logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Toray Pan Pacific Open 2012 --- September 23rd - 29th
Brebis
#39 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 4:16:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Dartagnan;319348 wrote:

CROUCHING TIGER;319344 wrote:

http://www.mariasharapov...-tennis-clinic-2012.aspx

Call me a sentimental bastard but when u see this pictures and u have children yourself
i hope she'll find "the right one"...

Let's hope that Masha will be still healthy after a few week exposition to Tokyo radiation and radioactive sources. 

Nuclear radiation usually doesn't pardon anybody even children become radioactive. 

Who are responsible of irradiated children????

Of course the leaders who built many nuclear power plants in a country which is full of earthquakes and floods. They are the idiots. 

REMEMBER RADIATION MAKES MILLIONS OF YEARS TO LEAVE A COUNTRY. 

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANCE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS SO LET'S NOT LIE TO PEOPLE THAT THE RADIATION BECOMES LOWER IN A YEAR. 

Get a life , will you !!!   Stop talking about radiation, as this does not affect your daily life. Feel sorry for those who are really suffering. This is not the case with Maria and YOU . Besides that , what can you do about it ? Are you Greenpeace member. No, that stop publishing this crap. Let's talk about tennis instead of repeating the same message all the time. See september 2011 !!!

Dartagnan
#40 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 4:25:31 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Brebis;319353 wrote:
 Get a life , will you !!!   Stop talking about radiation, as this does not affect your daily life. Feel sorry for those who are really suffering. This is not the case with Maria and YOU . Besides that , what can you do about it ? Are you Greenpeace member. No, that stop publishing this crap. Let's talk about tennis instead of repeating the same message all the time. See september 2011 !!! 

YES I REMEMBER SEPTEMBER 2011 + SEPTEMBER 2012 = TWICE MORE RADIATION FOR SHARAPOVA

RADIATION DOESN'T AFFECT MY LIFE A LOT   TODAY BUT IT COULD ONE DAY. 

IF MARIA SHARAPOVA IS NAIVA ABOUT RADIATION, I HOPE OTHER ATHLETES WON'T BE NAIVE AND TRAVEL TO JAPAN. 

THE TRUTH ABOUT RADIATION AND INTENSIVE SPORT

I want to remember to people not to be naive about the radiation and wrong information you receive from medias. 

Why is it dangerous to practice a pro sport under higher levels of radiation such as the ones in Tokyo?

First, because when you practice an intense sport, your body use more oxygen, so you absorb a lot of radioactive air in your lung. I mean a lot of more than a person who is not practicing an intense sport.

Second, by absorbing more air, you irradiate your body intensively because the level of radiation is higher in a country where happened a recent nuclear accident. Every body knows that our organs such as brain, muscles, glands need oxygen to survive so by absorbing radioactive air, you contaminate them.

Third, as nuclear radiation takes an indeterminate time to leave your body, that means your body becomes radioactive and you become yourself a higher source of radioactivity for other people.  

It is the laws of physics and biology, any leader or journalist can't change these laws by saying in an article that the level of radiation is lower just after a year. 

Nuclear physics says that nuclear radiation makes millions of years to leave an area. 

Fourth, when the radiation enters in your body you can't feel it, you can even feel happy but the consequences of it, are terrible on your DNA moleculs. I mean the moleculs which build your cells are destroyed by the radiation. 

Fifth, Azarenka&Serena Williams are absent in Tokyo, they prefer to be healthy&stronger. 

Fukushima - "They Lied to Us"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQa2Ivz8i8I

By going to Tokyo MARIA Sharapova becomes a naive victim of the radiation. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:45:16 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Masha will first play Lisicki OR Heather Watson, maybe Tuesday:

http://www.wtatennis.com...osting/2012/1056/MDS.pdf

Monday, September 24, 2012 Streams at least for Centre Court

Centre Court (from 11.00hrs) (02:00 GMT)
1. Ana Ivanovic vs. Andrea Hlavackova

2. Kurumi Nara vs. Urszula Radwanska
3. Kimiko Date-Krumm vs. Marion Bartoli
4. Caroline Wozniacki vs. Bojana Jovanovski (NB 17.00hrs)
5. Ekaterina Makarova vs. Daniela Hantuchova

Court 1 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Nadia Petrova vs. Peng Shuai

2. Yaroslava Shvedova vs. Francesca Schiavone
3. Julia Goerges vs. Monica Niculescu
4. Lucie Safarova vs. Tsvetana Pironkova

Court 3 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Romina Oprandi vs. Johanna Larsson

2. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs. Chanelle Scheepers
3. Sabine Lisicki vs. Heather Watson (winner will play Masha)
4. Hsieh Su-Wei vs. Klara Zakopalova

Court 4 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Alizé Cornet vs. Pauline Parmentier

2. Tamira Paszek vs. Camila Giorgi
3. Hlavackova/Martic vs. Llagostera Vives/Mirza (NB 14.00hrs; after suitable rest)
4. Zheng Jie vs. Vania King (NB 16.00hrs)

Court 8 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Caroline Garcia vs. Jamie Hampton

2. Simona Halep vs. Carla Suárez Navarro (NB 12.00hrs)
3. Sílvia Soler-Espinosa vs. Kaia Kanepi (NB 16.00hrs)

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/24/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#45 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 4:13:10 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Heather Watson def Lisicki 64 76(3). Will play Masha.  

sunstreet
#46 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 5:35:02 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Yep, Lisicki is out, -can´t say i´m crying my eyes out because of that.
So next up is watson, which will be played in the middle of the night here in Denmark. I guess tennis shapens ones ability to figure out timezones.
Well anyway, i wish Maria the best of luck in her opening match. Hopefully Eurosport will show a re-run of the match later Tuesday.

;-)
Alireza
#50 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 9:02:26 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)
Maria will play against Watson at second round of Tokyo Open! Maria has just three tournaments and she has to play well at each tournament and each match!

Here, Thomas has a really difficult duty, he should instruct Maria in difficult situations and soothe her!

Go Go Maria
Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
paul_pipkin
#47 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 10:19:37 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

sunstreet;319372 wrote:
So next up is watson, which will be played in the middle of the night here in Denmark. I guess tennis shapens ones ability to figure out timezones.
Well anyway, i wish Maria the best of luck in her opening match. Hopefully Eurosport will show a re-run of the match later Tuesday.

;-)

Masha & Heather will play the 3rd match on Centre.

http://www.wtatennis.com...posting/2012/1056/OP.pdf 

Maybe 05:00 am GMT -- 06:00 UK, 07:00 in Denmark.

Possibly 00:00 midnight here in Central US. 

There WILL be live streams. 

Brebis
#41 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 2:02:52 PM(UTC)

Dartagnan;319354 wrote:

Brebis;319353 wrote:

YES I REMEMBER SEPTEMBER 2011 + SEPTEMBER 2012 = TWICE MORE RADIATION FOR SHARAPOVA

RADIATION DOESN'T AFFECT MY LIFE A LOT   TODAY BUT IT COULD ONE DAY. 

IF MARIA SHARAPOVA IS NAIVA ABOUT RADIATION, I HOPE OTHER ATHLETES WON'T BE NAIVE AND TRAVEL TO JAPAN. 

THE TRUTH ABOUT RADIATION AND INTENSIVE SPORT

I want to remember to people not to be naive about the radiation and wrong information you receive from medias. 

Why is it dangerous to practice a pro sport under higher levels of radiation such as the ones in Tokyo?

First, because when you practice an intense sport, your body use more oxygen, so you absorb a lot of radioactive air in your lung. I mean a lot of more than a person who is not practicing an intense sport.

Second, by absorbing more air, you irradiate your body intensively because the level of radiation is higher in a country where happened a recent nuclear accident. Every body knows that our organs such as brain, muscles, glands need oxygen to survive so by absorbing radioactive air, you contaminate them.

Third, as nuclear radiation takes an indeterminate time to leave your body, that means your body becomes radioactive and you become yourself a higher source of radioactivity for other people.  

It is the laws of physics and biology, any leader or journalist can't change these laws by saying in an article that the level of radiation is lower just after a year. 

Nuclear physics says that nuclear radiation makes millions of years to leave an area. 

Fourth, when the radiation enters in your body you can't feel it, you can even feel happy but the consequences of it, are terrible on your DNA moleculs. I mean the moleculs which build your cells are destroyed by the radiation. 

Fifth, Azarenka&Serena Williams are absent in Tokyo, they prefer to be healthy&stronger. 

Fukushima - "They Lied to Us"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQa2Ivz8i8I

By going to Tokyo MARIA Sharapova becomes a naive victim of the radiation. 

You don't get it !!  Let me rest my case,  boys ...................????     

paul_pipkin
#48 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 3:25:14 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

paul_pipkin;319375 wrote:

sunstreet;319372 wrote:

;-)

Masha & Heather will play the 3rd match on Centre.

http://www.wtatennis.com...posting/2012/1056/OP.pdf 

Maybe 05:00 am GMT -- 06:00 UK, 07:00 in Denmark.

Possibly 00:00 midnight here in Central US. 

There WILL be live streams. 

Brebis: Val is in Amsterdam--said PM him if you like. :D 

Linx are up: http://www.lshunter.tv/t...ive-streaming-video.html 

http://www.stopstream.tv/4/      http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html 

I will be in the Shoutbox tonight.

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
sunstreet on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#49 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 6:58:24 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Petrova advances to Tokyo tennis R2

Российская теннисистка Надежда Петрова теннис ракетка мячик

Russia’s Nadezhda Petrova has advanced to the second round of an international tennis tournament in Tokyo by defeating China’s Shuai Peng in two sets (6:1, 6:4).

In the next round Petrova will take on the winner of the match between Simona Simona Halep and Carla Suarez Navarro.

RIA

Makarova Knocked Out by Hantuchova in Tokyo

Ekaterina Makarova

Wozniacki Survives Scare in Tokyo Radiation????

Caroline Wozniacki

Former world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki was pushed hard by Serbian qualifier Bojana Jovanovski in the first round of the Japan Open on Monday, winning the match in a tense decider.

"Tigress" Sharapova to Play Britain’s Watson in Tokyo 

Maria Sharapova

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
deadchip on 9/24/2012(UTC)
deadchip
#51 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 9:26:54 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Well, well, well!!! Heather Watson it is then!!! That`s a bit of a surprise, but Heather has been playing very well of late and is going to be very tough!!! We know Masha will not take her lightly, having had some trouble with her in the past.
COME ON MASHA!!
Masha is my #1!!
1 user thanked deadchip for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:03:35 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Match was incredible, it was tense, thrilling, had some really bad tennis involved in it (particularly Maria's serve games were attrocious in 1st and half of second set), but then it alos had some amazing rallies, some incredible defense displays by both players and some insane returns by maria in the 2nd and 3rd sets.

Once again Maria's fighting spirit gives her the win. It was both an ugly and a beautiful match and it was once again a testament of how Maria never gives up!

DAVAI MASHA!
1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER
#53 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:59:13 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
They're on their way, those "young spiders". Every country has a Watson/Robson on the move, the

"new generation" so to say. Interesting to see how's that gonna work out in a few years...

NOT YET:)...

@about Masha; after that T-break i told in the shoutbox we would go for another 3-setter; it's

too previsible that gameplan. Thomas might think of a few other "tricks" or "surprises" 'cos all

goes very well until...OTOH, it was a first match, always unpredictable even for champions...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
saggittarian
#54 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:21:13 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Maria was pushed hard by young Heather. It didn't help that she had so many DFs and just couldn't get her first serves in for whatever reason. Don't think it was windy. All in all it was very nerve-wrecking for me to watch the final set.

Safarova next....

1 user thanked saggittarian for this useful post.
sunstreet
#55 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:11:40 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi Paul,
well the match began around 8 am, so i got to see the first two sets, and recorded the rest. Had a date with a hairdresser, but followed the match on live score. Talk about being a fanatic ;-)
To be quite honest, i don´t see Watson as such a great player. After all, and Maria are not going to like me for writing this. If Maria had cut back on the unforced errors, Watson would have been creamed in two sets.
Anyway, Maria showed her class and won in three,fighting a serve which went awol from time to time.
Good to see Maria in the next round, not that i doubted she would win this match,anyway.
Left for me is to congratulate Maria with pulling through, and getting to the next round.
Best of luck, Maria.
;-)
1 user thanked sunstreet for this useful post.
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#56 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:24:57 AM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

I know I sound like a broken record, but Maria's serve is pretty much a broken record. That was just atrocious. I can't even watch Maria when she's playing like that. It's too painful and sickening. 14 DFs and 67 UFEs? In PERFECT indoor conditions? Are you kidding me?

Her serve has regressed horribly as the year has gone on. It was the reason she won 3 clay titles and I thought good progress was being made with it and she was making it a weapon again. But the same problem started rearing its head again on the grass and at the U.S. Open. Struggling just to hold, many times against light-weight opponents. Getting broken over and over, piling up the DFs. It's still a huge liability and she can't win this way. It's no accident that she hasn't won since the clay season.

So it's hard to feel confident at Maria's long-term prospects in the coming years when this serving issue is clearly a mental problem that isn't going away. After today's debacle, she looks like she's back to her 2009-2010 serving form, which was embarrassing. I really don't know what she can do. Another overhaul of her serving motion and toss? Would that even help? Would she even be willing to start from scratch again? Maria can try and blame rust all she wants, but everyone who watches her knows it goes well beyond that. She's still a person in denial.

Very discouraging.

1 user thanked Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan for this useful post.
Valkyre
#57 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:47:00 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
^^ dude i am scared for you...

It feels that if Maria gets worse or plays some bad matches consecutively (because hey so far she has been either in semis or finals in most her tournaments which is NO SMALL FEAT) you are going to like.... I dont know... kill yourself or something...

It is kinda sad and like you said indeed you sound like a broken record. i only hope you are prepared for the normal period where an athlete is goong through a slump... cause to tell you truth you dont seem really ready for it, and it looks like it is going to be devastating for you...

I cant even imagine if you where a Kvitova fan... you probably would have slit your wrists by now... or if you were a Li Na fan...

Seriously get a grip...
3 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/25/2012(UTC), paul_pipkin on 9/25/2012(UTC), Aussie4 on 9/25/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#59 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:26:29 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
OOP-WEDNEDDAY 26/09

http://www.toray-ppo.co....t/pdf/2012wtaii_oop7.pdf

(Masha is again 3th match-more details in LIVE STREAMS as always)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Hesco
#58 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:10:50 PM(UTC)
Hesco

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Valkyre;319393 wrote:
^^ dude i am scared for you...

It feels that if Maria gets worse or plays some bad matches consecutively (because hey so far she has been either in semis or finals in most her tournaments which is NO SMALL FEAT) you are going to like.... I dont know... kill yourself or something...

It is kinda sad and like you said indeed you sound like a broken record. i only hope you are prepared for the normal period where an athlete is goong through a slump... cause to tell you truth you dont seem really ready for it, and it looks like it is going to be devastating for you...

I cant even imagine if you where a Kvitova fan... you probably would have slit your wrists by now... or if you were a Li Na fan...

Seriously get a grip...

I was thinking the same way, as long as Maria makes the Semis and final at least we can see her on live TV.

All I hope is that she stays in the top five, that way her endorsements will be safe and her fan base will be stronge ( more than 8 million Facebook fans). Vamos Maria you are great!!!!!!

Brebis
#60 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:22:16 PM(UTC)

Have not seen the match but reading the above , she must have been rusty. Let me just make one compliment and that is for her new outfit. I looovvvvve that skirt. Special, different, nice color. Great work Maria. Keep it up for the next matches, we want to see that outfit till the very end.