logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<14151617>
US Open 2012 --- August 27- September 9
katmilr
#301 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:47:32 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
guys ,who are you rooting for in the final?
I think it will be serena with vika
Imnumber2
#305 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 4:58:33 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

I'M SOOOO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW  F.CK!!!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Aussie4
#302 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 5:02:34 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

katmilr;319046 wrote:

Serena obviously. I mean i dislike them both, but I prefer Serena anyday. Azarenka is just a sneaky ***** and frustrates the hell out of me.

@Midnight; yeah, she seemed too tense for my liking though. It's like once she hit 5-2 in the first set she just completely tightened up and that affected her till the start of the 3rd

It reminded me a lot of her semi against Petra in Aust to tell you the truth, except Vika stayed strong whereas Petra choked.

Very strong year at the slams, other than Wimbe but she fixed that up with her Olympic run. Still got 3 tournaments left, and i expect something BIG!

2013 will be Maria's year; the off season she needs to work on her out wide serve on the ad court so she can slam a few aces there, she relies way too much on the down the T on ad and out wide on Deuce for my liking. I was really surprised Vika wasn't leaning to that side more often.

Also moving forward, i really wanted her to slam a few right at Vika and fist pump aggressively and scream, that would be great.

Loving this emotion by the way, seeing Maria pumped is fantastic

1 user thanked Aussie4 for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/8/2012(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#303 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 5:11:17 PM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
katmilr;319046 wrote:

I hate both so I don't care about the final. But Serena is going to wipe the floor with her, so rooting for Vika is pointless.
Imnumber2
#304 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 6:06:13 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan;319049 wrote:
katmilr;319046 wrote:
I hate both so I don't care about the final. But Serena is going to wipe the floor with her, so rooting for Vika is pointless.

ME NEITHER!! DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!! I'M SOOO MAD!!!!!

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#306 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 6:23:03 PM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

I was impressed at how Maria really dictated the match, producing 44 winners, to Vika's 19. However, a whopping 42 unforced errors to Vika's 19 was her undoing. Maria's wreckless, berserker style of tennis is too much for most opponents to handle, but against the very best, she needs to find a way to gear down and play smarter, instead of just going ballistic all the time. Otherwise, we'll see more heartbreaking results like this one.

But Maria is so stubborn with doing things her way, I wonder how open-minded she is to change at this point in her career. Regarding her serve, I think she's totally spooked by all the problems she had trying to fix right after her surgery, she will refuse to do any tinkering with it anymore. And it NEEDS tinkering.
1 user thanked Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/7/2012(UTC)
saggittarian
#307 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 6:26:12 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

I am disappointed but not sad. Maria should be proud of herself for getting so far in the tournament and for fighting so hard in the 3rd set. She had lots of chances in the second. Her serves let her down as usual during crucial moments. If only she can serve consistently like Serena she wouldn't be giving us so much grief watching her play live. I get so nervous watching her serve even when she's playing round 1!!. 

I feel Maria is too spent to put up a fight against Serena tomorrow anyway so it is sort of a blessing to be spared another loss in a final. To beat Serena you need to be extra fit, sharp, and consistent.

I don't want to see Vika lifting the trophy so I will be rooting for Serena. For the sake of wta and tennis I hope they go to 3 sets and produce some great entertaining tennis. Sam gave her a run for her money last year. 

1 user thanked saggittarian for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/7/2012(UTC)
Alireza
#308 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 12:56:53 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Maria had a good chance to be No.1! If She could win US Open, she would be No.1 and ended year by No.1!! :(( crying There are just few tournaments that WTA top players will play, I hope Maria wins them and comes back to No.1 again!

Come on Maria!=D&gt; applause

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
CROUCHING TIGER
#309 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 3:11:09 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
There should be no hate towards Vika. Don't forget they have both Belarussian blood in their veins

and a tough match like we've seen honored them both. A ball out, in the net and Masha won here, but

this is no soccer with a draw...there must be a winner and faith threw it's coin towards Azarenka.

This is LIFE, it happened and it can happen again with this time Masha VICTOR!!!. I'm glad i saw

the greatest, explicite match of this USO. It was one of those u circle in RED 'cos u don't see

that many good, nailbiting matches in womenstennis. So be proud u saw this and honor the "gladiators".

For MYSELF i hope the black sweathog is finally slaughtered in the final; we must get rid of this

(man)woman...loosin' before her flag & public would hurt the beast so very much...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 9/8/2012(UTC)
Philli Wan
#310 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 4:17:15 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

There is one one thing that came out of this match.  Maria didn't have to contract a stomach virus to use as an excuse for getting her pants thrashed off her in the Final, and she shouldn't have to cancel her Asian Tour which, incidentally, the Dark Side of the game never plays.

Notice how all these commentators got hold of a new set of statistics to play with... The three set match.....Maria has played 13.  What they fail to tell you is that whenever Maria plays 2 or more in a Match...she ultimately looses the Tourny.

Did you notice Thomas and the Team.  Who's idea was that to dress them all identical... and in short pants too.  Look like a bunch of Gay Frat boys.  Gay boys in Blue.  I hope Maria doesn't make them dress like that. 

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 9/8/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#311 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 5:38:30 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
i dont know what is going on really lol.

Well I am in a good mood and I dont see why I shouldnt be. Maria had a big chance, yes and she didnt capitalise.

2 games decided the match. The first one was when Maria couldnt hold serve at 5-2. That allowed Vika to believe again. The second game that was important was after Maria broke Vika in the second set start, that she got broke back immediately.

But yeah, she lost. Am I disappointed? No, because she fought and she fought hard. And people can say whatever the fuck they need to say, but numbers dont lie.

And numbers say that Maria has been enjoying her carreer year, she has 2 finals appearances (one of which is a win) and reached the semis in US open.

So please.... tell me of another player this year that had such a consistent performance in Grand Slams and Tournaments as well.

Yep... thought so...

DAVAI MASHA. Her improvement over last year is ASTONISHING, no matter how you try to spin it. If she keeps working as hard, then I cant wait to see what the future holds!
5 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Aussie4 on 9/8/2012(UTC), paul_pipkin on 9/8/2012(UTC), alexandreka on 9/8/2012(UTC), deadchip on 9/9/2012(UTC), Brebis on 9/10/2012(UTC)
Imnumber2
#312 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 10:06:54 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

The reality is that it does not matter whether you've played great but unfortunately it's all about results. Maria is simply having HUGE problem beating Serena and NOW Vika which pissed me off the most.

The only good news about this outcome from the US Open is that Maria has FINALLY reached the SF!!

IMO, she needs to work more on her physics. 

paul_pipkin
#313 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 10:20:03 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

Unfortunately Dr Bartoli is otherwise engaged. :P I'm joking but I'm not. What other coach is so focused on and adroit with the Physics?

All Saturday play delayed by rain. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#314 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 11:03:28 AM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

There's no chance the women's final gets played tonight. There's a ton of rain heading that way. Big break for Vika getting an extra day's rest.

If you include the Olympics, Maria has 2 semis and 4 finals in 6 of 9 major tournaments in the past two years. You can look at that as amazing consistency, giving herself many chances to win. But you can also say that she only won one trophy out of those 6 chances and she's let golden opportunities to really cement her legacy and add another major or two to her resume slip away. You just can't expect Maria to continue to put herself in those positions because it's not easy. What worries me is that other players are going to continue to get better and hungrier and Maria will have to work extra hard to keep up. I feel like 2011 and 2012 was Maria's big window to add multiple majors because she was healthy, Serena was out of picture for most of that period, and other top players hadn't really emerged. The French was great, but I think she should have won at least one more major when it was there for the taking. Serena is now back more dominant than ever, Azarenka is starting to rule her rivalry and get in Maria's head, Kvitova will get better, and Maria's serve still stinks. And who knows what other players could emerge. I'm kind of frustrated about the past two years, thinking about what could have been.
1 user thanked Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/8/2012(UTC)
Imnumber2
#315 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 1:02:21 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan;319070 wrote:
There's no chance the women's final gets played tonight. There's a ton of rain heading that way. Big break for Vika getting an extra day's rest.

If you include the Olympics, Maria has 2 semis and 4 finals in 6 of 9 major tournaments in the past two years. You can look at that as amazing consistency, giving herself many chances to win. But you can also say that she only won one trophy out of those 6 chances and she's let golden opportunities to really cement her legacy and add another major or two to her resume. You just can't expect Maria to continue to put herself in those positions because it's not easy. What worries me is that other players are going to continue to get better and hungrier and Maria will have to work extra hard to keep up. I feel like 2011 and 2012 was Maria's big window to add multiple majors because she was healthy, Serena was out of picture for most of that period, and other top players hadn't really emerged. The French was great, but I think she should have won at least one more major when it was there for the taking. Serena is now back more dominant than ever, Azarenka is starting to rule her rivalry and get in Maria's head, Kvitova will get better, and Maria's serve still stinks. And who knows what other players could emerge. I'm kind of frustrated about the past two years, thinking about what could have been.

I guess we just need to wait and see how she'll react on this lost. She really needs to step up. Yeah Vika is her new rivalry, her beast for the next 5 years.

paul_pipkin
#317 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 5:03:32 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

LSH posts: Sunday (09 September) 11:00 Djokovic - Ferrer  To Finish 2-5

Monday (10 September) 19:00 Williams - Azarenka 

Aussie4
#316 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 5:14:28 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan;319070 wrote:

If you include the Olympics, Maria has 2 semis and 4 finals in 6 of 9 major tournaments in the past two years. You can look at that as amazing consistency, giving herself many chances to win. But you can also say that she only won one trophy out of those 6 chances and she's let golden opportunities to really cement her legacy and add another major or two to her resume slip away. You just can't expect Maria to continue to put herself in those positions because it's not easy. What worries me is that other players are going to continue to get better and hungrier and Maria will have to work extra hard to keep up. I feel like 2011 and 2012 was Maria's big window to add multiple majors because she was healthy, Serena was out of picture for most of that period, and other top players hadn't really emerged. The French was great, but I think she should have won at least one more major when it was there for the taking. Serena is now back more dominant than ever, Azarenka is starting to rule her rivalry and get in Maria's head, Kvitova will get better, and Maria's serve still stinks. And who knows what other players could emerge. I'm kind of frustrated about the past two years, thinking about what could have been.

Could have, should have, would have but didn't. Stop living in the past, what's done is done and there is no use worrying about it.

paul_pipkin
#318 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 1:16:25 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

There were only a few moments in 2012 that really mattered:

Those last forever.  The rest are just history.

5 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 9/9/2012(UTC), Aussie4 on 9/9/2012(UTC), deadchip on 9/9/2012(UTC), alexandreka on 9/9/2012(UTC), Brebis on 9/10/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#319 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 3:36:14 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
AGREED with the above post. These are indeed UNFORGETTABLE moments, not just of this year

but they'll talk about when Masha is long gone from the courts. Win the FRENCH OPEN & THE OLYMPICS

are the REAL HIGHLIGHTS in this years' career. Take Elena Dementieva, almost 2 years gone(sadly enough) and

what do we remember? That glorious day GOLDEN in BEIJING...as Paul says, highlights as above are

indeed written in STONE...don't u agree?...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/9/2012(UTC)
hmjohny
#320 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 3:53:47 AM(UTC)
hmjohny

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Maria lost but It's amazing that she got this far, honestly. I am very proud of her and now let's wait till the next tournament. Masha is the best. :) !!! HM

1 user thanked hmjohny for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/9/2012(UTC)