logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Toray Pan Pacific Open 2012 --- September 23rd - 29th
Dartagnan
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:16:04 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hernando Go to Quoted Post
Maria has sponsors obligations in Japan and she may open a new Sugarpova store there.
I think the risck justifies the benefits. I do not think is any risk, thousands of businessmen from the West are in tokio with ther families.

Yes we know this kind of sponsor obligations, they can force you to eat radioactive Sugarpova in Japan because they only need you for money while you are still famous in your field. But if you are ill with a bad cancer or if you become handicapped and very poor, they won't need you anymore. They will find another healthy&rfamous person. 

About the Sugarpovas, there are enough people in the world who can buy them. For example in "latina america" during the Olympic Games in Rio, it will be a chance to sell them. 

But Japan with a recent nuclear accident is not the place to be actually and make money. All things are and become radioactive in Japan, food, candies, clothes, cars, trains.....  

If you want to die for money that means you are not a God person. 

God gives happiness only to people who have a good heart and who know how to protect themself. 

The only message that a clever person or an Ambassador could give to the Japanese is to stop using the nuclear plants if they want to have a country and live on the earth. And you don't need to go to Japan to repeat them this message. 

When you are famous, rich and you have a good health, you don't need to visit countries where radiation is so high particularly if you have no family in this country. You have nothing to lose, but by often visiting country under high radiation you increase your chance to have a cancer in the future. 

For Maria Sharapova, it won't be a performance to play at Tokyo, because she has already showed good results in this country. 

AFTER FUKUSHIMA ACCIDENT, TROPHIES IN JAPAN BECAME RADIOACTIVE !!!! SO THE WINNER WILL KEEP A RADIOACTIVE TROPHY IN HIS or HER HOUSE. 

Hartmann Radiation Danger

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/w...Yu1IY&feature=relmfu

there is no saved level for radiation particularly after the worst nuclear accident in the world. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:45:53 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Sara is a clever girl !!!!

God gave you a good health so don't lose it with ridiculus tournaments. 

Sara Errani Admits She Avoided Tennis Tournament in Tokyo: Feared Radiation

Italian tennis player Sara Errani has confessed that she skipped the September 2011 Toray Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo because she was afraid of radiation:

Sara Errani has admitted fears of a radiation leak after last year’s tsunami in Japan forced her to withdraw from a tournament in Tokyo.

Errani…..had previously cited only personal reasons for missing the event.

Fears with a good reason: http://www.youtube.com/w...Yu1IY&feature=relmfu 

SARA DOESN'T NEED TO WIN A RADIOACTIVE TROPHY. 

SHE IS A CLEVER PERSON: FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:29:40 PM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
The last four tournaments that Maria has played have been the French Open, Wimbledon, the Olympics, and the U.S. Open. I'll be interested to see how motivated she is to play her best in these last few non-major tourneys. And let's hope Maria rocks the headband again someday.

Meanwhile, here's an article about Maria receiving the key to the city of Manhattan Beach the other day.

http://manhattanbeach.pa...-athlete-manhattan-beach

Someone should have told the writer or editor of the article that Maria and Sasha broke up a while ago. An embarrassing error. And the mayor needs to brush up on his Maria history. She beat Serena to win Wimbledon, not the Aussie.
CROUCHING TIGER
#25 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 3:25:15 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)

Remember last year...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Aussie4
#28 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 4:11:59 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

Remember last year...

I'd rather not

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#27 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 9:34:16 AM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Remember last year...

That picture makes me sad. I hate seeing Maria in pain. Very freaky injury, twisting her ankle while serving.
Alireza
#26 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 12:12:02 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Remember last year...

don't speak about last year! Yeah, that was bad moment, we all was very sad but that was last year, speak about now!  I think that Maria rested enough and she is ready for win Tokyo tournament!

These are latest tournaments and Maria should play more stronger and more better than last tournaments!

Go Go Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
deadchip
#29 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 12:39:28 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Not an easy draw. Likely she gets Lisicki in the second round after a bye in the first. Lisicki isn't as tough on hardcourts as no grass , but still not easy to jump right into a tough match after having a few weeks off. Looking forward to getting back to watching some tennis, though the time zone is nasty for me!!! but still better than Europe! GO MARIA!!
Masha is my #1!!
Dartagnan
#22 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 3:14:40 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

HIGH RADIATION IS PRESENT IN TOKYO. MASHA IS GOING TO BE RADIOACTIVE. 

High levels of radiation in Tokyo

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZihtD3638_0 

REMEMBER RADIATION MAKES MILLIONS OF YEARS TO LEAVE A COUNTRY. 

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Sara is a clever girl !!!!

God gave you a good health so don't lose it with ridiculus tournaments. 

Sara Errani Admits She Avoided Tennis Tournament in Tokyo: Feared Radiation

Italian tennis player Sara Errani has confessed that she skipped the September 2011 Toray Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo because she was afraid of radiation:

Sara Errani has admitted fears of a radiation leak after last year’s tsunami in Japan forced her to withdraw from a tournament in Tokyo.

Errani…..had previously cited only personal reasons for missing the event.

Fears with a good reason: http://www.youtube.com/w...Yu1IY&feature=relmfu 

SARA DOESN'T NEED TO WIN A RADIOACTIVE TROPHY. 

SHE IS A CLEVER PERSON: FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED. 

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/22/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#30 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 5:00:23 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1881 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

I dunno that I'd bail on the date.  But I WOULD have a TLD dosimeter with me. If I found I was about to accumulate too high a dose, I'd be outta there! 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Dartagnan
#31 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 5:41:45 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

I dunno that I'd bail on the date.  But I WOULD have a TLD dosimeter with me. If I found I was about to accumulate too high a dose, I'd be outta there! 

Even if you have a TLD dosimeter in Tokyo, you can't escape radiation because it is everywhere. Fukushima is only at 300 km from Tokyo. 

As nuclear Radiation is very energetic, it is going through your body to break your DNA molecules, this fact causes cancer. DNA molecules are responsable to build your healthy cells, if your DNA molecules are broken by nuclear radiation, they start building "bad cells" so you have a cancer. 

If you stay many times in an area where the radiation is high, it will be easy to have a cancer in the future. 

REMEMBER RADIATION MAKES MILLIONS OF YEARS TO LEAVE YOUR BODY.

Thermoluminescent Dosimeter

Thermoluminescent dosimeters (TLD) are often used instead of the film badge. Like a film badge, it is worn for a period of time (usually 3 months or less) and then must be processed to determine the dose received, if any. Thermoluminescent dosimeters can measure doses as low as 1 millirem, but under routine conditions their low-dose capability is approximately the same as for film badges. TLDs have a precision of approximately 15% for low doses. This precision improves to approximately 3% for high doses. The advantages of a TLD over other personnel monitors is its linearity of response to dose, its relative energy independence, and its sensitivity to low doses. It is also reusable, which is an advantage over film badges. However, no permanent record or re-readability is provided and an immediate, on the job readout is not possible.

How it works
A TLD is a phosphor, such as lithium fluoride (LiF) or calcium fluoride (CaF), in a solid crystal structure. When a TLD is exposed to ionizing radiation at ambient temperatures, the radiation interacts with the phosphor crystal and deposits all or part of the incident energy in that material. Some of the atoms in the material that absorb that energy become ionized, producing free electrons and areas lacking one or more electrons, called holes. Imperfections in the crystal lattice structure act as sites where free electrons can become trapped and locked into place.

Heating the crystal causes the crystal lattice to vibrate, releasing the trapped electrons in the process. Released electrons return to the original ground state, releasing the captured energy from ionization as light, hence the name thermoluminescent. Released light is counted using photomultiplier tubes and the number of photons counted is proportional to the quantity of radiation striking the phosphor.

Instead of reading the optical density (blackness) of a film, as is done with film badges, the amount of light released versus the heating of the individual pieces of thermoluminescent material is measured. The "glow curve" produced by this process is then related to the radiation exposure. The process can be repeated many times.

paul_pipkin
#32 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 6:14:17 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Thanx for the specs on the TLD. Really a sophisticated little device--can be set to alarm at a given level.

We're not "safe" anywhere, Dart. I probably acquired a couple hundred rads from Fukushima even here in South Texas. Part of why I'm a Green--and I'm NOT an anti-nuke fanatic, really--but something's gotta be done to control this nasty sh!t.

Gotta trust Masha's judgment. She's no airhead. Bet she's got a rather exact idea of how much Cesium-137 she absorbed in Yelena's womb in the weeks before she, Yuri & fetal Masha fled Gomel.  Not a matter Maria Sharapova would ignore.

paul_pipkin
#34 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 6:22:46 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Tokyo Draw

Posted on September 21, 2012

Tokyo 2012 Draw

The draw for the Toray Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo, Japan has been released and Maria is seeded No.2 and has a bye in the first round.

In the second round to be played on Monday or Tuesday, Maria will play either Sabine Lisicki of Germay or Klara Zakopalova of the Czech Republic. Maria leads the series 4-1 with Lisicki and 3-1 with Zakopalova. 

The first seed Maria can meet is No.16 seed Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic in the third round.

Tokyo is a Premier 5 event played on hardcourts. Maria has played this event seven times before and her result was winning it in 2005 and 2009. Last year, Maria reached the quarters but had to withdraw due to an ankle injury she sustained during the match against Petra Kvitova. 

Maria's past results in Tokyo

Dartagnan
#33 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 7:24:45 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Radiation in Fukushima was stronger that the one in Chernobyl because the Jap. used other materials (more energetic). 

Masha had a chance to escape Chernobyl by going to Siberia because the URSS was a very large country so she avoided the radiation. It is not the case of Japan which is a very small country. 

We are not saved anywhere but we have to avoid high radiation during a nuclear accident. God protects people who protect themselves. 

The fact that you escape Chernobyl ones, should not give you the opportunity to expose yourself everywhere. 

God gives you the chance to live only ones. 

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Thanx for the specs on the TLD. Really a sophisticated little device--can be set to alarm at a given level.

We're not "safe" anywhere, Dart. I probably acquired a couple hundred rads from Fukushima even here in South Texas. Part of why I'm a Green--and I'm NOT an anti-nuke fanatic, really--but something's gotta be done to control this nasty sh!t.

Gotta trust Masha's judgment. She's no airhead. Bet she's got a rather exact idea of how much Cesium-137 she absorbed in Yelena's womb in the weeks before she, Yuri & fetal Masha fled Gomel.  Not a matter Maria Sharapova would ignore.

CROUCHING TIGER
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:43:09 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Do u believe this?...just askin'...

http://www.japantravelin.../news_item.php?newsid=43

CROUCHING TIGER
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:45:04 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

WTA gonna keeps lickin' Shreks wife ass for how long? GODDAMN !!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#37 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:12:51 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.mariasharapov...-tennis-clinic-2012.aspx

Call me a sentimental bastard but when u see this pictures and u have children yourself
i hope she'll find "the right one"...

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 9/22/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#38 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:52:25 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

http://www.mariasharapov...-tennis-clinic-2012.aspx

Call me a sentimental bastard but when u see this pictures and u have children yourself
i hope she'll find "the right one"...

Let's hope that Masha will be still healthy after a few week exposition to Tokyo radiation and radioactive sources. 

Nuclear radiation usually doesn't pardon anybody even children become radioactive. 

Who are responsible of irradiated children????

Of course the leaders who built many nuclear power plants in a country which is full of earthquakes and floods. They are the idiots. 

REMEMBER RADIATION MAKES MILLIONS OF YEARS TO LEAVE A COUNTRY. 

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANCE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS SO LET'S NOT LIE TO PEOPLE THAT THE RADIATION BECOMES LOWER IN A YEAR. 

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/22/2012(UTC)
alexandreka
#43 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:56:59 PM(UTC)
alexandreka

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Hi guys I'm back I've had a lot of work at the highschool for these last couple of weeks. So, I saw that Maria could meet Lisicki in the second round right ? And then Zakopalova in the third ! That's obvious she's gonna win those matches :-) so good luck Maria !!!!! :-)
Dartagnan
#42 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 4:15:20 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

THE TRUTH ABOUT RADIATION AND INTENSIVE SPORT

I want to remember to people not to be naive about the radiation and wrong information you receive from medias. 

Why is it dangerous to practice a pro sport under higher levels of radiation such as the ones in Tokyo?

First, because when you practice an intense sport, your body use more oxygen, so you absorb a lot of radioactive air in your lung. I mean a lot of more than a person who is not practicing an intense sport.

Second, by absorbing more air, you irradiate your body intensively because the level of radiation is higher in a country where happened a recent nuclear accident. Every body knows that our organs such as brain, muscles, glands need oxygen to survive so by absorbing radioactive air, you contaminate them.

Third, as nuclear radiation takes an indeterminate time to leave your body, that means your body becomes radioactive and you become yourself a higher source of radioactivity for other people.  

It is the laws of physics and biology, any leader or journalist can't change these laws by saying in an article that the level of radiation is lower just after a year. 

Nuclear physics says that nuclear radiation makes millions of years to leave an area. 

Fourth, when the radiation enters in your body you can't feel it, you can even feel happy but the consequences of it, are terrible on your DNA moleculs. I mean the moleculs which build your cells are destroyed by the radiation. 

Fifth, Azarenka&Serena Williams are absent in Tokyo. They prefer to be healthy and stronger for future tournaments. 

Fukushima - "They Lied to Us" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQa2Ivz8i8I

By going to Tokyo MARIA Sharapova becomes a naive victim of the radiation.