Kerber acted in an unsporting way, because I'm not sure of it, but in fact, this retirement was really surprising. I didn't understand it and either the Eurosport's commentators. But, Maria worked hard for this lead, it wasn't a bad match from Kerber, I mean she tried what she could, Maria just outplayed her with fantastic returns, serves and consistency even when she had to play under Kerber's agression. Maria made me really proud today. Now let's see who she will face tomorrow Li or Radwanska.

Bravo Maria, is all I can say now!

2 users thanked liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br for this useful post.
Valkyre on 10/5/2012(UTC), Alexandre on 10/5/2012(UTC)
saggittarian
#72 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 4:17:25 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Maria was fantastic today. Can't think of a better word to describe her level of play, focus and consistency. If she can keep this up and play even better, she will lift the trophy. Bring on the next opponent!

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#73 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 5:03:13 AM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Li Na won against Radwanska 6-4 6-2 and will face Maria Sharapova tomorrow at 3:00 PM local time.
In the other semi-final Victoria Azarena is still wating for Navarro or Bartoli.

Valkyre
#74 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 8:32:24 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

For all who missed this unbelievable match by maria watch here the entire match minus the first game. Quality is bad but if a better one emerges i will post!

http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded
1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Brebis on 10/6/2012(UTC)
deadchip
#40 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 11:00:32 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)

deadchip;319551 wrote:
More inconsistent play like in Japan from Maria last night, but her serve was much better. The errors though!!! She seems to have something on her mind that is not tennis or she may be mentally fatigued from the long season. I don't expect too much from her in this tournament though I hope I'm wrong.

Looks like she is making eat my words now!!!! Good for you Maria!!! Missed most of the first set, but was still impressed with what I saw. No surprise to me is that Li Na beat Aggie to take her place against Maria tonight. Li and Masha have been having very good matches of late and this will be a beauty too I think. Maria has had a ton of crowd support here so far, but I think that will not be the case in this SF. Maria will have to keep playing like she did yesterday to walk away with the title. Vika has been playing lights too of late, so if Masha wins this thing she will have earned it.

GO MARIA!!!!

Masha is my #1!!
frida
#41 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 12:26:01 PM(UTC)
frida

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)

Congratulations Masha! I hope Maria will beat Li and reach final, Li is a very good player and She'll play in her home.but I believe Maria can. Maria lead series 7-4

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
Alireza on 10/5/2012(UTC)
Alireza
#42 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 12:36:22 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

frida;319643 wrote:

Congratulations Masha! I hope Maria will beat Li and reach final, Li is a very good player and She'll play in her home.but I believe Maria can. Maria lead series 7-4

Yes, It will be really tough match for Maria because She will play at Li Na's home!

Maria should concentrate on her match, just this! She shouldn't pay attention to the people who are at the stadium and supporting Li Na!

Go Go Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
paul_pipkin
#75 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 4:01:42 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

60 30 ret. Angelique quit when she hurt her foot, but there was nothing wrong with her before then.

I'd thought the Career Slam completed at the RG & the Olympic Medal were about it for this year, but we saw Masha move to a whole new level last night.  

I don't expect that to be sustained all the time--not at first, anyway--amd Li Na will be hard to beat in the homeland. But we've seen the future...

I'm getting a little emotional here. I love Masha, who she is & what she's accomplished. But I had not expected or hoped for something new...  

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Dartagnan
#76 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 6:20:20 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

paul_pipkin;319645 wrote:

I don't expect that to be sustained all the time--not at first, anyway--amd Li Na will be hard to beat in the homeland. But we've seen the future...

Yes Masha has improved her level. 

We can say that the one who is going to beat Na Li has a lot of chance to win this tournament. 

I think that Masha's coach knows the secret of Na Li because Masha started defeating Na Li the last months with the help of her new coach. 

Masha&her coach are creating a new tennis level. It is Interesting 

COURAGE MASHA!!!!

Kerber Retires to Hand Sharapova Semi Spot in China

Maria Sharapova

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#77 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 6:37:14 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Makarova/Vesnina advance to Beijing Doubles Final

Australia open теннис Екатерина Макарова

Russia’s Yekaterina Makarova and Yelena Vesnina are through to the Women’s Doubles finals in Beijing having defeated fellow Russians Maria Kirilenko and Nadezhda Petrova.

The Russian duo will now play against the winner of the game between the Slovenian-Chinese duo Katarina Srebotnik and Zheng Jie and the Spanish-Indian pair Nuria Llagostera-Vives and Sania Mirza.

The tournament’s prize fund exceeds $4.8 million.

RIA

irvino
#78 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 10:46:06 PM(UTC)
irvino

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Masha played like a well-oiled machine! Did Kerber "retire" to avoid a double bagel?
Valkyre
#80 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 3:58:01 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

ANOTHER FINAL FOR MARIA SHARAPOVA!!!

She is truly enjoying her BEST season ever!!

DAVAI MASHA!!
<3Maria Sharapova
#81 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 3:59:32 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Maria just merges into the final. Really want to see her playing against Azarenka. Gonna be a good one if that really happens! Anyway, keep on winning, Maria! Yay!