logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

YOUNG RISING FEMALE TALENTS
PodgeMcQ
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:29:49 PM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Well since we already have a Russian Rising Female Talents page we might aswell have a page for rising talents worldwide!! We can keep tabs on players playing in the juniors etc. Since I'm Irish I'll start off with an Irish player 

Amy Bowtell

Amy Bowtell

DOB: September 6, 1993

Amy currently has a WTA ranking of 693 and she plays for the Ireland Fed Cup Team. She has won 2 ITF titles in doubles and has reached one ITF singles final

Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Bowtell 

Fed Cup Profile: http://www.fedcup.com/en....aspx?playerid=100119788

WTA profile: http://www.wtatennis.com...my-bowtell_2257889_16989

ITF profile: http://www.itftennis.com...yer.asp?player=100119788

paul_pipkin
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:59:50 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Excellent idea, Podge. Three cheers for Amy  and thanx for starting this thread. There are numerous interesting young players whose activities will no doubt be posted here--thinking Laura Robson, Caroline Garcia, Ons Jabeur and several young Americans & Canadians I immediately think of. 

There is another group arising more frequently as well. I've chosen to regard Belarusians & Ukrainians along with the kontraktniki as "other Russians" on the Russian New Talents thread and they are just fine there.

But I've found reason to note other "former Soviets" who are not any flavor of Russian. Examples would be the young Kazakh Zarina DiyasUzbek Nigina Abduraimova, Azerbaijan's Kamilla Farhad. 

Also "Young Turks" Cagla Buyukakcay & Pemra Ozgen

Oh yeah, there are plenty to fill this thread. Just wait until the "Mountain Flowers" show up. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#3 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 4:33:56 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)

Bold and quickly "MOUNTAIN FLOWERS" must rise...yes, yes...Welcome them Tiger will do...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
PodgeMcQ
#4 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 6:00:55 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Thanks Paul  

Laura Robson

Most of you would remember Laura when she played against Maria in the second round of Wimbledon 2011. Definitely a star in the making and only 17 YEARS OLD! She is currently ranked 176.

Residence: London, England & Paris, France

DOB: January 21, 1994

Birthplace: Melbourne, Australia

Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

Weight: 148 lbs. (67 kg)

Plays: Left-handed (two-handed backhand)

She debuted on the International Tennis Federation (ITF) junior tour in 2007, and a year later won the Wimbledon Junior Girls' Championship at the age of 14. As a junior, she also twice reached the final of the Australian Open, in 2009 and 2010. She won her first professional tournament in November 2008. 

ITF Profile: http://www.itftennis.com...yer.asp?player=100119096

jsmith
#6 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 6:05:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

British number three, Heather Watson is a rising talent in the game. The nineteen year old broke into the top one hundred in June after qualifying for the Fench Open and reaching the second round. She is currently ranked 103rd in the world. Watson won the US Open Junior title in 2009.

Tennisbrit.co.uk Forums: http://www.tennisbrit.co.uk/tennis_forum/

PodgeMcQ
#7 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 6:25:01 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Originally Posted by: jsmith Go to Quoted Post

British number three, Heather Watson is a rising talent in the game. The nineteen year old broke into the top one hundred in June after qualifying for the Fench Open and reaching the second round. She is currently ranked 103rd in the world. Watson won the US Open Junior title in 2009.

Tennisbrit.co.uk Forums: http://www.tennisbrit.co.uk/tennis_forum/

Thanks jsmith 

Heather Watson

M-Lover
#8 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 6:52:17 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Good thread anyway! If there's nothing to talk about in women tennis, it's worth looking at the rising stars. I see the Celts & Anglo-saxons are coming very strongly to position their babes in competition with the Russians. France is pretty poor in new talents and beauty queens. Besides the17-year-old Spanish-French Caroline Garcia, who is not particularly a cutie, the place is quite empty. Tatiana Golovin won't come back for sure. Alize Cornet is nowhere. I think we should be glad to have a girl like Caroline.

But my fave is still the 21-year-old Dutch girl Arantxa Rus. She has three things I like:

she's hot

she's cute

she's talented

paul_pipkin
#9 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 9:32:11 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

UNIVERSIADE 2011 Aug12-23.2011

Daily review: Top three women's tennis seeds beaten

SHENZHEN, 17 Aug. - A string of third-round upsets on Wednesday has left the women's singles draw wide open at the Universiade Shenzhen 2011 tennis event.

LIU Chang (CHN) eliminated No. 3 seed Nathalie PIQUION (FRA) 6-3 6-2, YOO Mi (KOR) beat No. 2 Marta SIROTKINA (RUS) 6-2 6-1, and Ganna PIVEN (UKR) knocked out No. 1 Sachie ISHIZU (JPN) 6-4 6-3.

"It was a pretty easy match for me," said 19-year-old PIVEN. "I had a thigh injury, but I still won because I played better than her."

PIVEN, the No. 11 seed, has yet to lose a set in Shenzhen. She will meet reigning gold medallist Ksenia LYKINA (RUS) in the quarterfinals.

PIVEN might be in top form, but YOO boasts even better statistics. The 13th-seeded Korean has lost only seven games in six sets this week, beating SIROTKINA in just 67 minutes. 

"I played my best in this match," said YOO, a 25-year-old student at Myongji University. "I trained over three hours a day in Korea in order to do well at this Universiade."

LIU's performance against PIQUION was also impressive. The Chinese possesses a powerful two-handed backhand, which she used to great effect against PIQUION, blasting winners past her from all angles of the court.

"The backhand is my strong point," said 15th-seeded LIU. "I take good control of it, maybe because I have been forceful with both of my hands since childhood."

http://www.sz2011.org/Un...ews/bulletin/27648.shtml 

paul_pipkin
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 1:51:02 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The Junior Girls singles final is set. Caroline Garcia of France vs Grace Min of USA.

Player Photo

United States of America flag   Grace Min

United States of America

Birth Date:
6 May 1994

paul_pipkin
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:32:58 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I didn't know THIS:  

Interview of the day- Aleksandra Krunic

Eighteen-year old  Aleksandra Krunic was born in Russia ,   but now plays for Serbia  is a  Gen Next poster girl .  Having won  the Russian under-12, under-14 and under-16 National Championships titles in past , she was also  a top 10 junior. One of the  most promising Serbians and  a  young WTA prospect is being proclaimed  as a  "player to watch".  

Currently ranked   No. 240 , Krunic made her debut winning the first IT event where she was awarded the wildcard at the age of 15  . On 25 April 2009 Krunić debuted for Serbia Fed Cup team in a doubles match versus Spain. She partnered with Ana Jovanović against Lourdes Domínguez Lino and Nuria Llagostera Vives,  
She made her WTA Tour debut in 2010  at Banka Koper Slovenia Open, playing doubles with World No. 2 Jelena Janković.

Sunder Iyer of the  Tashkent Open 2011 media Team   spoke to the young star after she made it to the final round of the qualifying on her debut at the event.

Excerpts;

Q:   You have graduated from the juniors to the Tour events , your thoughts 
It is a different game altogether, In the Senior level you don’t get presents in matches like I used to get at the junior events, I have to be prepared physically and mentally , as i have to play against older opponents who have been around for quite a long time. There is a lot of difference , the challenge is how does one adapt to the change and how fast

Q: Despite being a junior your WTA Tour ranks are quite impressive…
Honestly, I put in the hard work  , I shifted base from Moscow to Serbia, i also have changed my coach of last 10 years, i have a new coach with who my comfort levels are good now,  I have changed my forehand and lot of things in my game and things are working for me , as my game is being bulit up. I have had good wins in the ITF events and now trying to make it to the WTA events. I’m currently 240 and want to build from here

Q:  Your game is quite different  and has much skills than power ?
I’m not strong enough to play tall and stronger opponents. As a youngster I learnt all the strokes in tennis including drops, slice and touch game , I think all this is helping me to survive against stronger and older players

Q: When girls of your age are having fun at school and college , you are sweating it out day in and day out , what are your feelings
It depends on what fun is all about , I am a person who is not a party animal and sleeps early, I miss memories of school.  One has to choose the future. At 18 I chose Tennis over Education , but I feel  that education is important too and i am taking distance learning courses,  I always feel as tennis  players one never knows the future whether you will continue to play or you might have to quit due to injuries, so for me education is important too. 

Q: You have been playing on the Serbian team with like of Ivanovic , Jankovic and Bojana surely this must have brought a positive change into your young career , and also your decision to leave Russia ?
Yes surely It is great honor to be playing tennis with players like Ivanovic, Jankovic and Bojana , they help me  a lot . I talk to them for advice and they always help me. I feel in Serbia they treat the sportsperson with lot of respect . I’m only around 250 but I am respected a lot , if I was in Russia now no one  would even have known I exist, here in Serbia they give me a lot of respect and all possible help.

Q: What are your expectations at the Tashkent Open 2011?
I will be trying my best  first to make it to the main draw , This event is very important for me as it can give my career a new path  and few good wins can raise my confidence and rankings.

http://www.tashkentopen.uz/interview1.php?s=1 

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 9/13/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:19:19 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

I didn't know THIS:  

Interview of the day- Aleksandra Krunic

Eighteen-year old  Aleksandra Krunic was born in Russia ,   but now plays for Serbia  is a  Gen Next poster girl .  Having won  the Russian under-12, under-14 and under-16 National Championships titles in past , she was also  a top 10 junior. One of the  most promising Serbians and  a  young WTA prospect is being proclaimed  as a  "player to watch".  

Currently ranked   No. 240 , Krunic made her debut winning the first IT event where she was awarded the wildcard at the age of 15  . On 25 April 2009 Krunić debuted for Serbia Fed Cup team in a doubles match versus Spain. She partnered with Ana Jovanović against Lourdes Domínguez Lino and Nuria Llagostera Vives,  
She made her WTA Tour debut in 2010  at Banka Koper Slovenia Open, playing doubles with World No. 2 Jelena Janković.

Sunder Iyer of the  Tashkent Open 2011 media Team   spoke to the young star after she made it to the final round of the qualifying on her debut at the event.

Excerpts;

Q:   You have graduated from the juniors to the Tour events , your thoughts 
It is a different game altogether, In the Senior level you don’t get presents in matches like I used to get at the junior events, I have to be prepared physically and mentally , as i have to play against older opponents who have been around for quite a long time. There is a lot of difference , the challenge is how does one adapt to the change and how fast

Q: Despite being a junior your WTA Tour ranks are quite impressive…
Honestly, I put in the hard work  , I shifted base from Moscow to Serbia, i also have changed my coach of last 10 years, i have a new coach with who my comfort levels are good now,  I have changed my forehand and lot of things in my game and things are working for me , as my game is being bulit up. I have had good wins in the ITF events and now trying to make it to the WTA events. I’m currently 240 and want to build from here

Q:  Your game is quite different  and has much skills than power ?
I’m not strong enough to play tall and stronger opponents. As a youngster I learnt all the strokes in tennis including drops, slice and touch game , I think all this is helping me to survive against stronger and older players

Q: When girls of your age are having fun at school and college , you are sweating it out day in and day out , what are your feelings
It depends on what fun is all about , I am a person who is not a party animal and sleeps early, I miss memories of school.  One has to choose the future. At 18 I chose Tennis over Education , but I feel  that education is important too and i am taking distance learning courses,  I always feel as tennis  players one never knows the future whether you will continue to play or you might have to quit due to injuries, so for me education is important too. 

Q: You have been playing on the Serbian team with like of Ivanovic , Jankovic and Bojana surely this must have brought a positive change into your young career , and also your decision to leave Russia ?
Yes surely It is great honor to be playing tennis with players like Ivanovic, Jankovic and Bojana , they help me  a lot . I talk to them for advice and they always help me. I feel in Serbia they treat the sportsperson with lot of respect . I’m only around 250 but I am respected a lot , if I was in Russia now no one  would even have known I exist, here in Serbia they give me a lot of respect and all possible help.

Q: What are your expectations at the Tashkent Open 2011?
I will be trying my best  first to make it to the main draw , This event is very important for me as it can give my career a new path  and few good wins can raise my confidence and rankings.

http://www.tashkentopen.uz/interview1.php?s=1 

WE HAVE SO MANY FAMOUS ATHLETES IN RUSSIA THAT EVEN THE BEST ATHLETES ARE NORMAL PERSONS IN MOSCOW. 

THE HOCKEY SUPER STAR ALEX OVECHKIN TOLD US THAT WHEN HE IS IN RUSSIA, HE IS JUST FAMOUS BUT IN THE USA HE IS A SUPER HERO OF ICE HOCKEY.  

RUSSIA WAS SECOND AFTER CHINA AT THE RECENT OLYMPIAD OF YOUNG ATHLETES

IF KRUNIC WERE IN CHINA, SHE WOULD NOT EXIST TOO BECAUSE CHINA HAS MILLIONS OF FAMOUS ATHLETES IN ALL SPORTS. 

BUT WE CAN SAY THAT SERBIAN TENNIS SCHOOLS ARE GOOD SCHOOLS.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:25:16 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

They've got the Junior Fed Cup Finals streaming live again this year: http://es.justin.tv/trio...a.com.mx#/w/1830436176/3

Check this link daily. Stationary camera not going to scoreboard as they have done on the JustinTv player thru http://www.trionicca.com.mx/  , but you can clearly hear the calls.

San Luis Potosi, Mexico is the same as my time zone, GMT-5. Start of play is at (10:00 CDT) (GMT 15:00) (Paris 17:00, Moscow 19:00) daily.

As the Russians don't seem to be in the finals this year, I haven't sussed it out. You gotta go to the ITF Juniors site http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/ & sort participants & schedule--Junior Davis & Fed Cup are played together.

Dartagnan
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:29:09 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Maria Shishkina 'Nova Sharapova', de 13 anos

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...-Mv4&feature=related

Maria Shishkina wants to be the "next Maria Sharapova". She practices every day and never stops practicing tennis. Her goal to win Wimbledon at 17 years old.  Actually she is 13 years old. 

masha

Maria Shishkina is the future of the world tennis.

Masha was born in Kazakhstan. At the age of 7 she moved to Florida with her mother to have trainings in the famous tennis academy of Nick Bollettieri (IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy).

Masha’s mother is also a sportswoman. In Kazakhstan she went mountain climbing and till now she remembers with nostalgia the beautiful sights of her native country. Masha’s father Igor Shishkin is a professional wrestler. He still lives in Kazakhstan and waits for the Green Card to reunite with his beloved family.

The experts call her "second Sharapova” and "young star” without being confused with her young age. They say that Maria’s blows are like a laser and her determination and beyond her years developed coordination and muscular system are able to surprise anyone.
Not so long time ago Masha won the prestigious junior tournament of Eddie Herr for the children of the age of 12 and it appears that she will not stop at what she has achieved.

The quotation of Nick Bollettieri: "This girl is particular. This girl is a tigress. Remember her name. She has a perfect coordination, her concentration is the same. She has incredible blows from the right as well as from the left, they are, like lasers, strong and accurate and this all was the answer to the blows that an adult man sent to her. The game by the net is also impressive. She has the fastest and the most dexterous legs since the time of Tracy Austin. This child is unbelievable, the best player of her age that I’ve ever seen. And even more!” 
All Masha’s acquaintances and friends agree in opinion that the girl is very beautiful. She is a real top model. She poses already for the commercials and it goes quite naturally.

Not long ago the Academy shot a full-length film about Maria Shishkina. At the beginning of the video the creators mention that they have already done the same videos about the Williams sisters, Sharapova, Tiger" Woods, Nadal and Bolt long before their success. Now they have done the video about Maria Shishkina and have put her in one row with the mega stars of big tennis. You can see the video here.

Besides tennis the young Miss Shishkina is keen on swimming, cycle racing, communicating with friends and playing video game console Nintendo Wii. 
Masha loves very much dogs, but now she can’t afford to have her own dog because of the lack of free time. That’s why she often plays with the neighbour's puppy called Muffin. Masha listens to pop music and RNB. She has a dream to learn to fly and to have her own Mercedes-Benz SLS. She speaks fluently American English.
"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 9/29/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:18:02 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Maria Shishkina wants to be the "next Maria Sharapova". She practices every day and never stops practicing tennis. Her goal to win Wimbledon at 17 years old.  Actually she is 13 years old. 

masha

Masha was born in Kazakhstan. At the age of 7 she moved to Florida with her mother to have trainings in the famous tennis academy of Nick Bollettieri (IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy).

Masha’s mother is also a sportswoman. In Kazakhstan she went mountain climbing and till now she remembers with nostalgia the beautiful sights of her native country. Masha’s father Igor Shishkin is a professional wrestler. He still lives in Kazakhstan and waits for the Green Card to reunite with his beloved family.

The experts call her "second Sharapova” and "young star” without being confused with her young age. They say that Maria’s blows are like a laser and her determination and beyond her years developed coordination and muscular system are able to surprise anyone.
Not so long time ago Masha won the prestigious junior tournament of Eddie Herr for the children of the age of 12 and it appears that she will not stop at what she has achieved.

The quotation of Nick Bollettieri: "This girl is particular. This girl is a tigress. Remember her name. She has a perfect coordination, her concentration is the same. She has incredible blows from the right as well as from the left, they are, like lasers, strong and accurate and this all was the answer to the blows that an adult man sent to her. The game by the net is also impressive. She has the fastest and the most dexterous legs since the time of Tracy Austin. This child is unbelievable, the best player of her age that I’ve ever seen. And even more!” 
All Masha’s acquaintances and friends agree in opinion that the girl is very beautiful. She is a real top model. She poses already for the commercials and it goes quite naturally.

Not long ago the Academy shot a full-length film about Maria Shishkina. At the beginning of the video the creators mention that they have already done the same videos about the Williams sisters, Sharapova, Tiger" Woods, Nadal and Bolt long before their success. Now they have done the video about Maria Shishkina and have put her in one row with the mega stars of big tennis. You can see the video here.

Besides tennis the young Miss Shishkina is keen on swimming, cycle racing, communicating with friends and playing video game console Nintendo Wii. 
Masha loves very much dogs, but now she can’t afford to have her own dog because of the lack of free time. That’s why she often plays with the neighbour's puppy called Muffin. Masha listens to pop music and RNB. She has a dream to learn to fly and to have her own Mercedes-Benz SLS. She speaks fluently American English.

As my man Willie Seabrook once observed (in somewhat sexist early 20th century slang) There's a dangerous & inflammatory little baggage if I ever saw  one. lol!

Seriously Dart, this is great stuff.  Knew I'd heard the name--likely when she won Eddie Herr.  A cerain skepticism is warranted on the backstory. "Just went for it" from Kazakhstan right to Bollettieri's & a gated community? I am so sure.  These folks been plugged in for a long time.

That said, she's certainly a good investment--star quality just drips off her--and you can take to the bank Nick's appraisal of her play.

Oh yeah, I will follow this one. 

Dartagnan
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:07:47 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

masha

As my man Willie Seabrook once observed (in somewhat sexist early 20th century slang) There's a dangerous & inflammatory little baggage if I ever saw  one. lol!

Seriously Dart, this is great stuff.  Knew I'd heard the name--likely when she won Eddie Herr.  A cerain skepticism is warranted on the backstory. "Just went for it" from Kazakhstan right to Bollettieri's & a gated community? I am so sure.  These folks been plugged in for a long time.

That said, she's certainly a good investment--star quality just drips off her--and you can take to the bank Nick's appraisal of her play.

Oh yeah, I will follow this one. 

I agree with you Paul. We have to follow her. 

Let's see her family name: Shishkin for males or Shishkina for females is a Russian family name. 

This name comes from the russian word SHISHKA which litteraly means a "hump". But in Russian SHISHKA is an important person such as a BOSS. 

Let's follow this new Maria Shishkina. 

PodgeMcQ
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:34:13 PM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Looks like Ons Jabeur is now trying out the WTA tour. It'll be interesting to see how she gets on on the clay since she won the Junior Roland Garros last year 

WTA profile: http://www.wtatennis.com...ons-jabeur_2257889_15896

ITF profile: http://www.itftennis.com...yer.asp?player=100123615

Fed Cup profile: http://www.fedcup.com/en....aspx?playerid=100123615

paul_pipkin
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:30:23 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

FES   GP De SAR La Princesse Lalla Meryem  FèsMorocco

Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens takes the championship!  

Bertens wins title - Tennis

Doubles to 

Petra Cetkovska & Alexandra Panova 

Dartagnan
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 1:37:56 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Panova, Cetkovska on top in Fes

Apr 28, 2012 21:56 Moscow Time

Panova, Cetkovska on top in Fes

© Photo: SXC.hu

Print
Email
Add to blog

The Russian-Czech duo of Alexandra Panova and Petra Cetkovska has won the pairs contest of the tennis tournament in Fes, Morocco. The girls defeated a duo from Romania 3-6, 7-6, 11-9 in a dramatic final meet.

The prize fund in Fes is $220 thousand.

RIA

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_04_28/73277518/

FES   GP De SAR La Princesse Lalla Meryem  FèsMorocco

Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens takes the championship!  

Bertens wins title - Tennis

Doubles to 

Petra Cetkovska & Alexandra Panova 

MiniMasha12
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:50:59 PM(UTC)
MiniMasha12

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
everybody wants to be maria right? beautiful, athletic, rich.
Dartagnan
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 5:57:38 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: MiniMasha12 Go to Quoted Post
everybody wants to be maria right? beautiful, athletic, rich.

I don't think so. Maria already exists, she is unique. 

Team Russia advances to Junior Fed Cup finals at Barcelona

теннис мяч

Team Russia has advanced to Fed Cup finals after defeating Australia at the Junior Fed Cup championships in Barcelona.

Darya Kasatkina beat Zoe Hives, while Yelizaveta Kulichkova scored victory over Isabelle Wallace.

Russians will now take on Americans in the final game on September 30th .

RIA

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...Cup-finals-at-Barcelona/